How do you cure a hangover Veeky Forums?

how do you cure a hangover Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa72/aa72.htm
getdrunknotfat.com/hangover-cures/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dont drink in the first place

The best cure is prevention

gatorade, black coffee, fap all day, eat junk food, keep drinking. 2bh the physical aftermath aint as bad for me as the emotional. just thinking about what shameful shit i could've said/done while drunk is what makes hangovers bad for me

you're 36 hours early OP

But here's what you do, before you go to sleep (if you're not in coma) try to drink as much water as you can (1L is fine), this will ensure you wake up two hours later to pee. Repeat the water drinking every two hours and you'll hopefully not be a total waste of human being when you finally wake up.
Other thing, try not to go down and the alcohol ladder, don't start by beer then vodka then go back to beer. Try to only drink an alcohol stronger than the previous one.
It's even better if you only drink the same booze for the whole night.
I don't know where you're from but in France I like to drink pastis, which you cut with water 50/50, and I never have a hangover with that shit
>pic related

Gatorade and a banana or two.

Don't get one to begin with

Every 2- 3 drinks have a large tonic water over ice

Pedialyte. Similar to Gatorade, but much lower in sugar and better electrolyte (not memeing, I mean potassium and sodium) balance. You can find it at most drug stores in the same aisle where you would find liquid breakfasts.

These are both right. Prevention is your best bet. Alternate drinks of alcohol and water throughout the night, and chug water before going to bed, as much as you can. Eat a banana as well for potassium.

Not be a degenerate

Drink your dads cum faggot OP.

thanks faggots

this is the reason i stopped drinking or dont drink to get fucked up. the physical feeling is extreme shit yes, but that feeling where you don't know what the fuck you did the whole night and whether or not you made an ass of yourself scares the shit out me

when you come home drink lots of water, make some toast and maybe eat a banana or two. works for me every time.

Oh yeah sure, help I'm insecure the next day about already drinking a substance that's job is to inhibit my senses. Wow what a fucking retard.

dont drink sugary fairy drinks
when you wake up the next morning get a drink (preferably a bloody mary)
get some salty food in your body
listen to agressive music (metal)
have wild sweaty sex with a woman
drink lots of cold brew coffee

those are some of my hacks

WELCOME TO DRINK ZONE
WHERE OP DRESSES CHOLO, TAKES A MULTIVITAMIN THEN SLAMS HIS FAVORITE GREEN APPLE SMIRNOFF ICE

2 cold buds and a handmade coconut

It steals the image again and it gets the cringe again.

>benposting
>2016

If you're just getting drunk of hard liquor/mixed drinks and highballs it's usually easy enough I find to just drink a shit ton of water before you sleep with some aspirin. Morning comes, gatorade, some sugars, whatever food you can get in your body without feeling sick.

Beer I dunno, I try not to drink beer to get drunk cause it's harder to sober up via water and just has worse hangovers.

I usually have a fried breakfast and maybe some hair of the dog, or if you're up for a challenge, have a fap.

How can I prepare for the hangover I'll have on January 1st?

Me and my friend are gonna have 2.5l of vodka each before going clubbing around midnight tomorrow

I'm pretty sure hangovers get worse as you get older

like I'm 22 and I'm still not completely over last night but in highschool I would puke one night and be out the next

the cure to a hangover is waking up drinking a pint of water then going for a massive shit then smelling it then throwing up then having some greasy food

>Me and my friend are gonna have 2.5l of vodka each
wow a lie on the internet

I used to have the worst hangovers. Then they stopped. My secret? I don't need chaser. Ever.

Straight no chaser has saved me from countless hangovers. Also Vitamin B12 before drinking helps some people.

just carry on drinking till your drunk again then just forget you had a hangover

They get worse as you keep drinking.

If you avoid getting drunk entirely and only drink alcohol sparingly for at least a few months or so that shit resets. It's magical.

u sound like a fag

You can't

Alcohol dehydrates your brain, that's why you get a headache.

The cure is to drink a lot of water before you go to sleep. Or alternatively after you wake up to help your hangover go away quickly.

That's just one of those super simply things in life that the majority of morons out there can't grasp and go for some fancy miracle solutions.

Fucking this

Drink a liter of water, eat a multivitamin and take 600mg of ibuprofein. Haven't had a hangover in years.

600mg of ibuprofen? Were you in the military by chance?

Drink a glass of water after each alcoholic drink you have. You stay in a nice buzz and don't have a hangover the next day.

you stop being a little bitch

THIS
I drank like 18 shots of braziliand pinga (that shit is basically pure ethanol) in the xmas, but I drank like 2 L of water after. In the next day I was 10/10, just vomited one time.

everyone has already said it
>chug water before bed A LOT
>when you inevitably wake up to piss, you'll probably have to puke... do it
>swig a little more water, go back to sleep
>wake up drink some gatorade or put some salt into water and eat a good high fat breakfast

Take NAC, Vitamin D and Omega 3 in the morning. No hangover whatsoever.
Not kidding, I didn't even have a headache, and felt more energy the next morning than I do on most days.

And obviously I mean the previous morning.

fpbp

FPBP

>dehydrates your brain
No it doesn't. The problem with alcohol is that it gets metabolized by your liver and a toxic byproduct is produced during this process which then gives you a hangover.

