How do you develop discipline?

How did Veeky Forums become so disciplined?

I've been trying my best but failing, the only good idea I've had for it so far is to make a list of every mistake I make, but beyond that I'm stuck and I doubt I'm going to make it.

routine

Seeing a young friend of mine just 19 years old lifting 140kg & having abs & constantly hit on by chicks.

Saw other people, didn't want to be like them, and when your in a habit of doing something like the gym it's easier to stick with it than stop.

Start waking up early everyday

>How did Veeky Forums become so disciplined?

?????????????????????

Just do shit until it's a habit. It's like smoking in a way.

thats motivation mane
discipline is about doing something even when you're not motivated to do so

>Start waking up early everyday
I find this genuinely difficult. I'll set two alarms, hear them, turn them both off, and then as long as I'm not getting up for work or something, I'll go back to bed for "5 minutes" and wake up 2 hours later. At best I'll convince myself to stay awake and play a game on my phone, but I won't feel properly awake until like an hour has passed, so I often just play the game until I'm bored and wake up properly then.

Cold

Showers

Dubs

>/r9k/

The first step is to stop making excuses.

The second is if you need time to wake up, watch a few motivational videos on YouTube instead of playing a game.

The third is to start small and act consistently.

You need to build momentum slowly. Cataloging failure just reinforces negative thoughts and is the opposite of what you should do.

If you are a NEET lanklet try doing 1 new thing a week:

1: no soda
2: go for 30 min walk in the park every day
3: Apply for 3 entry level jobs a day
4: make 1 healthy meal substitution per day (eg sweet potato instead of chips)

Etc etc. as you build small successes you will get more confident and your goals will become less daunting.

>Just do shit until it's a habit. It's like smoking in a way.
That might actually be good advice.

Start making your bed it's what got me to stop going back to it. Also make yourself a proper breakfast like Cook some egss or some shit

>too lazy to turn off the alarm
>stand up instead

just kill me

What? You just stand there and do nothing?

Set the goal
Wake up
Do the goal
Repeat

If only it were that easy.

It helps if you pronounce it "disciprine".

What gets in the way of those 4 steps?

>What gets in the way of those 4 steps?
'set the goal' doesn't follow easily onto waking up, and 'do the goal' doesn't follow easily from 'wake up'.

Go to bed earlier. Don't put your alarm anywhere you can reach it. You're just procrastinating starting your day when you do something in bed.

Routine, eventually it feels strange not doing everything the way you normally do.

I genuinely can't do this. The most I've kept at it for is two weeks, then I ended up taking a 3 hour long nap in the evening ruining the entire thing. I just feel like a zombie every day I wake up early.

Muh weight lifting

>how do stuff?
>just do stuff

My reason for discipline: Being weak and wanting to change it.

Ich will not accept being weaker than fucking stoners and alcoholics while they are just fucking around and fucking chicks.

I constantly repeat to myself that I am Anfang warrior and that if Ich dont work hard for it Internet dont deserve it.

Lmfao fuck this german autocorrect for life

>Go to bed earlier.
I get my 8 hours, it's somehow not enough to prevent me from doing stupid shit like this.

Write down goals.
Attach measurable objectives to those goals.
Write down a plan of action to achieve those goals. Keep them visible, make copies, put them by your bathroom mirror, by your PC, at work, places that will remind you of them.
Keeping your goals in mind is key, having a plan to reach them is the other key. With both of those things in mind then you're more likely to keep thinking of them, and be more motivated to follow through.

In my experience discipline is a learned thing. You have to build it up. It took me a long time to get to the point of never missing workouts, never missing reps, sticking day by day to a diet etc. I don't think many people have the ability to just turn that shit on from nothing. You need to become strong enough in the mind. Just keep at it.

Germancuck

Hi /pol/.

>The first step is to stop making excuses.
Genuinely sounds legit.

I've been doing this for the past year, out of necessity mainly. I get up at 6am, go to work for 9.

I find myself to tired to workout, and when i go to be at night it takes hours to fall asleep.

Keep track of your progress and go for a perfect streak

Motivation makes the tedious enjoyable or at least madly rewarding.
Motivate yourself to do anything and it won't seem hard to do.
If you are looking for self discipline do cold showers everyday, without any heat. It's edgy but it helps

>Keep track of your progress and go for a perfect streak
Y'know what, I'm going to do exactly this. Measure my procrastination with a stopwatch and put it in a spreadsheet.

>Cold
>Showers
>If you are looking for self discipline do cold showers everyday,
I can't tell if this is a meme or something legit, all I've heard of it outside of Veeky Forums is that it's maybe good for your skin.

how hard is this for resolutioners to understand. JUST DO THE THING YOU WANT TO DO. DONT FEEL LIKE IT? TOO BAD. THERE IS NO SECRET

>JUST DO THE THING YOU WANT TO DO. DONT FEEL LIKE IT? TOO BAD. THERE IS NO SECRET
Human beings aren't rational and if we all had perfect control over our bodies, we wouldn't have motivational threads every week.

Cos we are all lonely and a thing ppl would call a "hobby" became life for us...

It feels really good to get out of a cold shower, not only that, but the satisfaction one gets from doing something unpleasant everyday is unmatched by anything.
I don't really know about "being better for your skin", the high is amazing though. I also live in a whole year cold weather, and cold showers makes you accustomed to negative temperature.