Have cousin who majored in kinesiology

>have cousin who majored in kinesiology
>trying to make common ground small talk with her at Christmas
>tell her my local gyms are Planet Fitness tier and are mostly machines
>she tells me machines are better than free weights and bars
>kek and walk away

Anyone else have negative experience with kinesiology fags?

From a certain point of view machines are better than free weights. They a
pose less risk of injury and allow you to target your muscles on an individual level. For casuals, that's what matters.

you should have asked her to explain her reasoning, then you can tell her why they are bad. Just laughing and walking away makes you look autistic

>majored in kinesiology
You know a huge amount of bachelor's degrees are absolutely worthless, right? Literally all you need is a 2.0 GPA maintained over 4 years to get one, and schools will make concessions for quite a few people just to pad their grad numbers.

A person holding a BA in something means almost nothing

they are not worthless, but they don't mean anything either

They are worthless as an indicator of demonstrable knowledge or expertise in a field

We don't really get along anymore. I tried to make an attempt to rekindle our relationship but she's a stupid basic bitch who acts really smug now. I've called her out on so many health and workout related things and when I use google to back up my statements she gets mad.

>be me
>not you
>female, modestly attractive, fit
>moonlight as pc tech at bestbuy because burger economy sucks
>60% of clientelle are fatsos
>not obese, but still every bit as disgusting

I honestly can't believe some of the shit they try to pull.

>fatasfatass mooncow waddles in with 42" tv in cart
>Hello welcome to geeksquad. Were we expecting you?
>"Ya my TV is broken. I think the LCDs melted."
>Excuse me?
>"Ya see? It swishes."
>she pushed it a couple times, and something rancid sloshed back and forth within
>Mam, we do not service TV's exceeding 40" here. And TV's under 40" are recycle only, with the exception of those under an insurance policy.
>"WELL THAT'S FUCKED WHO IS YOUR SUPERVISOR YOU ADVERTISE AS REPAIR PEOPLE SO REPAIR MY FUCKING TV I BOUGHT IT HERE NOT EVEN A YEAR AGO IT SHOULD STILL BE UNDER MANUFACTUERER GUARANTEE"
>okay.theydontpaymeenough
>theatrics.gif
>slap on some sterile gloves
>sterile mask
>plastic bag around magnetic screwdriver
>hazard bucket under tv
>open up pack panel
>cat urine flows out
>youwot.jpg
>"See? The LCD's melted. I want a refund."
>Mam this is urine.
>"What? No the only thing I have is cats, and they dont pee on the television."
>constanza.jpeg-large
>Well mam, this is clearly urine, and the manufacturer guarantee does not cover liquid or spills. And urine is a liquid.
>Supervisor takes over.
>Proceed to hide in the back office and listen in white-collar despair at the whale's ignorance for 30 minutes.
>Supervisor eventually gives her a TV, gratis, on the condition that she gets the fuck out and brings her cat pee with her.

>fuck fatties. Fucking subhuman, the lot of em.

Fuck. Wrong thread.

>tranny calling someone a subhuman
the irony

>tranny

Wot?

you were born with a dick between your legs. A cock. A penis

In a parallel universe or a different timeline, sure, but definitely not this one.

They are for the average casual pleb, less risk of injury. Don't underestimate how dumb the average gym goer is.

I think you need to take more of your autism medication.

Do they make that? I thought if u were autistic u had to suck it up and deal with it

Lekker bezig faggot.

A person with a bachelors in kinesiology is considered more knowledgeable in their field than the casual gym-goer.

OP, what did you get your major in?

>What did you major* in?

Bare with me, I've got a bit of food poisoning from the weekend.

Why are machines worse? Genuinely asking I'm pretty new to this stuff and don't lurk much.

Most are only good for isolations. Some do not allow natural movement. Machines do have their place but that depends on individual needs. For the most part, barbell is more efficient in terms of muscles used and workout time. For example, to replace squats and Deadlifts, you will need leg press, hamstring curl machine, ab machine, something for your power back and something to increase grip.

if i saw you at my best buy i would break my hard drive then ask you to fix it and have sexy CBT pics on them for you to browse

I literally never heard or saw anyone who did kin that was smart.

Literally retards go there and become meme trainers.

>bestbuy
>burger economy
>geek squad
>somehow Dutch
Gratis is not just a Dutch word faggot

I have a Kinefag friend that literally believe you can burn fat whenever you want, like do abs-train to burn fat in belly, run to burn fat in legs.

>female
You mean you have boobs and a feminine penis r-right?

They are worse in the sense that the lifting path is set for you. With dumbells and barbells it requires more stabilization and you can adjust your range of motion better to your needs.

lol wut? You can't target fat in certain areas unless you get liposuction. What an idiot.

Aerospace engineering major here, curious if you majored in English or theology buddy

I'm a kinesiology major and you'd be surprised how many clueless kids there are even when taught about exercise. It's like people pretend to listen then throw in every bias possible when they apply it real world. I was training with some recent graduate who teaches the intro course and she thought rows worked your chest.

What is Physical Therapy for 500, Alex?

>she tells me machines are better than free weights and bars
Do you have a proper argument as to why shes's wrong?

Lol you must go to some shit tier community college schools. The kines program at mine is praised and ranked one of the top in the nation.

Considered is an assumption. Again, you can get a degree with minimal effort, and come out of school just knowing how to cram for exams and papers. And depending on the program, the degree could be worthless (see most online colleges)