twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>we are all gona make it
>lifting will fix your autism
>muscles can compete with money
>you will get a gf once you get Veeky Forums

>Start lifting at 125lbs
>Get told to get to 1/2/3/4 and then I will look good
>Get to 165lbs and 1/2/3/4
>Post progress on Veeky Forums and get told I've gained only fat and look like shit

>just lift your kissless virgin status away brah!

>Cutting and bulking

This one, big time. What a mistake.

> cutting and bulking as a natty

to be more specific

> PPL
> Deadlifts build a good back
> weighted dips are bad

The only time people say going to the gym more than three times per week is overtraining are in these threads.

>being natty
what a waste of time. might aswell not lift at all

Why would cutting and bulking as natty be a meme?

why is that dude gonning to fuck a tranny?

>we're all going to make it
those of us who force themselves too will make it.

>lifting will fix your autism
no it will make you less of a fat sack of shit or less of a hungry skelly which will increase confidence a decent amount, you still need to make those "going out in public" gains

>muscles can compete with money
no, money is better because muscles are not how we survive in the current year.

>you will get a gf once you get Veeky Forums
women don't like fatties but
>lifting for women

ishyddt

what benefits do you get from cutting when you could just eat slightly less in the "bulk" phase and use the extra energy you would normally be putting on as fat as muscle energy during workout?

wuts wrong with PPL

Bulking while on roids is basically to ensure you build the maximum possible amount of muscle and don't have to care too much about excess fat because you can cut way harder on roids while retaining muscle mass.
As a natty you have a much lower limit as to how much muscle you can put on over time and have to cut more slowly to retain muscle.

Tl/dr natty bulk has no advantage to leanbulk but you have to diet a lot longer to be lean or lose too much muscle mass during cut

I'm still new to lifting (only 1 year) so I haven't done cut/bulk cycles yet, that's what I was asking. What do you recommend I should do as natty then? Just eat at maintenance when I have a good weight?

Goal depending obviously, also depends on where you are at, generally if you want to build muscle in the first 2 years of training increasing bodyweight by about 1kg/month works for a lot of people unless you are fat to begin with.
It cant be helped that you gain a bit of fat unless you nutrition is perfect or you gain muscle at a slower rate.
So what works well in general is to slowly increase bodyweight until you are either content with muscle mass or gained too much fat.

If content you can just eat at maintenance.

If too fat you eat below maintenance to lose about 2kg/month (500kcal deficit per day)

Makes sense, thanks for the reply user. Right now I'm cutting a bit because I'm skinnyfat, then I planned to bulk some half a year from now but we'll see.

>Every piece of advice ever given by Mark Rippetoe

SS strikes again

You were meant to reach 1/2/3/4 with a split brah, then you'd look decent.

I don't get guys who literally do no hypertrophy or isolations wondering why they look doughy as fuck.

Routines that are just the big four with basically no isolations

Yeah brah I'm sure a routine consisting of just the big 4 lifts is better than one with like 18, which also includes the big four.

He was most likely a SS+GOMAD memer. The more people start realizing PPL is better, the less effective the SS meme is.

You are ugly, dumb and Fat.

SAD!

i'm none of those and you are obviously new to this fitness thing

will you start with SS or SL as your first routine, buddy?

>Implying OHP isn't enough for shoulders

How much you weigh?

How much you the press?

Post your "delts" then if you disagree

Only a complete retard would fall for this

>Don't train abs compounds are enough
even more reason to do direct ab work since you're doing so many compound exercises and a strong core helps increase your lifts

>OHP is enough for shoulders
I remember the meme here. Some SS faggots were also screaming that deadlifts work your biceps.

>Going to the gym more than three times a week is over training
>Cutting and bulking
No one ever went against these two things here

how about if someone is at a good weight already but wanna lower bf while building muscle. eat at maintenance and keep proteins high?

cutting and bulking are not memes, but you have to bulk responsibly (3-500 calorie surplus) as a natty

all the other stuff is true though

big shoulders guide: OHP, bench, incline bench or really any pressing variation for front delts is adequate

then do a fucking ton of lateral raises and rear delt raises, do them all the time literally 3-4x a week

>brosplits build more muscles than total body routines
>overtraining is real
>eating fat is bad for your heart even though it boosts testosterone
>roids are bad meme
>depression can be fixed with lifting.

100% chance this guy has a bitch-ass ohp.

Nobody strict presses 175 for reps with girly shoulders. Lateral raises should be done as well doe.

>It's all about calories in and calories out bro

It is, fatty

>I remember the meme here. Some SS faggots were also screaming that deadlifts work your biceps.

If you ohp 100 pounds lol. Try getting strong at the ohp and press out 200 with bitch shoulders.

You know what's the biggest fucking meme for natties? That we don't have to get strong. This whole slow and controlled, lots of volume only with perfect form is gonna keep you dyel for the rest of your life.
Volume is required, but volume when you're benching 135 isn't gonna get you anywhere. You HAVE to get strong to get big.

