If I wack a punching bag with a wood sword, would that give me muscle definition?

If I wack a punching bag with a wood sword, would that give me muscle definition?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ew3--XVFioU
amazon.com/dp/B001Q72ARC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_pUBEybFQ65BQN
youtu.be/5MVtYCsHFKQ
instructables.com/id/Quick-easy-and-inexpensive-Sword-Practice-Pell/
youtube.com/watch?v=YVSONNESfyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you can whack my wood sword tbqh

I see screencap written all over this.

Your going to be putting unneeded stress on your joints and it you do it long enough I bet you could give yourself white knuckle. Just lift, bro.

Dare I ask why you want to hit heavy bags with wooden swords?

b-because I thought it would be cool and learn how to use a sword ;_;

why

>whacking with a gladius
Gladius are for stabbing. The xiphos or spatha can be whacked with, however.

If you want to swing stuff and gain muscle (kinda) get a baseball bat and bat weights. I suppose you could do controlled swings to build... whatever muscles are involved in swinging a bat. Probably a lot of back and forearm.

I don't think sword swinging is the best for gaining muscle, even ancient greeks used a gym and lifted weights for body building.

Swords are cool, as is hitting things.
Everyone knows that

cringe

You need to join a SCA group if you want to use swords, otherwise you're just whacking it by yourself.

Sword practice works your shoulders big time, an actual fight is mostly cardio.

see how far you can shove those up your ass

what the fuck did ancient greek gyms look like

Get heavy weights and put them on your wrists while doing it.

That's one of my shoulder pump workouts.

LOW TEST
O
W

>putting weights on wrists

wut

Not sure about greek but I know the romans were more into FUNCTIONAL strength

Pic related: Cross walks 3x8

Heavy ankle weights on wrists

only if you use sword C because it is objectively the coolest looking sword

Good idea.

Any sword replica you recommend?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ew3--XVFioU

seems like some dragon ball z / berserk shit, but weights on wrists and swinging something sounds like a good fucking workout

>3x8
>not 1xf

missed opportunity, user

>1xfailure

LOOLOOOOOOOOO

Cold steel hand and a half sword.
Cold Steel Hand and a Half Training Sword 92BKHNH amazon.com/dp/B001Q72ARC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_pUBEybFQ65BQN

You'll want to use two hands.
>Don't be a bitch. Use one.

youtu.be/5MVtYCsHFKQ
Other exercises to do with the weights on
>This guy is awesome, btw
Honest to god, it's so fun

thanks man. You were the kinda person who I was looking for ITT.

Thanks, m8.

You won't regret it. Brings out your inner child too

>wanting muscle definition
>not wacking the punching bag with a dictionnary

never gonna make it

I think you mean subjectively, mate

instructables.com/id/Quick-easy-and-inexpensive-Sword-Practice-Pell/
and this^

If you had actually read the Bible you would know that Jesus actually failed 3x when carrying the cross. Enjoy Hell you heathen.

It would give you a ripped punching bag, more likely.

Like said, if anything the joke should be 3xf. How do you fail so badly? While trying to correct someone, no less.

underrated post

Kek

It would simply give you autism.

Can't you just barbed baseball bat like anybody else?

Seems like it would be hard on the joints

Let the guy have fun with his sword techniques. I don't think it would give you definition unless you started training with a weighted sword after time.

i dont get it

Sumo wrestlers smash their feet into the ground as part of their training, I'm sure OP will be fine as long as he's not retarded.

what an autist

they were naked. the nakedness is part of the etymology for gymnasium.

I've been a fencer for about nine years. Whacking shit with a wooden sword won't do much, probably. But if you actually take up fencing, there are plenty of physical benefits. You'll see improved grip strength, back definition, and a nice butt.

no i don't

join a hema gym.

they will teach you the ways of sick ass sword fighting.

Crossfitters are going to get themselves killed doing that.

they'll be fine if they take about three rest days.

This.
Also, instead of hitting an inanimate object you can fight other living breathing people so you actually learn how to use the weapon.

White knuckle as in hand arm vibration syndrom (vibration white finger)?

maybe not muscle definiton but autism definiton

I love fencing, but its really not that great a workout

>muscle definition
>definition
>dictionary

Proper use of a sword is more about proper motion than it is about raw strength. In fact, too much strength put into a sword cut will cause several problems that reduce effectiveness.

Lots of repetitions of proper motions concentrating on form is what you want to do. Find an instructor in a specific style who has some kind of legit credentials.

Unless you are super into the idea of slamming a wooden sword into a static target repeatedly. Because if that is the case there IS a sword style that is specific to that called Jigen Ryu:

youtube.com/watch?v=YVSONNESfyE

>wanting to hit things with swords
>not just doing rows to infinity

Everyone knows that only guys chained to oars on slave galleys were the only ones making gains back then. Legionaries were just faggots in skirts.

Take up rowing instead.

I used to be like you until i realized nobody in my area was into swords and that life isn't a video game.

I fucking cringed at your video holy shit

I hope you are being sarcastic, sword and fighting in general is about strength, asian men truly wrecked your mind, they are the ones that specifically make propaganda against strength because of how weak they are in general with their little brittle bones

WTF did I just watch?

>I hope you are being sarcastic, sword and fighting in general is about strength
Feel free to fence against any Olympic fencer. I guarantee you that you out-lift them all. Easy win, right?

Also feel free to box against Floyd Mayweather. He's a tiny manlet. Can't be that hard, right?

You can't do it if you're a weak fuck, but sword fighting is about stabbing and cutting. You need speed and endurance applied to correct form. There is a sweet spot of strength, and too little or too much strength slows the fighter down and screws up the technique being attempted.

Each type of sword shape has specific motions that make the most effective use of that shape for cutting. It doesn't matter if it's a Western blade or an Eastern blade because geometry means more than geography in this case, and people who do even the most basic honest research into both easily see the similarities of fundamental techniques where blade shapes are comparable.

As for Jigen Ryu, I think it looks ridiculous and not fun to do, but historically that school had a reputation for its students winning fights, so make of that what you will.

Ken

>WTF did I just watch

Jigen Ryu is a historic sword school that believes in winning in the first strike. They come in hard and fast with a bigger than normal sword. Intimidation followed by a crushing blow.

To beat that style you had to avoid that first cut at all costs, contemporary commentators said.

The beating the bundle of sticks is an exercise to build strength and endurance for those signature crushing blows.

>Feel free to fence against any Olympic
>Also feel free to box against Floyd Mayweather

Are you retarded? Neither of those things constitute a fight. In a real fight involving swords the bigger guy is likely going to win. In a real street fight against Mayweather the bigger guy is likely going to win.

Are you the retard, who made a thread 1 or 2 years ago, about running around, making swordfights and shadowboxing with dumbells? I told you then and I tell you again, that this shit just fucks your joints up.

Holy shit are the legs shopped?

No, I'm actually 100% positive it's the guy in the video I linked.

That sword stuff is fun for light cardio and shoulders, desu.

Top ken