Can we get a COLD SHOWER thread going?

I've started cold shower about 1.8 years ago, at first as a way to get rid of the heat, but what I discovered literally blew my mind. After a few cold showers, I found myself recommending them to everyone, because they were pure therapy. After that I started searching on google the benefits of them, I'm going to present you some that I have seen on myself:
>godmode immunity system, I haven't been sick ever since, no flu, only an occasional toxic-aliment that would disturb my stomach and only once resulted in a fever but for no more than a day
>faster recovery from workouts, also it stops the pain of sore muscles, especially if you can't sleep because of it, it will calm them down
>it will soften your skin, my girlfriend is still thrilled and jealous of how soft and clean my skin can be without using anything, and she is using lots of cremes without getting my results
>it relaxes your nervous system, I've found myself being irascible couple of times, and after taking the cold shower, it was like my brain got a reset, I was calmer and more spiritual
>it will give you the best sleep you ever had, better than sleeping pills
>it raises your testosterone level

These are all effects I've seen on myself and I would like to share with all of you fit/zens. Sometimes I would take hot showers and then at the end switch for the cold water for 20-50 seconds before I get out or other times I would take full cold, I recommend both, and make sure you never end a shower again with warm water after reading this.

Also, I would like to insist on the sleeping effect, I don't ask you to believe me, just give it one simple try, it will take no more than 60 seconds. Tonight, right before going to bed, go into the shower, start the cold water (no warm water) start with the feet and move up, you don't even have to stay too much in the cold water, just enough for your body temperature to go down, to get that mini hipothermic shock (you don't even have to use soap or anything, just cold water

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUQwFZ_xFdM
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17958903
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25782017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and you don't have to use it on your head (is optional), after making sure you have a colder body, get out, clean your body of the left water and go straight to bed and good night, you can thank me tomorrow.

I usually do these after workouts (that happen to be very late) So ice-shower before bedtime is godtier. I do it differently tho, i begin with cold and stay minute or two then i switch to very hot and back to cold. I always end with hot water and that shit leaves me so relaxed i fall sleep no problem.

I do cold showers after the gym. Is this an OK replacement for ice baths?

Your life will still be shit regardless of the temperature of the water. Do you think all nobel prize winners in physics or billionaires attained their success due to this? No. Now quit shitting up Veeky Forums with these memes

>stop doing what i dont like
Cry more faggot

He's blowing it out of proportion for his audience. Nobody says they're going to make you a super saiyan, but they have legitimate benefits. Go be a grumpy ass hole somewhere else.

I usually just do a long blast of cold water at the end of my shower, much more enjoyable t b h

Our hot water heater wnt out at my old house. We had a well. That water was comming from 100 or 200 feet in the ground. Now those were some COLD ASS SHOWERS FAMPAI

>dont try to be better goy!!

A question:
Is it supposed to be ICE COLD water?

I don't know if it's placebo or not, but the day after I take a cold shower I get out of bed right away and feel great all day. I just feel so much more mentally powerful

>tfw want to take cold shower but I don't want to catch a cold because I have an important event on new years eve

being cold isn't how you catch a cold you turbo sperg

being cold doesnt give you a cold

Where the fuck do you retards get these retarded-ass memes? Reddit? Men's Health? The Art of Manliness?

Holy fuck, go do stomach vacuums and jelqing somewhere else.

b-but anime!

Tell us how its wrong.

You breathed deeply when you took one didn't you? Usually happens when the shock response hits you.

Protip: it's the breathing that does it. If you can't take a cold shower for whatever reason, just do his breathing techniques. Look up Wim Hof, he has it perfected.

Well, depending, normally no, but there seems to be a vast amount of people which misunderstand not ice cold water for almost warm or neutral water.

Let's break it down so people will have a clearer vision of this, let's says water is from a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the hottest, 10 the coldest and 5 the neutral water. The water starts to feel cold at about 6 and you'll need to have it at least 7 in order to be cold. Of course, you can go to the extremes, I like doing that at the end of the shower especially, even if it's a one minutes shower, I would switch to 10 (when I'm taking the pre-sleep shower).

Also something I forgot to mention, if you have problems shivering, try to inhale as deeply and large you can, I do that in order to keep my body under control and it works great, it oxigenates the brain and put the blood into motion.

wait what? I'm 100% serious right now

I do it too but i submerge in a bath up to the neck, with water as cold as it goes, and I agree especially about the reset feeling, softer skin, and irritability/tension going away

Yes, breathing has a huge impact and part of the benefits are because of breating deeply, but cold water itself is an important stimulant and part of the benefits can be obtained just by breathing deeply.

How long do you stay in the shower to get the benefits? Also, are you actually using soap and washing yourself or just exposing yourself to the water?

