What got you into Veeky Forumsness fit?

Simple enugh question, I wanna know why you started lifting be it mundane or totally unrealistically retarded!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1mCExFZBxX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because bringing laundry from the basement to the second floor made my chest hurt.

Personally for me I had just finished 40k spess muhrheen and decided fuck being a skinny cunt I wanna be as big as that guy and slay xeno and pussy alike, so I started running what lead to me taking care of myself more, what lead to people being more open to me, what lead to one girl trying to help me out socially and then when I got good at that I decided I was good enugh to use a gym and started lifting and 4 years later here we are

I had quit college 3 months before that and was just sitting behind my computer playing vidya, full on cancerous potato-mode, when I stumbled upon Veeky Forums and its sticky. That got me into lifting somehow, which in turn made me 1000x more motivated to do something with my life.

I mean, 80% of you guys are sad disillusioned wankers that won't ever function normally in society, but the 20% of you that are chill legitimately might have saved my life.

So yeah, thanks guys

Was in army(mandatory in finland)

saw that everyone was bigger than me. So I started lifting

Felt shitty about being a former athelete who had no definition and about the fact that I haven't had a girlfriend for all four years of high school, so I decided to buff up for uni.

I don't know why I replied to you with that, I didn't mean to.

I was driving past the local gym when I locked eyes this MILF with an absolutely flawless ass when she was getting in the gym and I thought to myself if I join this gym I'll get to stare at her ass a few minutes everyday.

Eventually I spoke to her, she was actually an olympic long jumper when she was younger but it became clear to me that since she was happily married and I was just a random DYEL at the time I wouldn't be tappin dat ass any time soon. I would always stare at her and never say anything, even though she was one of those easily approachable talkative types of woman. One day after about six months I noticed her mirin and she actually came and told me she thought I was a creep at first but my effort and dedication was admirable and added me on facebook, I got to see a few of her private training videos and a bunch of beach photos, needless to say I've fapped to them countless times. I would always be there when she was there and stealthly staring at her ass when she was squatting was the best part of my day.

She moved to another state about a year after I joined, the other women don't have as amazing an ass as she had so the last couple years I just kept going for the gainz. Sometimes she still posts videos of herself squatting that she makes to check her form, and although I'm living with my gf now and get plenty of action I can't help but fap to dat ass that got me into lifting.

Functional strength right here.

Preparing for the upcoming racewar.

I weighed 350 lbs, and was coming off SSRI and anti-psychotic meds and I need something to distract myself from wanting to die. Imagine not being able to think straight or having any feelings for like 5 years, and then suddenly you're flooded with nothing but negative emotions, and when you look in the mirror all you see is a fat piece of shit that ruined your life.

youtu.be/1mCExFZBxX0

Got tired of being lonely. Looked in the mirror at the end of summer and realized I was a sad sack of shit. Nearly 3 years later now and I feel much better. Self confidence actually exists now. Still no girlfriend but I'm getting close. I can feel it.

In 9th grade once a week my gym class would use the weight room when the bigger grades were in the gymnasium or outside. My first time actually using real weights and I was sold.

As someone who had no idea what he was doing, I decided to try to lose a shit ton of weight in a few months to try to get pussy at prom. I weighed ~270lb at the time and half a year later I'm at 205 and dropping. Needless to say I didn't get any pussy at prom but have gotten some thanks to losing weight and gaining confidence. Shooting for 175 by at least July.

I was chilling on Veeky Forums in 2011 and TYVD came in with some long, long posts about vitamins, and said to come to Veeky Forums

So I came to Veeky Forums and lurked a bit, and I saw a thread called "babby's first jellies" about first-time mires and so on

That thread filled me with so much longing that I started lifting, the motivation from that thread alone carried me through a year or two

Self hatred
Suicidal depression
Body image issues
Loneliness
Needing an escape from the crushing anxiety and I figured that trying to look like the heroes in the comics I read when I was younger would somehow make me...you know...braver and better able to help people.
I didn't really think about relationships because sex and people were one of the things I was trying to escape from and learn how to deal with through exercise and self improvement.

