>Focus on job and getting money
>Walk around naked in house
>Eat whenever and whatever
>Peace and quiet

I really love it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CGNyQ3-5CE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was never in a relationship....So not good. Im lonely af.

I love it too, but sometimes I get lonely.

Yea it does get lonely but then I just go jerk off in my living room on my 70 inch plasma and then I'm not lonely for like a good 5 minutes

Only feels lonely when I like a girl. Otherwise I don't give a shit, feels great.

Nah, man. I would love to have a gf, but my life is too hectic.

>trying to get into med school
>shit load of my time spent on school
>when not at school, either in library or gym
>have to do all that extracurricular/volunteer shit
>creating a cardiac rehab program for a low SES community

I have no social life and I'm started to wonder if being a doctor is really worth it. It's not like my workload will decrease in med school.

Help me /med/bros.

I broke up with someone and said I wasn't gonna get into another relationship, then got into one two months later. Kind of hoping that this relationship just sticks. We mostly just help each other out with things and chat a couple of times a week; kinda works out.

>We mostly just help each other out with things and chat a couple of times a week; kinda works out.

Same thing was happening to me. Talking for over a month & then leaves. no replies just leaves. She was giving me so many singles & i was giving her them too.

We've been going out for about 4 now. It's pretty solid, but we're both really busy with college at the moment.

>Free time to pursue hobbies
>Free time to work out
>Peace and quiet

Do all of those living with my gf. What would stop me?

how do you get a gf? i wish i had one. is it too much responsibility?

Not fitness related. FUCK OFF.

I'm a 2nd semester freshman. What should I be doing for med school rn and next year?

I never had one. Although if we just keep eating & going to the gym we will get there.

>second year med student
>study every day for at least 8 hours
>social life has disappeared completely
>crippling depression
>no gf
>step1 perched over my shoulder like a vulture waiting to tear my heart out at any moment

Medicine will consume you. It will take everything from you. Your soul will be crushed, but you will have learned so much. Thus is the nature of the crucible we subject ourselves to.

Honestly I'm just charismatic, confident, and good looking. I wouldn't say that based off my judgement but other people tell me enough to believe it. I always get flirted with by some amount of females in new environments.

If i were to give you one piece of advice it would be to be happy with yourself. If you're happy with who you are it's very easy to be confident, and girls love that.

It's not too much responsibility. My gf and I are have a good balance between selfless synergy, and self identity. The only real 'hard' part of my relationship is that she got raped before I met her, and suffers from pretty severe PTSD; so we work through her panic attacks and other symptoms together. I wouldnt do it if i didnt think it was worth it though.

I'm single and never lonely. The secret is having friends who are also single and want to hang.

>raped
WEW

you have no idea your words mean so much to me, thank you.

do you have crushes and go after them or do girls crush on you first?

do guys really just hang out naked when alone? how is it more comfortable than underwear with your junk hanging around?

Just keep your GPA up and do some community volunteering and clinic shadowing or some shit like that. Start thinking about the MCAT, too.

It always pisses me off when I see one of those "Typical Week as a Med Student" videos on YouTube. It's always some bitch who spends like 2 hours a day studying.

Do you use Tinder? Just say you're a med student and you're bound to get some action, I'm sure.

I wear boxers when alone. Don't want butthair on my couch

>Not taking biomed
One of housemates does this 10-12 hours a day
>Has zero social life, unless you include talking to me, and hates his degree
>No sex tonite user
>t.'rape' headache

I'm stuck doing calisthenics at home because if I go to the gym my gf will assume I'm cheating. No matter where I go except for work she automatically assumes I'm cheating and calls every 15 minutes

you're welcome.

A bit of both; it takes two to tango, after all.
The way I feel flirting goes is you present yourself to the person you want to attract by participating in the conversation you're both in, starting a conversation with her, or some other thing that's likely to get her attention in a way you want. Watch her react to the things you do and if she seems to be interested the rest is easy.

Im sure I cant be the only one who struggles with wanting to be in relationship then once you are in one, you want nothing more than to be single again. Then the cycle begins all over.

dump that bitch

I'm living the long distance relationship life.
It's ok, but very lonely. I moved for work, and now I'm looking to move back home, as I work literally every single weekend and it's impossible to make friends when your only days off work at fucking Tuesday and Wednesday.

