What age did you start lifting Veeky Forums

What age did you start lifting Veeky Forums

For me, 17.

Started learning proper form around 27, got on a progressive PL program @ 29yrs or so. 31 now

same, 17

many times in my life, but I started lifting seriously in my early 30s, and that's when I made good gains. all the other times were with stupid brosplits full of isolations and 3x12. no gains were made.

11 starting running and did some basic dumbell stuff, stopped at 13, started going the gym at 14-15 did some standard muscle stuff but largely cardio then 17 joined a different gym and started properly lifting.

started properly at 20, am 21 now

i-it's not too late right?

I-I hope not

started """lifting""" at 17. Got better with form for about a year, recently started getting more serious with programming. 19 now and i've not made enough progress for 2 years of lifting

12-13
2 older jock brothers

Tfw brad in a family of chads

25. Ive always been in decent shape though.

17 when i had a car i could drive to the gym whenever i wanted

17, 19 now but i definitely wasnt putting much thought into it.

I'm pretty jelly of you early starters
I started when I was 22
Won't make this mistake again, my future son(s) will start much earlier for those sweet as fuck puberty gains

Are you me?

14 but I did some shitty ass meme routines until like 16

For me, it was after the first McRib

Elaborate on examples of your typical workout please.

I'm 25 and I'm doing a 5 day split (chest,legs,arms,shoulders,back) and feel like I'm making gains (still a noob though). I alternate between 5x5 reps and 12x3 reps depending on how I feel that day and try to include both compounds and isolations.

Started when I was 23.

My good friend(bit older than me)
Ran at least mile with his kids EVERY SINGLE NIGHT before dinner for 18 years. When they moved out they kept up the habit.

(He said they only missed a few due to serious illness etc.)
His kids are shredded and really hardworkers.

I want to get my younger brother into this. He's 22 and fat as fuck. I was fat as fuck 5 months ago but I've gone from 105kg to 90kg through lifting on small deficit.

I've tried to get him to lift but he told me he's given up trying to lose weight. I tell him that I'll show him how and he's responded with if you can get ripped that he'll take my advice.

I doubt I'll get abs anytime soon but my chest is now solid rather than saggy and my gut is almost gone. Hopefully by march I can take off my shirt and inspire.

trust me it isn't too late

Started around 16-17 but it was on and off and not very good. Started 'seriously' at 20

I did some meme routine made up by the PTs, started lifting seriously when I was 17. I'm almost 20 now.

how tall are you? did you notice your height stopping to grow?

Started at 16 but only took it seriously after I turned 18

I fucked around in a gym since I was around ~15, but I got serious when I was 18, and I'm halfway to 20

15, but didn't get further than otter until 25