FUCK RUNNING

I hate running. I hated it in the Army, I hate it now. I want to look like this total faggot in >related pic

How can I get cut/toned with minimal amount of shitty cardio as possible? Anyone have any shit-kicking programs to get my gains looking maxx?

Other urls found in this thread:

runnersworld.com/injury-treatment/osteoarthritis-in-runners
everydayhealth.com/news/what-joint-docs-say-about-running/
npr.org/2011/03/28/134861448/put-those-shoes-on-running-wont-kill-your-knees
content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1948208,00.html
well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/25/why-runners-dont-get-knee-arthritis/?_r=0
health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-fitness/2008/08/12/3-myths--and-1-truth--about-running-and-your-health
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cycle instead.

how do

Theres a huge steroids thread on this board literally every day. Go look there

Cycling is GOAT (and I don't even know what that means but I've interpreted that it means awesome).

My thighs feel like tree trunks after a hard 20 - 30 min session on the cycling machine.

greatest of all time
also the cycling he's talking about is roids

This man is confused but correct.

lol

Plyometrics

lifting/running isn't going to fix his face

Cardio is totally unnecessary for cutting. All you have to do is eat at a caloric deficit and lift to maintain muscle mass. I cut from 247 lbs down to 155 lbs @ 9% BF in about 11 months, and never did a single cardio session. Shoulder, chest, and back striations, teardrop division in the quads, etc. Cardio for cutting is a meme.

Cardio is great for dick gains though

Please elaborate I need a bigger dick

> too weak willed to run a mile because it's hard

Never gonna make it user

You could have cut that same weight in half the time if you weren't scared of cardio man. Well done on the weight lose but stop giving shit advice and telling people cardio means nothing. It means a healthy lifestyle which is also kinda important

increases the size of cappilaries in your lower body because of increased blood flow and some shit

I do 20 mins of fast jogging on the elliptical machine everyday except leg day, am i gonna make it?

Bu....bu....butt heart health.

Do HIIT swimming instead. More fun than running and most of all a lot better for your joints

Greatest
Of
All
Time

you don't have to do cardio to hit 8-10% bodyfat, dumbass. As long as your diet is in check and you train properly.

The rare elite don't even have to do cardio for contest-level prep (5-7%) but those are few and far in between, and they still do cardio since it helps nutrition partitioning. And their cardio is literally slow-motion bicycle for 70% max heartrate for like 20 mins.

This is all assuming you're on gear of course, which you should be you faggot.

Cycling on machines makes my knees hurt, but normal cycling is good and a lot of fun if you have cool places to ride. I used to mountain bike for like 2 hours at a time 3 times a week when it was warm enough because it was fun cardio and was less like working out.

If you're looking to do something in the gym cause it's fucking freezing outside, I usually go for the row machine or stair stepper. Both whip my ass if I try to go super hard and both can be an easier more relaxing cardio that still gets your heart rate up.

Better performance in bed and your dick gains a few millimeters

This thing.
You will always lose.
You will surrender.

>you're welcome

Are you insulating that guys on roids

Good luck looking autistic as fuck pushing hat around in public

Spot the guy who pushed a prowler down the sidewalk once

Why the fuck does everyone rag on running? I started out barely being able to run 1 mile now I've ran 2 marathons and I lift weights. Plus cutting is 10x easier instead of feeling fucking hungry 24/7...Pic related

you don't have to take it to the grocery store, moron; go to a park and do it

It's boring, it makes my feet hurt.
Outside I look like a moron running.

I will bike hundreds of miles, swim dozens of laps, row for 45 minutes, but I hate running.

TABATTA for cardio gainz .. takes 5 minutes.
and diet and weight training for getting shredded

I have flat feet and slightly knock knees and running always fucks my shit up bad. I get shit splints immediately no matter how easy I go at at it at first. Biking is where it's at. You get to go farther and there's less strain on your joints. Swimming is probably even better, but fuck swimming, I hate swimming even though I'm good at it.

Okay, so buy some better shoes, get your ass out there and do a triathlon.

