Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

First time here, and I'm definitely not Veeky Forums

I'm 300 pounds, and 5 foot 7. Kissless-Virgin. I'm horribly obese, and I've gone way, way too long this way. I know I am on the brink of semi-permanent damage, as I am already 23 years old. I sweat even in freezing temperatures, just by walking around, so I'm am disgustingly out of shape as well. I've done some research on diet, and I want to do the following, as it seems good, and it is not a very expensive diet.

Being so fat, diet is my prime problem, and I will work on that foremost. My goal concerning exercise is just to walk 1 hour a day, 6 days a week, as that is already intense for me. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Here is my proposed diet.

one glass of Orange Juice with calcium $0.50 a day 110 calories 2g protein
one serving Cheese,$0.37 a day 110 calories 7g protein
Diet Soda $0.50 a day 0 calories 0g protein (I need to have this. I can cut down, but I'm basically addicted)
two servings French Onion Dip/Sour Cream $0.29 a day 120 calories 2g protein
1 serving bacon bits $0.25 a day 25 calories 3g protein
2 Potatos $0.30 a day 300 calories 6g protein
1 cup of Beans $0.30 a day 625 calories 39g protein
1 cup of brown rice $0.37 a day 600 calories 12g protein
1/2 serving of Kale $0.44 a day 30 calories 3g protein
1 serving of Chicken $1.10 a day 130 calories 20g protein
1 Choline pill
1 Multivitamin pill
3/4-1 gallon of water for proper hydration and fullness

This should come out to approximately 2,050 calories in food and approximately 94g of protein a day.
I'm not looking for miracles, I just want to be healthy. I'm prepared for this to take 2 years or more to just be in average health.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zKbgw2aK_eU
youtube.com/watch?v=HVqHocBdmd4
greatist.com/health/fruit-juice-increases-risk-diabetes-090313
youtube.com/watch?v=DALqoZYWig8&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

being so fat, diet is your only problem. so don't ever think that you deserve any extra calories for doing your workout for the day. if you start lifting, that diet won't have enough protein, but it seems fair enough for weight loss.

stick to the consistent movement and even more consistent diet and you should see results. good luck bro, anyone can do it.

Do not stop, even if it may seem like you arent getting results. Visualize about how much better you life and the life of those you love will improve every time you feel like giving up. I believe in you bro.

My weight is the most direct, and most significant cause for my life's problems. I used to blame it on other things, but it is that simple it seems. I can't build any life, even psychologically or materially, until I have my health in order. For the sake of myself first, and then my loved ones. I know there are problems which had led me down the path I have gone down, but my weight is just like pouring gasoline on it. I have to tend to my basic needs first and work bottom to top, in order to repair myself.

Bacon bits needs to be taken out. You're changing your lifestyle.

I don't think they matter much, since its just a small amount I plan on eating. Only the little ones that come in the bottles, not strips of bacon.

Your weight isn't your problem. Your weight is a symptom of your problem(s). Have you ever tried to lose weight before? If so why did you fail? Also, do you have any idea why you feel the compulsion to overeat?

You're trapped in the all or nothing mindset.
Make small accountable changes, that stack over time.
First cut out soda and drink only water, slowly reduce your intake until you're at about 1400calories a day.
An hour of walking a day will burn you out very fast, start small, maybe even wait until you've lost a bit first.
Download MFP, log and track everything, at first you'll just eat less fast food, but you'll slowly transition to better food so you can eat more.
Good luck.

NO

I think I understand, but still, my day to day life is changed drastically because of my weight, and that causes my day to day problems. There are so many things I want to do that become impossible because of this, in terms of body mass, extra person I carry every day.

I won't pretend to know my whole psyche, so I will attempt to tend to my base needs, and try to sort myself as I go along. God knows that I've tried this the other way around.

I've tried for years, but never seriously. I went from 250 down to 205, but I ballooned to 300 after that, during one of my most depressing periods in my life. The weight only amplified the depression.

I fail because I hope for magic to occur instead of doing the work myself. I don't have many emotional connections, have dreadful relationships with my tiny disconnected and distant family, and I am basically a NEET. I don't drink or do drugs, but I use food as a substitute. My immediate family is all grossly overweight as well. My father is my height and is 450 pounds, and will probably die in a few years. My mother is severely ill from her weight, is on many medicines.

