Dumbell Curls 3x6-10
DB Shrugs 3x6-10

Legs:
DB Squats 3x6-12
DB Stiff Legged Deadlifts 3x6-12
DB Lunges 3x6-12
Calf Raises 3x20-30

PPLPPLx

Just working with heavy ass adjustable dumbbells obviously. Pull ups and dips are weighted, the ab wheel is my mistress on the side.

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/madcow/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looking at it now I was considering adding the following exercises:

Push day: Side lateral raises 3x10-12

Pull day: Reverse Flies

My progression I forgot to mention:

Upper body: Increase lifts by 5 pounds every other week

Lower body: 5 pounds every week

Smaller accessories like reverse flies: increase weight monthly by 5 pounds

Is this an alright progression plan?

Bump

If I were you I would do dips first, then a handstand pushup progression, then either db incline press or db shoulder press not both. Would definitely add in lateral raises.

Hope you are doing your shrugs with a pause at the top. Alternatively/added on you could do farmer's walks. Would definitely add in reverse flies.

Rear foot elevated bulgarian split squats will help increase your mobility. I would combine db squats/lunges into bulgarians for sure.

Consider 5 sets instead of 3. Just try to do more every workout. Be that # of reps, # of sets, weight used, better form, etc. Don't hold back in the tank on your first exercises because you know you have more work to do later.

Nice thanks for the suggestions, few comments:

So I can pretty much just take out DB squats and lunges and just do Bulgarian split squats with one foot on a bench? Sounds good.

I'll definitely use your version of progression and adopt 5 sets. Since I am just using dumbbells after all. I'll do my shrugs with pause.

For dips can I do chest dips instead and also add overhead tricep extensions to push day?

The only thing I'm not sure on is handstand push-ups. I imagine I'd hit a wall fast in terms of progression... Compared to incline DB press. Also why don't you recommend OHP and incline DB bench press being done together? Too much shoulder work?

Is my push day still viable if I choose to leave out the handstand push-ups ups a d keep both presses?

Improved routine:

Push:
DB Incline Press 5x6-12
DB Shoulder Press 5x6-12
Chest Dips 5x6-12
Overhead tricep extension 5x8-12
DB side lateral raises 5x8-12

Pull:
Pull-ups 5x6-10
DB One Arm Rows 5x6-10
Dumbell Curls 5x6-10
DB Shrugs 5x6-10
DB Reverse Flies 5x10-12

Legs:
Bulgarian split squats 5x6-12
DB Stiff Legged Deadlifts 3x6-12
Calf Raises 5x20-30

Bump

I wouldn't focus too much about what "variation" of dip you do, and just focus on getting good range of motion in your strongest position.

Yeah overhead tri extensions are a good call.

You have to keep in mind for such a skill related movement that the handstand will not follow progression in a similar manner and will be more subjective. However it's a closed chain movement and will improve your posture and upper back so that's why I recommend it.

I think overhead and incline have too much crossover. I'm a fan of picking one movement in a given training block and training it more frequently to establish a stronger neuromotor pattern.

With the tri extensions, lateral raises, curls, reverse flies, it's perfectly fine to venture into higher rep ranges like the calf raises.

Thanks dude.
Perhaps one day you'll get to see the body you helped forge in a future CBT.

How is this for a full body routine?

if not bait, what are you trying to achieve?

Getting big

how often are you doing all this? 3x a week?
The usual rep range for gaining size is 8-12 reps per set, as far as I've read. Your rep ranges look more along the lines of endurance style training

how do you go heavy enough on dumbbells for squats?

Hows this for a beginner-ish routine?

Monday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
1x5 Deadlift
5x5 non weighted pull-ups
2x8 Bicep curls
2x8 reverse curls

Wend
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
2x8 non weighted Dips
2x8 Skull crushers
5x3 Bent over rows
3x5 Weighted Chin-up

Fri
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
1x5 Deadlift
3x5 non weighted pull-ups
2x8 Bicep curls
2x8 reverse curls

Yes, 3 times a week.
The reason for the high rep. rangers would be to compensate for not having a large variation of exercises, at least that's what i think, because i just copied it from a site and switched the machines for compound exercises.
I'm used to endurance training, because i have a history of martial arts so that's not a problem as long as i get more gains than with SS or a 3 day split.

double the amount of sets for deads and squat 2x a week

Madcow without any accessories- what do I end up neglecting? What should I mix in? I'm using this page's definition: stronglifts.com/madcow/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

Will do, cheers

Well, you do hit a wall sooner to be honest. But all I'm looking to achieve is a swimmers type body and to generally look good naked. Such as pic related. So for my goals dumbbells are enough. Plus I can use weighted lunges in addition to squats

That would be lovely.

Agree with squatting and deading 2x/week each

Feel as though you should drop bent over rows if you're only gonna bother with them once a week. Also feel that you should pick either the pullup or the chinup and only train it. You can warm up with a submaximal unweighted set, do a few weighted sets, then do a burnout set unweighted.

Also do skullcrushers twice a week, and drop bench and press 3x/week instead

IMO it neglects lats, lateral delts, hamstrings, calves

only lats and hams are important if you powerlift though

>That would be lovely.
Are you a grill? I'm already hot btw. Been lifting a few years already. I just make these threads for the giggles ya know?

Not grill but I'll be the judge of your hotness

I'm down like a clown Charlie brown.
Next year I'll post my glorious bod in a CBT. My trip will be 'Kyle'. On that day you will smile. Just you wait.

N-no homo

Set a reminder on my phone for december 31 2017. Better follow through

It's a date. Be sure to let me know it's you.
"See you" next year

Go back to the drawing board, m8. You're not really going to get good gains with endurance training, and you're going to very slowly progress your strength at a certain point.