> that guy whoOHP in the squat rack

not a fatty :(

It works much better to cut and leanbulk and add minicuts if you ever increase bf% too much. So if you're 18% or less you leanbulk, if you get to say 18% (which is of course up to your preference but I just consider Sth like 18% where I start to look bad and soft) then you cut until 10-12% and then the cycle repeats. Ideally you'd just stay around 12% and slowly gain muscle and no excess fat... but reality is that its hard to accomplish that.

Depends on age, testosterone levels, and intensity.

>depression can be fixed with lifting.
Lifting doesn't fix depression, but it sure as hell makes it a lot easier to get through. I nearly committed sudoku about 8 months ago, since then I've started lifting and it gives me something to look forward to when I wake up in the morning.

It's a good piece of foundation to build off of, but is not an outright cure in itself

From an intensity scale of 10-1, lifting on a consistent basis definitely keeps it under 5 for the most part. But it isn't a cure, that's true.

Exercise and sunlight are the only two things shown to have an absolutely positive effect on depression. Some cardio a few times wouldn't hurt.

skelly

>no, money is better because muscles are not how we survive in the current year.
kek

>kill richfag incel beta cuck
>fuck his wife
>other richfag incel betas are cucked by the government to pay for food and a place to live for me
Money is a meme

Is that actually true? I've never seen any scientific evidence but it sounds about right

Keep in mind 95% of all studies on depression are on mild to moderate.

Very few if any at all has been done on severely depressed people.

Idiot

Very large doses of fish oil have the same slight positive effect as fluoxetine. Check Examine if you don't believe me.

Drugs can help, therapy can help, exercise and sunlight will help. Gotta run, but ten minutes on google should convince you.

What the actual fuck

You would think the kind of depression that people can actually die from would be the one thats studied more heavily than the "a loved one died and i feel sad because of it" kind

exercise is like meditation. it helps you stop thinking. it helps depression.

sunlight also because of vitamins or something. and really, if you compare sunlight and darkness, I don't think it's possible to prefer darkness.

I think it's largely because people who are severely depressed is never gonna participate in a study where you're gonna walk 45 minutes in the park 5 days a week. How do you convince somebody that deep to do something so "pointless"?

Moderate research is still important though, as that's usually something one can reach after successful therapy, drugs or what have you. Once you're out of the slump it's time to try and take advantage and create a feedback loop. And if anything, exercise can keep you in mild to moderate and make sure you don't fall back to severe.

That's how it works for me. I call it active mediation.
You're forcing yourself into a situation where the past and the future doesn't exist, because right now you're doing something exhausting and it needs your immediate focus.

hmm. I don't like this idea of cutting and bulking. like honestly, are we supposed to follow this scientific formula of carefully yoyoing weight? How can eternal leanbulk or let's say maintenance protein bulk not be the end-all of diets? Isn't that what Athlean-X promotes? He says maintenance calories will burn fat while you build muscle. It has to work m8. If it works for generally fat guys to stay fat and build muscle (although we don't see the muscle) it should work for smaller guys exactly the same.

The argument against that is that results are much harder to gauge AND results are also slower.

A proper bulk and cut cycle over 6 months is gonna give better results than a maintenance of 6 months slowly losing fat and gaining a bit of muscle.

yup. anything can be meditation in that sense. and it is.

but actual meditation is more effective.

read this my strong strong friend
edition.cnn.com/2014/07/10/health/can-meditation-really-slow-aging/

THIS.

People use "bulk" as a way to eat whatever they want. Sure they get strength but they also get fat as shit. For me, bulking is adding another 250-500 calories a day. Get to stay lean year round and some think I'm on steroids, but the fact is that with a shitty diet, you will get shitty results.

This was at the max weight of my "bulk" never once lost abs lol.

what if you track strength gains :^)

literally not an argument, jobcel beta cuck

This.

here's some tips for your next tattoo

Thanks man haha funny I actually have a shoulder, back, half sleeve one in mind!

here's a good cover-up for those! I really like this one.

Nice but the question is does that guy even fucking lift

He has breast implants. You can see the scar on the side of his tit

Is that a woman trying to become a man

srs question

>protienho

they're being honest now.

minus the forearm

and here's celebrity Adam Levine. reminder, this is what girls want.

good thing I don't care about girls (even though I just mentioned them)

fuck you, I do this and if you got a problem come and tell me cuckboi (I might listen to you and concede that I can do OHP somewhere else if all the racks are taken).

>this is what girls want.
women dont know what they want.

>SS will give you aesthetics because of noob gains (ya noob gains in my legs u cunts)
>Squats are better than diddlys for aesthetics

>strict routine and doing the exact number of sets and reps that your routine states is crucial
almost as if there are no people who get big and strong from just going to the gym and lifting heavy weights with good form until they get tired

He's what women want because he's rich

all wrong

>A brief breakdown of each of the 5 Biotypes of Depression can be found below.