My weight acts as the bars of my self-imposed prison. Fundamentally, I can make no psychological improvements at my weight. If you want to play who came first the chicken or the egg, I don't know, but it is how I feel about my body. I need to work step by step, and dismantle problems slowly and surely. I know if I follow my guide I can do it, but it is so lonely on this side, and one feels lost. I don't really have friends or family to help, but I don't like being a burden anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=zKbgw2aK_eU

That's been a problem of mine. I think that is a major problem for a lot of people like me. I see a lot of things wasting away. What I listed, though, I don't think is so extreme, but it may perhaps be. I've been doing it for a couple days now at least. Maybe I mix it up a bit, but that list gives me everything my body needs to be healthy.

Just think of this ...

Stay consistent for a little time and you'll see noticeable results.

For example, my aunt was over (probably 300lbs last time I saw her). She's probably 290lbs now or so .. but even my mom commented on that she looked smaller.

Stop complaining and get to it.

I will do my best.

Sup OP,
last year I took the plunge, you're probably going to fail with such a shitty diet and mental state, but here's some advice if maybe anyone more strong-willed is lurking.

I lost 30kg over the course of 4 months last year, for the remaining 8 months I went to the gym hap-haphazardly, and didn't really lose any more weight, but because my skin is shrinking due to the weightloss being so rapid, i'm constantly looking better even without doing anything.

I lost the weight without doing a single lick of excercise, i did not touch one treadmill, i did not rack one pl8. Losing or gaining weight is calories in vs calories out, period. Exercise has absolutely nothing to do with it, however, going from being a do-nothing fatty to working out and dieting is such a huge lifestyle change that many people bomb out, so just do whatever works for you that gives you progress towards your goals.
I'm not saying exercise isn't important. If i lifted or ran maybe 3 times a week during the course of my weight loss, my body coming out the other end of my diet would have looked a lot more tone and my shape would have filled out nicer, but i decided to lose the fat first and then concentrate on toning up this year.

My diet was the Ketogenic diet. Google it. The fags here will probably shoot it down as a meme but they are the same trolls telling you to kys; without seeming edgy, go find an online community where you can ask questions and discuss the diet and get tips, /r/keto is a good one and will have all the information you need to get started.

It is important to get enablers out of your life too, if i didn't take control of my own life and get rid of the people who enabled me to be as fat as I was, i would never have lasted as long as I did on the diet. I'm talking about your mum who will keep filling the fridge with junk food, that friend who always wants to get mcdonalds with you, whoever. Make it very clear to them that you're trying to make a positive change this

..year and that they need to respect that. I had a friend who only wanted to smoke weed with me every single time we hung out, which ended up getting the munchies, and when you have the munchies you're not reaching for a bag of apple slices, you order the largest most fat covered pizza and full sugar mountain dew the pizza hut can make. That was a big contributing factor to my weight gain. That person isn't my friend anymore, and he has noticably regressed in the time since I told him we cant continue to be friends if we can't find things to do together outside of smoking weed.

But anyway, Keto diet. The theory behind it is that you limit your bodies reliance to burn carbs as energy, so it is forced to burn your fat reserves. I never felt hungry on it, you can eat all the bacon you want, and these days most foods have keto alternatives. Instead of ice cream, you can have frozen greek yoghurt, instead of pizza, you can make the dough out of almondmeal flour, hell you can even go to mcdonalds and just take the buns off the burger, as long as you arent eating any carbs and have a mild calorie defecit, you will lose weight every day. You are allowed 20-30g of carbs per day. These should all vegetables. My biggest keto problem is that a glass of milk is 12g carbs and i loved cappucino's, so i switched to almond milk. I drank like half a litre of coke zero every day on that diet, your diet looks shit and boring. You're really gonna eat
>muh bacon bitz n slice o' cheez
every day for 2 years? lol

Here was what a typical day on keto looked like for me.

Breakfast:
2-4 Slices of bacon
1 or 2 Fried tomatoes
1 or 2 fried eggs
I covered the eggs and tomatoes in sriacha hot sauce, which reduced my reliance on salt so my sodium intake went way down
Alternative breakfasts:
Scrambled eggs, omelette, fried mushrooms. There are probably some cold breakfast options but I was unemployed at that time and had the time to cook a good breakfast every day.

I appreciate the time and effort you're putting in to try to better yourself. This is a great start and there will be some hiccups along the way, but please don't let it discourage you. Don't forget sleep is important and make sure you get a good amount of rest as your body adjusts to your new eating habits. Overall, you saw something you wanted to change and you want to actively change it, please don't lose that motivation even when times seem rough. You have a support system whether it is your family, friends, or even this Nigerian drawing forum. You'll make it user, we're all going to make it.

Lunch:
99% of the time I had this, I'm not sure why i never got bored of it but whatever.

