Are chucks actually good for lifting?

Are chucks actually good for lifting?

I've been using running shoes while lifting all this time.

Also which looks better Black Monochrome vs standard black.

Only problem I see is that they might look like shit with normal athletic shorts but would definitely look like shit with compression shorts

Just socks is better than running shoes.
I squat, bench, OHP and conventional dead in my Power Perfect 2s. Pull sumo in socks.

Yea sure Chucks are good. I think some people like wrestling shoes too.

Bump for interest

Chucks look gay

So long as they're the flat footed kind and don't have any kind of curvature to the sole, Chucks are good to go.

Stop lifting in running shoes.

good for deadlifts and general lifting
bad for squats if you like to squat with forward knee travel
shit for weightlifting and front squats, but that's probably not a priority for you

still better than running shoes

People at my gym say chucks are good for squats

I use chucks for diddly and squid for better grip with the platform. Colour, model, etc are irrelevant because it's a gym not a fashion show.

Only imbeciles run in chucks, I don't even know where to begin.

I like chucks for my deads and squats. They help me get the weight distribution in my feet right. If you do high bar or front squats I'd get decent lifting shoes. I got the adidas powerlift 2.0. Pretty good.

It looks stupid as fuck to do it, but it's better than getting the stink eye from other people for squatting and deadlifting in socks. High bar squating w/ chucks is something I wouldn't recommend; invest in some oly shoes for that.

depends what kind of squat you like to do
powerlifting style low bar where you load the posterior chain and basically turn it into a hip hinge, then go for it

if you prefer to squat high bar I'd suggest lifting shoes though

Chucks are for white dorky looking guys. Get some lowtop vans for the same price

Why do you care what they look like?
Its the gym, not the club.
Get over yourself and lift,

What are the differences between the low and high bar squat besides the position?

Why would chucks be bad for high bar but not low bar?

it's all about torso angle
when you squat high bar, you want an upright torso. When you squat low bar, this matters less. The .75'' heel on most lifting shoes allows your knees to go further forward, giving you a more upright torso and better force transfer rather than making your body staple over forwards

Only for deadlifting, for squats I rather have shoes with raised heels.

although chucks arent as stylish as they were in the past the flat sole and cheap cost make it a good purchase for a the homocurious body sculpting hobbyist

and this is the dorky white guy I was talking about

I wear these

Wut about those Chuck's 2.0? I regular Chuck's r very uncomfortable

have used both the regular Chucks and Chucks 2.0. I find the 2.0 better, but I only wear them in the gym.

Stop lifting in running shoes.

Get a pair of flat bottom shoes. Chucks are but one option.

One of my good friends in a monster in the gym and wears chucks. I see a lot of other huge doodz who also wear them. I guessing it's more than a meme at this point. I've never seen someone who squats less than 3 pl8 wear them.

So although it isnt ideal is it still fine to high bar squat in chucks

I lift in the low top converse and onitsuka tigers, depends on what I grab that day