Someone assumes or asks if you go to the gym

>Someone assumes or asks if you go to the gym

How do you respond without revealing your power level?

yes

>Yes, I do.

"Yes"
or even "Yeah"

and if you're feeling fit
"Yeah buddy"

Yeh, i'm just a lucky guy.

>no I just go for runs in the morning
if you look like you lift you gotta say something, but revealing your power level is never a good idea

i am not shittig you, I am really using this

>nah bro i do zumba

Yeah got a wii fit for Christmas

this

I just do loads of push ups, sit ups and eat plenty of vegetables.

Why is this really?

I never understood why would you need to lie about something like this?

Because others lie about it too and you dont want to appear that you need to put effort into these things?

You guises insecurity really makes me sick sometimes.

>too autistic to admit you go to the gym

Is there something Im missing here?

>Yeah, I do.
I usually go for a joke and add
>Yes, I know I don't look like I do.
which sounds a bit better in my native language.

They might ask follow-up questions and turn it into a whole drawn out thing and oh God I just don't wanna deal with that

I do 10 pushups a day

I only go a couple days a week

I don't think that's why you avoid answering.

I think you want to appear "gifted" to others and make others mad that they don't get anywhere without any effort like you seem to be getting.

Why are you scared of talking about the gym?

You use steroids dont you?

I do p90x only on weekends.

I go to pilates with mum and do lots of wii fit

So much this

Just say I go for jogs every once in a while

I hate this. Just the other day some random guy at my work asked me then he started talking about all the other gyms in the area and I just couldn't 360 away fast enough

this happened to me a few days ago actually.

>guys on the street hassling people about oxfam or amnesty international or something
>one guy makes eye contact with me and opens with "you lift bro?"
>give him a cold stare, keep on walking

fucking normies.
havent done anything aside from bodyweight and boxing for the last 2 years.
>normies will never know true power

usually i answer with "yeah a bit", or "sometimes". back when i was lifting.

i do it not because i want to feel superior, but because i dont want normies catching on because then i'd have competition.
that was before i realized that its much better to actually know how to take somebody out than look like you can.

desu it's annoying talking about the gym to people. They always ask for advice, never know what they're talking about, and totally used to bench 218 lbs and squat 493 lbs even though they're clearly out of shape.

Because most people will never be more than average at anything they ever do in their life.

If you play vidya you've probably done more reading or research on ideal builds, skill trees, or quests than an average bloke does all year - with the exception of BuzzFeed articles.

With lifting it's the same. Most of these people have never spent more than a half hour in the gym, and when they did go in they never had a plan other than "burn out on some machines, dude".

Novice levels of planning and training are more dedicated and thought out than anything they've considered before.

This kind of thing is only if you have some big goal! You're not on a sports team, why are you training so hard, my dude? Relax, get some swag and smoke some weed with me, brother

>on a river rip with coworkers
>take shirt off when on the water
>user do you go the gym?
>I just lift at home gym
>ask how often
>once a week (was true at the time because of busy schedule)
>they all call bullshit and don't believe I don't go more
>tfw dyel by Veeky Forums standards

m'lady

"yes"

stop being so insecure

>Gee user, how did you get so ripped?
I go to Zumba classes every tuesday and thursday.

It's drink plenty of juice.

What is your native language

Hungarian

I got this too, one of those charity muggers opened with "You're looking pretty fit, heading to the gym?"

I have aspergers so I had to engage in a conversation with him, luckily I was 19 at the time and they only take 21+ people for whatever the thing was

>tfw used to do bodyweight and could truly answer with "i've never been to the gym"
>can't pull that off anymore

I'm on the GOMAD diet and do 2 hour crossfit sessions twice a day brah

>"No, I go to my Zumba class twice a week and eat a diet mainly based on seaweed."

I do gym and rowing, so when I tell people I row they say 'So that's why you're so big!'

>tfw 5'11 1/2/3/5 DYEL

és mégis hogy hangzik az a mondat? not that guy

Feelin fit budy?

>you lift?
>no
>how come you look like you lift?
>genetics i guess
end

this, jej

"Yea actually sometimes I do! Haha do I really look like I lift?"

> Oh, I just try to keep Veeky Forums

Sometimes I'm pulling it so hard, I rip the skin.

I wear this shirt so people know i am fit.

does it make you feel good knowing anything above 1/2/3/4 is above normie's defintion of dyel

lil bit here and there

Yes

I don't always go to the gym
>but when i do...

FOR YOU

Its called being humble user

shoo shoo kurtos kalachi

Because lifting is a vain sport, you do it to improve yourself. At least that's what normies think. I can tell people I play video games. I do that for fun. And nobody feels incentivized to play videogames

Lifting is also fun (once you get passed the rough edges). But unlike videogames. It requires effort to put in for it to become fun. But people don't know that and would look different at me.

Tl;dr only douche bags lift because it requires an element of selfcenteredness and you don't want to tell people you're a douchebag

Why do people get tats on their hands?

>not wanting to brag
>user calls that insecurity
What?

>Te gyúrsz?
>Ja. Tudom, nem látszik.

