/plg/ Powerlifting General

Powerlifting General
Thread dedicated to the sport of Powerlifting.
Squat/Bench/Deadlift

>equipped edition

Sheiko programs:

Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s12QDFKTMW2A
youtu.be/9djDvA7KhzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depressed

>equipped

Didn't we put this faggotry in it's grave last thread?

There is only one real solution to depression and that is staying busy. Moping is the pastime of the bored my friend.

Don't listen to trappy's stupid bullshit about cognitive behavioral therapy.

Is blain natural?

He's drug tested, and that's as much of an answer as you're going to get.

vocaroo.com/i/s12QDFKTMW2A

You do realise CB therapy is about helping depressed people to stay busy, create a schedule, find goals to pursuit, etc, right?

It's about changing the patterns in their daily life that contribute to depression.

Does Isley bench 315?

True yeah, I know that's the answer.
But I can't get the shit bringing me down out of my head, regardless of how busy I am. It's effecting my day to day life.

No but he almost deadlifts 325 in equipped.

I aint got time for your stupid bullshit t b h f a m

Is this achievable natty?

Sorry I meant in LBs.

Also what exactly makes that equipped versus raw? The belt? Is it a special singlet? (I'm asking this in earnest)

If you tell me your problems, I'll shit on you until you feel bad about feeling bad then we can move ahead feeling better about ourselves. You because of your new perspective and me because I enjoy lashing out at people.

Psychiatry isn't a meme senpai.

If you have chemical imbalances in your nervous system, staying busy isn't gonna help much.

You wouldn't tell someone with tuberculosis to just stay busy, right? It's baffling how people do that to people with major depression, as if it's nothing but being a crybaby.

I'm just telling the truth bby

It's a deadlift suit, not a regular singlet. Basically a super tight, kinda stretchy singlet that adds a bit to your lift if you know how to use it right (which takes some doing, because that same tightness and rebound is constantly trying to force you out of position).

by the time you get ripped going natty she'll be ugly, so no.

Wear heels when deadlifting and you'll reduce your rom even more

How on earth does that work?

The idea that different states of mind are diseases is the result of two things: pharmaceutical business creating recreational drugs and calling them medicine and hedonistic consumerism selling people the ideanthat happiness is the only acceptable emotion and consuming products is the answer to any problem.

Pls no fed memeing in this thread thanks

im 95 kg. what's the acceptable lift of 1 RM in bench, dead and squat?

my stat:

160 kg bench
150 kg squat*
190 kg deadlift*

*this is recent. i have herniated my back in 2013 doing 210 kg deadlift without belt as well as 180kg squat without belt.

I don't ask questions, it just did.

Why didn't psychiatry cure your gender dysphoria

Stop worrying about what's 'acceptable' and simply consider whether they're going in the right direction.

how did you spend christmas?

i dont understand how anyone can squat 500 kilograms. his legs dont even look capable of it

my nature is very competitive. it's the only reason why i pursue goals. i want to compete but i wanna know the numbers for my weight group.

It helps when you're pushing 180kg BW. Blaine is a terrifyingly huge guy.

Roids,being obese and equipped.

hes a terrifyingly big guy for you

yes

It's powerlifting. There's really no way of knowing how you'll do in a competition unless you know in advance who is going to be there. You might be the only serious competitor in your weight class, you might end up dealing with a bunch of elite lifters using your meet as a qualifier for nationals/worlds.

Difference between sheiko int med load and large load?

obviously the large load has more stuff but how much more stuff?

Large load is about 20-30% more volume, I believe. Someone with more patience could break it down by comparing the volume calcs on the two spreadsheets.

Usually it's the workset having one more set, or being 3 reps instead of 2.

Med load has more varied accessories, and sometimes goes a bit heavier.

>I can't see the symptoms with my eyes so that means an illness doesn't exist

I wish the population wasn't so uneducated about these things.

It did, I'm cured. Life is great and I couldn't be happier.

>cured
>absolutely terrified of anyone other than your family knowing you are trans
Hm

Your bench is higher than your squat. You're not doing it right.

>Bitches about Kbooey's form
Deadlifts like this. Cmon lad

>has no counterpoint so alludes to being more educated

Too bad CBT couldn't cure being a know it all who is also stupid.

That's not bad, particularly for equipped. No-one looks good with the dreaded side-view deadlift.

large load is for ppl under 80 kg
medium for ppl over 80 kg
small for ppl over 120 kg

medium has 1876 lifts, large has 2627, i.e. 40% more

sheiko himself said this

My deadlift looks identical to Clarence kennedys and I'm pretty happy

That's society, not me.

If most people weren't like you, I wouldn't need to worry about these things.

But my gender dysphoria is cured. Not wanting to be exposed and put in danger of all types of harm has nothing to do with gender dysphoria.

My counter point is that you think something doesn't exist because you can't see it.

I'm not gonna give a lecture about psychiatry or the history of major depression treatment to someone who doesn't give a fuck.

i've herniated my back. hence the asterisk.

>doesn't know shit
>says 'you don't deserve my knowledge' while frantically googling smart sounding counterpoints to make

trappy has the strongest dunning-kruger effect I've seen
Maybe it has something to do with his other mental illness

Sounds like projection.

What harm?
You are just insecure about who you are.
Lying about your gender(trans) means implies you are still dysphoric.

