Can do a push up

>can do a push up
>can't bench my bodyweight

Pushup is iirc 60-70 percent of your bodyweight. Do one handed pushups elevated and then tell me you can't bench your bodyweight.

It's also not the same, as much as it seems like it is.

Pushups should be used as a last push to destroy your tris and chest on push/bench day. Not as a legit strength builder.

weighted pushups, especially incline, are fucking awesome compared to some shitty bench press

meant decline

im not seeing a mechanics drawing about the differences between a pushup and a bench..........

nor do i see an example of the calculations where you get the numbers.

D-

Probably. Just never did weighted pushups as I didn't want to wreck my backpack.

Before I started lifting I was only doing elevated pushups and then I'd throw in one handed elevated. Started my bench off at 185 (bw) for reps. And 135 for ohp.
So it worked pretty well for starting off

your body is a lever.

get out of my class room

>Can do a pull-up
>can't OHP my bodyweight

>can deadlift bodyweight
>Can't deadlift myself

Do people save these pepes in a specific folder or just lump them together with other pepes.

My collection is getting rather big and I'm having trouble finding the right ones when I need to, since they're all just in one folder.

they are in my suomi folder because its a finnish maymay

there is a difference between pulling and pushing the weight

>can deadlift bodyweight
>can't kill myself

>weighted pushups, especially incline, are fucking awesome compared to some shitty bench press
The problem(s) with weighted push-ups is that:
1) It's even more inconvenient than bench - let's say you are about 200 lbs and want to do an equivalent of lmao3plaet; you'd have to load about 185 lbs onto your back (assuming about 66% BW bench:push up ratio), which is pretty fucking annoying. Also I haven't really seen any super stable and consistent setups with this stuff. While it seems trivial to DYELs, when you're really pushing your max, tiny shifts could mean the difference between a successful lift and you snapping your shit up.
2) You are now introducing core strength as a possible failure point, which is similar to ye olde straps vs no straps argument with DL. Are you going to let an ancillary muscle group hold back your primary lift? There are legitimate arguments both ways.

It's a great exercise but, ultimately, anyone seriously pushing beyond intermediate strength levels is going to give up on it.

That said I do still like to do high reps with weighted push-ups when I can to supplement bench.

The base issue here is that bench itself is a retarded lift, and now we're trying to replace a retarded lift with something proponents claim is a more effective way to do a retarded lift.

But we all do it anyway. Thanks, Arnold.

They're called apu apustaja

Finns have some of the most potent memes I've seen. Funny how they're so prominent on the meme market considering they're such a small country.

>let's say you are about 200 lbs and want to do an equivalent of lmao3plaet; you'd have to load about 185 lbs onto your back

Wrong. If you are advanced enough to attempt a 315 lb press, then you should already be strong enough to do bar dips.

Buy a 150 lb weight vest that goes up in 3 lb increments. Now you can get to 450 lbs (which would be a ridiculous bench press.

Also, even if you don't do bar dips, you could learn one arm push-ups which will max out at 240 lbs of force before even adding a weight vest!

Now your theoretical max is still 420 lbs [(200+150)X60%].

>can't into basic physics
Get a bathroom scale, hold yourself in a pushup position on that, then tell us what the scale says, foolio.

>Now your theoretical max is still 420 lbs [(200+150)X60%].

Edit: Equation should be:

Max = (200150)60%2

weighted dips are godtier

if u can dip ur bodyweight i can assure you your bench would be the best at your gym.
>unless youre manlet

>250 usd just to do one exercise
no thanks

Dammit. Fucking autocorrect.

(200+150)X60%X2

Yep, according to Rip, weighted push-ups are actually superior to bench press.

The only reason Rip rejects weighted push-ups is loading difficulties (which aren't a problem with the new weight vests on the market).

yo, sum1 sketch up a fresh free-b-d fo dis homie rai' hur

>one exercise

One armed pushups don't directly translate. My 1rm was iirc over what it is now before I started lifting going by one armed pushups.

Fingoloid memes are my faves. SpĆ¼rdo and apu are GOAT

>being this retarded

I've been meaning to sort my massive "frogs" folder into specified subfolders, but it would take foreeever

>Bench Press

Weight is displaced over barbell, over shoulder joint

>push ups
weight is displaced on hands and feet

weight is not linearly placed on shoulder joint but from hands to feet.

Top kek. For this price I get 2 years of subscription at my gym

>2 years of subscription
I get one.

but it is a good gym.

>can do handstand pushups without the wall
>can't do 180 ohp

????

They're different movements (moreso if you're not using boxes to elevate your hands on the handstand pushups). Being able to do bodyweight on one in no way means you're going to manage bodyweight on the other.

>What are 3rd class levers

>He doesnt pay 60$ a month for a gym
Small town :(

before i deleted my pic collection i had thousands of unsorted images in just one huge meme folder