>BIOTYPE 1 – Undermethylators – 38% of depression population

>BIOTYPE 2 – Overmethylators – or “Low-Folate Depressives” – 20% of depression population

>BIOTYPE 3 – Pyrroluria or Pyrrole Depression – 15% of depression population

>BIOTYPE 4 – Copper Overload or “High-Copper Depression” – 17% of depression population

>BIOTYPE 5 – Toxic Metal Depression (5%)

secondopinionphysician.com/five-biotypes-of-depression/

I believed this for around 2 months or so.

Underrated post

Fucking GOMAD holy shit what a waste of time and milk. Now got Veeky Forums without that

PPL is fine, as long you do PPLxPPL and can are aware enough to moderate your own intensity and volume.

Deadlifts alone don't build a good back, but they do give you juicy erectors.

Nobody actually thought weighted dips were bad.

This

If you are fat. Get not fat.

Then slowly build up, doin little cuts will necessary.

Huge bulks/cuts little really come from juiced out of their heads bodybuilding

>you don't need to train abs they get trained if you do geavy compound lifts
>you don't need to train forarms they get trained if youdo heavy compound lifts
>you don't need to train calves they get trained if you do heavy compound lifts
>having huge legs, glutes, big arms, etc. is more attractive than just being a lower bf% and having a visible six pack

I would love to compare pictures of public beaches from ten years ago to today. Despite all the fitness knowledge spreading I would guess there aren't that many more dudes with abs walking around, dudes who want to get fit EAT BIG GET BIG

>you don't need to train forarms they get trained if youdo heavy compound lifts

I fell for this one, a couple months in I couldn't even use dumbbells anymore because my forearms hurt so bad

>Compounds are a meme
But they're really not.
reasonable diet + 2/3/4/5 = shredded.
The thing is, it takes years to achieve this. Also, some assistance exercises will be needed to get a 2pl8 ohp, for example

The real MEME is the idea that SS+GOMAD => 1/2/3/4 will make you look like a shredded beast in 1 year or your money back.

You really wanted to believe it and some other DYELs told you it worked so you ran with it. But it's a fucking beginner program. No one ever said it was anything more.

When you look at intermediate strength programs notice they all have isolations/assistances added. If you think SS is a meme you pretty much just memed yourself imo

How do I minimize love handles? So far I have fell for the 'muh genetics' meme

That chick has a bad hairline.

lose weight

>lifting will fox your autism

I can't think of a single thread where I've seen anyone say that.

"Lifting doesn't fix autism" is practically Veeky Forums's unofficial slogan

yup bulking and cutting is also bad for you hormonally, you can gain muscle by achieving positive nitrogen balance (consuming more protein than you are losing or something along those lines), hop is good but not enough (don't forget those lateral raises and rear delts), Five times per week is good for me depending on my phase, i sometimes have phases where I go four times a week. And compounds are not enough for your abs, people ignore the fact that the abs have so many functions (rotation, anti rotation, flexion of the spine, etc.) OP you have the right idea

lol fucking clueless

I have powerlifting friend who are strong but look utter shit by Veeky Forums standards

the 1/2/3/4 are for 5RM tho, not 1Rm. no way you reached those numbers@ ur bodyweight

HOly shit his knees ARE GEEKING ME OUT MAN

>For me, bulking is adding another 250-500 calories a day.
So bulking is bulking, good to know

I've done

60kg ohp 1
100kg bench 2
150kg squat 1
180kg deadlift 5

I don't think adding a couple of extra reps will transform me

You would be surprised. Lots of funny things happen for only 1 rep. Huge difference between 1 and 5reps, but u be the judge

(Not) a meme=(don't) stop doing that
Nobody says that= stop fighting imaginary enemies
>>Don't train abs compounds are enough
Not a meme
>>OHP is enough for shoulders
Not a meme
>>Going to the gym more than three times a week is over training
Meme, but nobody said that. Most guys here go 4
>>Cutting and bulking
Borderline meme territory
>>we are all gona make it
Meme
>>lifting will fix your autism
Nobody said that
>>muscles can compete with money
Neither can compete with game
>>you will get a gf once you get Veeky Forums
Nobody said that
>> PPL
Not a meme if you can spare the time
>> Deadlifts build a good back
Not a meme
>> weighted dips are bad
Nobody said that, all people say is "my shoulder hurts, I can't do them"
>>brosplits build more muscles than total body routines
Nobody says that
>>overtraining is real
Not a meme. Try running until you collapse, and then run for everything you do in a day (groceries, work, between classes, to the bathroom)
I give you a week max
>>eating fat is bad for your heart
Not a meme for some fats
No doctor ever said you should increase your gyro and mcTriple intake
>eating fat boosts testosterone
Meme, unless you ate zero fat to begin with
>>roids are bad meme
Nobody says that except for orals
>>depression can be fixed with lifting.
Nobody says that, only some people say it makes them feel better
>>It's all about calories in and calories out bro
>it
If it == weight management then not a meme
else, meme

christ that looks bad

> t. autismo supreme

Awful

>Deadlifts will give you a good back

couldn't agree more as a natty, Strong = success, just don't fall for Veeky Forums's plg fat boys lying telling you to bulk to the extreme or use being lazy and a 'strongman' as an excuse to be overweight

i do this too faggot, i bet i could ohp your max squat