Only later did I realize that opening my heart a bit and letting people in and not trying to save or be cool with everyone would give me everything that I wanted.

A friend kind of pulled me into the gym because he would have rathered exercise with someone rather than alone.

Then my family was going through a rough time with my brother acting up and I found it easier to just focus on exercising and lifting. Now it's been a few years, and it's less escapism and more something I get a nice high from.

Last season of water polo in hs and got an injury that put me a week behind everyone else. Didn't get starters so i worked my ass off to get back on. Coach eventually told me he didn't think I would make it back by the end of the season and was surprised by the progress I made. Really made me feel good and I told myself I wasn't going to let the prime of my body be when I was 18

Quick question to you guys who changed your lives around completely,
Do you have an intense hatred for anyone who is like what you used to be like?

I used to be a total fucking self loathing, autist who blamed everything on the world but I changed my life around literaly changed everything even my political views spun 180
now when I run into people who show the same characteristics as previous me I cant help but hate them with a passion, I like literaly everyone I meet but something about seeing someone act how I used to it makes my blood boil

hated myself because i was a 250 lb 18 year old unattractive weed addict on a one way trip to wizardry
now i hate myself a bit less

I've never been a real hateful person even to my past self. I usually just feel kinda sad for those who have no hope about getting fit and even worse for those who go out of their way to bash them. You know they have the potential and they won't utilize it, but its their life and they can do whatever they want with it.

I wanted to look like Toguro

not hate just pity

hatred for my past self only

needed to add discipline to my health

Like many on Veeky Forums I jumped on the 'only heavy deadlifts can make this pain go away' routine when a girl broke my heart. I just passed my one year anniversary of gym-going on December 20th.
Starting stats: 152 lb, 5'8" (yes I'm a manlet)
one rep maxes
Squat 135
Bench 115
Deadlift 215
OHP 85
Weighted Chinups 15,

Current stats
163 lbs, still 5'8"
Squat 185 (my form is shit, I'm working on it)
Bench 190
Deadlift 315
OHP 115
Weighted Chinups 25

My goals for 2017 are a 1 plate OHP, 2 plate bench, 2.5 plate squat, and a 3.5 plate diddly. To all the anons out there doubting themselves or just looking for a reason to get started, the most important person in your life should be you. Improve your mental and physical fitness not because it gets you money/women/whatever, but because it's an investment in yourself. You're worth it.

I've lost 70lbs and decided that lifting is the best way to not get fat again.
Then I saw the results and lift to have a beautiful body I can mire

Massive drawn out breakup that nearly killed me. Lifting was part of my cocoon mode while I was getting my shit back together.

Didn't TYVD kill that kid via vitamin overdose

Tired of being scrawny.

no joke
an anime got me into fitness

off on a sports-college scholarship in a couple of years. Gotta git gud before then

I am autistic and I only want to do objectively superior things

this is why I read, learn and study CS as well as exercise

Comic books. Especially Wolverine.

someone posted this image that said "how to get high for free" and it was something like do 10 bodyweight squats as hard as you can then look at the roof. Someone else pointed out that if this works you're really unfit and before that I thought I had "muscles hidden under all the fat"

A girl. Thought i could get her back by being aesthetic. Didn't work. Now i lift for me.

Mad constipation for much of my teens led me to healthy eating. Saw the benefits it did for my skin and energy levels so went full Veeky Forums and signed up to a gym. Great!

Bloke on r9k posted his daily routine which involved waking up, drinking green tea, creatine, whey and eating oats. At the time i was at uni, had oneitus (kek), was drinking a lot, virgin, depressed bla bla. I guess i envied that routine and disipline. Signed up at the gym that day and told myself i'd wake up early the next day and get down - I did.

