GET READY Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9wihLl1i5lA
youtube.com/watch?v=VnV7vEi7Sz8
youtube.com/watch?v=uwygcGdazeM
youtube.com/watch?v=WP8lEbeY4LM
youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm going to be one of the newfags this year, Veeky Forums. I haven't been to the gym in like 6 weeks and plan to restart tomorrow. Maybe even tonight if I get depressed enough.

>tfw homegym masterrace since my first day of lifting
>tfw you will never experience resolutioner fags

We should be grateful to those people who finance our gyms. They'll pay upfront, fool around for a few weeks and disappear.

Home gym masterrace

It cannot be worse then the amont of fuckbois that joined after the summer.

I'll never regret buying a home gym

>New year day 2001.
>Go to gym.
>Everyone uses yoga mats to do ab crunches on to lose weight from the holidays.
>Can't even walk to the machines to do my workout because the amount of people block my path.
Home gym masterrace for sure.

>2017
>can't afford home gym
Are you guys niggers or something?

my gym isn't allowing anyone new to join, so thankfully i'm good.

That sounds like bullshit

>A new guy walks in

>"Hey I'm here for a new me...."
>GET THE FUCK OUT NORMIE

Fuck, the first 2-3 weeks of Jan is going to suck. I don't want to have to battle fatso noobies just to get a solid work out in under reasonable time. Like fuck, they're there because it's a new year meme, I' m there all year round and making gains, fuk off eh.

Some gyms, particularly smaller ones, do enforce a maximum number of active memberships to keep the place actually usable.

New years is still usually busier because every paying member suddenly gets their motivation back for three weeks or so but it isn't as ridiculous as January can get in big chain gyms.

Normie new year's fags don't go near the oly platform where I do most of my shit.

Let the fat fucks come

the best are the nubs who use up the squat racks for bicep curling or sit ups

Thank god the fatties don't clog up the swim lanes.

DON'T REMIND ME.

or doing dumb shit on the bench press benches, as in not even doing anything remotely related to bench press, that triggers me more than anything

>2017
>not going to the gym at 3am in the morning
>being in the presence of other gym-goers

I shiggy

my gym isn't 24/7 user :(

My nigger. It's so damn comfy late at night. Driving on the deserted highway on the way there is god tier.

This.
The best feel

>poor nigger
>do body weight exercises and run outside

I haven't worked out in a while so last week I got a week long trial to a local gym and plan to buy a membership once the trial runs out. Problem is my trial ends tomorrow so in the eyes of everyone there tomorrow I'm going to be grouped with all the nyrs. Hold me Veeky Forums, this is shameful.

It's the 21st century, how do you not have your own equipment?

Have had a bench outside for four or five years.

I am on my second week of holidays at the moment so when I get back half of them will be gone

I work the night shift at a fucking Planet Fitness guys.
How fucked am I this month? Will it be hell?

How can I join a gym and not be a shitty resolutionfag? I have no resolution but some gym rat friends of mine convinced me to join

Do it, best of luck to you man, and don't stop for any reason, don't give yourself shitty excuses. Get back into the fit life, you'll thank yourself for it soon, trust me

Just curious how much it costed you? Ceuse honestly, I really want to get one when I move out in a couple years after uni, I want to not have to ever go to a gym again, not that I dislike it, just because it would be very convenient and I feel like over a couple years I'd end up saving money

Home gym master race reporting

I go at 6 am and it's still dead

>tfw you will never experience the lulz they bring

Do you have any funny Planet Fatness stories to tell?