Got a gf, but I still live alone so

Check
>Free time to work out
Check
Check
Check
Check, plus she comes over and cooks for me
>Peace and quiet
Check
Plus I have sex multiple times a week

Pretty comfy desu

I was in an 8 year relationship and have been single for 2 years (still have flings, nothing serious), but every now and then I see a couple really enjoying each other's company and it stings a bit.

to all the single autistic male on Veeky Forums
DO NOT GET GF IF YOU'RE SERIOUS

now basically I have this gf that I truly love and then my life is dependent on her
before I was confident, good looking, good life single autismo. But the big part is that I have Veeky Forums mentality. No matter how good I am to her I'm just too insecure and too desperate

having loved gf is fun and happy but if she ever leaves me I'd legitimately kill myself

Your single and happy? good for you plz never find gf that you might fall in love with

I like not committing and continuously dating younger girls. I might age, but I can still pull down to 20. I prefer 21-22, it's the sweet spot and they can legally drink.

My PTSD gf actually loves having sex, despite everything. She very rarely gets triggered while having sex, but happens more often in other situations.

Start an open relationship user. I'm in one. It's really good for keeping your freedom but still having someone at the end of the day.

>Letting a girl consume your life like this.

what does "in a way you want" mean? please explain more, this is helpful.

3rd year psych resident here. Was in your position years ago. Had to hustle like you did (i.e. I'm not a minority). When I finally made it to a top 10 allopathic school and did my clinicals I realized how much labor it took out of anyone in the profession, literally no free time for most specialties. Did my research then I decided to do psychiatry because its easy as hell. 3 years later never looked back, plenty of free time to workout and to pursue hobbies. Now I'm moonlighting and earning over 200k with easy as shirt psychiatry work which is

I enjoy it sure. I try to make the most of it but life feels so pointless.

I'm not an ambitious man and I get very little satisfaction from hedonistic pursuits.

I envy men I know who marry or at least settle very young and have someone, something tangible to push them to earn a crust.

I struggle to work jobs I don't like because what am I earning for? To sit on Veeky Forums in a different more expensive room.

become a materialist and hedonist

seriously

Pretty good.

My girl dumped me two weeks ago. Since then, I've been so much more relaxed. Going to concerts, catching up with friends, sleeping in as I please.

I'm not really sure if it's a good thing to have a gf, to be honest. I guess I'll need a soulmate eventually at some point, if only because all of my single friends will eventually get married and disappear of the social radar leaving me truly solo.

It's a head scratcher. Wat do?

yeah so much time for working out and relaxing

who needs a gf haha

I used to do public speaking and stuff for a society and I'd speak really confidently and fluently in front of a lot of people. It's a good thing to display admirable qualities like that in front of people you want to be attracted to you.

Tl;dr: If you're really good at magic tricks let the person you want to be attracted to you catch you doing magic tricks. Kicking over a wheelchair user is not a good way to attract attention, you don't want that.

I have a lot of friends getting married soon. I date around with a lot of conservative Christian girls. They are nice and very well raised, but none are really clicking with me.

Don't feel the pressure. Date around until you find someone better than just nice. I'm not forcing anything at this rate.

I'm married which is pretty great if it's with the right person

>we respect one another's need for personal space and time to ourselves once in awhile
>still free time to pursue hobbies and goals
>supportive of whatever I want to do with myself and my body (had a lot of enablers in te past that told me I was "beautiful the way" i was (fat)
>eat whereever because who eats n the kitchen these days
>walk around naked as long as no company around

how do you bank in so much? do you have your own practice or work for a corp?

would love to hear more about this, im looking to go into med, bio major currently but i might switch to something with more oppurtunitys

I work for a clinic for salary and benefits, I come in in 2-3 days and see patients during business hours. I make the bulk of my income working as a contractor in facilities that are underserved. I don't necessarily live in the underserved areas rather i usually fly there a couple times a month (there are locums positions that will pay for your flight and housing). I take 2 of these trips per month and each trip I usually earn close to 7.5 thousand for a couple days of work. Shifts are 16 hours but since I only have these trips 2x a month they are tolerable. In the end I only work 4 to 5 days a week and earn from 20k to 30k. A lot of medicine, if you are creative and willing to strategize, pays out big time. I have plenty of free time to work out a relax because of this.

feels good mate. and what's amazing is that you never know what you're missing out on until you get a girlfriend.

