QTDDTOT

my bench press is stuck at 190X4 how do i get that 5th rep in its been like this for a weak should i deload to 185 X 5 or do something else iv been lifting for 11.5 months

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inert_gas_asphyxiation
youtube.com/watch?v=kwKcayYkyAc
youtube.com/watch?v=DVk-FqMpq6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

doing SS
I have been succesfully incrementing my lifts by 2.5kg every workout since september
this weekend I was visiting a friend and I ate like shit

been struggling increasing the weight on sunday but today I completely failed adding weight to my deadlift and squat
>125kg deadlift (grip gave in)
>117.5kg squat (only managed 4 reps for the 2nd and 3rd set)

don't know how to handle this now, do I keep increasing weight as per usual, do I decrement once or do I deload and start anew?
pls help this frustrated me to no end

Is 10x3 rep range a meme?

Had a knee MRI today. Now it hurts like hell whereas I felt just minor annoyances in it before. Could the MRI have caused the pain?

Whats the best routine for a beginner thats cutting? I've done SS for about 4-5 months now and have made decent progress for myself.

But summer is coming around and I for once want to be lean during the summer and be able to wear tighter clothes.

Obviously SS is supposed to be linear, so it doesn't seem like it'd be the right routine for me to stay on.

Any advice? I understand that I'll be losing muscle.

I got fat over winter for no real reason ("""bulking"""") and my bench press jumped from 205 to 225 for 5 with an easy 250 1rn

Is this just a result of the fat i gained? Lots of websites say that fat makes u bench more (probably gained just under 10lb fat)

Tl;dr did my bench go up due to gains or due to fat

>(sorry for DYELposting)

I went out and bought a barbell and some weights, but I can't get a squat rack or a bench before my next paycheck. How to squat and how to bench press?

You could try cleaning the weight and doing front squats, definitely not a substitute for front squats from a rack but you should be able to get some quads work in

you tube bro
buff dudes, jeff cavalier, alan thrall all have good how to videos

pic related ME

How do i know if i have gyno?

I'm down 35kg, my BMI is 22 and I still have man boobs and too insecure to wear a tshirt. Is there some weight threshold i need to get beneath before my moobs dissapear or do i have gyno?

If theres a large (marble or bigger) lump under your nipple its gyno

feel it, if its smaller than a marble but ur not 100% sure do not stress about it

most importantly of all keep cutting, moobs are often the last to go

I waited too long to lift and am now an old, weak fuck. Should I still start with a linear progression barbell program?

If you arent obese

fuck my genetics? I've seen people balloon in weight but their pecs look completely flat and normal.

Can't really tell if there's a lump under my nipples, however when I feel around it deffenitely squishes and feels like like i'm grabbing skin tissue and not fat, like if i were to grab at my FUPA. idk maybe I have muscle under there? guess i have to just cut more to be sure.

Has anyone here ever had an abdominoplasty(tummy tuck) done or know someone that has? Having lost 140 lbs, I'm going to need one as this loose skin simply isn't going away.

Gyno is more or less a hard lump of gland tissue just under the nipple

thisis your natural gland tissue becoming overactive and growing when its not supposed to

If theres no enlarged gland tissue its probably not gyno

Feel any other fatmass then feel under your nipple

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

very cute tummy :-)

While waiting for my rotator cuff to heal, is it better to bench a full load on decline or lighter on flat bench?

I am about four months into working out and the last few weeks I've had a dull pain in my left arm during lifts. Today when squatting the pain got bad enough that I had to stop working out after my last set. It turned into a shooting pain that went from my shoulder to hand and lasted for about an hour. Right now I can still feel it, but it's more of a dull ache. It's strange since I hadn't even done any upper body yet as the squat is my first lift of the day.

I stopped working out at that point to give it some rest and will see a doctor, but am trying to get an idea of what could cause this and how long I should rest. I am 34 with no history of health issues.

Drop 15% and build back up.

Does your gym have fractional plates or did you have to buy them?

Fractional plates are a meme

I am too old and weak to increase my bench and OHP by 2.3 kg every time.

Do more reps

I'm just gonna get some fractional plates I guess, my old gym had them and I was stalling a lot less.

Why are there so many gays on Veeky Forums??

With contrast?

Bulking also helps you gain lean mass. That's the point of bulking.

Clean and front squat, lunges, floor presses

It's a board about getting hot and muscular... Think again you twat

Should you squats if you are tall and have long legs

what size hips on a man are considered large

If you have to ask you've probably got KLINEFELDERS

Whenever I do L-sits or parallel bar dips, one of my shoulders is lower and more forward than the other. How do I correct this?

