So is it like an established truth now that you need to roid to get these kind of results?

So is it like an established truth now that you need to roid to get these kind of results?

It really gets me down. Cheating is not an option for me, but it seems like its an option for most people out there who are after results.

The sticky says you can loose weight by doing SS and cardio while you are on a diet, but most of the posters here have indicated the opposite by saying I need to do HIIT/cardio and strength training doesn't loose you pounds.

I know for a fact that by doing strength training, your body will burn calories faster also when you are not training. So what's the answer here guys?

I dunno lol im just a fat kid shitposting on the internet

If you just want to lose weight consume less energy than you expend
If you want to do it while stalling on SS then go ahead.
Again if you want to lose weight consume less energy than you expend. However you expend it is up to you.

I bet he was all natural there

fk chriss pratt he is real husbando

>Cheating is not an option for me

that's pretty noble user, you almost gave me chills. have an upvote.

Gear is not needed to lose weight and look good. These are my results in less than a year, completely natty. Just eat at a caloric deficit, lift, and give it time.

Also, no cardio whatsoever since I started. Cardio is unnecessary for weight loss as long as you're at a deficit.

Chris Pratt had to get those results in a handful of weeks or months after signing a contract. It's the same as Christian Bale's ridiculous transformations.
You don't need roids to reach that at all, just time. You aren't contractually obligated to look like that tomorrow.

neck yourself

For giving solid basic advice to someone who asked for it? Chill out, man.

What did you do for the first few months (Jan/Feb/March)?

During the first few months, I simply at a well-balanced diet of 1,500 calories per day. I lost my first 50 lbs through diet alone, because I didn't want to overwhelm myself with a new way of eating AND lifting and just end up burning out. Around mid-April, I decided to start lifting in order to preserve muscle mass during my cut.

Ate*

Hey DNA, show a lil bit more of face sometime, just the jaw and maybe lips.

Fuck off NYRfag, this is the fitness board not the bullshit excuses board.

lololol

dem shrinking nips

Post diet and routine

How jacked were you before you ever got fat? I have a feeling you were a guy in pretty good shape

From everything I've heard its impossible to gain muscle while cutting, and you cut pretty hard. So how did you defy odds?

How much actual weight lost?

But what if my endurance is shit? I couldn't even to a set of thirty rope jumps;-; mostly because I kept fucking up and had to restart the reps.

pratt is natty in those pictures. guys who roid will generally have oversized traps, arms, and shoulders.

only people deeply entrenched in the bodybuilding community feel the need to achieve an unnatural physique.

People who are natural can have huge traps and shoulders if they train properly, such as doing heavy Behind the neck Presses and power shrugs with at least 4 plates.

not rly when compared to roiders

Look me up on imgur (same name as my trip) and you can find all that info.

I lifted weights in high school, and I was in decent shape, but nothing really impressive.

Experienced lifters generally lose a bit of muscle on a cut, but I hadn't lifted in years, so I experienced newb gains during my cut. That explains why I was able to drop fat and build muscle at the same time.

247 down to 155 (153 at my lightest).

I don't think you need amazing "endurance" to lift weights... As long as you can get through 10 reps in a set, you're good to go. Take your rest and do it again. It's not like being on a treadmill or jumping rope. I lift to failure on each set and I honestly don't even sweat when I lift.

On my phone, so I may have misinterpreted what you were asking... If you want to build up your endurance by doing cardio, go for it! Nothing wrong with that. I simply don't enjoy cardio, so I don't do it. I burn enough calories through lifting, and my heart health seems fine (bp was 98/56 and pulse was 57 bpm last time I checked). Your choice of exercise is up to you. Lifting is the best choice for preserving muscle during a cut, though.

>Gear is not needed to lose weight and look good.

Stop this fucking meme nonsense where you think you look good.

Your motivation and drive will not recover.

We look like shit. You better than me, but I will catch up to where you are now, then beat where you are now someday

It's good for cardiovascular health. It also lets you increase your TDEE.

That's why I lost weight at the same rate as you eating way more food instead of being starving 24/7.

For making any kind of progress at all with your body. No matter how DYEL and pathetic your body is, if it looks better tha it used, people will flame you, to make themselves feel better about doing nothing.