I should mention triathlon bitches are fucking hot

Because it's the cheapest and, potentially, hardest form of cardio. Anyone can just do a light jog until they're bored and sweaty but to actually run long and be fast is a whole different world.

i used to hate running, so i decided to join a running group on my town to stop smoking, they run for 5km, doesn't matter your speed or time, they start together and wait for everyone in the finish line
my first "race" was shit, i run for 800m and was already out of breath, slowed down and then run again on the last km, and fuck, girls were beating me at this, so i got pissed of and stopped smoking and started doing cardio, bought some new shoes, some clen and kept going harder and harder, now i'm one of the fastest on my group, i can run 5km without stopping in 17 min

Running long increases your short distance speed. Put a self help audio book on, and just run. It's relaxing, therapeutic, and youre cutting cals like it's no one's business.

After a long run I'd smash 4-5 blueberry pancakes with peanut butter and not feel guilty. Love that shit.

>looking autistic as fuck

You mean getting mired, people get interested and ask about your training. I don't prowler but when I use my sled all I get is smiles and encouragement

A sub 20min 5k is damn good for anyone.

A sub 17min is godlike in amateur circles

post yfw runner's higih

>mfw

I'm , and I flat feet also.
I feel you, running sucks. But with good shoes, I can walk a lot (like ilI often go for4-7 hours hikes).

Also, standing up without moving hurts.

Do your feet hurt, or your back?

Feet but mostly knees. I feel like my knees are about to explode after 15 minutes on the threadmill, it's even worse on the streets.

About shoes, they all equally suck when you have flat feet. When I was younger, on my parents medical I had top notch personalized prescription insoles, but they really didn't help.

The only shoes that are really comfy for me are the super pricy salomons. They have a better arch support.

Fuck triathlon. I used to be an actuary, surrounded by over achievers who did Ironmans before their breakfast.

Running feels great. I get up in the morning just so I can go for a run.

>be severely injured
>still run a lot

Have you checked whether you use proper form when you run?

Yea my dad has arch issues. Got those Dr. Scholl's things and he says they helped a ton. I wore those things once and it fucked up my lower back

>triathlon bitches are fucking hot
>posts picture of a man

Veeky Forums

That man is me.

I didn't know what it means either and decided it means great. Thanks for clearing it up

I like running cause I can listen to podcasts etc be in my thoughts but it's cold af here literally almost minus 30 C, dont wanna go outside

Ah, homosexuality AND narcissism.

(mirin)

What podcasts do you listen to?

Never experienced this. Why?

1. Haven't pushed hard enough
2. Haven't ran far enough
3. Are 100% immune to feelings

t. a guy who will be fat again in a year and die of heart disease by 50

Sprinting.

No way his tight ass water suit is making his belly button look like that without him having a testicle sized outie

See
That's also me

Could you give some tips to a noobie?

I'm training for a marathon, but feel once I get started on the longer distances, I'm woefully underprepared

Sure, what do you want advice on? Long distance running or just running in general?

Things i wonder are, what should I take on a long-run with me? A friend of mine who isn't particularly sporty did a half-marathon and recommended having marshmallows as a way of getting quick heap of sugar to keep going.

What about drinks, is it something worth taking on shorter runs or only on 10mile+?

I find lots of info about timing and exercise, but nothing about equipment, preparation, during the run, etc.

LISS, Low Intensity Steady State

Buy a treadmill, get a cheap used one, they are all over craigslist. Some dumbshit old woman who eats too much for it to be effective for weight loss is selling hers at 10% of what she paid for it so that she can replace it with an eliptical machine or a bowflex.

Then you walk on it, for like an hour straight each day, even more if you got the time on your hands.

You use your phone or tablet to entertain yourself on it. Lose track of time, just walk comfortably.

As to getting that lean, caloric deficit. Keep a written food log, and aim to eat 500 daily less than you take in.

The goal physique you posted will require at least minimal doses of steroids, like 500mg testosterone weekly, go to fraud thread for more info. Also, tons of regular message boards and info at your finger tips with a google search.

Heck, you can read about it while walking on your treadmill.

My long runs typically consist of:
Goo packs (the ones with caffeine)
Water bottle belt (you can also get those water bottles that have a hand strap)
Bluetooth headphones (phone in my belt pouch/pocket)

You have around 2 hours worth of glycogen stores in your body. So as long as you're not running over 2 hours, you don't need the goo packs. But, if you're feeling a bit queezy after an hour, take in half a goo pack.

You don't necessarily need water, either. Unless it's 100% humidity and you're running over 1hr30min. But it's always nice to have something to rinse your mouth out with.

My biggest takeaway from all of my runs were my shoes. Make sure you get the proper fitting. Otherwise your feet will have some wicked blisters. If you do get a blister, pop it, but don't remove the dead skin. Leave it there so it will callus.

