/OWG/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

/OWG/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>Favourite Accessory Exercise Edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BOfIpURgkFW/
youtube.com/watch?v=6DmrJDlmq1I
youtube.com/watch?v=ORxkvk-P8nw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll start

Snatch pulls are pretty rad, especially after squats.

don't bother man. owg is dead

I'm just here for the webms of cute girls working their snatch.

pls dont die, i love reading these threads at night after lift

In periodization, when do I attempt squat PRs and how often?

yeah

this

i did front squats today for the first time in a while. worked up to a 147 single.

>tfw right wrist still fucked up

this sucks lads. I haven't done any classics in over a month. I was making really good progress too. Added 40 lbs to my CnJ since May. I don't know when I'm going to be able to start training the classics :(

I mean, it depends, but you would go for Squat PRs during your low volume, high intensity phases, well outside of comp taper/prep. Attempt as often as makes sense to do so. I don't see any reason to do it more than a couple times a year.

Is this Caliban? Why you always broke, man?

instagram.com/p/BOfIpURgkFW/

Let's play form critique

What happened to Mattie? Is this her end?

>kipping pull-ups
>live ig video
>basic white girl lazyness

nah im not a tripfag, I just like to browse/post

>you won't die from taking a break yall

no, but you certainly won't win any medals

Ilya Ilyin took a YEAR off after the 2008 Olympics.

But ye man trained from child

Ilya is Ilya. Mattie hasn't won anything

She just won the World University Championship for the 69kg class.

youtube.com/watch?v=6DmrJDlmq1I

Rack jerks ( and more than likely block if I had access) if they count as assistance. If not, then hang anything, and complexes. And of course all upper body work aside from benching

>tfw will never do easy mode in life and live as a fitness girl having easy to obtain body by not eating like a fucking hippo posting green tea shakes on instagram
why do I live anymore

She just won a big competition, I think a vacation is deserved

That said, you do have a point
>kipping pull-ups

The standard programming at our gym sees a 1rm attempted once per 8week cycle along with other lifts. Wether that's a new pb depends on many things. In theory we would peak every lift in program for pbs across the board but of course if you hit new pb in block snatch, clean and fs Monday it might fuck you up for the full lifts.

Personally I only worry about squat pb if I feel good, my technique is behind my squat numbers so therefore not a big deal if I don't regularly test my squat 1rm

It has crossed my mind that as someone starting the sport at 30 with some mobility issues maybe I should just get strong as fuck and say bullshit to effeciancy?!

yeah, snatch pulls are pretty rad
youtube.com/watch?v=ORxkvk-P8nw

NEWVIDEOSNEWVIDEOSNEWVIDEOS

No banter here but are any of these lifts impressive? Like Olympic level impressive? Like, the dude failing 100kg?

Don't get me wrong, 220 for reps is cool, but world class..?

>unironically comparing Illya with Mattie

>I'm only pretending to be retarded

how do I into periodisation?

>all back, no legs
wtf?

Please try not to get hurt.

What's /OWG/ opinion on VS athletics shoes?
I like them because of their high heel height (1+ in heel), its good for me because i'm a 6ft6 tallbrah, but for some reason it seems that the sole is made of cheap rubber thats compressible over time (the shoe cost only about 50 bucks) like adidas powerlifts/pp2. I'm looking for a replacement for my customized heel adipowers but i dont wanna drop 200 bucks for leistung/position's new blue suede due to the questionable reviews ive heard about them.

Could you just for a moment try your very hardest to not be a faggot and try to answer the question.

/owg/ anons are just worse than bottom tier

Everyone's opinions shoes are gonna be different.

Worth investing in a decent pair though that doesn't compress.

6'4'' here w Romaleos I got on sale. Pretty worth it.

The guy wasn't failing.

He was dropping the bar on purpose.

It's to save energy. It's a submax weight, they know they can stand up with it, so they pull it, get it to their shoulders, then just drop it from the half squat position.

People do it for snatches too. Catch it, sink into the bottom and maintain stability for a second, then drop it. Especially no need to stand up on snatches. It's very rare to fail a snatch standing up.

Okay, awesome. Thanks for clarifying. It totally looked like he had it, just wondering why

You are such a smarmy cunt, mate.

She is overtrained or something, her coach said no classics for a whole so she is going back to her crossshit instead. The worst bit is she loves running again wewlad

Lost some skin on my thumb. Do you just use normal sports tape on it for hook grip?

Please don't be so flippant with your adjectives

Damn, won't her form Deminish?

He's right. You really come across as a smug, smart, entitled, spoiled little brat. You know what you asked was retarded, you know those weren't missed lifts.

You're just an attention seeking asshole who has to try to shit on other people to make yourself feel better. You're not special, you're not good, outside of you're little circle jerk you're a nobody. You also have a fucking sloppy rig and shit lifts for someone who literally took drugs.

Can someone figuratively take drugs?

Sucks that you can't distinguish an internet persona from who I really am

But in the end does anyone give a fuck about a no lift user that takes offense to me calling this wlg and other shenanigans ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also most of these guys weight like 50-60 kg dont they?

hello name of bordo

just took some weed....total high very realizeing enlitenment

finna ebin trolle owg.....

after im finna be done im gonna do dome medocre lifts and pin test in my ass

Anyone who maintains an 'internet persona' to the extent you do must either be a dickhead or a fucking boring person irl too desu, and this is fucking Veeky Forums so that's a retarded thing to say

Also, nice response calling me a non lifting user. That's super funny. Good job. The reality is your lifts are nothing special and youre rig is fucking sloppy next to me m8, and you did drugs and shrank your balls. Nice one bro good work being a real lifter!

I haven't found a way to tape my thumb without causing it to explode. I use pic related when my thumbs are tender

Helo blueshoed

So what was it that I said that got you this rustled?

>making baseless assumptions about who I am IRL
:okay:

>No lift user
I was hoping you'd reply with proof that you aren't just a weak complainer but I guess nobody wins today

Nice talking with you user, way to put together constructive arguments, you seem like a great guy to hang out with

Isn't baseless at all. Do you know what baseless means? I guess not.

I haven't seen any proof you lift either, in the context of this thread. Sumo ain't shit, that lift takes no skill and anyone who did juice like you could do that. I can link you an old YouTube video if you're really that bothered. I CBA making webm

It was a deliberate, not my problem you needed to look the term up.

All we get of you is your 'internet persona', so don't get so uppity when we treat that persona as if it were 'really you'.

Do you know what baseless means or do you know me irl?

So now you don't know what 'assumption' or 'baseless' means

Btw I will probably squat what you sumo within the next few months

Damn, 600 for a double?

What was that yt vid you eluded to? Time training?

>no skill
Try it out with some heavy weight and see how well it goes for ya

Most people on owg cant even squat 250 doubt your beating anyones dl sumo or conventional

well i am not most people

i am blueshoes retard

YouTube video??

Pls take you're powerlifting content to the relevant thread