Push the higher shoulder down

yes, pussy

how does intake work on an ECA stack? do I maintain a 500kcal deficit? or does ECA let me increase that deficit even higher?

Maintain 500 kcal deficit, it just suppresses appetite and gives you energy. Don't actually add the aspirin.

if the deficit's the same is there really any benefit to doing ECA? I know caffeine is muscle sparing and ephedrine is supposed to help with fat loss so does it just ensure that most of the weight lost is fat?

Absolute newfag here: do I trust the sticky or do I trust you bunch of fuckers?
The sticky is like "hey, do stronglift 5x5" and when I'm like "oh I should do squarelift then" I keep lurking and find ">he fell for the stronglift meme" or "stronglift doesn't fucking work" and the like. Fucking hell.

It's a tiny tiny boost to metabolic rate but I already stated the reasons for using it in the above post

It's all in good fun user the important thing is that you get in the gym and start lifting.

Is keto advantageous over a regular deficit?

Trust the sticky; there's a certain population on every Veeky Forums board that likes to spread misinformation in the name of "trolling."

What is the proper way to measure penile length?

I put the ruler to the right side of my penis and bone pressed it and got just a tid over 5.5"

Also, will my wee wee get longer if my t-levels go up?

Dicks don't grow after puberty but increasing T and DHT will give you harder boners which make it seem a little bigger

pls respond

>Been doing SS on-and-off for two years
>Always vary things or lower weight due to fear
>Still DYEL
>Made approximately a month or two month's of progress

What's the least messiest way to kill myself so my parents aren't too traumatized when they find my body?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inert_gas_asphyxiation

I'm in the same boat, bro. You just gotta keep on liftig and make sure not to skip a day. If you do skip a day, lift the day after. Just remember that you'll always feel better after you lift, even if you fail all your lifts.

how bad would it be for my body to go from 210 to 185 in a month?

Is fasted cardio in the morning a meme?

I have an A/B day.
A=chest and arms
B=back and shoulders
I normally do 3exercises for back and 3 for shoulders. Should I add one more for each and do A/B/C?
Would my chest/arms get smaller?

pls respond

Do you have legs?

I'll run and deadlift A day squat B day

pls respond

I'm trying to get stronger as quickly as possible for the rugby season and as such I'm bulking and doing stronglifts 5x5 almost verbatim.

My friend is telling me however that I'll end up playing a forward because all I'm doing is putting muscle mass on and no strength with high weight low reps and I should do his split routine and loads of isolations for strength, which is the exact fucking opposite of everything I've ever read here or in guides. Should I just ignore him? I don't want to ostracise a friend over shit I've read on the internet.

let the old one die out before making a new one retard

Your friend is so wrong, all the science is on the side of high weight low rep, besides as a former second rower forwards is awesome.
Make sure you are doing plenty of conditioning shit so feel free to join in on his workouts and just keep the weight and rest really low and treat it like a circuit

I honestly wouldn't mind playing a forward (heard very good things) but I've put so much effort into learning to play back, and I'm still only 82 atm (few months to go yet)

>Make sure you are doing plenty of conditioning shit so feel free to join in on his workouts and just keep the weight and rest really low and treat it like a circuit
This is a real good idea, thanks bud

how much HIIT/cardio should I do and what should my diet routine be like, both in terms of what I eat and when, if I'm going for optimal fat loss in a (within reason)short amount of time?
I'm 6'0 and about 20% bf.

she looks fine, but bad angle there.

>you know what to do.

Fatter guy here,
How do I make sure my hard nips don't poke out when wearing a compression shirt?

honestly why are you wearing a compression shirt while you're fat. I've never had one but I thought they were just for showing off

something is making my post get caught in the spam filter, but basically just tape em down

>honestly why are you wearing a compression shirt while you're fat.
to not get mat rash

fair enough

i get the curse of the pointlessly hard nips more than the random bonder, honestly

Dont wear a compression shirt if you're a twink or fat. You just look stupid. Alternatively use tape or wear a shirt on top of your compression shirt.

Knees feel like shit whenever I put any amount of strain on them. I went running the other day and now they ache when I sit cross-legged. What do?

What ever happened to cheekie the Asian? Wanna see those progress pics.

use the eliptical like a cardio bunny

also, look up good running form and cadence (long distance is bad for your knees), depending on how fast you're running you want to hit further forward with your foot.

been browsing Veeky Forums since last year
still don't know what pl8 means.