Two Burger patties. From the supermarket, they came in packs of 4, they had a chipoltle flavour in them, and under 4g carbs per patty. I covered them in BBQ sauce which was like 7 grams of carbs, which was naughty but i stayed under my 30g of carb every day.
One bunch of asparagus, fried, cooked with chopped garlic and a soy sauce reduction. If i was really hungry, another fried egg or tomato. Alternatives can just be whatever steak chicken or lunch meat you want, and vegies.

Dinner: Whatever my parents cooked minus the carbs. If it was spag bolg, i would just eat the bolagnaise and not the pasta, if it was roast pork, i'd eat the pork and the vegetables (but never potato, too much carb!) you get the gist. At first my parents were like 'haha you're going on a bacon diet? thats the most unhealthiest diet' and to this day they still cant beleive how much weight i lost on a bacon diet, but my mum wont stop bragging to all her friends and reccomending it.

anyway good luck op

Some men go to war and come home changed men because of their physical and emotional "battle scars"

That these fucking cows have the audacity to call their fat stretch marks "battle scars" makes me angrier than anything else.

It's like women with tattoos that say "brave" or some such similar nonsense.

I'm this guy and my stretch marks are my battle scars. I've used bottle after bottle of cocoa butter on them and the purple colour has faded, however the indentation of where the scarring occurred is still very apparent if you look closely.

It's probably different because i'm Australian and we probably have less than a few hundred soldiers actually deployed anywhere, whereas I hear in america you guys have ex-military everywhere and tonnes of veterans so the term 'battle-scar' might be a little edgy, but the society I live in is different so I don't care.

They're the battle scars. Every single time I got bullied for being chubby in highschool, every single Janurary 1st where i vowed to lose weight and didn't, every single job interview I failed due to my weight, they are the subtle reminder of where I've came from, and honestly the term battle scar is better fitting than if i called them 'epidermis cell tearing due to hyper lipid storage'

oh waiit after typing all of this out I think i'm specfically talking about ex-fatties who still have stretch marks and not just fat bitches who are still fat and upset about being fat and the side effects. Those people are retards.

why the fuck do you have orange juice in there, essentially just soda.

Diet not optimal. Brown rice more toxic than white rice. Beans are toxic. Orange juice contains sugar and vitamine C can be gotten elsewhere or supplemented. (Or you could literally eat an orange.)

Choline good. Multivitamin might be bad.

Read pic related because that's where you at.

Everything I've read said that those things are good, including the Veeky Forums intro article, so not sure about this.

I like orange juice, and I wanted to have an easy fruit option. I expect to change it up some times with other fruits. Sort of a fruit and coffee breakfast.

don't eat shit you don't like, you'll just binge later.

make better choices every time. drink diet soda or water. order 1 burger instead of a double burger. eat grapes instead of chips. follow serving sizes religiously, a bag of chips has 8-11 servings in it, eat each one 3 hours apart, count the chips out until you get used to it

your hunger will adapt quickly unless you cheat.

follow this OP and work out

/thread

Bro, first of all, moderation. I would not drastically change your diet. Try to reduce the stuff you are eating now, and supplement that with lower calories stuff. For example, if you typically eat bacon for breakfast, eat less bacon and throw in a banana instead.

Second, know that every mile you run or walk will burn about 100 calories. Do you have a smart phone with a step counter? If you do, use that and get it to remind you to move after you've been sitting for awhile. At your weight, I don't think you need to dedicate an hour to walking as much as you need to walk more.

Third, MyFitnessPal. Get a scale and some measuring cups. youtube.com/watch?v=HVqHocBdmd4

I have the opposite problem from you. I am 6'2", I weigh 153, and I am extremely active since I am a competitive triathlete. When I eat, I often don't eat enough to maintain my weight, or gain a little bit of extra muscle.

How I use MyFitnessPal is to use it once every few days to track what I am eating, and readjust my mindset of how much I should eat.

Orange juice is basically water with a shit ton of (natural) sugar and vitamin C. That is what juice is - sugar water with fruit flavor. Eat your fruits so you can get that delicious fiber, or at the very least, get pulp.

I would suggest trying out v8's vegetable drinks.

Legumes are not considered paleo for a reason. They're basically toxic and beans will literally kill you if eaten raw, meaning that a large part of the process of making them edible is removing their toxic content, some of which remains anyway.

You want about a 60/20/20 fat:protein:carb diet and select supplements, not multi vitamins. (Mostly D, K2, Magnesium, Iodine, Choline).