>From everything I've heard its impossible to gain muscle while cutting

A meme.

I had never been into a gym or played a sport in my life.

I had zero muscle.

When you're a bodybuilder with a lot of muscle, you can't gain any muscle cutting.

A dyel like me or DNA guy or you can gain muscle cutting. It is just slower and you don't gain very much at all.

4 months lifting.

3 months in bewteen pics.

210---> 168.

My weight at a reasonable bodyfat % is 160 so that is my goal then I will bulk.

All the pathetic scraps of muscle on my body, I added in those 4 months.

You can gain muscle while you lose weight if you do it right.

Do you honestly think he had that much muscle on the left photo, from what, from sitting on his ass eating donuts? Or lifting weights years and years ago? No.

>People who are average can get a qt if they learn how to increase their confidence and engage people socially
>not rly when compared with chads
Your comparison is bad and you should feel bad.

No you can do this natty. Just don't expect to be able to manage something like that in less than 3-4 years.

>Experienced lifters generally lose a bit of muscle on a cut, but I hadn't lifted in years, so I experienced newb gains during my cut. That explains why I was able to drop fat and build muscle at the same time.
You already had a good strength base. A couch potato would not be able to look like that in a year.

>From everything I've heard its impossible to gain muscle while cutting
>A meme.
You can't compare your newbie gains with someone who's been working out for a few years.
As a beginner, yes, you can gain muscle while cutting, but it's not possible further down the road. Not because you have more muscle later on, but because it requires a caloric surplus to gain muscle, and a caloric deficit to cut fat.

>As a beginner, yes, you can gain muscle while cutting, but it's not possible further down the road.

You restated what I wrote in different words.

> Not because you have more muscle later on,

Once you reach a certain level of physique, it is totally impossible to gain any muscle while losing fat.

'Noob gains' is based on levels on lean mass, not how long you've been lifting.

You can lift for years, go to the gym once a week, do starting strength, never put on any muscle at all, and still be in noob gains stage and able to add muscle cutting

Everybody knows you can cut and make noob gains. Btw, no amount of lifting will fix a spergy attitude like that. Calm the fuck down

this.
OP's pic is totally achievable natty, but it would take a few years

>and a caloric deficit to cut fat.
Nah, you can easily eat at maintenance and lose fat, build muscle etc.

It just takes a long time.

I had a good strength base from lifting weights 11-12 years ago? Come on, man... I was a couch potato since I got out of high school. Even now I only bench 195. Results like mine are possible for anyone willing to put in the time and effort.

>'Everybody knows you can cut and make noob gains'

'no'

This is debated nonstop 24/7 here.

> no amount of lifting will fix a spergy attitude like that.

Why would I want to 'fix' my attitude fgt? I am who I am and I LIKE it

>You can lift for years, go to the gym once a week, do starting strength, never put on any muscle at all, and still be in noob gains stage and able to add muscle cutting
No, you can't. Noob gains come from your CNS adapting to the work you put your muscles through, and that adaptation is greater when your body is not at all used to it. If you've been lifting for years, your body is used to it already.

If you're losing fat or gaining muscle, it's because you're hitting either slightly below or slightly above your maintenance. Theoretically, if you hit a perfect equilibrium of your energy balance, neither would happen.

Okie dokie, bud. Whatever you say. We all look horrible, you'll "beat" me someday, and I'm just a fool posting memes that won't help anybody. Look, I'll always know that I can be better, and that's what drives me. But I also know I look a whole lot better than I used to, and I'm pleased with my progress. I don't need to beat myself up everyday to stay motivated... My desire for results gives me all the "drive" I need. And as far as cardio is concerned, it's a tradeoff. I felt full on my diet and never had any hunger or cravings. Perhaps you enjoy cardio. Anyway, you ate more than me and busted your ass on a treadmill. I ate less than you and never did more than glance at a piece of cardio equipment. Is there a real winner there? Who knows? Six of one, half a dozen of the other... Lighten up, man. We're all working toward similar goals, just in different ways.

That fat fuck could only get results like that from gear.

YOU are not going to get results because your understanding of weight loss and basic fucking fitness and health comes from the dieting and exercise INDUSTRY and steroid and workout equipment shills.

