Is spending 500 cals / day in workout / physical activity feasible?

Is spending 500 cals / day in workout / physical activity feasible?
I mean, EVERY DAY for like 6 months
Has anyone ever tried it? what are you tips to stay motivated?

Other urls found in this thread:

runnersworld.com/tools/calories-burned-calculator
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21178922/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sure, go ahead and try it. It's not like the sticky doesn't exist...

6.1km run every day if you weigh 80kg is ~500 calories. That's not particularly off the wall. You'll probably drop the weight though so it will take less and less energy to run it.

Yeah, it's called sports training. During crew season, we would practice for 2 hours on the water every morning and have another 10k or so of machine distance for homework every night. And that was for a club team. Kids with scholarships do way more.

not OP, but are there any running workout that are 500kcals for 30 mins?

Unless you're ultra-fit, you're not going to break 10-12cal/min

Those numbers seem absurdly low. Maybe they estimate ridiculously slow paces? e.g. 10 minute miles?

I do it. I find it pretty easy. I usually walk my dog for 3-4 miles (winds up being around 250-300 calories since we live around hills) and workout at the gym for another 250-300 doing cardio and weightlifting.

whut? it's not very hard to reach 15cals/min

It's based on a body weight 155 lbs. And no, they're not absurdly low. Are you NYRfag?

Look at the research papers wrt energy expenditure and exercise. Good luck sustaining 15cal/min

No, but a 10k in under an hour at 155lbs is >1k calories according to this calculator:

runnersworld.com/tools/calories-burned-calculator

People say things like "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" and "you can't outrun a bad diet" for a reason, user.

1 hour to run 5 miles is absurdly slow. Which brings us to my original comment.

That's a runners world article, not a paper.

Energy expenditure from exercise is pitifully low, plus you've got to take into account its affect on appetite and lowering NEAT

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21178922/

(People asked to exercise until they'd burnt either 200 or 300kcal and amestimated energy expenditure of their exercise bout. The nhmbers ranged from 150kcal to 4000kcal

Sorry, was thinking 10k was about 5 miles and didn't notice the km option. I'm american, I don't know these dumb metric measurements.

But even so:

Autist

>runnersworld.com/tools/calories-burned-calculator
Argh, disregard all that, I suck cocks. I accidentally had it set to 155kg.

>spending

calories aren't a currency so what are you actually asking?

OP probably meant expend.

ok so maybe the gym treadmill is lying, but if I run like 12km/h with like a 2% incline it tells me some energy expenditure along those lines (and it's not difficult to maintain this pace for 30 mins after some training)

Most machines overestimate.

What exactly are you trying to do? Justify eating like shit? You can't eat like shit all the time. You can eat like shit here and there.

That's because the machine has a massive vested interest in throwing out inflated energy expenditure figures, no fatty would use one otherwise.

are you retarded

I may be, what's you're point?

yes, for replying to this clearly bait thread

I workout 3 hours a day and if I eat 4500 or less I maintain. 5000 and I'm making slow gains