antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos

>Books

The Naked Warrior - www.pdfarchive.info/pdf/T/Ts/Tsatsouline_Pavel_-_The_naked_warrior.pdf
You Are Your Own Gym - www.pdfarchive.info/pdf/L/La/Lauren_Mark_-_You_are_your_own_gym.pdf
Overcoming Gravity
Coach Sommers Mastering GST Series

>tl;dr version?

Pressing/Planche Variations

- Pushups (Normal/Diamond/Pseudo-planche/Tuck-Planche)
- Dips
- Handstand Pushups (Elevated pike/Headstand/Handstand)
- Planche (Frogstand/Straight-arm frog/Tuck/Flat tuck/Straddle/Half/Full)

Pulling

- Rows
- Chin/Pull Up variations
- Rope climbing

Legs

- Pistol Squats
- Shrimp Squats
- Lunges

Core Strength (First 4 should be held for 3-5 sets for 60s each with little rest (1-2 min) between sets. 30s sets are fine for L-sits and pseudo-planche leans). The rational for the short rest period is that these are basic positions that you should be very comfortable in.

- Plank Variations (Forearm/Straight-Arm/Pseudo-planche Leans)
- Hollow Body Hold
- Arch Body Hold (don’t do this if you have low back issues)
- L-Sits
- Dragon Flags
- Front/Back/Side Levers Progressions

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

Some links may not work.

I'm chasing down a hypothesis:

I need to strengthen my psoas, I could do hanging knee raises while on rings but I think I will be bending from my back.

If I start on the ground with a hollow hold back position and bring by legs past 90 degrees I am still using my psoas correct?

Friendly reminder to eat more. I wasted a lot of gains back when i did calisthenics by not eating enough food.

And may i add that the exercise in picture related is of outmost importance along with something for the glutes like glute bridge raises preferable with feet elevated.

If you are not working your hamstrings or glutes you are fucking your self.

Peace

Bump

are those resistance bands around his feet?

also, static or dynamic for glute bridges

Not him but I'd say dynamic

Keep this thread going lads

Bump

holy shit how do people do L-sits that shit is impossible

Work up to it my dude
>Feet touching floor L sit
>One leg supported L sit
>Tuck L sit
>One leg out L sit
>Full L sit
Currently on tuck L sit for 18 secs.

static dynamic bridges feel awful for some reason. it's not a hard position to hold, but it's just so goddamn uncomfortable.

Anyone have that graph with the progression of increasing difficult exercises?

watch the antranik tutorial.

theres several but i assume you mean pic related. check the website out for extra info, as well as warmup and stretching routines

Is body weight worth it for trying to bulk? I don't have easy access to a gym but I finally cut down enough to finally want to work out.

Just keep working up to it. I'm 6'3, and I can do a full L-sit.

Depends what you mean, 'worth it'. If you don't have access to a gym, then it's definitely worth it. I gained 40lbs while doing bodyweight.

How long did it take you to gain that much if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not him but if I were you I'd use the gym and do calisthenics. Personally I do squats, deads, OHP, Weighted pull ups and dips and the rest is bodyweight.

I had no idea what I was doing, and I was slowbulking, so two years. On the upside, I gained barely any fat.

I might get access to my uni gym for an extra semester despite not having classes but I would like to have a back up plan in case I'm not allowed.

Is it better to eat as much as you would for bulking while lifting or am I gonna just get fat? I just dropped 40 pounds so I'd like to not go back to being skinny fat.

There's no real difference to bulking on bodyweight. Figure out your TDEE, add 300-500 calories, and eat that amount of calories a day. That's what I did, once I figured out what it was.
As long as you work out, you won't become skinnyfat again.

Pic related is me about a year ago, just before I started using weights as well.

calisthenics is essentially just doing easy versions of shit till you can do harder variations

how long had you been doing bodyweight stuff at the time of the pic?
did you have access to rings?
any chance you can give me a quick outline of what your routine was?

j00cy af no homo

Damn thanks user, I feel inspired

kurwa

>how long had you been doing bodyweight stuff at the time of the pic?
I think it was about three years at that point, but like I said, I didn't know what I was doing in the beginning. I fucked around with Convict Conditioning at first, which in retrospect was stupid as hell.

>did you have access to rings?
No, just a pullup bar and a dip station.

>any chance you can give me a quick outline of what your routine was?
My memory's a little fuzzy, but I worked out four times a week with something that was similar to an upper/lower split. I think I did 5x5 for a long time, then switched to 3x8 later. ABxABxx

One-armed pullup/chinup progression
One-armed pushup progression
Weighted dips
Weighted chinups every now and then
Handstand pushup progression
L-sit work
Hanging leg raises
Dragonflag proression
Pistol squat progression
Planks
Superman holds

I think that's the gist of it. I took most of my progression cues from the startbodyweight infographic that's already been posted.

Cheers for the compliment.

Sure thing. Don't listen to the morons on the board who think that bodyweight equals no gains. You just have to figure out how to increase the resistance.

Sticks and stones.

Damn dude. Makes me think what could have been if you had a set of rings

everything is nice , but how do start with it .
what are the basic stuff you need to do first to obtain power .

Bro its one of the easiest things once you get used to eat.
Its like a 135 bench. Normies think its impressive but its easy and youll be warming up with it one day

Push ups, pull ups, dips, squats and leg raises
I think that sums it up.

Shameless self bump
I want some dudes who can planche to give me pointers

I been on fit and in to calisthenics since 2011 and i yet to see anyone that started with calisthenics and posted on fit do a planche.

All these people on fit with that goal, for 5 fucking years.. I've yet to see anyone from here manage to do it..

If you want to do a planche, you are 3+ years of dedicated training away from doing it. And that seems to be to much for people.

Would this inforgraph be good to add in as accessories to a weightlifting routine?

no

3 years? Damn. Ah well, Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm thinking of dropping all uper body weighted stuff apart from dips and chins to train specifically for planche, front and back lever & 90 degree pushups. Wish me luck.

Make sure to drive your hips forward. It helps get the feet up. Feel it in your triceps

appreciate the reply
inspiring stuff man

if you want to work on some new skillsets then yes
in terms of general aesthetics, meh

If that is the road you want to go then coach summers Foundation series is the program you want. It takes you to those goals specifically.

And good luck. Its not easy. I jumped to weight lifting as i was getting a bit old (not really) but i just wanted aesthetics.

I just started doing free handstand push ups on the floor and there is fuckload if shoulder activation. I thought it would be a triceo dominant move since its only half the ROM but i was totally wrong.

Glute ham raises are superior to those in every way. It's just fucking impossible to find a convenient place to do them most times.

I'm about six months out of OCS for the Navy. Not in bad shape currently but I'd like to greatly improve my endurance for push-ups and core stuff. Any recommendations about what to do?

Who here bulk and calisthenics?

Start doing pushups and core stuff.

I did.

If I want to improve the number of pushups I can do in 2 minutes, should I just practice doing them as fast as possible, or should I do more slower sets to maximize resistance?

Aamuja