Started doing your standard fuck about stuff - 20 mins cardio then 100s of machines till failure. Few weeks in found Stronglifts and then found Veeky Forums. Then I saw frank yang's training mixtape and that was when lifting turned into a hobby. Cheers lads.

some of my friends wer going to the gym when thet were like 14 and i wanted to get swol too so i joined them. i'm one of the only ones still going now

I hate my body and I hate my personality. One is easier to change.

good on you man. I always loved the high ideals of the space marines, but stay natty for me. We imperial guards n sheit.

Started working out at 15 for football. Everyday sometimes twice. Quit football next year kept working out because I was getting a lot of pussy. I was short and I'm shallow so I assumed girls were just into me because nice body not personality or anything. worked out everyday till I tore up all my shit in my ankle at 19. Haven't worked out consistently for more than a month since. 26 now, overweight, alcoholic, no pussy,bad feels

For chicks. Was about to break up with my gf and change schools to one where the girl/guy ratio is aprox 7/1 so I knew I needed some advantage. A month after that I stopped giving a fuck and now lifting is a hobby.

I got tired of my beer belly. Also I looked over my wife's shoulder one day and she was checking out shopped photos of this male model and when she noticed I saw she quickly minimized the window and I thought to myself "I can look like that faggot". So I will.

Actually I did almost 3 months once then I started drinking again and lost my job.

I somehow acquired a cute gf despite being a skinny sperg. Started lifting because I wanted to look good next to her fine body.

Relationship didn't work out due to her being a batshit religious fanatic, but I kept the lifting routine going.

My gf is a bit pudgy and I thought if I'll make it to being a swole cunt she'll start doing something about herself.

Was tired of being a weak sexy twink

Been a skelly weakling with underweight ectomorph for the first 15 years of my life. I ate as mad racoon, but still couldn't made it into normal weight. Started doing calisthenics, then going to homemade gym in basement. When i reached age of 20 and got first job and money, i started training. Now I'm natty 105kg on 190cm body. This year cutting it down to 90-95.

clicked on Veeky Forums by accident, read the sticky for whatever reason, probably because there was a dinosaur.
looked easy as fuck, turns out its easy as fuck so i lost like 40kg, gained 15 back in "muscle", starting cut in february.

fukkin saved

I was overweight from 3rd grade to 7th grade, so I joined a gym as soon as I could (14 or 15 as to not stunt growth). I was so out of shape I'd have heavy breathing after jogging less than 60 meters. I didn't know what I was doing at first, but my mission was to lose weight, so getting tired was a plus. I only did machines at first randomly, and I had no idea was sets and reps were until about a year later when I overheard some other dudes talk about it. I was basically lurking for a year, then I read one thing after another on the internet about lifting.

I never really got in shape, and I didn't progress, but I stopped being overweight, and in 11th grade I decided I was gonna do martial arts because lifting and martial arts were just a given to me, because people who exercised looked good, and people who did martial arts were cool. I had my eyes on Wing Chun, because that's what Sherlock Holmes (RDJ) and IP man did, but a friend of mine did MMA, so I decided to join it when the new term was gonna start, which was new year.

I had about 3 months until then, so I wanted to raise my stats as to not keel over when I got there, so I lifted seriously for 3 months with a proper diet, protein powder, and a program. I did a brosplit, but I honestly don't know of any other program. Everyone I know does it, so I did too. I worked out 6 times a week to hit everything twice, but desu I don't feel like I made much progress.

I absolutely loved MMA, and I went 5 times a week to every session I could do, so some days I'd train for 3 hours. The reason I didn't go 6 times was because Fridays was sparring, and I was new and afraid of getting my ass whooped because I wasn't confident in my abilities. I did MMA for about 5 months, but I busted up my knee in the most peculiar way, and took 3 months off. When the new season was gonna start I didn't feel like my knee had healed up properly so I instead joined a boxing gym. All I did was spar and throw punches, and did kicks at home.

2017 is an MMA year though, and I'll be competing in allstyle

At first i thought that getting in shape would be healthier and might help getting girls.
Now i lift to leave humanity behind.

I want to become seigi no mikata.

