Why do you autists screech about ONLY SS?

Why do you autists screech about ONLY SS?
There's no reason you cant do 5x5 on the compounds and 3x12 on the isolations.

Everyone here with half a brain recommends exactly that you twit

Then most people here don't have half a brain.

Welcome to Veeky Forums

3x12 is fucking stupid

You're fucking stupid

For compounds.
Explain to me how 3x12 isolations are stupid.

Then just do SL and hit the sticky newbitch.

honestly if you are SERIOUSLY pursuing strength in the gym u should end it right now. there is genuinely no reason to waste your time pretending to be "strong" as if that matters in today's day and age literally no one cares that you can lift heavy. aesthetics through bodybuilding is only way don't fall for the meme new fags trust me

Fastest way to grow muscle
>stupid

Literally NO reason you cant be strong and aesthetic.

You stall faster on 5x5 than 3x5. 3x5 is all that's needed for a novice to make strength and hypertrophy gains. After the first month or so you should add accessories to SS, but there's no reason to do them beforehand.

Rep range doesn't actually matter to a novice, but it's easier to progress with 5 reps than 8+. Rep range also literally doesn't matter for hypertrophy unless you start doing sets that are 15+ reps.

>15+ squats
And yeah I do 3x5. 5x5 just seems silly

I wasn't just referring to squats, but any kind of movement in general. There's no such thing as a "hypertrophy range"

if you want to do strength training because u genuinely have an interest in it as a hobby go for it, but lets be honest majority of people here are autists who came here to become aesthetic and fell for this strength meme.

from my experience it seems like higher rep ranges are easier to completely fatigue the muslce/failure which tends to grow muscle

doing 5 heavy reps may require a lot of sets to feel very fatigued and even then you'll be dropping weight on your later sets

Ideally you should do sets across multiple rep ranges during a week/month. Lower percentage, higher rep sets are naturally going to be easier for your body to recover from, however.

which hypertrophy? you do know there are two types right?

Rep ranges seem kinda voodoo to me. Obviously doing 5x5 bicep curls is likely to injure so 3-4x8-12 seems good.

3x compounds a day
2-3x isolations a day
3-4x days a week

Ez

Reminder that bro splits are best of both worlds

I agree as Incorporate both, the idea of my posts was to argue why high rep workouts may help hypertrophy

There was comparison of different muscle fibers in one of the studies, but one of the groups examined were untested bodybuilders so, that I'm not positive on. It looks like the different studies were looking at overall hypertrophic instead of either type.

What ends up being more important for overall hypertrophy is the number of difficult sets rather than the number of reps per set.

Obviously neither was relevant if there was no difference in size in the studies. Stop trying to sound smart if you can't even think critically

>7 reps is never tested

you are trying to jew me out of the optimal gains rep range

Everyone knows no strength, hypertrophy, or endurance gains are made with 6-7 reps. It's like you just wasted energy for nothing.

kek

>Obviously neither was relevant if there was no difference in size in the studies.
because they never said which hypertrophy. obviously the one they are referring to is myo..

if there wouldn't be any difference every oly lifter who has been training since they were a kid would look like arnold, but nobody does. the only ones who have decent physiques are the ones that also do BB work.

You can't go wrong with SS+GOMAD

Read the fucking sticky

Progressive overload is the only thing that matters. Doesn't matter if you do 3x5 or 3x15, you will have to increase wheight, add sets, add reps etc. BUT the difference in hypertrophy comes in a high enough volume.

Fucking retard did you even read the post?
I swear to god Rippletits has an endless army of drones shilling for him.

That's literally the worst advice anyone could be given ever. Might aswell do crossfit and go vegan.

>Doesn't matter if you do 3x5 or 3x15
doesn't matter once you get past a certain point on the upper end of the spectrum but it matters on the lower end in regards to the amount of % of 1RM load being used. that's been proven by soviets and you can see the optimal reps/sets to force adaptations on prilepin's table

Yes of course. Just saying making gains is really easy in theory and not hard in practice, always have to do more than before.

Does anyone know how they measured for hypertrophy? Because if you're lifting for strength you're going to put on fat, and if you calculate the fat gains into overall size, well, you'll have two people coming out looking like they made the same gains.

^Jealous skeletons

I've been doing SS+GOMAD and I've never looked better.

Hahahahahha

Good luck looking "aesthetic" while being weak lol

Looking good.

get a haircut and new glasses

body looks good

Contacts + different haircut PLEASE

Linear progression and progressive overload is THE best way to utilize your noob gains, period. Best way to do this is through simple compound excercises, not through a bunch of meme excercises. In the first 6 months you'll look like shit regardless, you need at least a base to work with. Can't sculpt anything if you don't have the clay

Calasthenics is easier to start with and will build a good base. One that anyone save for the heavily crippled or sick can build from no matter what.

And it's been proven that bodybuilding type workouts are better for completely new lifters.

So Veeky Forumsbros what are the best accessories?

Current routine:

A
3x5 Squat (high bar)
3x5 Bench
1x5 DL
3x8 lat pulldown (will transition to pullups)

B
3x5 Front squat
3x5 OHP
3x5 Pendlay rows
3x12 Bench (@80% Day A)

Cardio
5km rowing (erg)

ACBCAxx
BCACBxx

The extra bench is due to a mental barrier with form, I injured myself benching with bad form a few years back and after reading about "grinding the groove" with GVT I thought it would be a good idea. I'll switch it out once I'm confident in my 3x5RM form.

I'm thinking of:

>seated rows
>calf extensions
>chest flys (instead of extra bench)
>shrugs

Hit me back just to chat

Honestly 100X better looking than the thumbnail.

I feel like if you are thin you can look good in the first 6 months.

If you have some sort of muscle beforehand and stick to a cut, yes.

People actually cut in the first 6 months?

You've never heard of cutting down to 12-15% before starting to bulk?

I have never heard of a thin person with >15%.

No, that's stupid. You just bulk man, gomad, IIFYM.

Eat as much as you can. I have a ton of muscle underneath this lard. I just need to cut and I am competition ready 250 lbs approximately.

I have so much muscle from doing my great SS routine. Compounds all you need!

Honestly the body is good
Just the face and everything screams dork

Why are you alternating high bar with front squats?

Dunno about those in the table but the newer ones I read often used MRT and thus compared the muscle cross section areas.

Bodybuilding is the most homosexual thing on the planet. If you aren't strength training as a noob you are wasting potential gains

0/10 b8 nek yourself fag

Found the cuck

> Aesthetics
Looking pretty is for women and fags

t. Fag who can't bench bodyweight and pretends they aren't jealous of stronger people at the gym

I stopped doing DL because there's no point if I'm going for looks.

Bench for chest gains
Squats for leg gains.

>pretending to be "strong"
but that's exactly what bodybuilding is user

bench doesn't build chest

This. Or rather, it does for some people, for others it wont do shit.

>not building glutes for the sloots
not gonna make it

3x12 favours hypertrophy
5x5 favours strength

Do some reading

Tbh its the remnants of my old routine which had low bar squats in there too. Probably redundant now, but I like front squats.

> squats
> not giving sloots for the glutes

You should do some reading instead.

Lower reps are better for strength but higher reps are not better for hypertrophy. It's higher volume that is better for hypertrophy. You can just train low reps with many sets for max gains.