When did you guys realise that deadlifts are overrated for hypertrophy?

When did you guys realise that deadlifts are overrated for hypertrophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l12qMvW9r44
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When did you realize that you are a beta pussy?

Since I started lifting
It's just an excercise fags do to brag about their lifts to other fags. Doesn't have any real benefit when it comes to aesthetics besides slowly crippling your spine

SHOTS FIRED

Hahaha
Go call Eddie Hall a fag.
I dare you.

Before I even started.
Who the fuck is stupid enough to think that deadlifts are any good for hypertrophy?

I deadlifted for 4 years. Got upto 5 plate DL.

6 years lifting now (2 years on without any deadlifts), I haven't lost any size anywhere, so I'm not entirely sure what DL's were supposed to be doing.

>still squat 4 times a week though.

I never got glute/hamstring DOMS until conventional deadlifts.

This.
I gained 20 pounds of muscle the first year without even doing deadlifts. I do them now (3rd year) just to do shrugs.

Das!

This. Are you fuckers retarded? It's 100% a lift for overall strength. It's purpose is just to be able to do it heavier. Nobody ever said otherwise

yeh and now you are the guy that talks about how much weight he USED TO lift

Right after I started doing heavy as fuck rack pulls and kettlebell swings.

I cut out deadlifts because of simple risk/reward

I know too many people who have visited snap city

>muh form

Candito... Etc.

Is lifting weight the goal or is looking and feeling goal the goal

PLG is in the catalog bro,

when it comes to deadlift its about lifting weight, and lifting a lot of weight makes me feel great.
I'm definitely not some powerlifting autist but lifting a lot of weight feels amazing to me

Idk man, whenever I'm doing deads regularly I look and feel better. I probably won't ever go above 300 for fear of snap city though

Squats and DL are fucking amazing together, they take care of:

>Quads
>Hamstrings
>Glutes
>Lower Back
>Traps
>Forearms

So basically half your body is covered with 2 fucking exercises and you can focus all other efforts on building your upper body. I mean you dont NEED DL and/or Squats but they save a shitton of time.

yeah and you could stop squatting and maintain your leg muscles (or even make small gains) with leg press, leg extensions and leg curls. does that make the squat overrated ? hell no.

you can substitute ANY exercise, that is not a measure of quality. name one exercise you cant subsitute if you disagree.

The test boost that comes with heavy DLs and squats is off the charts.

I feel like a king after them. Fucking manliest exercises.

After my first year I almost snapped my shit and couldn't do any lower back involved exercise for a month, after that I changed to weighted pull-ups and hyper extentions and never looked back, one of the best decisions ever, the exercise is fun and all but the risks are not worth the little rewards you can get by doing other more safe exercises, at least my two cents.

I'd agree with that

Few things feel like a max effort set of deads

After a 16th month stay in snap city though I'll have to leave that as a memory

This

Deads are fun.

What happened to canditp anyway?

>don't do heavy deadlifts
>don't do heavy backsquats
and then you complain when you snap your back
why wouldn't you snap your back?
you didn't make it to be strong

and what's your next excuse for not working hard?
never going to make it

Should I started deadlifting on leg day instead of my pull day? I also squat fyi

You forgot abs

Deadlifts and squats have a high risk of fucking up your joints in the long run even if you use correct form. Not worth it if your goal is just aesthetics.

He dropped the weight on his foot because the dumb fuck is pulling sumo iirc

Just do above the knee rack pulls

I prefer good mornings

Bout the same time i realised you need more work than diddlys for posterior chain and that they still are the lifts i enjoy the most.

>not pulling 3 plate for reps and exposing your erection through pants for the entirety of the gym to see after

Your English is awful.

better than your russian

I'm sure if he ever needs to order some vodka or a prostitute in moscow he can stumble his way through, otherwise who cares

t. triggered lanklet

Deadlifts developed my traps and neck, i dont even do shrugs
Youre all pussy faggots

How to achieve this mode

srs
pls i want this

It builds huge traps though as a side effect if you go heavy

$20 says your back is shit OP, same with everyone else who doesn't do deads or cleans.

A couple months ago. I do them like once a month now.

>Op is pussy therefore you are a lanklet
? ? ?
?
?

My back only started growing when I did high volume rows

Deadlifts did fuck all

youtube.com/watch?v=l12qMvW9r44

>being afraid of this

Deadlifts are my favorite lift. After you hit a PR you feel high as a kite. So much testosterone and adrenaline running through your body.

FUCKING CHADS, THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.

like a few years of trenning it up

Gymnastics since you are 8. Not even memeing: had a classmate who had similar physique by the time he was 15.

i like them

aso form is a meme

>believing you can automagically work up to 5 plate+ deadlift without putting on muscle

Veeky Forums

Go look at the DYELs at IPF competitions pulling sickening amounts.

How do you explain how these 'DYEL's put the weight up? You think technique alone gets you a 500+ lb deadlift?

CNS adaption and a slight increase in meme muscle mass (lower back, hamstrings)

ITT: pussy dyel manlets and lanklets that are too weak to deadlift. I deadlift twice a week and make incredible back gains. Pic related faggos

>>/plg/lgbt

Faggot away!

sqwats and diddlys
>Made 0 glute gains
>Made quad gains
>0 trap gains
>Decent ham gains
Hack squat, leg press, stiff leg diddlys, leg curls.
>Glutes blowing up
>Making good quad gains
>Traps blowing up
>hams blowing up

Ye the only good advice I got from this shit hole is oatmeal.