You wind up dehydrated from just not drinking water. Nothing to do with alcohol. Think about how long you go without drinking water on a night you really go ham versus how often you normally drink water.

The only way to not get a hangover is to drink less to the point that your liver does not metabolize enough alcohol to produce enough toxins to give you a hangover. That's it. Coincidentally, drinking water and eating occupy your time, mouth, and stomach to slow your drinking, thus helping to limit your drinking and thus your hangover.

Fucking broscience shit.

>a toxic byproduct is produced during this process which then gives you a hangover
called?

Acetaldehyde. See:
pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa72/aa72.htm

Don't let Google be a mystery to you, user.

>how do you cure a hangover Veeky Forums?
By not getting one in the first place.
Don't drink to excess.
Don't go to sleep while you're still drunk.
Stop drinking at some point and start drinking water.
Take a multivitamin with minerals before you go to bed.

*PRAAAAAPFFFFTHHHH*

Get out you normie child, this is a thread for truly pathetic alcys.

I'm a paramedic.

Everytime me and the lads go and get ripped, we hook ourselves up with some IV's and that way we're hydrated with no hangover the next day

>You wind up dehydrated from just not drinking water. Nothing to do with alcohol
I like everything other than this part of your post. Alcohol is a potent diuretic and does in fact contribute to dehydration more so than just not drinking water for that period of time.

This

Alcohol inhibits ADH (anti diuretic hormone) which is secreted by the hypothalmus/pituitary gland iirc

This controls the collecting ducts of the kidneys preventing dehydration (normally)

However when the ADH is being inhibited urine output goes up ---> resulting in dehydration ---> headaches

So drink water or tonic water (for quinine gainz) during your binge & b4 going to sleep

Water

What do you do when you drink? You piss a lot.

see I like that shit

can I just buy a banana bag somewhere?

OP here

I usually black out by the end of the night and I forget to drink water I'm fucked tomorrow night

nah, that guy is right, I used to get blackout drunk and tommorow I'd be ok by lunch. Now I feel like total fucking shit right up to dinner, and I drink like 8-10 beers

This guy is right. Acetaldehyde is way more toxic than ethanol and is what gives you hangovers. You do get a bit dehydrated and alcohol does strip a lot of minerals, but pacing yourself will give you a more mild hangover. Your liver runs out of glutathione after trying to process things in your liver and starts to over produce it which makes you on edge the next day. The whole process is really interesting to research.

Also, alcohol abuse has been shown to lead to dementia in later life by way of acetaldehyde toxicity and mineral depletion and the effect these things have on the brain. That made me slow down my drinking a lot because that's the most terrifying way to end up.

tfw u posted sober in this thread when it started and now u'r drunk

FPBP

Water, another shot, greasy foods.

>he thinks chugging water before bed is going to help

Fun fact: Drinking in the first place saps you of nutrients. Over drinking water does the same equally. The headache produced is lack of salts and minerals. Try getting some sodium in your body as soon as you wake up or before you go to sleep.

Meat in a ramen soup with some chacheres added.

Can't say for sure it helps, but I try to drink a lot of water throughout the evening and eat something salty before I pass out.

>in France I like to drink pastis

>tfw your grampapa used to sneak you a sip of pastis at family gattering
>tfw you used to drink a lot of it with the cousin when you were older at those family gatering
>tfw now you drink it to take the pain away

holy bait

super greasy bacon

Once a hangover hits, you're pretty much in for the ride. If you can keep food down, eat a small potassium and sodium rich meal (alcohol dehydrates the fuck out of you and depletes elctrolytes) with some fats, drink something caffeinated, and pop some ibuprofen. DO NOT TAKE ACETAMINOPHEN! Acetaminophen after alcohol WILL fuck up your liver very very quickly.

The best hangover cure is prevention. Here's my method:

>small meal before drinking
>12 ounces of water per drink
>400 mg ibuprofen before bed
>only sleep 8 hours. If you sleep too long you run the risk of being nauseous when you awake and unable to do the next step
>after waking up, have a potassium and sodium rich breakfast with caffeinated beverage or caffeine pill
>another 400 mg ibuprofen

You'll feel golden short of you getting absolutely blacked out annihilated the night before.

this works better than any of the bullshit mentioned in this thread

getdrunknotfat.com/hangover-cures/

fpbp

>tfw dont get hangovers

>he gets hangovers

>mfw I'm not a complete mongoloid so I know what my personal limit is and can stop before I make myself sick like a retard.

Lots of water and some electrolytes before bed. I'll drink a couple glasses of water and one swig of Gatorade. Weed and a good breakfast and maybe some shots in the morning

Smoke weed instead

fpbp

notsoinsanetrolllogic.jpg

Lemmy was a machine, he drank a bottle of jack every single day up to the day he died, not to mention all the shit he took back in the day and still managed to hit 70
Damn I miss him

Here is what helps me. I developed the method during a long summer, where I basically get drunk at least twice a week (damn, I miss college).

1. Go for a run. Not long, just 2 or 3 km
2. When you get home, take a shower on the coldest level
3. Try to eat something greasy in the next 20-30 minutes.

Baam, The hangover is gone

I love this feel

literally just drink water

lemon and mineral water

>handmade coconut