You only need to do three things to change how your body looks

Eat less
Meaninng eat less but more quality food. Occasionally skipping a meal or fasting for a full day is good too as long as you don't try to make up the lost meal(s) by gorging or having seconds the next day.
Move more
That means get off your ass and move more. The activity you do outside of the gym has a greater impact on your fat loss then the activity you do in a gym. Sure you can put on muscle or create a situation where your body does better calorie partitioning and you will be able to keep off weight or do more OUTSIDE of the gym, but the types of workouts and mindset people take away from the gym usually creates a "I can eat whatever I want now" or "I worked out time to be a lazy fuck" situation that just completely fucks the whole thing.

Rest better
Better rest is key to controlling stress levels and recovery. Allowing your body the time rebuilding of your body into a better version of yourself.
Sleep for 8 hours. Get rest when you know you need it. Don't let your body accumulate too many stressors, like from heavy dieting, heavy exercise, emotional stressors, etc etc. Learn to deal with those. Take active breaks when you need them. Mini vacations. Get some sun get some fun learn to meditate etc etc.

That is all.

Building muscle?
It's a simple as doing consistent resistance work(can be a weight, can be a sand bag, can be a rock, a log, can be your own bodyweight) and always "put weight on the bar" or lift relatively heavier or overcome heavier resistance every workout. There is nothing wrong with lifting something that is relatively heavy/overcoming a relatively tough resistence by increasing reps.

Just retarded. Are you saying that I can't lift for years, eat a retarded diet of mcdonalds and icecream, lift 1 times a week, do starting strength, put on zero muscle, and still be in 'noob gains' stage?

99% of guys in the gym never leave noob gains, lazy training and starting strength tier routines

>Noob gains

I was referring to gains in lean mass, not CNS gains aka getting stronger.

Why so defensive?

>Look, I'll always know that I can be better, and that's what drives me.

that's the point

>ou'll "beat" me someday,

I look worse than you now i wanna look better than you (DO NOW) someday. you don't have any drive or belief in yourself?

I didn't even say I will look better than you doin 5 years all I said was 'I'm gonna beat your 1 year pics SOMEDAY'

1 year two years 10 years who knows? I wasn't trying to act better than you, chill.

Chill out

>cardio

Good for health, fun, meet tons of chicks.

11/10 recommend.

Losing weight is the easiest thing in the world, anyone can do it, it seems like you have some sort of ego about it or something?

Because we stopped stuffing our fat faces?

There's no reason we should've ever even been fat, it's like a herion addict getting high and mighty about quitting it

I come in and post

>hey I did it by eating a lot of food and increasing my TDEE and you get fucking autistic-ally pissed someone had a different method

You are aware people lose weight by sitting on the couch and eating less food too right?

Dude, I think if you'll go back and read through the progression of posts, you'll find that all I was doing in this thread was being friendly and giving advice based on my experience until you started telling me to stop my "fucking meme nonsense" and proceeding to call me a DYEL... I honestly don't know how to respond because the points you're trying to make with your argument here are all things that I've said on this board (and in this thread) countless times before... Losing weight IS easy. My very first post explained that all you have to do is eat at a deficit, lift if you want to preserve mass, and be patient. It doesn't get much simpler than that. You literally quoted me in your post when I told you that I had all the drive I need, and then asked if I have no drive... Also, I think just about anyone who has ever talked to me on this board will tell you that I'm always wishing people the best of luck with their goals and trying to offer friendly advice and encouragement when possible. I have no clue how you came to the conclusion that I have an "ego" about losing weight. Finally, if you go back and read my post, you'll see that I specifically said that we both reached our goals using different methods, and that one way wasn't really any better than the other. I'm not sure how you could interpret that as me being "autistic-ally pissed" about you taking a different approach when I just finished telling you that "we're all working toward similar goals, just in different ways" (word-for-word). Also, I am aware that people lose weight without exercise -- in fact, I believe I mentioned earlier that I lost my first 50 lbs that way.

Why you're choosing to build your argument on the same points that I've already made is beyond me... Anyway, I get the feeling that you just want to argue/debate with someone, and that's not why I'm here. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck with your progress. Take care.

pro tip: any fitness person that has some kind of social media account is most likely a fraud

this board has twisted views on how natty looks like