What's the deal with those fuckhueg bumper plates?

What's the deal with those fuckhueg bumper plates?

Are they for crossfitters and women?

they are made of osmium

They're cheaper than smaller bumper plates, so gyms get them to save money.

Best of both worlds, really. My gym is able to buy budget in bumper plates because of the economy line from Rogue, and I get to have bumper plates to do oly stuff with, without having to go to a crossfit gym or get coaching.

I always am puzzled on how gyms in "former Easter Bloc" countries can afford Eleiko stuff.

Does the USA just slap a monster 5000% tariff on the price of Eleiko things ? And then Ivanko USA just jacks up their prices for funsies.

>my gym has the York multi colored non-calibrated ones.

they're good for oly lifts and i like to use a bumper as my first pl8 when deadlifting

It's to make weaklings and women feel strong by having massive plates when they squat 30kg

But they aren't cheaper than iron.

Eleiko is located in Sweden which is closer to Eastern Europe

Cheaper and more durable. Lower density and larger surface area make them less likely to damage floors if dropped. Being wider makes them less likely to crack the same way thinner polymer weights will.

Also the greater size does give the illusion of lifting more, early progress will have a greater visual impact on the amount an individual is lifting. That will boost confidence and give a greater sense of progress, the greater appearance of progress will cause the person to like lifting more.

t. crossfag

They're to not make a lot of noise.

Eleiko is european. Eleiko shit is far cheaper in Europe.
Who would have thought?

Excuse me?
How does anything I wrote make me a crossfit goer?

People who defend giant rubber plates are inevitably crossfags

I note you havent denied that you are one

Nice autism

I don't think I've ever dropped a weight, I'm paranoid of crushing my toes so I actively try to avoid situations that would lead to weights falling in that direction.

Well you are inevitably wrong.

The reasons I had given you are nothing to do with crossfit. I have seen one a crossfit gym and a class attending it because my godfather owns one. It's not the worst thing for workouts by the looks of it, but not the best.
The jackass you typically see are even considered idiots by other crossfiters, atleast according to my godfather when I had asked him about the matter.

>cheaper
Wrong

>if dropped
Nobody should be coddled into dropping weights; rubber floormats alleviate any issues regardless

>illusion
Delusions of grandeur should not be encouraged

I hate when foreigners come on an American website and can't grammar for shit

>American
this is a Bulgarian sweat lodge discussion forum

t. has never performed a heavy olympic lift in his life.

so they can throw the weight down like retards once they get it up

>implying this american deep fried burger forum is anything less than perfection

>I hate when foreigners come on an American website and can't grammar for shit
I hate it when foreigners come on to an American website and can't utilize proper grammar.

End your life life, my friend.

Thats such a cute picture

>le throwing the weights around man

Nobody's impressed you little egolifting faggot.

Jeff Lewis is a fat, fat fuck.

I'm not you're friend, buddy

Can't stand this cunt