The common cold is a virus, you catch it from other people and it constantly mutates so you can catch it multiple times, it's not something caused by being cold.

Started doing Wim Hof breathing the other day, it's a bit mindblowing how big the effect is.

You'll manage how much you react to harsh conditions with the breathing yeah. The cold water, to my knowledge, is good for health and skin.

Wim is on a whole other dimension with what he does though. Get a load of this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=XUQwFZ_xFdM

It's fucking unreal and I can only hope to get to that level one day.

Not this user, but from my understanding cold weather makes it easier for the cold virus to travel through the air. If you aren't used to cold weather this also puts stress on the immune system. Combine an easier to spread virus and a weaker immune system and your chances of getting sick increases. If your body is used to the cold, that may be why this works. Also, colds are spread in environments with cold weather because people spend more time indoors where viruses tend to be most prevalent.

As an aside, if you fall out of routine with cold showers, you'll be back to square one.

There was a period of time where I could handle them just fine, like an ordinary hot shower. Well, fell out of practice and, guess what? Back to bitch mode, wimped out. You can build it back up though, so don't fret if you fell out of the routine.

After a time I got too used to them and couldn't feel that fantastic sensation after leaving the cold shower, and I simply switched to scotian showers (cold-warm), kind of a bitchmode for cold showers, but works just fine, right now I'm still used and I can also feel that sensation.

>"I don't feel the pain, I feel the power"
>"I am stronger than the pain in that moment"

Can we get a seperate thread up for this Wim Hof nonsense?? This has to be one of the most badass things I've seen on Veeky Forums

Again that's depending on the kind of shower you take, at the end of my first post, with that presleep shower I was referring to only exposing to cold water, not literally washing you body with soap/gel douche anything like that, just water.

But to answer your question, you need to expose your body to cold water for about at least 40 seconds in order to get the full benefits, this has some scientifical back up so it's not just a magical made up number.

But you can stay longer, yes you can was your body, but I believe that these are things for advanced people, I can do them just fine, but for someone who does it the first time it would be nearly impossible.

Also, you can take hot-cold-hot-cold showers, but always ending in cold water.

I do this in the morning because I'm too pissy to take a cold shower, so I do hot and finish cold.

At night/evening time I'm all in for cold showers.

That's exactly how I feel, also do them in the morning when it's winter (I have a window at my bathroom so it's gets pretty cold over the night), after getting out of my warm bed it's a challenge to only stay in my bathroom naked because it's very cold/.

I take them and also sit around naked all day with no heat on here in New Hampshire.

I swim in the atlantic between lat April and November

I can stay in for an hour at 50 f

I have been doing this for about four years now..

Have done a few ice baths too... ten pounds of ice in a cold tub of water .. get in for ten minutes at a time

I am still fat though.. even though I eat a mostly fat and protein but at 53 years maybe my metabolism is shot for good.

maybe all I get from this is an immune system boost which is ok.

pic is my leg after swimming in late mid April this year at 42 f

eat less fat fuck

>detox
bs detector triggered

Just took one and wimped out, turned the water to hot.

But then to cold, then to hot, then finished cold.

why do you fuckheads always insist on posting this stupid meme shit like cold showers, nofap, jelqing, stretching, etc its all broscience bs

keep squeezing your 4 inch dick while taking cold showers, abstaining from masturbating and spending all your money on worthless snake oil supplements, because if you dont, you're just weak willed, right?

nice sour grapes faggot

top fucking lel. explain to me how subjecting yourself to slightly chilly water a few minutes a day has any effect on hematopoesis, cell differentiation, clonal duplication, production of reactive oxygen species, somatic hypermutation, or anything else related to immune function. protip: you fucking can't

that's fine if you like cold showers but stop with the fucking broscience. people are so dumb. no wonder dr oz and dr phil are still on tv

>people that aren't op will unironically defend his post

Look anons! It's a real human bean with his life put together! He doesn't even use cold showers the absolute MADMAN!

>meme
>stretching

>Pseudointellectual: the post

A hot shower still does most of those things you fucking faggot

Yes, but if you're not around anyone with the cold virus you could sit in the freezer all day without catching shit.

Provide evidence for your claims. It's fine if you take cold showers but don't try to convert people with unsubstantiated bullshit broscience. I think the main reason you take cold showers is the bragging rights, and you're just rationalizing it now

please, feel free to soundly refute any of my points, or do like said and keep trying to make your tiny dick bigger in a cool shower while not jacking off before going about your day with height boosting inserts in your heeled dress shoes. there is literally no peer reviewed science to support the benefits of cold showers

>muh ebidense
Google you fucking pleb use it.

>that image
>cold water showers will ''detoxify''...

Into the trash it goes.

Tell us how its right other than appearingly completely made up assertions with no evidence backing it up at all.