>Last NYE
>go to gym
>see DYEL trying to work out
>can't bench for shit, does meme workouts
>it's actually a mirror

H-home gym masterrace

actually keep going there

Sure thing

>Working at like 4am
>We have a circuit training area where you spend like 45 seconds per machine
> gross leather skinned lady with Dr. Robotnik body complains that a man is misuding the circuit area
>I go over there to see what the hu bub is about.
> It's this sweet 88 year old man who always wears matching workout outfits with his wife.
>He's taking a little more than 45 seconds per machine, because he's like fucking 90. Doesn't use the regular workout stuff becaise he doesn't want to get in people's way.
>Eggman bitch wants me to write this dude up and is now loudly arguing with mr in front of the whole gym about how I shouldn't allow this type of behavior
>Share curt nod of understanding and sympathy smilr with old man and let him know nobody is going to mind him wlrking out at his own pace in the regular area, and I'll see to it
>Eggman lady still pissed amd won't say good morning anymore when she comes to tan

Fucking fat middle aged women are thr cancer of gyms

>tfw started back in Sep and now have a leg up on the new years fags

Mirin' cat

Hella nice cat.

Major mires for that puss puss, sweet cat dude.

This is now a cat mires thread

(me)

In that case have my cat

and the new little pupper

>tfw my catbro has been away for 3 days now and she isnt answering when i call for her
i miss her bros she is my only friend

Something's wrong with my autistic cat

i am going to say this olny one time I AM THE FUCKING GOTH KING and me and my boys are going to show this little redneck town what metal is you think u know eivl and we are eivl bc we are goths but were not eivl we dont 666 tattoo but we will make and do make music that will make u think are mines come from hell but just keep in mine we are just a death metal band that all

>tfw Japan
>tfw new years means gyms are closed for a week instead
>tfw more time to spend with my waifu though

I'm conflicted brahs.

Kek

You should make a thread

I feel like a jackass, because I'm going to look like one of those. I'd been doing yoga and shit at home, but decided it might be worth dropping the dosh on a gym membership to add more and build further muscle. It just so happens that my decision (brought on by coming back from an international trip and having a "OH FUCK WE REALLY ARE FAT!" revelation, although the trip being to skinny-as-fuck Japan didn't help that) coincides with the wave of resolutioners.

I'd go home gym masterrace, but I don't have nearly enough room in my apartment for anything other than some dumbbells. I'm probably going to end up getting ripped off in terms of cost at whatever gym I decide, too, since I'm in a location with a ton of college students.

has sir done another new year gym drawing?

I live in Japan and it's the weirdest shit coming back home for the holidays. You get used to being around skinny people most Japanese dudes are skeletons. Just walking around a Kroger and seeing how fat literally 80% of people are is a weird experience. They look almost comically round.

Not trying to shit on you though, I had the same sort of revelation when I first moved here and started lifting. You can make it man.

Appreciate it. I'm not too worried about my ability to motivate myself, as I was able to consistently stick with my home yoga schedule to the letter for a year and a half, until I had surgery. It fucked my schedule up, and now I have to rededicate. But I dropped like 75 pounds doing that, so I think I can stick with a gym just down the street from me. Problem is, I'm worried about looking like OP's picture.

But yeah, the moment that it hit me when I got back from Japan was when I was at the JFK airport on a connecting flight back to my city (Boston). My friend who I was traveling with got some food from the Wendy's there because there were no other options and we were both hungry as fuck. When he ordered a large soda and we saw that god-damn bucket that shit came in, I immediately went "Oh fuck, that's right. We're back in the States." and knew I had to do something.

But yeah, Japanese dudes are skinny as FUCK. I could probably snap them in half. It's crazy. The girls all wear skirts and high heels, though. So that was cool. Legs everywhere, especially in Ginza and Shibuya.

Being a NYEfag is not dependant on when you start but on how long you stay there

I'm not into 3D but yeah it's crazy out here. Bulking is a BITCH. People look at your like you're a psychopath ordering as much food as I order. Sometimes me and my lifting bros go to all you can eat yakiniku and tell them to just keep bringing meat. They have not once managed to keep up with us.

I can't even imagine what it must be like trying to stay bulked up in Japan. I really liked the food when I went over there, especially the katsu. But that shit's not exactly going to keep you huge without making massive orders. At least fish being everywhere must be beneficial, right?

Too true. I'm just more worried that, being someone who shows up at this time, the staff are going to be looking at me like a free bag of cash. Especially since I'm going to need a few trainer sessions and attend classes to re-learn all my form, since I haven't lifted in years.

