Other urls found in this thread:

labdoor.com/rankings/protein
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you homo?

hey I had that serious mass bag on the top row, banana flavor

good stuff

Is pre-workout a meme substance?

What's your most sold supplement?

How much of what you carry is snake oil?

Nothing legal actually works.

sorry bb

90 percent of pre workouts of the market are garbage tbqh. Theres a misconception that all you want in a pre workout is something thats gonna light your tits up. Most companies overdose the caffeine and underdose every other ingredient that you actually WANT for inter workout performance. things like citrulline, betaine, betaine, carnosyn, taurine. Choline, hordenine and higenamine if youre into more nootropic like pre-workouts.
My point is, there are a ton of good pre's out there, but shitty c4 has the most marketing so people buy into that. I personally take DVST8 by inspired nutra, and i honestly dont think theres anything better.

how many customers do you get a month
are you Veeky Forums

What is something you would NEVER EVER FUCKING EVER eat yourself?

Can I get some free supplements?
I'll shill for you.

Is it illegal to buy creatine?

Serious Mass by ON did,t do shit for me.
Cytogainer is the real deal.

I dont really have anything thats in that grey area other than fat burners. I dont even recommend those to customers unless thats what theyre specifically wanting. Im always very realistic about what they can and cant do though, and we give out free meal plans to our customers to help with weight loss.

Probably mesomorph or loco for pre workout
Dymatize or ON Gold standard for protein

How much for tren?

>implying people don't know that shit

Also Taurine is fucking garbage and does nothing if you're that afraid you should just be chewing electrolyte candies preworkout.

All you need is Beta Alinine, Glucornlacatone, and Caffeine. But if you really want some shit get some 1,3 Dim and add it to the top 3.

Tough to say, im too new so i havent installed a customer tracker, but i average around 500.00 a day right now, and over 630 since the beginning of January. Ive been open a little over 5 months.

sorry bb, as much as i love you guys, i dont want contact with any of you

I personally think quest bars are really shitty. Supplement wise? Ive never been a fan of basic chocolate protein, especially if its an isolate.

I dont understand how a 1200+ cal gainer can do nothing. Eat alot during the day, and take your gainer before bed. thats an easy 1200+ cal surplus. You "hard gainers" are just lazy

im 5'11 240lbs competing in shows and cant get a job at any fucking supplement store. why do you guys hire 180lb twigs but someone with knowledge like me cant land a job there?

what do i gotta do jesus

How would you rate this preworkout?

It's a good value at around $20 for 45 scoops - but is there anything better for around the same money? I'm a poor college student so I can't really afford the expensive stuff.

>quest bars
>shitty
they're like the only protein bar that isn't a candy bar

sorta agree, and if youre totally against buying name brand pres, then theres not going to be a way to convice you. All ill say is that most people dont want to have a bunch of raw ingredients to mix themselves, even if theyre saving money long term. And to my previous point, theres more to a pre workout than the basic ingredients. Citrulline is amazing for pumps, and personally im a big fan of pres with nootropics. Also, some people dont like the crackhead 13dmaa feeling. So if i were to buy all 10+ ingredients raw, im looking at alot more money. Easier to buy a 30 dollar pre. Not everyone is trying to shill you

What kind of under-the-counter substances do you sell?

Your resume is probably not great, you probably cant dress yourself for an interview, and you possibly have shitty social skills.

the 45 servings is a dead giveaway that its jack3d. Its honestly not that great in my opinion. You think its cheap for 45 servings, but the 2 scoop serving is only 10 grams of product and 200mgs of caffeine. I would probably have to triple scoop it feel much of anything. At that point, youre paying 20 bucks for like 12 servings. I would say to spend a little more to get something ALOT better

Its the texture that kills it for me.

Is ON protein worth the money? I typically buy Gold Standard (and ON creatine) but last time, the people at the shop tried to get me to switch to something they said was just as good but $5 less.

It's a shame that a lot of flavors have a lot of sugar alcohol which creates bad GI upset.

tastes like shit after the first few days, after that it's a chore to just drink

you sound like a cunt, why would anyone want a cunt interacting with their customers?

Do you sell steroids etc on the DL?

I only really found it shitty the first few days, after that I got used to it

How did you get into the business, how much money/time did you invest? Do you have employees that run the store, or are you working most of the time? Are you allowed to sell online (some vendors restrict this), if you are allowed, how much of your revenue comes from retail vs online orders?

I'm considering opening a small gym here in south Florida, and I would want to sell supplements and other shit for extra money. Good luck to you brother.

whats your thoughts on amino energy by ON?

If mk677 is DEA unscheduled, what exactly restricts you.from.selling it?

How do you sleep at night? Preying on the oblivious and innocent with snake oil?

I dont sell any gear. I sell PHs from Hitech that are pretty safe/mild
thinking of bringing on Sarms but im not sure yet.

The thing with gold standard is that they honestly do have the HIGHEST standards of quality. They also spend like 60mil a year on marketing, almost as much as the rest of the supplement industry combined. So theyre products are going to cost more. You can buy a ton of brands that are near the same macros, are GMP approved, and have a decent amount of isolate in their blends. Nutrex immediately comes to mind. Their muscle infusion is really cheap, tastes aweseome, while still having a high quality. Its like 10 bucks cheaper per 5 pounds. But honestly, some people just want ON no matter what. Id rather save myself some money for 20 calories of difference. With that being said, you do have to watch out for little shitty companies that amino spike. that shit is very prevalent in this industry.

>c4
>shitty

i found the retard who thinks PWOs need a bunch of superfluous bullshit everybody lmfao.

>amino spike
How do you spot that?

