What's the best PPL routine?

What's the best PPL routine? (Or any routine) if someone one (6ft tall and athletic build) wishes to train with a focus on aesthetics?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How's CoolCicada's PPL for example?

Monday: Push

1. Barbell Bench Press 3x5
2. Barbell Overhead Press 3x5
3. Incline Barbell Bench Press 3x5
4. Dumbbell Side Lat. Raise 3x12
5. Rope Pushdowns 3x12
6. Dumbbell Dips 3x12
7. Dumbbell Shrugs 3x12

Tuesday: Pull

1. Deadlifts 3x5
2. Barbell Rows 3x5
3. Weighted Pull-Ups 3x5
4. V-Bar Lat. Pulldowns 3x10
5. Face-Pulls 3x12
6. Barbell Bicep Curls 4x12
7. Hammer Curls 3x12

Wednesday: Legs

1. Barbell Squats 4x6
2. Barbell Hip Thrusts 3x10
3. Leg Extensions 3x12
4. Hamstring Curls 3x12
5. Standing Calf Raises 5x12

Thursday: Push

1. Barbell Bench Press 3x5
2. Barbell Overhead Press 3x5
3. Incline Barbell Bench Press 3x5
4. Dumbbell Side Lat. Raise 3x12
5. Rope Pushdowns 3x12
6. Dumbbell Dips 3x12
7. Dumbbell Shrugs 3x12

Friday: Pull

1. Deadlifts 3x5
2. Barbell Rows 3x5
3. Weighted Pull-Ups 3x5
4. V-Bar Lat. Pulldowns 3x10
5. Face-Pulls 3x12
6. Barbell Bicep Curls 4x12
7. Hammer Curls 3x12

Saturday: Legs

1. Barbell Squats 4x6
2. Barbell Hip Thrusts 3x10
3. Leg Extensions 3x12
4. Hamstring Curls 3x12
5. Standing Calf Raises 5x12

Sunday: Rest
Monday: Rest

Repeat
-------------------------------------------------

Bump Bump Bump

It's a little weird having shrugs on push day, as it's a pull exercise, and traps are used much more on pull day (deadlifts, facepulls etc)

In addition, I assume you're going for size over strength? In which case, I'd HIGHLY reccomend ditching the 3x5 for benchpress and OHP. it's really little volume, and, especially for OHP, you're not gonna be able to increase lineally each week.

If I were you, I'd make the bench press and OHP 4x8-12. I made the mistake of doing 5x5 for too long, seeing no size, but decent strength. I swapped to 8-12 reps and oh boy the change was immediate.

Same thing with OHP, I couldn't increase my weight in a 5 rep scheme, but after changing to 8-12 reps I could increase each session and still can.

You might want to do more lat raises than is suggested. maybe 5 sets of 10-15

Also, add some pec flys for chest. They're great for building chest size

On leg day, maybe add some dedicated ab exercises. You don't want flat skinny boi abs. I like hanging leg raises and weighted crunches for this. 8-12 reps, 4 or 5 sets.

otherwise it's a pretty good setup, it's just that you won't get a lot of size with those Bench press and overhead press reps

Reddit PPL is better

Full Body 3-4x per week

coolci is super popular on reddit, is it not their routine?

>two Mondays
I would suggest an off day separating your lifts

I think the reddit one is "metallicapda" routine. its similar but with deadlifts to the coolciada.

Mines pretty neat.

Push
5x2 Power Jerk
3x5 OHP / Bench Press
3x8-10 Dips / Snatch Press
4x8-12 Lateral Raises
4x8-12 Triceps

Pull
5x2 Power Snatch
3x5 Deadlift / Pendlay Row
3x8-10 Chin Ups / Pull Ups
4x8-12 Face Pulls
4x8-12 Curls

Legs
5x2 Power Clean
3x5 Front Squat
3x8-10 Back Squat
4x8-12 Calf Raises
4x8-12 Abs

Feedback welcome!

yeh that PPL that fag made from reddit has made me some nice ARM gains as other autistic programs never really cared about but u also get alot stronger by doing the barbell lifts its great

I use coolcicas routine, but i only do PPLPP-RR
so i only train legs once a week. mainly because im not trying to get a huge ass from glutes and i don't give a fuck about squatting 400+lbs. all about being lean and aesthetic as fuck brah

How long have you been doing this, and what kind of results have you had? I'm thinking of doing PPLPP, and just about every time I mention that someone mentions doing one of the following instead:

>PPLUL
>PPLPPxxLPPLPxxPLPPLxx et cetera
>PHAT

I have a lmao3plate squat, tired of having to replace my pants every 6-12 months, and really just want to emphasize my severely lacking upper body while only working out during the week so I can be social on the weekends.

Only been doing it 3 months. Bench has went up 10 lbs. deads went up near 30 lbs. squat has gone up 50 lbs. and im doing all of this on a cut. (1.5-1.7k cals a day..) i'd say it's pretty fucking good

So you're new, right. You could literally do anything and make progress.