Knees also hurt with squats. Do I just need to fix form? I've been working on it, but I feel like it's still not perfect.

yeah I'd fuck the shit out of her, that doesn't help me though

one plate, ~20kg/45lbs, so a squat of the bar + 2 plates on each side would be ~100kg or "2 pl8"

1/2/3/4 is that number of plates (each side) for ohp/bench/squat/dead respectively

I had a basketball-related injury when I was 10 years old, but my family didn't mind it thinking that it would wear off. 8 years later I tried lifting with basketball shoes and ended up with a muscle imbalance, and aggravating my old injury, turning my right foot flatfooted. Turns out I tore a few nerves and ligaments back then, and it didn't heal right

I want to start lifting again, and not fuck up this time. What shoes do I get?

I have a very rookie question. What is the difference between doing 5 sets of 5 reps and doing 1 set of 25 reps? Wouldn't the total workout result be the same? Extreme example obviously, but similarly 6 sets of 5 vs 5 sets of 6.

The weight should be so heavy a weight that after 5 reps you will need a rest for a few minutes before you can do it again.

You can get dedicated lifting shoes such as nike romaleos, adidas adipowers, inov8 fast lifts, reebok crosslift, or you can wear something super flat like cons, or vans

>day after deadlifting
>midback seizing up and it's harder to breathe
Help

Holy shit I thought it was one plate= 2 45kgs twopl8= 4 etc and i've been going here for a year. This makes me feel so much better about myself user.

If its hard to breathe lie down in the sit up position and try to control your breaths then wait for the spasms to stop then you probably need medical help

What type of fitness routine does it take to get rugged....real rugged.

will i fucking die if i do joker sets with the BBB 5/3/1 challenge?
i feel like i will, but i also feel like doing my 5/3/1 set, then going for jokers, then finishing up with the BBB sets would be killer

What would be better?

(L - lifting
C - cardio)
LCLCLCx
or
(LC)x(LC)x(LC)xx

I do jump rope HIIT (30s/30s for 20 minutes) if that matters

Joker sets are for autoregulation. If you're feeling up to it go the fuck ahead.

thats kinda how i was thinking about it, i just wanted to see
does it make sense to run them after the 5/3/1 sets or after the 5x10 bbb though? you're not supposed to push for a pr on the last set during bbb, so i feel like it might be a mistake to run jokers before hand, any input?

you don't lift, do you?

do you 5/3/1 work then joker sets then bbb

How do i get rid of doms?

Did legs monday, now wednesday night and they're still sore as fuck.
I have a 3 day hiking trip tomorrow.

I want to incorporate some weights into my bodyweight routine. Apart from the bench, squat and dl, what are other exercises that can benefit a calisthenics routine? Thanks.

gentle exercise, stretching and massage

I have popping and pain in my right knee, can't say it better than this but it's at the left part and I feel the pain when I am in a deep squat position, I haven't stretched my quads or hammies in 3-4 days so maybe it's that?

What are some different hip abductor stretches? All I get is adductor when I'm goog-a-lin' for some reason.

If you have genu valgum abductors is what you have to focus on more, right?

THICCCCC

Been lifting seriously for the past 2 months now, and in these past few weeks, I've been getting absolutely exhausted after the gym. Like where I'm either needing to fall asleep or I'm actually nodding off within an hour or so after finishing.

Sleep habits have not changed much in this time, but I'm starting to get concerned. Is this something I'll get used to eventually or should I reduce the intensity of my exercise?

I'm straight but holy shit got the weirdest boner right now.

Anyone?
Also let me rephrase that question.
Should I do cardio on workout days or on rest days? I'd honestly rather do it on rest days.

youtube.com/watch?v=kwKcayYkyAc

Most likely you're not overtraining but this vid is gonna be useful for you in the future.

I guess the reason for you feeling sluggish and tired is because you're not getting in enough calories, or most likely you're just not used to the volume of your workouts.

The same exact thing happened to me, I would come home from the gym, I wouldn't even shower and I'd fall asleep on my chair and then move on to my bed (right next to my desk) but overtime I increased calories and just got used to it, oh and also I increase my water intake (around a gallon a day)

Rest days for sure, much better results, studies prove it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DVk-FqMpq6U

Why some of you say no brosplit if you're natty and others say it's still good?

IMO low carb is the way to go for fat loss as it keeps you satisfied but don't feel like you have to be in ketosis for it to work. Also some complex carbs every few days when you feel that it's severely effecting your energy to lift (brown rice is good).