Why does Veeky Forums see to believe it is literally impossible to build decent legs without squats?

Why does Veeky Forums see to believe it is literally impossible to build decent legs without squats?

Do you really think the muscle fibres in your leg can tell the difference between tension from squats and leg press/hack squats?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-MIweO9f23A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Believing a walking pharmacy

Legpress/hack squats are for pussies with no bussiness in the gym.

If you really wanna get strong and look good, just fucking squat.

>Believing a walking pharmacy

Lmao, this. When you take as much roids as a professional BB, you hardly need to stimulate your muscles to grow, so inferior execises, like leg press will do. Just do fuckings squatz like a man.

>hurr durr u dont need squats
>just do hack squats

So what you're saying is you need squats.

I use to think that way op, all I did was leg press n other leg machines at the gym.

Then I took a pic of a qt at the gym and a white knight noticed and I got in trouble for it and kicked out of the gym.

So I put together a home gym and all I've done for the last 2 years is squat ( because it's the only way I can train legs) and my legs have never been this muscular and aesthetic compared to when all I did was leg press n shit.

There's def something special about squats I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Squatting 100kg for 10 rep sets built my legs like crazy, leg pressing like 280kg for high reps didn't do anything.

>Then I took a pic of a qt at the gym and a white knight noticed and I got in trouble for it and kicked out of the gym

Are you actually joking lmao

I wish I was lol.

Oh well, home gym is paying for itself now, so gg.

It's a good thing I guess, it forces me to do proper lifts like squat/bench/ohp/dead/chinups etc, instead of memeing around on machines because machines are simply easier. Gains have improved a lot as well.

squat is not a leg exercise only

I'll take Intensity for 1000, Alex

>Why does Veeky Forums see to believe it is literally impossible to build decent legs without squats?
Because this board is dogmatic about what Rippetoe says... Theres no independent thinking here.

the idea that doing squats somehow makes you ""superior"" is what keeps some people in here alive

Post pic my dude

Is it possible to get great legs without squats?
>yes

Are squats the best leg exercise there is?
>yes

>independent thinking
Is that you Naudi? Fitness isn't some mystery opening to interpretation. It's pretty cut and dry basic set of principles. I could just picture your ass at the doctor with cancer telling him that he needs to think independently instead of using the standard life saving treatment with a remission rate in the upper 90's.

Here is what happens when you "think independently"

youtube.com/watch?v=-MIweO9f23A

why would i wanna fuck up my back when leg press is just fine?

I ALWAYS feel sore as fuck after leg day and I never do squats

I can't wait till I hit 40 and all the squat fags have severe back and knee problems and im as good as always. Hope those tiny marginal gains you got from squatting were worth it. fucking bitches.

>dat inferiority complex doe

Can't tell if bait.

Do you guys do lunges? I have never felt more sore than doing heavy as fuck lunges. Squats are meh tier and leg press is just okay.

No I'm not a middle aged woman. Being sore != effective. I'm not getting sikkk gainz from a car wreck, you're not getting sikkk gainz from your training wreck.

Fuck white knights my man

>I worked out for 2 years
>I'm bigger than ever before!
no kidding

I do legs and shoulders together. Start with 5x5 squats, do some shrugs and shoulders, then do 4x24 reps of back weighted lunges. Nothing kills my gluts and thighs quite like lunges.

because Veeky Forums is the last place you should take actual lifting advice. have you seen the body threads? just a bunch of reposts and guys who weigh 150. the only people who look half way decent roid to get there.

squats are for competitive lifters not something we need to do twice a week.

I do weighted runs, hike, and rock climb.

I don't see an issue with Hack squat, leg press, Leg extension. As long as you are contracting the muscle hard and doing high volume and high intensity.