>get girlfriend
>she's super clingy and wants me to drive 10 miles away to pick her up and hang out every day
>start to think up reasons why I can't hang out with her
>realize I could be studying
>realize I could be reading novels
>realize I could be pursuing passions I never got into like making videos and writing
>realize I could be lifting

the only drawback is that I'm not a Chad and I only get maybe 1 date or potential girlfriend a month. having a gf is a double edged sword really, do you want the sex or do you want to enjoy life but not get sex?

> having a gf is a double edged sword really, do you want the sex or do you want to enjoy life but not get sex?

how much of a monumental pussy can you be?

just fucking dump her and deal with the highs of lows of being single as a fucking man.

fuck this generation i swear to god

I did dude lol. that's why I said it feels good.

I'm so lonely i can't stop screaming.

sorry breh i read it as
>feels good (having a gf)
>you never know what you're missing out on until you actually (have a gf)
>green text about how annoying ur gf is
>(me) having a gf is a double edged sword

quite the conundrum old chap.

How greatly did getting your MD improve your luck with women? How old are you if I may ask?

Most girls are receptive instantly once they know I am an MD, they pretty much get intimidated right away because I am in good shape and I look like I have money now. This is way different when i was an undergrad when I was poor. I did get the attention from some girls but the dynamic was different and they were quicker to say no. Back then I really wanted a GF but now I have to say the playboy lifestyle is much better, sorta unexpected now women give more attention I seek it less. I also think my confidence is pretty different, status and money wise I know I am above the 90 percentile so I am more care free. Currently in my early 30's. If you play your cards right as a man you really do age like wine.

>being one of those annoying as fuck pre-med undergrads who always talks about how busy you are because you're pre-med to people

I feel like this post is relevant to this thread kind of.

I'm a 25 year old kissless virgin and I don't care about my virginity or not having a girlfriend at all.

I know how completely pathetic it is to be a virgin at my age. But I feel like I should be one of the people constantly crying "tfw no gf" and hating women, but I don't. All i ever see about relationships from a guy's perspective, besides sex, is pain. the guy having to take initiative, do everything, pay for everything, getting upset at girls' mind games and jealousy, having to reject their friends to hang out with the girl, and how after a breakup the guy is usually pretty upset (like comes on here to cry about it) for a while while the girl is onto the next guy within a week or two and doesnt give a shit about the guy.

I feel worse for seeing the guys who come on here to cry about their gf breaking up, or not having one, because it pains me to see my fellow guys in that position, being all messed up over a fucking girl. It's not worth getting upset over.

I even feel kinda bad if I happen to meander onto Reddit's gonewild board where hot ass girls post nude photos of themselves, and I see comment sections full of guys showering the girls with compliments and feel bad for them because it's like, why do you give these girls so much validation and boost their egos even more than they already are? it's not like they would ever give you a second look in real life

And i'm not trying to act like that whole "MGTOW" or "redpill" crap where women come to me and I refuse them all intentionally. No women approach me because I'm ugly as fuck, and I don't approach them.

Something is seriously wrong with me

I'm married and do all of the things you describe.

Are you sure you aren't confusing married life with a married-with-screaming-cabbage-dependents life?

DINK life is best life.

You get a girlfriend to have kids.

The idea is to spread your genes.

If that means you have to endure a shit relationship so be it.

A 2 billion year long chain of living creatures that fucked got you here today. Don't break that chain you faggot.

Kiss a girl, fuck her, then marry her and raise your 3 kids.

Get a divorce if its that bad, at least you had kids.

>receptive
youtube.com/watch?v=CGNyQ3-5CE4

Thanks for your input. What are your thoughts on DO schools?

Don't get me wrong, I despise 90% of premeds. Bunch of neurotic people who would step over their dead grandmother for an A. I go out of my way not to call myself a premed or even talk about school IRL, but sometimes I just need to vent.

It's great

After living with girlfriends over the year I've realized over the last 2 how much lappier I am when I'm alone.

Now my career has gotten much better, about to move into my house, have lots of free time, been training harder than ever, plenty of spending money I don't have to waste on dinners and gifts. There's nothing about being married or having a girlfriend I want.

>You get a girlfriend to have kids.

lol no
You get a gf to improve your life. You have kids to ruin it.

>l
DO schools are okay because if you are good (i.e. not incompetent) you will find work without much difficulty. I would only do DO medicine if you are fine with a few things:

1. You will not get into highly desirable location for residency, just the way it works programs prefer MD's so you will likely end up where it snows or does not have building higher than 5 stories
2. Most certainly your debt will be considerably more when you factor in a your away rotations since most DO programs don't have local clinical sites.
3. You will have a stigma you are a "DO", most MD's I know look down on DO's as not making it to a "real" medical school

Otherwise it is fine. The general public will call you doctor no matter what. DO's get paid as much if you are not some fool.

