Go to the gym with roommate

>go to the gym with roommate
>not even a hamplanet just out of shape
>Go to bench
>"Dude are you serious you can only bench the bar!?"
>Go to curl
>"Bro don't embarrass your self with those 20lb weights!"
>Go to squat
>"Dude just get off the rack, everyone is watching you, your weak and embarrassing me"

I'm not going back

Sounds like a dick

A little bit of an asshole

keep going, ignore him as he is just autistic and doesn't understand anything

Your roommate is a douchebag. Ignore him and go back.

If this is true then your roommate must live a very sad life if he feels the need to insult the amount you can lift on your first trip to the gym

If your will isn't big enough you can't take some bullying in the gym, you wont make it. I started benching an empty 10kg bar and was mocked as fuck.
rope yourself

youre roommate is right. don't go to the gym with a partner and don't go to the gym during visible hours until you have some minor respectful lifts.

when i first started going, and could only bench bar, low lbs curls etc. i made sure i went to my gym around 4am when it was empty so i didn't embarrass anyone.

once i got a bit better then i started going later in the day.

sounds like basic ball busting

do you even bro, bro?

What a bro

He's obviously trying to motivate you

We ended up leaving early because "I was messing with his lifting vibes"

>tfw too weak to lift

The guy sounds kinda autistic, literally nobody in the gym cares how much you lift

I'd be more concerned with people doing stupid things instead of trying the basic lifts.

assuming this isn't b8, suck it up wuss. i got a fucked up arm and was literally benching 15lb dumbbells in front of a packed gym for the first month or so. if you keep at it and keep progressing people in the gym will respect that much

In high school it was okay to start at the bar because at least 1/5th of the others did too. I stopped after college. Now I started going back at 5am...but 5 am even in the military gym there is fucking 15 people in there already.

This. Hes either retarded or busting your balls thinking you can take it.

Nobody cares about how much you lift.

it's okay op...I used to ask people to put on the 25lb and 35lb pl8s for me...now I can put on the 100lb pl8s.

I started at the bar too

$20 says your friend is a DYEL dudebro kike.

Why the fuck would he act like that.

Nobody gives a shit what you lift as long as you aren't obnoxious and ego lifting

Stick with good form do a full body routine 3x a week and get shredded

Good luck m8 report back tomorrow after you lift

We're all gonna make it

My advice.

Get instagram and follow "Girls Who Powerlift" and go back to the gym with him.

Let him do his sets then you go.

When he starts complaining show him video after video of girls fucking demolishing his lifts and say "If you can't lift more than these cunts then you need to shut the fuck up"

Seriously, there's chicks on there squatting close to 500 lbs.

Lastly, literally no one fucking cares about your lifts, except your roomate who probably gargles semen.

hmmm.

bandage your arm or shoulder or something to pretend to you have an injury.

then when people see you using low weights, they will think you are doing rehab.

problem solved. no need to be self-conscious anymore.

look bro, if you care that much about others think about you, why the hell are you even doing that for?

You gotta break that weak mentality, its hard but once you stop giving a fuck about what others think you will be stronger

Imagine all the people who is like you, they want to get better but they are afraid to be shamed or laughed at, all of them they wont make it because of stupid imaginary fears

Yeah, you lift less than others but is just how your body works , everyone has different genetics IS NOT YOUR FAULT, be proud that you want to change that, and be proud that you will accept that you are "weak" , you will get used to it and then you will start to make them gainz

"The first step to be good at something is to accept you will suck at first " ya ma english fucking sucks

Your roomate is a dick OP, lift small when you start, you don't want to injure yourself. Focus on good form and you'll build up pretty quickly.

Ita not where you start user, its where you finish.
6 months ago I decided to start SL the correct way, with jokingly light weights, I used to get DYELs look down at me for only doing 3 lifts and ending my session after 30 minutes.
Now I get mires and even compliments by merely doing 2.25 pl8 squats for reps

>one guy actually has a shirt on

didn't even need the shoop, that's embarrassing enough

DON'T LOSE HOPE FELLOW COMRADE.

Fuck this guy
My vegan friend gained 20 lbs and went from benching the bar to having a 175 bench and a 415 Deadlift.
Keep going op you'll make it.

Don't go with him next time. No one is looking at you, your roommate is just being a sperg and trying to up his ego by bringing you. Never give up