I generally avoid talking about lifting with normies because more often than not they'll want to "discuss" training with you and they'll start spouting a bunch of random broscience garbage that they heard from a dude when they went to the gym one time. I really don't like to deal with that crap.

I got asked this at work today. Deployed my standard jokey line: 'Yeah, best stress relief in the world.' Went over fine I think.

Say no, because I work out at home :^)

I do a lot of push ups and sit ups and I drink plenty of juice

Because it's pretty bad ass to hide your hidden powers like superman

>Fitnek érzed magad, pajti?
>Ja, csak egy szerencsés flótás vagyok.

>haha wow user, do you workout?
do bears shit in the woods?

I get really into playing ultimate Frisbee

"Yes I go to the gym. How about you?"

Do girls say "I have a pound of makeup on"? That's like a guy saying "I hit the gym 1.5 hours a day 5 days a week".

If a girl is wearing that "no makeup" makeup, she will tell you she has no makeup on. She wants to be seen as being pretty without makeup. You want to be seen as being shredded without working out. "Naturally shredded" or "I just play sports". That makes you 10x more impressive than someone who tells everyone he works out every day like some kind of insecure faggot who is so scrawny he needs to tell people he hits the gym for them to know.

This is mostly true, it's very hard for normal people to understand another persons passion if they have never had one of their own.

Most people live fairly boring lives and don't have any serious goals, seeing someone else so committed to something can cause a normal person to become confused and when something doesn't make sense, people generally try avoid it, so they will avoid you.

That's why you should downplay your gym time and passion, unless you're talking to people who share the same commitment.

It's bants familam. It makes the fattys amd holocausters believe it actually is all genetix.

But makeup is pure cheating while being fit requires a lot of dedication

It's about creating the illusion of having everything with 0 effort.

If people knew how much effort you put in they'd get defensive because they realise how lazy they are.

There's an element of self preservation and just avoiding unnecessary bullshit.

>yes
if you've been going for more than 3 months it'll be obvious you're lying and seem aspie

I say "a little" and of course, Chad Thundercock says "we should go some time" because he's looking to shame me since he's built and I'm only 5'10" 185lbs. So I say "sure" and meet him that weekend. He's got his designer gear and I'm wearing cheap shorts and a T-shirt. The sluts spot him and start fawning over him. I then proceed to curl 185lbs X50 reps, bench 275lbs X50, squat 480lbs X100, leglift 1000lbs (including the legbar) X300. At the end I say "we should do this again sometime" and he responds "maybe but I'll have to check my schedule". He never asks me again.

he probably doesn't want to lift wth you because you train like an aspie powerlifter and you ignored the sloots not because you "leglift" more than him

Or it could be that he could only do 15 reps with lower weight. Sure, he's more aesthetic but I'm stronger which is all that matters in a fight.

>Wii fit & Zumba

C'mon Veeky Forums I thought we settled this

jfl @ thinking that matters

Things that happened.

>nah just good genetics :^)
why even give them the option to act like retards?

Tell them you do P90X and some meme diet like detoxing or no white foods.

even if connor wasn't ripped as fuck, that jawline/general facial structure is god tier and he would still pull bitches. he just hit it right in life

I don't want them to say they'll to join me at the gym only to flake out. No point in wasting my time unless they've proven they want it.

true, he has that perfect mix of masc and prettyboy going on

It's the difference between telling someone, "Yeah I played WoW when the new Legion expansion came out for a bit."

or saying, "I played Legion up until last week but I couldn't decide between characters. I honestly leveled SIX characters to 110 and instantly hated each of them for different reasons upon doing so. I got so stuck between playing my paladin or druid that I just lost interest in the game after doing the same thing over and over and barely making progress."

There is a time and place for both answers. The first is for the general public to say, "Heh, yeah I play a bit of WoW" and the second is for someone I trust, that I know will understand, and most importantly that I actually want to have a conversation with, because I'm opening the doors and furthering the topic.

Connor is a bro - he is not some stupid fitness youtuber. I have a feeling he might browse Veeky Forums

My hometown is completely composed of those guys that used to squat/dl 500lbs but are now fat with bad knees.

> chad wants to hang out with me
> I become turbo autist
> chad doesn't want to hang out anymore
> "I sure showed him"

4 to 9 right there. Fucking chicks man, you can never tell. That's one good thing about the gym I guess. There are girls who don't wear much make up or any there so you can get s better look at the real them…at least I think
>I have no clue what I'm talking about

This x 1000

Nailed it.

I'm great at being curt and honest.
>do you lift
>yeah
>how often
>very often, take care of my eating too, it pays out.
I can say this in different ways and have the conversation divert or continue about lifting, sounding smug or humble.

"Yea."

>you workout man?
"Sometimes,when I find the time."
>how do I get wide shoulders like you?
"drink your milk take your vitamins and say your prayers brother"
The response of a true patrician

underrated

Te postázol /kurva anyátok/ban?

Welcome to the board! Please make sure you read the sticky.

>There's more to life than being really really ridiculously good looking

This, unless they also lift, in which case I'm fine getting into an hour long conversation about it.

Talking to people who don't lift about it is infuriating because they know nothing and it's impossible to correct them without looking like a douche

We lie about lifting so fake natties can claim they only lift clean and troll normies.

It's only bants