Squats are like what scooby says, literally a leg exercise and nothing more. If your struggling to squat with good form stop squatting.

have you heard of arms?

I backskqwat and diddly and my glutes are fucking monstrous so you're probs doing something wrong then. DEEP IS BEEF

Post arms

but I'll surely win as I have far superior speed and agility

Jeff is reaching Zyzz' age real soon. I hope this fucker just dies already, sick of seeing his ugly ass face. He kisses 6/10s thinking he's some kind of god, he will never have the same impact as aziz

the only objectively good compound lifts for aesthetics are the OHP and Row (bent over, strict form)

everything else has strictly superior isolation/dumbbell exercises which are simply better for hypertrophy. this isnt up for debate

of course you wont be "strong", but who the fuck cares, this isnt the neolithic era

>form is a meme
you can't be this retarded

I pulled 525 at 175lbs. People look at me funny cause im kinda small. I dont even try that hard so i can easily imagine someone who actually lifts pull 600+ at the same or lower weight

it is

This desu. I love heavy lower days becuase I do squatz and deadz then I'm out

this whole thread is retarded

after i got to triple bw deadlifts and hurt my back, realized i was still small as fuck.

This guy gets it. You don't need to for sure, but why wouldnt you?

Same. I was 20 when I pulled 515 at 178 lbs. When I was 22, I pulled 600 at a 185.

After I had a bigger back, butt, and traps than everyone around me

Which do you do first?

nice meme friend

His channel died because his computer did. Either cbf or never got the hardware needed to continue making vids. He does have inatagram which he ups to sometimes. He's lifting again and healthy, but other user is right he did injure himself by dropping about 6 plates on his bare foot

I never deadlifted in my life until I started having problems with my lower back.

When I do deadlifts now it alleviates the pain for a week or so.

Why the fuck wouldn't you do DL?? Just don't lift beyond your ability and end up in snap city. Builds strength, manly as fuck, excellent general gauge of how you're progressing... Only downside is if you're an idiot you can hurt yourself which is easily avoided by not being a stupid ego lifter

get a belt and u will understand

lmfao

You guys trained for absolute strength. Youre endurance however, would have been garbage.

>When did you guys realise that deadlifts are overrated for hypertrophy?

I think you mean squats. Deadlifts are an all around great exercise:

>Uses more muscle because you have to hold the bar in your hands.
>Less risk. Squats involve a rebound which could snap your shit up. Deadlifts involve a controlled set up.
>Functional. I never squat things or carry a bar on my back, but I pic up heavy things pretty regularly.

I pull 4pl8 for reps but am 140lbs. This is probably due to not eating though kek

Two things:

Mixed Grip = Less Gains

Short body = short lever arms = easier to lift more weight

Also, what is your total weekly volume (workset reps x weight)? Volume is king for hypertrophy.

>deadlifts are overrated for hypertrophy
Who the fuck cares? Why would I even want to achieve hyperthrophy in my spinal erectors or hamstrings? Literally nobody cares about those muscles. The only reason I do the diddly is the test boost and because I enjoy doing them.

Yeah I'm transitioning to hook grip atm

I'm doing sheiko 5 day so about 30-36 sets of deads @80%+ intensity

If he thinks mixed grip kills gains, I seriously doubt he's going to approve of hook any more than he does mixed.

> not wanting wickedly pumped spinal erectors that bulge through your shirts
not gonna make it brah

At what weight for DLs does snap city become real, assuming form is almost perfect?

not sure. i can do 3 plate easily. at 3.5 my form starts to slip though

i think youll only have to worry about snap city if you do way too much weight than you can handle

weight literally doesn't matter, people pull +800 completely fine and others pull 2 plate and injure themselves. Would honestly be willing to be the heavier the pull the lower the injury rate for a population since people who pull heavier probably pull with better form too.

Generally speaking if you are bracing properly and not jerking the fuck out of the bar when you pull you're probably going to be fine, unless you overwork your erectors and they strain, but there's pretty much that risk with everything in lifting anyways. Injuries happen, they aren't the end of the world, most probably will heal in a few weeks and you'll be back to where you were if not better, even longer ones usually wont be that bad if you just focus your goals on something else, like cutting or just bodybuilding for a while.

Acute spinal injuries from deadlifting are really, really rare even in idiots. In theory they can happen at any weight but anecdotally back injuries tends to happen most to beginners and then to people who aren't beginners anymore but aren't particularly strong either.

>I gained 20 pounds of muscle my first year
Wew, special snowflake

That's not due to his form or the exercise that's more because he's a dumb shit.

>hyper extensions
>safe

It's a known issue when people pull wide sumo (especially taller/wider lifters). Some people have an optimal sumo stance that is only barely inside the plates, so even a very minor shift in the weight will cause problems.

This

90% of deadlift injuries are people who think they can pull 315 the first time.

Just don't really push your limits until your confident in your form

>implying most of the hypertrophy from deads isn't in your inner back that isn't very noticeable but helps "fill out" your frame.
Guess you short armed manlets are in luck, you have no frame to fill out!

hypertrophy comes from using the bar while standing behind your shoulders. it works out almost everything.

>4 years
>5pl9 deadlift
Lmao kill yourself
I mean that

Lol how long you been lifting 15 years old ass lookin nigga