I just wanted to get stronger to defend myself at school.

Saw TDKR and thought, fuck me I want dat Bane mode

>vitamin overdose

I remember Christopher Nolan saying he didn't want Bane to have "beautiful muscles." He wanted him to look strong and dangerous. Nothing communicates strength like big traps and shoulders, so boy did he nail it.

>be a bit of a sad cunt
>spend way too much time on /v/ and /b/
>start board hopping because all the jokes, memes and opinions were getting stale
>lurk Veeky Forums for months, lots of positive vibes, great sticky
>housemate's brother comes round to show her some lifts (she was a stick)
>mfw he sees me and tells me to give it a go when she gives up
>destiny.png
>loved it, kept at it
>over time realised I was a sad cunt because I wasn't doing anything to improve myself
>intrinsically motivated to keep going

Joined the Army.

Did it work?

Not intense, but if someone is "beta" (which to me is a mindset that affects personality and motive, not any specific traits) then I have a general dislike of them, which I don't really express. I'll always offer to help someone whose unhappy but if they won't change they won't ever gain my respect or that much friendship from me.

That being said if you're fat as fuck, don't push bullshit excuses or HAES lies and you're the happiest person on Earth then we can totally be friends.

My politics have turned around though, return of strict governments when

got bored
wasn't a manlet, chinlet or dicklet

decided to stop being a musclelet

keep going we're all going to make it

This, I'm literally just bored and working out is a fun way to eat up time and I get a good looking body

also found out it's a great way to release stress after work

Tired of being the weakest guy in every room I find myself in.

Six months ago it suddenly hit me:

In my 28 years of life I don't remember seeing any trace of abs on me, ever.

I thought that it was kind of fucked up.

Still haven't developed them enough and/nor haven't cut enough bf%, but I've lost like 44 pounds in these six months. Maybe in another three months, hopefully.

>Now i lift for me.
learning

I just really want to be Goku.

>batshit religious fanatic
what kind?

>Then my family was going through a rough time with my brother acting up and I found it easier to just focus on exercising and lifting. Now it's been a few years, and it's less escapism and more something I get a nice high from.

Same here. My younger brother who had it all: natural intelligence, natural skill at anything athletic he touched, handsome, girls fawning over him, excellent sense of humor, endless energy and fun. First year of college, he can't put down the fucking pot. Academic probation, lashing out at my family, including me (in my mind his best friend) when confronted about it with anger, screaming, throwing fists, threatening to kill my father, etc.

It's the only thing that gets my mind off it.

>threatening to kill my father

>because he's a stoner

there's more going on than this.

I'm still a DYEL bitch so we'll see.

>freshmen high school baseball tryout
>literally only grown ass men on the team who lift
>varsity only so only 2 freshmen were trying out

I was intimidated as fuck. I never lifted before because my height was good enough for middle school baseball. Then about junior year it turned into lifting for girls. I didn't even care about being stronger for baseball, but I still played

I was small and weak compared to my friends and my body didn't match my masculinity.

Wanted to look more like Iron Man t o p k e k

>tfw the only non-stoner out of three siblings
>tfw have a stash of weed, courtesy of them, and only ever use it to sleep
>their faces when they visit and I've still got half of what they gave me six months ago

Weed alone can amplify mental issues, notably in young people.

>Weed alone can amplify mental issues,
>he was perfectly fine chad. but that all changed with the reefer madness and now he wants to kill his father.

I mean do you not agree that it can amplify mental issues? I'm the guy with said angry brother in question. He has (I don't know how to classify ranges of it, but it seems to be severe) ADHD. His emotions are more extreme when he smokes and he is less willing to negotiate or talk.

I can handle weed but choose not to since as of late it makes me feel down because I think about how my brother can't handle it and I'm not setting a good example. I look at it as a practice what you preach type deal, and my brother well being is more important. If it helps him in the slightest by me abstaining it's worth it to me to not touch the stuff.

