Do you squat until parallel or ATG? I've seen many big guys who only do parallel (or a little lower) with juicy legs

Do you squat until parallel or ATG? I've seen many big guys who only do parallel (or a little lower) with juicy legs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he fell for the squat meme

Most competition rules say that the crease of the hips has to pass the crease of the knees. Any lower than that is wasted effort in that instance.

Dont compete but thats the rule i follow. Any higher and its not a squat any lower can impact your PR.

Squat slightly above parallel to keep tension on quads.

Just past parralel, deeper is better IF you can do it without your back rounding.

If powerlifting just go bellow parallel, else go as deep as possible as long you don't lose tightness, ATG is good to oly weightlifting because their sport require it,

bump

just under parallel on work sets, ATG everything else.

some people also have weird leg proportions and will never be able to squat ATG or parallel. here's a video on this youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk

I go below parallel, but just shy of atg. I've tried atg before, and I wind up losing tension at the bottom forcing myself into pause squat timing and losing that rebound at the bottom of the rep.

However I've found that this is the only way I feel like I can squat properly as I've tried hitting just at parallel before, and it felt really fucked up

>competition rules
literally who cares 99% of lifters don't compete

low bar past parallel

high bar ATG if you feel like it, at least break past the knees to spare them

>squats in general
Then don't bitch if people leg press instead. Squatting is literally only useful for squatting, no other applications outside of squatting. So might as well leg press and make it easier, or leg extensions f it.
Just below parallel, ATG is (allegedly) harder on the knees and difficult to do without rounding your back.

ATG but I squat not for the quads

Used to do AtG until I ended up getting tendinitis in my knee, switched over to just below parallel when I recovered and I've been fine ever since.

>Squatting is literally only useful for squatting, no other applications outside of squatting.
Are you seriously saying that squatting has no carryover to anything else?

Wow. 2017 is off to a running start, folks.

Do you want stronger legs? ATG.

Do you want to squat more weight? Parallel.

user i don't wanna hate on your logic but i don't understand it very well

At the very least, everyone squatting should go just below parallel to activate the hips and glutes.

Whether or not you should go full ATG should be dependent on your proportions, really. People with a longer femoral bone in relation to the torso have an easier time going ATG without rounding the lower thorasic. There are some things you can do to minimally reduce butt wink, but some can never get rid of it entirely and thus, shouldn't be squatting ATG. At least with heavy weight.

What he's implying is that ATG squats build "functional strength", while parallel squats only create an illusory facade of strength enabling the trainee to put more plates on his bar but not actually gain any strength.

>squatting
Have fun destroying your spine kiddo

you dont need to squat for juicy legs anyway.
Cycling will do it, it also covers your need for cardio