I employ this when the local weather gets to about 65 F or higher... not when it's 45 F. I like to walk around my 'hood listening to sports talk radio.

Time goes by fast, the sights aren't always mundane, and there is a bit of an incline.

>I get sweaty and it burns love handles.

I'll be doing a marathon in October, so will have longer runs, butthanks. That gets me started. Any resources you can recommend?

Joe Rogan
Drifter's Sympathy

If you have fat around your dick sure.

Look up the beginner marathon training guide and build off of that. That's where I started.

jump rope then

It protects against muscle loss and ups your daily calories so you can fit more nutrients in the same deficit. It's not necessary but it's far more healthy to cut with cardio.

agreed, pretty sure it's been proven to totally fuck your knees up in later years too

much better cycling or something low impact, swimming or something than hammering a pavement for 5 miles regularly

>Running long increases your short distance speed.
No it doesn't, in fact it's the complete opposite doing one fucks up the other

hm is this true? I think I've gotten somewhat slower in my sprints ever since I started running.

Not what he meant by cycling user

Worked for me. My lactic acid threshold is much higher since I started running long distance. Went from a 14:03 2 mile to sub 12 minutes.

Uhh, yes it does. It increases your endurance which helps with enery usage on shorter runs. You think Mo Farah runs a 20+ miler once a week just because?

>fuck up your knees
Oh boy, this broscience shit again from faggots who are afraid to run long distance.

runnersworld.com/injury-treatment/osteoarthritis-in-runners
everydayhealth.com/news/what-joint-docs-say-about-running/
npr.org/2011/03/28/134861448/put-those-shoes-on-running-wont-kill-your-knees
content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1948208,00.html
well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/25/why-runners-dont-get-knee-arthritis/?_r=0
health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-fitness/2008/08/12/3-myths--and-1-truth--about-running-and-your-health

Tl;dr--it helps your knees out and runners have less arthritis in the knees later in life.

Right, your cardio vascular/capillaries, technique, core, everything is improved when you run longer distances. I never went over 15 miles though. Typically 10. Shit improved my 5k by 4 minutes.

this is honestly the best thread on running ive seen in a long time.

Best feeling ever.

Insulating

>I hate running. I hated it in the Army, I hate it now. I want to look like this total faggot
>I hate running. I want to look like this total faggot
>I want to look like this total faggot
>I'm a total faggot

What the fuck I thought it meant "God of all things" for the longest times

>Mo Farah
>Short distance

Pick one

Mo Farah has no short distance speed, his 100m time is horrific

I like running.

You can forego running in two ways.

Do intermittent fasting, and do jumping ropes.

t. Guy who gets winded climbing up stairs

This good asics shoe with custom orthoditic insoles.

Crosstrainer works for me. I have major lower back and knee problems, along with general joint issues, and I can't run for shit. And cycling starts tearing my lower back after a while.

I'd like to be able to run/cycle out in nature, but my body doesn't allow it. So as of now I've got a crosstrainer, and I watch some movies, documentaries or tv-series while I do cardio. Pretty decent.

There are crosstrainers that work like bikes that move outside but I haven't found any cheap ones yet. With the risk of looking like an absolute idiot, it'd still be fun to get outside more.

>insulating

Use elliptical instead

trust (100emoji)

Cycling is good, but ROWING is god tier.
Keep your gains + incredibly efficient way to lose calories.
Elliptical is for faggots.

>actuary
Is it worth? I fucked around in uni too much, and now I think it's the only option to make a decent living with my shit GPA. I'm mentally capable (almost perfect scores on all standardized tests), but I've yet to sit an CAS/SOA exam and I've been having a hard time motivating myself to study. TY.

>mfw runner's high while stoned

trail running high is pure bliss

do HIIT and vary your mode

i switch between bike, row, run, battle ropes, tire flips, sled pushes, etc

variety is the spice of life and keeps things interesting

also get a Gymboss timer, cardio has never been the same since

Steroid injections 1x1 daily.

Can confirm; just bought a Concept2. That and a legit bodyweight routine (rings, planches, etc.) have me fucking JACKED and HACKED and RIPPED.

>single
>but too frightened to mingle

Once I begin my alcoholism I should be able to socialize.

You do know that all the elite bodybuilders do cardio right? Literally hours of it everyday .
Also it is good for cardio vascular system. Which is more important to health and well being than your skeletal muscular system.

this board is fucking hilarious