The guy probably had underlying issues that he was deflecting with all the social stuff. I've had friends that were ridiculously extroverted because they couldn't deal with their own thoughts, and once they started smoking weed everything fell off and they ended ended up in a spiral of mental health issues.

My brother is the polar opposite though, he has so much energy that he'd work himself up with all the stuff he'd be doing, and now his two biggest stress releases are smoking pot and anything fitness related.

>I'm the guy with said angry brother in question. He has ADHD. His emotions are more extreme when he smokes and he is less willing to negotiate or talk.
My brother is the polar opposite - he has ADHD and was an angry as fuck teen, but now he's in his twenties and his two biggest stress releases are fitness (like morning cardio and an afternoon gym session every day) and bongs with breakfast if he's not working

Has he considered seeing a mental health professional for other mental illnesses?

>Has he considered seeing a mental health professional for other mental illnesses?

He's gone to counselors and psychiatrists before to talk about his feelings. They don't seem to think he has anything wrong with him other than being "depressed". He hated going to those places and those people, and he says it doesn't help and makes him feel dumb or like some sort of pity case.

Because I was weighing 65 kg at 18O cm. I said fuck that and started going to the gym. I am actually rooting for every kilo I get, after 4 months of lifting I got to 71 and I am pretty happy with the results as of now.

Tired of being a weak skinnyfat little bitch, decided to get huge

Because my big bro is strong as fuck and I was dyeler than death.
Because I got so out of breath I nearly got a damn panic attack after dancing at a company party.
Because my friend who started lifting was catching up.

Now lifting brings me so many good feels I can't not do it.

That sounds exactly like the friends I used to have. Nobody I know has turned that attitude around, but I do think it's more than just the ADHD, and I do think the weed makes it worse. All you can really do is wait until they're ready to help themselves. Wish I had more advice for you user but I've not helped anyone out of this rut myself so I can't really say more

My arms were so skinny and weak that I could barely perform menial tasks, or throw a ball more than 20 yards

Also I had a holiday to go on and wanted to look good topless, after that it just kinda stuck

I thought he suggested a big list to which that user added a shit load of vitamin K

Kinda like me telling you to drink more water so you drink 8l and get water poisoning

I didn't come to Veeky Forums thinking I would get the solution anyway, was the first time I've actually vented it out typing or otherwise. I don't hang my dirty laundry for others to see. Thank you for your time user. All will work out. We'll all make it.

does anyone else not even remember why they started?
I just asked my dad one day to buy me a dumbbell, posted all these shitty threads on Veeky Forums asking what exercises I could do with 1 dumbell kek (it was only 8kg as well). I used to just do sets of curls between rounds of battlefield. Eventually I got in a gym and fucked around on the machines. After a while I decided to try a bar like you were all telling me to do and i loved it so much that i've not stopped since

Started because I was a sad cunt, stayed because it makes me less depressed.

>tfw the /pol/ race war meme got me into getting Veeky Forums but since getting Veeky Forums and leaving the basement I've become a lot more libertarian, lead a more "degenerate" hedonistic lifestyle and couldn't give less of a toss about autistic abstractions regarding race, culture, morality, traditions etc anymore

After having known I was a fat useless 250lbs piece of lard legitimatelty heading for a life of solitude and death as a kissless virgin for a while, seing my own topless reflection in the mirror during an acid-trip convinced me I couldn't post-pone my life style change any longer. This was during the summer last year, and now, I am down to 170lbs with respectable lifts on most exercises.

A broken heart, lifting kinda made me realize some shit and helped me become more social and confident

Same.

I was great at school, didnt care for girls so i felt socially godlike with my circle of great friends, i honestly felt superior to everyone at 15. But my body wasnt and i even started to get fat so i started hitting the gym and never had a day were i had to force myself to go to the gym at least 3 x a week

It makes me remember how I was, which motivates me to keep going/go even harder. I've learned that except for rare genetic anomalies, your decide how you look. I won't go out of my way to shame anyone, but I won't have any compassion either.

Preparing for race war senpai