Jesus christ dude, are you an undergrad and you're already trying to see how becoming a doctor will make women like you more? What, will them wanting you more because you're wealthy make you happier?

So thirsty and desperate man... what are you doing

>no time to chase girls
>wonder if becoming a doctor would make it easier given tough hours, stress etc.

Relax.

naked all the time at home unless im cold

nothing is more comfy then being naked wrapped up in a blanket when its -40 freedom degrees outside

all the time.. only time I ever wear clothes in when going outside or when someone comes over

Very important to always shower regularly.. nobody should fear sitting on your furniture cuz you go back and forth from the bathroom w/o showering

>can't walk around naked with girlfriend
what sort of catholic relationship have you been tied to?

>be me, 20, 6'4" 207 lbs, pretty big normal fag, prob about 6/10 looks
>business uni student, just sort of getting by and enjoying life, but lately have had a desire to get a gf
>only had one gf in jr high for like 9 months, other than that never really had a gf
>have hooked up with various girls, but for the most part girls just never seem to be into me enough for a relationship
>have to do a group project for a biz class, one of the guys in my group brings his random friends to hang out while we work on the project
>one girl is this cute-ish nursing student
>we sort of hit it off, later after the semester ends the guy in my group messages me and says she's interested in me and i should hit her up
>been texting her for awhile, briefly met up with her for coffee
>she seems like a seriously genuinely good hearted person, great moral character, and is a dancer so she has a pretty good body but dresses super modestly so i cant really tell, her only problem is her face is sort of meh
>just not attracted to her for some reason even though she's probably perfect girlfriend material

I don't know what my problem is Veeky Forums. I want a gf, and I have this wholesome, solid chick that is into me yet I'm ignoring her texts in favour of texting hot but vapid girls that for some reason I'm way more into but aren't into me. I think I'm just scared of getting into a long term, committed relationship at 20...

> I think I'm just scared of getting into a long term, committed relationship at 20...

You're still in school. That relationship will probably be over before the semester is.

And if it starts lasting a while, and you want out, you can always dump her. And don't feel bad for ending a relationship on a shallow reason.

EM has a pretty shit schedule tho, event tho they work 36-48 hour a week I wouldn't want to constantly be shifting from night to day shift

>plenty of spending money I don't have to waste on dinners and gifts.

This. Having a gf is dammed expensive. And I'm already poor. So no gf for me ever

wow

>be 20
>KV
>never had a gf

What should I know Veeky Forums

split up with my gf a month ago

I did whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, she actively encouraged me doing my hobbies
>Free time to work out
She worked out with me, we motivated each other
She encouraged me to study hard and apply myself
We used to do that all the time
She encouraged my bulks and cooked meals for me whenever I was hungry
>Peace and quiet
I guess

Fuck man all you've done is made me feel worse.

user you have to be comfortable with yourself first be happy that your single learn its okay. Worst thing to do is come across heaps needy. Just be confident about who you are and what you want girls seriously present themselves to you. Suddenly you are all good waking up and making both of you coffies in the morning. Honestly how i did it.

It's alright brah, just focus on moving on. Find happiness in yourself, you don't need her.

I have never met a successful med student that wasn't a completely broken individual. I stopped chasing that shit by sophomore year. Finished undergrad and things look a little uncertain for the time being but god damn you throw away your twenties essentially.

All about what you truly want and what you're willing to sacrifice to achieve it. I hope you and the others in this thread chasing med school truly want it and are willing to sacrifice wholly for it.

Also fuck organic chemistry. That was the nail in the coffin that made it certain I'd hate getting up for work despite being financially secure and more. I never studied so hard for a B- in my life.

Honestly relationships are a pain in the ass. You always have to figure out what to do, where to go, how to amuse her, how to satisfy her, text her regularly, be original all the time, read the mood... it's just a pain.

If not for the growing feeling of wasting your life with no familiy or passing on your genes being alone would objectively be the best choice.

Hard to deny that biological imperative my man. It's hard, but the lonliness can be crushing.

Nah I don't, star wars PJs, comfy t-shirt, slippers and a dressing gown if it's cold. Ultimate comfy mode. Then dress up to look decent when I'm going out.