Watch "Art of Manliness" on Cold Showers. iirc he sources his info with research studies.

I didn't see a single citation in the video or description. even if he did, most studies are flawed.

Used to do cold showers, but I always end up stopping during the winter because I don't like being a human snowman.

Might pick it up during the summer again, though I can't say I ever really noticed major benefits.

Could cold showers just be a jewish trick? asking for a friend I love the jews.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17958903
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25782017

hmm, that was easy

Cold therapy was actually found to be worse for revovery. Immunuty system isnt affected much, if any at all from just cold exposure.

Its more likely that you went to ThisIsWhatILike.com and only looked for. Benefits. If you like cold showers. Then do them. But they dont do much at all.

I did cold showers for some 3 or 4 months, thinking it was giving my immune system a boost, but then got this really nasty cold/flu and just gave them up afterwards. Besides from the really good feeling after getting out of the shower (which is amply compensated by the dreadful one when stepping into cold water), I don't think there were any tangible benefits to taking cold showers.

My bad, im stupid, i was talking about those guys who think that excessive stretching would make them grow taller.

Stretching the muscles is very important

Yeah, if you don't give a shit what the studies actually say I guess it's pretty easy.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17993252
"In conclusion, wider and more rigorous studies would be needed to test the validity of the hypothesis"
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17958903
literally just a suggested hypothesis. no testing done at all
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25782017
jesus christ, do you even TRY to read the shit you're posting? "We subjected adult rats to a single local testicular heat treatment of water at 43°C for 30min." yeah, this study truly demonstrates the benefits of cold showers

>more studies need to be made
>that means cold shower benefits don't real
Skepticfag pls go

butthurt dicklet detected

Most high stimulating experiences will give change in depression. That doesnt mean it helps healthy people.

Just because it helps people with chronic fatigue doesnt mean it helps healthy people.
And a small acute increase in test does shit all for anything. And those points have NOTHING to do with what op describe. Except the testosterone part.

>Just because it helps people with chronic fatigue doesnt mean it helps healthy people.
Except it does mean that. If it shows benefit in people suffering from a condition, then healthy people could use that as a preventative were they to develop CF in the future.

Nice try, though.

Checking off the benefits that it would have on people is retarded.
And small boosts in tesosterone for HEALTHY people is massive.

What helps someone with a disease doesnt automatically help healthy people. The same way that very weak, old people, get strength from walking doesnt mean regulare people do.
And any form of activity will help toto prevent chronic fatigue WAY more than a cold shower.

Becoming The Iceman is the single best book I've ever bought.

Wim Hof is based

It's no meme brah, it's just the fact, mainly the sensation I got after taking an ice cold shower last night, was so great that I wanted to share with all of you but is seems some of you are too pussy to even try and that's ok, but don't be a hard kunt without even trying phag00t.

No, a small boost in test levels doesnt do much. Acute effects on hormones doesnt do much

And what benefits should this small spike give?

It will be more pronounced in people with a chronic ailment yeah, but that doesn't mean it won't help healthy people at all. Your point about walking is weak, regular people will absolutely get benefits from walking.

I like them because they're a hard thing to do on a cold winters morning and the feeling of alertness, excitement and at the same time, calm is a good one.

I don't really care what they may or may not do outside of that. They're worth it for that sensation alone.
It's a great way to wake the fuck up when all you really want to do is snuggle in bed and stay warm.

First, I told you the effects I got, it might be broscience but everything written with green is my own personal experience, I don't talk fairytales.

Then, finally someone with a legit point, but I'm going to explain you. All the viruses and bacteria are kept into your lymphatic system in order to keep them from making a human sick, when you take a cold shower, that lymphatic system is put into motion and the viruses and bacteria are pumped into the blood, therefore your immune system makes anticorps for them, and you get more resistant any immune to their kind. Of course, maybe you'll get sick once (same happens with vaccinations) but if you do them regularly you won't have anything much left in the lymphatic system to pump and you'll already have had anticorps for most of them, so that's where the godmode immunitary system comes from. It's not all broscience, but it's easier to spit shit than to do a search on google.

In healthy men who eat a healthy diet and are normally active, small spikes of testosterone can mean between a bit more energy and strength throughout the day.

>The same way that very weak, old people, get strength from walking doesnt mean regulare people do.

Regular people can't walk a full fucking mile at a good pace without sweating or getting drained slightly.

It doesn't, but feel free to stay in your comfort zone and keep telling you anythign that makes your boat float.

Let me tell you about a study, that conclusioned that hot water is bad for test levels and potency. Several men were put to a hot bath for 30 minutes everyday for 6 month, at the end of the study, none of them were still potent and the test levels in them significantly dropped.