You don't deserve my knowledge and You don't deserve my time are very different fAm.

>you think something doesn't exist because you can't see it.

This perfectly illustrates my point about psychotherapy being a religion. You yourself have implied that one must have FAITH in the existence of depression as a disease. Cool evangelizing bro but I'm not going to join your cult.

Nice meme

>what harm

Physical harm, risk of death, harm to my academic life, harm to my professional life, harm to my social life, etc etc etc

>Lying about your gender(trans) means implies you are still dysphoric.

You can't make up definitions that don't exist.

Psychiatry isn't psychotherapy.

Sometimes I can't believe how many people on Veeky Forums are anti-science.

is felipe's penis bigger than yours?

All of the same points I made about psychotherapy apply to psychiatry, you're just attempting to misdirect because you have no logical argument. Implying I'm 'anti-science' for questioning the validity of pseudoscience only stands to illustrate your blind commitment to your religion in spite of logic.

its not stretchy, thats the point...

Trappy BTFO

So started 5/3/1 and the AMRAP sets I feel are going pretty well and I'm enjoying them. But, the j-hooks on the racks at my local gym are complete shit.
On my bench AMRAP towards my last few reps I end up clipping the hooks when elbow flare becomes more pronounced, because I have to unrack the bar so far to begin with and that obviously completely fucks my set.
I usually just do another 3 reps or so in another set which would increase the volume to a PR but it's still really pissing me off.

Any bros got any idea on where I can buy some j-hooks for a hammer strength rack? Or had any experience with my problem?

pic related is pretty similar to the ones at my gym, I think the ones at my gym are a little deeper and longer though.

Would a 225 squat be considered good by normie standards?

damn, he just kind of falls over when reracking. probably would die if he misses

Is Brazil really that much of a shit hole that coming out as trans would effect your grades,employment prospects and get you outcasted socially?
You are clearly upper middle class. Brazil is one of the most economical segregated countries in the world? You have probably never been within 10kms of a favella monkey which might* assault you for being transexual.

Not buying it. You just can't stand being seen for what you are,not a biological female.

The man built his own custom safety blocks for squatting and benching. He's well aware of the consequences.

Brazil has one of the highest rate of trans murders in the world, both absolute and relative to the regular murder rate. It's not exactly something you'd only ever see in the slums.

Source?

no

Tfw trappy's BTFO and scurries back to her orbiter chat pretending not to care.

Nao

the only reason they tolerate him is because he teases their orbiter dicks

How can you be cured when you still think you're a woman?

How come she runs away whenever she loses an argument?

Trappy right now.

Alphas of plg:
>big man

Betas of plg:
>everyone else

Depression isn't real you fucking faggot

She's unwilling or unable to face the truth. Pretending to be an authority on things you don't know shit about probably gets exhausting.

>maxing in training

pretending to be a girl probably gets exhausting too
LMAO

what is /plgs new years eve plan?

Going to sleep at 10:00 like always.

This is true, everyone seems so easily sucked into the webs of bait I've been weaving..

KEK

Opinion on 2suns 531 LP? It's 531 squished into a single week, a long with some sheiko rep schemes.

Also, how would one add a fourth day to a 3 day sheiko routine? like an extra upper day on saturday?

Who here wants to make a New Year's Eve suicide pact?

me, but you go first

Okay but you have to promise to do it after

100% chance no one delivers

How did /gf2016/ go lads?

Put on a trip if you're part of the suicide pact.
Whoever posts after January 1st will be exposed as a weasel.

youtu.be/9djDvA7KhzY

#tfwgf2k18 is the gf goal of patricians user

My family flew to Florida, where we are until like 2pm est news year's day. Hbu

I demand a physique update. No homo

Get drunk in Montreal.

>It's 531 squished into a single week
Seems like a shitload of AMRAPs plus some pretty long days after your first few weeks. As for adding a fourth day, you could just do a back/arms day, or you could do a full second deadlift day, lower volume than Wed, with a repeat of the week's lowest volume bench session.

i'm curious, why are there even spotters that have their hands around plates at such heavy weights? it's not like they can stop it he drops it, especially with those weird poses

They're not there to stop it if it gets dropped, they're there the help him if he can't stand up with it.

There's no misdirection. You're implying major depression isn't a real illness even though we have decades of studying backing it up.
But sure it's all a farmaceutical company's conspiracy. Depressed people should just try harder to not be depressed. Just like people with cancer, they should just try harder not to have cancer.

Yes

Yes. And it would also happen in most places in the so called "first world".
Just a few weeks ago we had gay guys (not even trans) being bludgeoned to death just for being gay.

>You have probably never been within 10kms of a favella monkey

You basically know nothing about Brazil and are making stupid assumptions.

I checked my ID and it says female, so I seems like I'm right?

I was literally having sex.

I've never seen the 2suns thing.
The fourth day is basically deadlifts and incline bench/OHP and accessories.

>I checked my ID and it says female, so I seems like I'm right?
Try checking between your legs next time and tell me what you see

A cute thigh gap?

I checked and there isn't anything saying I'm male or female, just my body and limbs.
Is it supposed to be written on my thighs or something?

>I checked my ID and it says female

Guise I crossed the box that said female on the paperwork and now it's on my ID so now I am grill? C:::