>how is it more comfortable than underwear with your junk hanging around?
Better for it to hand freely than rub up against something uncomfortable.

...might screencap.

Sorry to burst yo bubble bro, but trust me it fades away soon probably different these days with tinder but yeah it'll come

last year i was suicidal i cant get in a relationship, just something with me cant commit and i have zero motive for first impressions with anyone so i just never converseate. its not possible to skip everything and just lie down and not talk where its not awkward silence in 2017 so i won't try

I miss her so much.

Not good, I was really happy with my relationship but it didn't work out. Now everything feels pointless and nothing energizes me anymore.

This. If it wasn't for biological pressure to be with someone, I would be fine with being alone.

Fuck. Applied in august, waiting for an interview still.
>tfw 14 out of 18 rejections
>tfw it costs $150 per school to apply
>tfw killed my MCAT but low gpa
>tfw might have to apply again/ osteopathic and have wasted the last year of my life

Im in Australia so no I actually want to kill myself

Nearly 30 and loving it. Every time I'm in a relationship its just complications, social and private drama, fights and bickering, we're always short on money after necessities are paid, the sex and cuddling just isn't worth all the hassle really.

Was miserable for 3 years in an unhappy relationship, was getting fat and lazy.

Now i have all the time the world for friends, gym, marathons, hobbies, vidya and occasionally bang a slut.

Also extra cash to go around

>how do you get a gf?
Through friends, I guess

This

>24, married with 5 month old daughter
>wife encourages me to pursue my hobbies and interests
>work out 5 times a week, every day before work
>great job that provides more than enough for me and my family
>still walk around naked all the time, she does too
>she cooks, i cook, we eat out 4+ times a week
>noisy and active, peace and quiet gets old

>gf
>lose hours of my time
>lose a lota money, even if she pays for her own shit (which prolly ain't gonna happen all the time)
>compromise gains
>tire me out so I can't do as much in terms of hobbies/work/training

I just can't see the appeal bros, it just doesn't seem worth it outside of getting a fuckbuddy or something.

One more point

If your girl is so controlling that you can't live your life exactly as you want to, then she is not the girl for you. My girl knows I'm high value and doesn't care what I do or how I spend my time. She obviously wants me around a lot, but even if I'm not she deals with it. She knows I cheat on her, but she turns a blind eye to it solely because of my high value status

>make a lot of money
>be very attractive
>have a great personality

Girls would rather share a great man then be an "alpha-widow" and go back to dating betas

>The idea is to spread your genes.
>If that means you have to endure a shit relationship so be it.
Fuck my lineage if it means I have to be miserable. look out for numero uno

Not going to tell you guys how to live your life.
But I am single and I'm pretty sure it won't change in the next years.

People think you are lonely. Not true. I have lots of friends, lots of hobbies where I meet new people. I am a little introvert so I need also some time alone to recharge. Sex? No problem. Today it is easier than ever to get laid. Go out, Tinder, prostitutes. Having friends with benefits is also no poblem. Especially FWB is a good arrangement for me. Sex, intimacy with almost no drama.

You have way more time because there is no need to compromise for your partner. You can focus on what is important to you. Travel around, your hobbies. You can use it to learn new shit, something you could even profit from. Something to help you in your career or start your own business, a passive income maybe.

I'm financially pretty well-off. No need for a big apartment because I live pretty frugal. No need for presents for you partner and her family, supporting your kids, save up for their education, expensive family trips. Being single saves you a lot of money, even small things you probably do not consider. Electricity, water, gas, phone bill, hygiene.

And it gets easier from year to year. Your investment (time and money mentiond above) pays off. Maybe you could quit your regular job and focus on your business, maybe you don't need to work full-time to maintain your lifestyle, maybe even early-retirement. It depends on how successful you'll be. It is true that men age like wine. You are more confident than you used to be, more established, you don't take any bullshit anymore, no social anxiety in uncomfortable situations...shit you learned the hard way. Experience is a major factor in general. I'm 30 now and it was never easier for me to get laid or find a new FWB. Even without Tinder. Especially when you are fit and healthy.

There are some disadvantages. But the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

>5 month old daughter
>we eat out 4+ times a week

How the fuck do you manage this? I got a 4 month old daughter and that little fucker is hard work when we're sitting at a table. Do you just suck it up and go anyway?

Yeah we usually feed her before/after and let her sleep in the stroller. We also generally eat at casual restaurants not fancy sit-down places.

Family lives nearby so we get them to babysit on occasion too.