Old people will get benefits from walking 20-100 meters. Regulare people wont. That was my example. What work for the sick doesnt automatically carry over to the healthy. Just like zinc and magnesium will boost the testosterone in deficient people, but not in non-deficient individuals.

No, it doesnt. If it did then why dont you feel the difference throughout the day? Who dont men have massive mood swings if tgey are so affect by a small difference?

I tend to use warm water then do a few cycles of warm-cold
cause I have RA and need the showers in the morning warm to loosen up my joints

tfw it's gonna get worse

>Old people will get benefits from walking 20-100 meters. Regulare people wont. That was my example.
And it's still incorrect. It's a foolish notion to suggest that regular people won't benefit from using the human body for what it was designed to do. You severely underestimate how much difference a little makes.

no, it's because in the cold weather everyone stays inside bunched up together

We do have massive moodswings, and more natural test doesn't just = more rage, it also means more happiness, more drive, more energy, more strength, more focus, more lust, more passion etc etc.

So thenbest people who live in colder climates have higher tests levels than people in warm climate? From the other guy here it seems like people who live in warm climates should have low test levels

Your mood is depend on most other hormones than test. You need a big difference in test levels to feel the difference.

I don't get why you guys came here with all these hate, I just shared my experience, also with some science supported facts. It's ok if you want to be a tiny bitch and stay in your comfort zone where the water is over 30 degrees C, but don't spread your shit around my post trying to disprove it, it was meant for people who want to get out of their comfort zone and try something new and benefical.

> be Australian
> middle of summer
> mfw coming home hot and sweaty after going for a run and feeling that cold water run down my back

The cold shower seems like it's an isolated effect not the bodies reaction to constant cold.

It might have more to do with the instant uncomfortable situation that the body is placed under and has to adapt too.
Like HIIT or lifting weights or anger or sex.

yeah right, next you'll be telling me that SS isn't a troll

>Hot water knob? Haven't touched it in months. I'm actually currently going through the process of having it uninstalled from my plumbing, they should be coming out sometime next week. I had to list a reason(s) on the work order as to why I am requesting my hot water knob to be removed and discarded. Would you can to hear the reasons? Well stay tuned friend. 2 reasons:
>1. Discipline
>2. Mental toughness
>My property manager was initially questioning my reasons, but I explained to her that by taking cold showers I am actually able to develop discipline and mental toughness. After a long and heated (note that I needn't anything heated, especially my water) debate, I was able to convince her to put the work order in. Now I'm living a great life, warm water free. I even started forcing my gf to take cold showers with me. I refuse to date an inferior female, and I explained to her that if she can't learn to accept and love cold showers as I have then we really have no business being together anyways.

Small boosts in test have a really profound effect on well functioning healthy bodies.
That's a fact.

No its Not. Layne Norton who has a phd and does research says it doesnt do anything. And i rather believe a, lifter who produces studies than a random guy online.

I don't give a flying fuck about your placebo effects, nobody in this entire thread has posted evidence that it works, nobody, including me can find it, because it doesn't exist, this silly shit does fucking nothing.

Also, if you think you're tough for taking cold showers, I feel sorry for you, I really do.

He does short term studies and reads short term studies while looking for instant results that are equivalent to a geared up lifter.
He's looking for the kind of results that leads to athletic excellence and excessive muscle in short periods of time.
Not overall well being and slight boosts in strength and energy.

Unless you can show me what he said exactly and aren't just paraphrasing.

I admit, I kek'd

Lol why r u so mad bro
You're just all tunnel vision and ignoring all the results.

He says that short term studies doesnt mean much because whats short term rarely correlates to long term.

No, need to talk about what he does when you clearly dont know.

>almost 2017
>still thinks stretching has any benefit to muscle recovery

How about this, stepping on small pieces of broken glass every day increases your testosterone levels, also supplements your bloodstream with iron, while simultaneously detoxifying your body because of the blood loss, it also helps you achieve spiritual enlightenment by increasing your pain tolerance.

Anybody who doesn't follow my routine is a scrawny little weakling PUSSY, ima go shitpost on Veeky Forums why everybody needs to try it

So you're saying that he's saying that he's commenting on something that doesn't produce anything that he can talk confidently about?
I don't get it.

Elaborate.

Cause all I'm getting is a bunch of faggots screaming COLD SHOWERS DONT GET YOU AS BIG AS STEROIDS CAN!! BUY STEROIDS LOOK WE HAVE A STEROID THREAD UP RIGHT NOW!!

Shit's gay and stupid.

people are calling you out for posting bullshit broscience and you're just like "oh you're just a pussy for not trying it" and then you get hate, what do you expect

I hope you know your image is a broscience meme mess. And tldr because of it.
>Cleanse your circulatory system
>Detoxify your organs

Oh I am laughing. Do you juice and use essential oils on your cyrstal necklaces?