>6ft
>205 lbs
>B: 235
>Deads: 315
>Squats: 275
>OHP: 155
Been lifting 7 months total. 3 months have only been gym though. Literally had a bench with 135 lbs before that lol

So yeah, you're weak enough you could make progress on anything.

been doing ppl for 1.5 years
hit 1/2/3/4 on compounds for reps
3 plate squat came last due to doing legs once per week every second week.

literally no reason to not do PPL
everyone else is a lazy sack of shit, it is truly the best routine for natties

>weak
no rofl

Why can't you faggots just do PHUL and get the same amount of hyperthrophy, volume, and strength in four days not six.

Those are literally stats attainable within 3-5 months of lifting for any male with even the faintest athletic background, and 6-9 for a sedentary male. Hate to break it to you, but you're not strong at all.

i never said i was super strong, but those stats are def not weak status. what are your stats?

Cool, bro. I ran PPLx for a while but found it hard to manage weekends (or rather I'm really autistic and just told people I couldn't hang out because muh gym). I'll try PPLPP with some mild leg work on Monday and Friday.

How much weight do you add per week using the 8-12 rep for compounds?

Squat - 490
Bench (paused) - 290
Deadlift - 535
OHP - 190

I haven't attempted to progress my OHP for longer than you've been lifting. Makes me feel sad with myself in hindsight.

so you guys saying full body is superior.....

do any of you do WORK SETS of nearly 2xBW for squats/deads? or 1.5X for bench.

i can tell you i'm fucking wiped after heavy squats/deads. that's leg day. done. 2 or 3 more assistance for volume that's it.

once you hit a high enough strength level, it's necessary to have a separate leg day.

i do PLPxPLPx. it incorporates light/power days. more accurately it's ABCxDEFxrepeat it's not a straight BB routine like you might think. the PPL template is excellent for any goals

4/8/19/52

been lifting for 3 days now

for some reason i just don't believe you lol sorry. height/weight/lifting for how long??

Push Day:
Incline BB Bench Press, 3 Sets, 6-10 reps
Flat DB Bench Press, 3 Sets, 8-10 reps
Cable Crossovers, 2 Sets, 8-12 reps
DB Shoulder Press, 3 Sets, 6-10 reps
Side Laterals, 3 Sets, 8-12 reps
Tricep Dips (Heavy), 3 Sets, 5-8 reps

Pull Day:
Pull Ups, 3 Sets, 8-12 reps
Pendlay Rows, 3 Sets, 6-10 reps
Shrugs, 2 Sets, 6-10 reps
One Arm Bent Over Rows, 2 Sets, 8-12 reps
Ez Curls (Standing Heavy), 3 Sets, 5-8 reps

Leg Day:
Squats (Heavy), 3 Sets, 5 3 1 System
Deadlifts, 3 Sets, 6-10 reps
Leg Extensions, 3 Sets, 6-10 reps
SLDL/Leg Curls, 3 Sets, 8-12 reps
BB Calf Raises (w/ Plates under feet), 3 Sets, 8-12 reps

Upper Body:
Flat Bench (Heavy), 3 Sets, 5 3 1 System
Pull ups/Barbell Rows, 3 Sets, 6-10 reps
Incline DB, 2 Sets, 6-10 reps
One Arm DB Rows, 2 Sets, 6-10 reps
Standing OHP (Heavy), 3 Sets, 5 3 1 System
Side Hammer Curls (Light), 3 Sets, 8-12 reps
Skullcrushers (Light), 3 Sets, 8-12 reps

Lower Body:
Deadlifts (Heavy), 3 Sets, 5 3 1 System
Squats, 3 Sets, 6-10 reps
Leg Curls, 3 Sets, 6-10 reps
Front Squats/Leg Extensions, 3 Sets, 8-12 reps
BB Calf Raises, 3 Sets, 8-12 reps

Do this. PPL and full body. Do 5/3/1 on the heavy shit.

u wont be able to add much in the hypertrophe range, if ur focused on progressive overload, go for 5reps on the barbell movements, then add 2.5kg each workout and 5kg for deadlift

don't know why you replied to me bro. i have my own PLP that is specifically for my goals. got no interest in the super high rep BB routines desu.

I do.

It's simple, you lift 4 days. Flat bench 3x per week, variation of choice on day 4. Some light shoulder work every day, with OHP on day 4. You squat and deadlift every other day. You throw in some pulling and arm and core work if you feel like it each day. So a typical week I have looks like this.

Day 1 - competiton Squat, Flat Bench, Close grip bench, pulling, shoulder work, optional arm and core work

day 2 - competition deadlift, flat bench, pulling, shoulder work, optional arm and core work

day 3 - squat variation (normally SSB), flat bench, pulling, shoulder work, optional arm and core work

day 4 - deadlift variation, OHP, incline bench, pulling, arm and core work

Those are my stats. I've been lifting 2 years as of recently. I'm 6'2", 215lbs. Started at ~170 lbs. I have a test day next week so those numbers (the squat bench and deadlift) will probably be higher very soon.

gimme some roids so i can catch up bro

>>>/fraud/

Sorry I'm natty.

that's a reasonable split but i'm not interested in becoming BIG3 PLer. i use gymnastic movements in my routines as well. it's far more rounded that just a normal strength program.

i've done lots of different programs over the years. from ULx to GVT to crazy BB programs. and i made my best gains from PLP so i'm sticking with it. as my training knowledge improves i've added new things to it and am taking months/year long view towards future progress.

Do what you want man, I'm a fan of full body routines personally, but everybody has their own goals.