Why does he look cool instead of full autismo? Is it because he's got a good frame...

Why does he look cool instead of full autismo? Is it because he's got a good frame? Could Veeky Forumsizens pull the look off (if it weren't a well-known film costume)?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.cosplay.com/25018/387463.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1.Confidence
2.Ridiculously good looking

but I would stress his confidence and swagger as the more important factor

I deduced this because I am friends with a lot of good looking autismos and ugly people with great social skills/presence

1) it's a fucking movie

2) he would look ridiculous in real life

3) it wouldn't matter that he looks ridiculous because his face is in the top 0.1% of males, so he would still be able to pull pussy

>10/10 face
>perfect hair
>not a pencil neck
>low bf%
He could make anything look "cool".
"Cool" is just another word for good looking.

because its a fucking movie

Because it's a movie from the 90s you fucking retard

>it's a movie
>the status of being a movie somehow makes an outfit cooler

Are you saying if you encountered Brad Pitt dressed like that in the street and acting charismatic, he'd seem autismo? It just seems to look good on him.

>Is it because he's got a good frame? Could Veeky Forumsizens pull the look off (if it weren't a well-known film costume)?
No and no. Brad actually has a really small, ectomorphic frame. He was only 149 lb in Fight Club at a height of 6'0", bear in mind.

He looks cool because he's insanely, ridiculously handsome and because he has good lighting, professional photography, a professional hair dresser to make his hair look perfect without trying between takes, et cetera. He also looks cool because of framing; his character IS cool, the epitome of a devil may care, physically fit and tough, rakishly handsome rebel who is willing to dare anything. If Tyler were written to be an SJW who spends hours a day on reddit and tumblr, we probably would have a different mental image of him.

If you've read the excellent novel by Chuck Palahniuk, you may remember the passage where the narrator mentions Tyler "now buys all of his clothes from thrift stores or steals them from hotel lost and founds." I give the film team credit for doing an excellent job of taking that motif and running with it. It's even more evident later on when you see him with his shaved head wearing a tank top and a fur coat. Everything is mismatched on purpose to really stress how Tyler just doesn't give a fuck and that's why he's so cool.

But I can't stress enough how that would never, ever work on someone who isn't as fit and handsome as Brad Pitt.

>but I would stress his confidence and swagger as the more important factor
Laughable. If anything, a person with the balls to dress like that suffers from having too much confidence. Google image search "Tyler Durden cosplay." People lacking confidence do not go out in public looking like this guy!

>He could make anything look "cool".
>"Cool" is just another word for good looking.
This. Totally and completely this.

>6ft
>Brad Pitt

Don't go full retard there son. Brad wishes he were 6', he only barely reaches 5'7

>full retard

he's 5'11 you sperg

>confidence
>fitted clothes
>lean
>objectively attractive man

also because its a movie
>his clothes have a sort of context
>the movie makes efforts to see him as cool

When I watched this I thought he looked autismo af.

his clothes fit right which almost no men can manage to do

Yes. He would look like a junkie or pimp. Neo in the Matrix looks cool too but I'm not about to dress like him. Real life doesn't have a soundtrack and scripted conversations

>People lacking confidence do not go out in public looking like this guy!
Confidence as in body language and presence

You live in an age where you carry a device in your pocket that blasts whatever music you want. There is no reason to not dress like Neo and play industrial when you enter a room.

>Neo in the Matrix looks cool too but I'm not about to dress like him. Real life doesn't have a soundtrack and scripted conversations
You mean you DON'T want to look as cool as this guy?
medium.cosplay.com/25018/387463.jpg

>Confidence as in body language and presence
Which "Tyler" got from being played by a good actor with 10/10 looks playing a character who is a projection fantasy of the ideal male.

OP asked

>Could Veeky Forumsizens pull the look off (if it weren't a well-known film costume)?
and the answer is just "no."

Give it a rest. While we're at it, give yourself a rest.

It's cuz of the aesthetic of the movie. If you saw some dude dressed like that IRL, you laugh even if he was as attractive as BP in his prime.

>Give it a rest. While we're at it, give yourself a rest.
I just reply to you when i see you on thread watcher I am rested alright, but yeah Veeky Forumsizens cant pull it off because they are fucking aspies. I have seen very average people dress flamboyantly and do well in social events.

>1) it's a fucking movie
in present context, dipshit, it's a picture of a dude