Yeah, I buy a lot of bulk chicken and make a lot of curry. Once I get a better Job thought cooking at home becomes a lot better. I'm luck enough to have parents who will send me protein bars every couple of months too.

>tfw you don't have a gym buddy that motivates you
>tfw you don't have a gym nemesis that motivates you to become stronger than him
>tfw you don't push yourself extra hard when people stop and watch your set

This is why i never sign up for a gym. My hambeast ass bought a bar, a bench and some dumbbells and have been doing shit at home because im afraid that im going to wind up on a mockery thread on fit.

Sounds like you need a waifu.

>tfw you imagine her cheering you on for every set
>tfw you try even harder to look good for her
>tfw you imagine working out together

I do it for her.

Real talk, cooking will probably be harder for me than the workouts. Not because I can't do it, but because I'm a lot less motivated to cook when it's just me that I'm cooking for. If there are other people, then no problem. But cooking for myself and only myself is just a weird mentality thing for me. I know that's a retarded way to think, so I have to just get over it. Fortunately I'm pretty sure one of my delayed Christmas gifts is a copy of the Good Housekeeping Cookbook, which is a pretty fucking great book. Shows proper cuts of meat and everything.

That is nice of your parents to send those proteins bars over for you. The shipping must add a pretty penny to the cost. I didn't see a ton of protein bars in stores over there during my vacation the way you see here, so it must be hard to find much on your own, eh? Although the 7-11's over there are fucking godlike compared to ours in every other way.

Two words.
Crock. Pot.

There are tons of things you can make on sunday and portion out for the week. Yeah 7/11 is gdlyk here for sure. Basically there's no real "lifting/fitness" culture here in Japan for men. Protein bars are crazy overpriced so even with shipping from America it's cheaper to send them over.

jesus christ kys

My gym was empty today I'm already disappointed in these resolutioners 2bh

Working on it one day at a time my man.

But I want to use cables, leg press and all those other machines.

I do, in fact, already have a crock pot. So that'll be a good excuse to actually use the damn thing. It's sitting right next to my bamboo steamer begging for use since my last roommate (a decently fit black grill) moved out. I can probably even just use that food made there for dinner, since there's a place near my work where I can get a pretty healthy lunch (rice, carrots, daikon, mesclun, and chicken or pork).

Now that I think about it, I don't recall even seeing a single gym in either Tokyo or Kyoto. And I bet those that are around focus more on cardio, huh?

Doing barbell curls on your own squat rack is cathartic.

Yeah they're more hole in the wall places. There's Gold's Gym and 24/7 Fitness but they're crazy expensive and sometimes day restricted where you can only go like mondays and wednesdays at 3-5pm or you have to pay more. Luckily I have a university gym to go to. Seriously though, get that crock pot going and get a decent rice cooker and you're SET man.

>squat rack for sit ups

I have never seen this.

your post made me remember this video youtube.com/watch?v=9wihLl1i5lA

i don't know if i find this funny or sad

That's the future man. A cute virtual waifu to greet you every day. I'm looking forward to the singularity. That's really why I lift, so I can live long enough to be with my waifu in VR.

I will, for sure.

God, I can only imagine how much gyms in Tokyo charge. I know it's a thing in Japan where necessities are reasonably priced, but anything else can be pretty fucking expensive. Like DVD's are way jacked up in price. Gyms must be the same.

My problem is that every gym around here is charging at least $65/month, with sign-up fees. I think the one nearest me is doing one where if I sign up this month I get a cheaper sign-up fee if I take the version that comes with 4 trainer sessions (which I need, if just to relearn form and sort out my personal schedule), but that place is kinda small, and most of the classes that are going when I get home from work are shit like spinning and zumba. There's another place near me that has a lot more stuff, but they charge 90 fucking dollars a month. I'm going to take a tour of it today to see if it's worth it, but FUCK that's a lot of money.

i really hope singularity happens in my life time

My gym is shut today.