If this isnjonestly5your mentality you are going to fail. Losing weight means you need to make sacrifices. Orange juice is not fruit but is definitely 50g+ of straight sugar.
You can't just be having things because you like them, that's how you got the way you are now and you wont change unless you change your lifestyle.

eat your fruit, don't drink it tard. Water and black coffee/tea only for drinks.

greatist.com/health/fruit-juice-increases-risk-diabetes-090313

>I'm 300 pounds, and 5 foot 7
>This should come out to approximately 2,050 calories

yeah cut that by about a thousand and you'll be good

>brown rice more toxic than white rice

please explain? Unless you're buying some retarded american bullshit where the rice is coated in brown sugar, brown rice is actually how rice natrually looks inside it's shell. Westerners popularised the white rice look for some reason a while ago, as someone who has studied botany in university before, the brown shell actually contains a lot of the vitamins of the plant so brown rice is a lot healthier than white rice. please kys. One bottle of orange juice a week wouldn't hurt but drinking that shit every day as a soda replacement is straight up retarded. Also kys for spreading misinformation

stfu you stupid asshole, beans are 110% fit approved clean food stop spreading blahascience shit for brains

I read that too low calories are not a good thing. I'm so heavy, that 2,000 calories would make me lose weight, especially if I stick to the lean one I outlined. Walking will help more. I've done the crash diet stuff, and it got me to where I am. I just want peace of mind now.

kys

this is a troll fic FYI

>I read that too low calories are not a good thing

you read wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=DALqoZYWig8&

>I've done the crash diet stuff, and it got me to where I am.

no, eating too much got you to where you are. on your shitty 2k calorie a day diet with little to no movement, one day of binge eating will set your "progress" back 2+ weeks.

OP, what have you done yesterday, today, and what will you do tomorrow about your situation?

that was for mice, you retard

>muh beans

I've done what I've listed in my original post for 3 days now. I want to continue. My psyche problems are mine to solve as I go down, hopefully, my new path.

Good. Keep it up, and as this guys said, , one binge will ruin a week's worth of progress. Can you find a support system in real life or some subreddit where people can hold you accountable?

1 billion mexicans eating beans all day long also Texans and Englishers

get fucked, kiddo. teleports in front of you, nothing impersonnel

OP, you're going to make it. You understand what needs to be done. Fixing your diet. And don't think of this new phase as a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Go out and walk, do some physical activity, even if just for a short time.

Also, I would recommend drinking black coffee. It has caffeine, 0 calories, and makes you feel full. It's great for cutting

Godspeed OP.

>that video
Fuck dude, what do I do if I am a competitive triathlete?

i am laughing so fucking hard. I studied botany for 12 months and all of my professors would crack up if they read this complete pseudo science bullshit. No brown rice, it contains arsenic, don't drink a single beer! it has wheat! No more legumes - you will die a horrible death

Hey, OP, I was once like you. Well, maybe not exactly like you, but in a very similar situation. My parents are both morbidly obese, and I was clinically obese until I was 17. At my heaviest I was 238 pounds, and about 6'0" or 6'1" before I started working out. I was quite pudgy. None of my weight was really muscle. My brother was a hyper-competitive athlete with a high metabolism, and ate at least a thousand more calories than me on any given day. Sports bored me until recently, because now I can actually play them. What worked for me was a detox of all non-natural sugars. I cut out anything and everything that was processed and sugary and started working out more, big emphasis on cardio (treadmills and ellipticals, eventually swimming when I was able). It took 18 months but I lost 50 pounds. I haven't reverted back to my old ways- this isn't just a diet. It's a lifestyle change. It took me a while to do it this way, but it's good, because my results are pretty much perminant as long as I don't pig out irresponsibly. My parents are still obese. They were afraid to push past the early urges to quit. I know sugar is addictive, and soda seems like a necessity, but the sooner you cut that shit out of your life, the better. Even artificially sweet stuff is bad because it makes cravings much worse, and soda in general is poison. Stick to about 30-45g of sugar per day (6-9 tsp) and push yourself to walk farther and faster every day. Workouts expire. Don't be afraid to mix it up. Fruit, I have found, is delicious. Eat plenty of it. Make sure you track your progress.

One last tip: 3,500 calories is 1 pound, so if you can run a 500 calorie daily deficit you'll lose a pound per week. This will make muscle growth difficult, but I would say wait until you are at a healthier weight before you start building yourself up again.
Your body is a temple, buried under all that fat. If must be excavated before it can be rebuilt. You owe it to yourself to rebuild it. Good luck.

Is keto a meme?

OP, fuck the soda right off. Coming from somebody who was literally addicted to diet soda (about 2L a day) I started drinking a little soda water on the side and slowly stopped buying sodas, now only soda water. You get the bubbles and the mouth feel of soda, without any of the sugar. You're drinking water but its scratching the soda itch. It's been unbelievably helpful.

>studied botany
Congrats on becoming a gardener!