Have you ever felt self-conscious while lifting, Veeky Forums?

Have you ever felt self-conscious while lifting, Veeky Forums?

6'4" 180lb lanklet here
I started lifting regularly about a year ago and while I have made progress with strength and size, I'm still not very strong or big.
Start college and go to uni gym and it's constantly full of huge gymbros and cardio bunnies.
I know most people say they don't pay attention to anyone else while working out but I can't help but feel pathetic while benching 100lbs next to someone benching 2pl8
I've never even done deadlifts at the gym since the area is very exposed and I fear being judged for form or strength. There's also only 1 designated deadlifting area so I don't want to be that guy doing 200lbs and stopping everyone else from doing 3-4pl8

I'll still continue doing my workouts and push through the perceived embarrassment but what can I do to feel more welcome/worthy to lift?

>inb4 everyone starts somewhere

I'll be insecure until I get a attractive gf.

That's the only time I could ever imagine myself being truly confident.

Having an attractive gf = the every man respects you, every woman respects you, especially if she's not as good looking as your gf.

The holy grail of confidence is having a sexy gf, end of story.

Disclaimer: 29 year old man, never had a gf, kissless virgin, therefore my opinion may be incorrect and biased.

Don't feel bad man. You have to realize everyone starts somewhere, so as long as you keep increasing in strength you should be fine.

Dude, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. None of that sounds realistic. Do you suddenly and automatically respect someone because of who they're dating at the time? Because none of the rest of us do.

the secret to confidence is to not give a shit about what others might think/say, some view this as arrogance but with anything there's a very thin line between confidence and blatant arrogance

or just fake it until it becomes second nature

>Do you suddenly and automatically respect someone because of who they're dating at the time? Because none of the rest of us do.

Yes

I am 6'5" and 210. Started at 160. There is no reason after a tear that you should be sub-200 lbs or weak.

You need to eat more. You are not eating enough. Problem solved.

That bimbo in the pic made a selfie at the gym while not being fit: look at the gut which is concealed by the torso twist, those chubby legs (swolen knees gave it away).

Ayy LMAO. MySpace angle PHD.

I would still happily fornicate desu

The only way you'll be successful in life is if you stop letting your self consciousnesses stop you doing what you need to do.

Grow a pair.

>bra over bra

What did she mean by this?

People do judge in the gym, but not the way you're thinking. I'll tell you my process for %99 of the time

1. Guy using less weight - "Good. I'm stronger."
2. Fat guy getting in better shape - "Good for him."
3. Guy lifting more than me - "Fuck. He's stronger. I need to get there."
4 Cardio bunny or girl doing meme butt work - "Slut"
5. Woman doing normal workouts - "I wanna sex that."

That covers most of the normal scenarios in the gym, and that's only when I even notice what others are doing. I usually try to lock eyes with myself in the mirror or look at my phone during workouts/rest times. Outside of that I don't really give a shit. I think most people are the same way
Get bigger and stronger if you want to feel bigger and stronger. Only way to do that is to take up the space for those exercises and do them.

My thought process is similar

Sometimes when I see people doing weird routines or using bad form I just think that I want to go educate them, but I don't judge them for being uninformed, I was just as uninformed myself for the longest time

Only people I really walk around and despite are groups of 3-4 skeleton bros taking turns benching in the smith while talking loudly and flexing in the mirror thinking they are hot shit

i live in a white country and this one nigger occasionally comes to jog on the treadmill for 60 minutes and then leaves. this one time i saw his penis in the showers and it was tiny af

massive tiddies need massive support

Same. If I think someone is going to hurt themselves I'll tell them something like, hey I used to do the same thing and got hurt. A physical therapist showed me this to keep it from happening. After that I walk off and don't look at them again. If they are just doing dumb stuff then I ignore from the get go.

I hate people that hog something with like a group of 3 or more. I usually just work around it though, they aren't even a pimple on my ass really.

she has a cute smile but if she smiled like that for a professional photographer you would want to knock her out. only smiling for you or iphone is cute

>Having an attractive gf = every man respects you
No, every man will be wondering how a huge loser like you managed to score with such a hotty, and will be trying to fuck her because they don't respect you.

Even if you manage to date an attractive girl she will most probably dump you in a couple of months at most. Not because you are pathetic at sex, which you are given your lack of experience (but that will change after a couple of weeks), but because your lack of experience in relationships and your evident insecurity (which will turn into clinginess) will be a huge turn off, and she, being a babe will have so many other open options.

My advice: Start dating right now, asap. I'm not going to tell you to date someone you're repelled to, but lower your standards. Gain sexual and emotional experience, get your heart broken a couple of times, strenghten your personality, sometimes just be a douche and later regret it. Just live and learn.

Come on dude, you're 29!

Ive never felt self-conscious at the gym. The other people there are background noise. This isn't a contest, and nobody cares how much you lift

Good list, though I don't care about how people dress and don't judge girls for wearing revealing clothes. I look shit like that up on the internet, so far be it from me to tell them not to dress like that around me.

The only time I negatively judge someone in the gym is when they're rude/ignore gym etiquette. You take up two benches at once because you don't want to have to adjust a single incline bench during your super set? I'm going to judge you. You do bitch push-ups with your hands on the dumbbell rack using it as a platform? I'm going to judge you.

Someone used a treadmill the way it was intended and showered after? Wow, what a fag. You're so cool, user.

>There's also only 1 designated deadlifting area so I don't want to be that guy doing 200lbs and stopping everyone else from doing 3-4pl8

This is the only thing I did because I was only deadlifting 70 pounds

At 29 you might as well wait a year and unlock wizardpowers

>use a home gym for my first 2 years of on and off lifting
>finally get gym membership
>go late at night
>get to know a bunch of familiar faces but no names, everyone keeps headphones in
>start eating at a hardcore deficit and pushing myself to the absolute limit to still make gains
>whole year revolved almost entirely around my diet and the gym
>about a year into gym, get a tap on the shoulder
>mfw one of the regulars congratulates my work, tells me I'm lifting more than him now
>mfw a guy at work asks me to train him a few weeks later
>anxiety floods back the moment people indicate they're watching my progress

Why is it the fucking gym, I'm not anxious about anything except the damn gym. Nowadays I take my glasses off so I can't even see anyone's face, no way I'll seem approachable if I've got a permanent thousand yard stare, right?

Sometimes, I'll get insecure because I'll see someone squatting next to me, and mistakingly yhink they're squatting as much, or more than me. Sometimes, it's because I think their 10kg (22.5lbs) plates are 20kg (45lbs) plates, and I'll assume they're squatting 2pl8t by the dozen. Turns out, it was 1plmao8t instead

This is the some of the best advice I've been given.

No one cares. You arent that important