If they fucking stay in the cardio machines where they belong and never in the weights section, then they're alright.

You don't need a trainer to learn form homie, Just record yourself and ask for tips and shit online on here, Or ask people around your gym. A lot of people who lift big are probably the first person to help you on form cause they wanna see potential in you as well.

>imagine something that cannot possibly ever be real

Ignorance is bliss

Yet.
Not real, yet. Technology is progressing at a rapid pace. VR is coming.

>a bench outside

I don't live in a tropical climate, user. How am I supposed to bench outside when it's -5 Celsius ?

True, true. But if I can get those 4 sessions at a much more reasonable price, I might as well take advantage of it. I don't want to bother other people there on my first week or two, ya know? I think that makes a bad impression. Especially since the resolutioners will be around. So I'm already going to have people clumping me in with them mentally, particularly because I've got a gut and love handles I'm trying to get rid of. Weight loss isn't the primary goal for me, as I've already been doing that (used to be 290, down to 215 from diet and yoga), unlike a lot of the people who will be kicking up new memberships. But it isn't something I'm trying to avoid, either.

I saw someone doing sit ups in the (only) squat rack on a box last year. Really made my neurons fire.

You can't spot train my dude. If you have a gut and love handles that just means you're still overweight. Building muscle will help but don't expect to blast your core and just lose the muffin top. Check out Strong Lifts 5x5 and Rippatoe's youtube videos for form on the big 3 too.

This is why you never let your cats outside. Hope she returns safe.

same here. Day I quit drinking I went out and bought a barbell, plates, bench and rack. Will never meet any qts at they "gym" unless my mom stops by though.

check the trees. When my hunter-killer class cat was gone for three weeks I thinks he was stuck up a tree.

That or in someone's garage.

Oh that much I do know. I mean once they're gone. I've seen the BMI charts, I know I still need to drop pounds in general to get this shit gone. It's what I want to do afterwards/in addition to that I need to sort.

I haven't seen those videos before, though. I'll definitely give them a look. Do they have playlists in a decent order?

like a graceful beauty queen. you should put it in shows

Check out these videos they helped me:
youtube.com/watch?v=VnV7vEi7Sz8
youtube.com/watch?v=uwygcGdazeM
youtube.com/watch?v=WP8lEbeY4LM

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM

Word. I'll bookmark those and give them a watch. Appreciate the tip!

No problem man. Always happy to help.
You got this. Get stronk as fuck. We're all gonna make it.

Just remember
>Pic related

oh yes i can feel it

This is a blue board. Don't post gore.

Now I just have to read the fucking sticky, eh?

Appreciate the encouragement! I've got about 2 and a half months before my birthday. I'll have to see what I can get to between now and then.

Holy fuck. Is this from today? I haven't even started my membership yet and this already makes me want to puke. Do people not know what the word "safety" means?

>I haven't been to the gym in like 6 weeks
>tomorrow
>restart
fuck off
the Eternal September usually lasts two weeks, thankfully

This actually legitimately makes me rage.

This.

I went yesterday, and early NYR's already trashed the place.

There were multiple loaded barbells on the floor and benches (the ones with wheels) randomly located everywhere.

I've never noticed any difference at the gym in the gym after new year

If anything it's slightly quieter for the first couple days.

I'm autistic enough that whenever I see unracked weights I have to rack them
I tend to also properly rerack pl8s on the pl8 dispenser according to their weight
The lightest pl8s on top
The heaviest pl8s on bottom
No mixed pl8s
Dumbbells are sorted according to their weight from right to left, top to bottom

The gym PTs/supervisors like me a lot because, well, I save them some work
One of them is a fit high test qt pie specialized in Jujutsu, she always like to talk to me and I tend to interrupt my routine to listen to her
She's new and she told me several times she would like to visit the city but she doesn't know anyone here
Maybe I should invite her for a trip in the historical centre (yurop here, so we actually have an historical downtown) but my spaghettis and my bananas are always dripping on the floor