Cut now or keep going?

I'm 5'11" 227lbs. Was planning on continuing trying to gain to 235 or 245. 5 rep max for bench is about 200 or so for dumbell. Overhead is about 130 for dumbells. I'myself guessing I'm around 30% bf.

Keep in mind I'm not trying to cut to a super low body fat or super cut. I'm going for a smaller bear mode. I like to eat and the girlfriend likes it. Just strength and some more size.

I wouldn't mind being a little smaller but I have no illusions of a six pack or flat stomach

If you let yourself get fatter, your skin might not spring back and you'll have loose saggy skin when you cut later. You need to lose some of that body fat.

cut

Bulk.

Cut

Bulk

cut, you'll thank me when you see how shredded u look. Also trim your body hair and do something about that black miasma around your head

your skinnyfat with no muscle bulk

Bulk

don't listen to trolls saying bulk, 5'11" and 227 lbs is not "skinnyfat" it's fat. You don't look like you weigh that much but if you really do then CUT to like 190

you have to cut pretty soon or you're going to spillover my man

I can see your fingers. Bulk.

Not looking to get "shredded" friend, but thank you

I was 240 with a lot less muscle mass, I cut down to about 210 when I started lifting.

One last bump

You should bulk

Cut. The more bodyfat % you have the more fat you gain on a bulk. This is demonstrated science and we have the studies to prove it.

You should never get to 15% bf in your life, ever. It is well past time to cut.

Also, there are lots of negative health and looks effects of being over 12% bodyfat, including losing definition in your face and sunken cheeks. If I get to 13-14% I can't even see a clear and defined jaw muscle on my face and my sunken cheeks fill out.

Bro.
Cut for the sake of god.
Yeah sure you might be strong but you can be strong and not look like you have a 4 inch thick inner coating of jelly surrounding your body.

There is absolutely no reason to have that much fat on your body, it is not helping you in any way shape or form. Cut down to about 185-190 and then lean bulk.
The only reason you "like eating" is because it makes you feel good.
Sure there isn't anything wrong with eating a nice meal every once and a while but you should see your diet as fuel and nutrition first, and pleasure second.

You think people like Klokov got to look like that by eating burgers and cokes?
I highly suggest you go on a cut and learn proper dieting.

I second this

Keep cutting down to at least 15% I would recommend 10-12% or less then do a clean bulk. I believe a lot of fat tests are inaccurate

Also, when I do cut... I do -500 calories before or after considering my workout. If the latter, how do I calculate calories burned from the workout? It doesn't seem as easy as to calculate as say, steady state cardio, especially considering the afterburn effect.

want this on a shirt desu

i will wear it and only it to the gym

Came here to say this. The more fat you have, the more disproportionately you gain fat as you put on weight. Cut cut cut.

12-15% is considered the most healthy

>Klokov

I really don't want to be that defined, but I do want to lose a little BF percentage in the end. I would be happy sitting at 20-25% DESU. I guess I'll start a cut. I was planning on trying to maintain my lifts and doing HIIT.

Fine. Then don't ever go past 15%. Personally I find when I am 12%+ and look in the mirror, I'm not attracted to what I see looking back at me.

So I stay 9-12

Dude how do I make it to 10%? I'm stuck at 14/15, I can see the top of my abs OK and my diet is in check but it's killing me in the gym. I like can't break this barrier.

To each their own, but I get being healthy. I just find that much definition attractive. Flab also not, so I'm stuck in the middle.

When I cut, do I account for calories burned during workouts? If so, how do I calculate that? It doesnt seem as easy as steady state cardio, especially with the afterburn.

How much of a deficit can I get away with if I go crazy with protein and lift heavy? I was looking to try HIIT

Dont find*

Really doesn't matter how fast you cut. Faster is better. Less carbs less fat more protein than when bulking.

planet fitness boi

You should start lifting before you start cutting.

Why are fat cunts on here so insistent on bulking when they're already fat.