C4 doesnt work for a lot of people.
Does literally nothing to me

Theres a grey area with that, to be honest ive heard 2 sides and its why im not currently selling sarms. California is really stringent with that stuff.
It also depends on how its labeled, some sarms are used as "dietary supplements" while others are "research chemicals".
:(
Its just me and my brother. It took us around 40k to start. That was including all marketing and 20k in inventory. 5 months in, we have around 40k in inventory and are seeing a return. I dont currently do online sales, though i probably will in the future. Theres just too much competition online desu.

They arent Branch chained. Theyre decent as maybe a "healthy coffee replacement" due to the small amounts of caffeine. If youre looking for something inter workout there are alot of better options.

>mass ass

c4 is really shitty bro. If you dont believe that im sorry. Youre right though, there are alot of ingredients that when dosed in small amounts dont really add to your workout, but clinically dosing the above mentioned supplements will help your performance. Its funny though, if you argue with my previous post, why do you even take c4. its drastically underdosed with all the "superfluous bullshit" youre talking about. Unless you're triple scooping that cheap shit, you might as well take some creatine and black coffee.
GMP and 3rd party testing should be shown on the label. Dont get me wrong, there are some smaller companies that are honest but dont have the money for expensive testing. Just think logically, if youre buying 5lbs of protein for 40 bucks or less that claims 30g protein per a 35g serving, while being 120 cals, it might be too good to be true.

Do you actually eat all that shit yourself or are you clued up enough to know to eat clen, tren hard and be HGHappy?

Thinking of getting some mass gainer for my skeleton self so Ican get my macros easier. Would you recommend ON? Or should I just stick to normal protein?

Im natty, but not that big tbqh. I would do it if not for my crippling fear of needles.

Im trying to get my brother to roid though. Hes 6'4 225 with great size and would look amazing if he actually roided.

Serious mass is great but a little more expensive. If youre a real skellington, just get a cheaper gainer with more carbs. If youre that worried about protein content, then you can get a gainer like radical mass from gat. Better carb to protein ratio, but less calories.

If you can get all of your calories from your diet, you dont need a gainer, just a post workout protein. But if you really are having a hard time gaining, go for it.

Are you a franchise or are you independent?

How do you compete with Walmart, etc.?

Independent.

They carry dogshit brands, and if someone is shopping for their supplements at walmart, I'll never earn their business anyways so I don't see them as competition. I'm very affordable as is though so I haven't had people complain about my prices

Is your store near pittsburgh? Can i work there part time?

What kind of people are your customers? Any certain types?

I'm in Cali bruv.

White and Hispanic males between 20-40 make up like 80% of my sales

Not too many Asians and black people around here.

why do you only hire turboroiding manlets under 5'5

>I'm in Cali bruv.
Damn ;_;

What do you make most of your money on and what has the highest mark ups?

Taurines great for cramps and strains. Do you even lift though?

Do you sell creatine well and do you recommend it?

>Job interview last week at store selling Nutrional Supplements and protein powder etc
>Am very unfit, fat, out of shape, clearly not suited to such a place
>Decided I needed to show off my knowledge of supplements
>Did lots of research online
>went to a rival store and bought lots of supplements
>Bought Iron
>Omega 3 fish oil
>Vitamin D
>Magnesium
>went to interview with a plan
>would take a supplement before answering each question and pretend to show off the positive effects during my answer
>get to interview, wear short sleeved shirt to show my biceps
>asks if I have any prior sales experience
>take an Iron supplement
>loudly say 'I TAKE IRON TO BEAT ANEAMIA, SO I WON'T BE PALE,NOBODY BUYS FROM A PALE LOSER'
>that was my answer
>he says 'uhhh OK user. Tell me, what do you see your day being like in this role?'
>take Omega 3 oil from pocket and consume
>'I TAKE OMEGA 3 FOR MY BRAIN SO I'LL NEVER FORGET THE DAY, AS IT BENEFITS MEMORY'
>'user, stop taking pills. This isn't a joke this is an interview'
>get intimidated, apologise and ask to be let go
>he complies

fuck you OP

> this is the sort of person giving you advice on Veeky Forums

I dont have employees bb

It's mostly secondary supplements and vitamins that are the most profitable. Things like bcaas, glutamine, creatine etc.. I can make like 10-15 bucks on those items. Pre workout is somewhat profitable. There is absolutely no money in protein. The market is just too competitive, and the price to make it is already expensive as is.

For example, I buy a 5lb tub of gold standard for like 51 bucks, 47 if it's on special. Bodybuilding sells that same bottle for 57 bucks.

Yes, creatine is something I feel like everyone should take regardless of their goals. And it's dirt cheap

what's your opinion on making your own pre-workout. buying some capsules, buying some DMAA and stuff and just do it.

kinda already answered this in a previous post but i can go into more detail. There are so many different ingredients you can use in a pre so it all really depends on what you want. If all you want in your pre is creatine, dmaa, and beta alanine then by all means, buy the raw ingredients and save some money. But the thing is, i personally dont like DMAA, that shit makes me sick, but i do love other focus enhancers in my pre workout.

My pre workout would consist of 350mgs of caffeine, 8g l citrulline, 5g creatine, 5g betaine, 5g carnosyn, choline, theanine, huperzine, alpha gpc

to buy all of those raw ingredients would be really fucking expensive, id rather just spend 35 bucks every month or so on an actual high quality pre.

I do plan on starting my own supplement line in the next couple of years, but meeting all of the standards is really expensive.

how so you sleep at night knowing you're scamming people?

*tip'd

What products am I scamming people with exactly?

I don't really have any questions, just wanted to thank OP for a very informative and interesting thread. Don't see too many of them around here, cheers bud

Am I pissing away my money on this GNC preworkout?

What should you look for in a preworkout?

thanks brah, appreciated

its honestly ok. For someone whos been taking pre workout for a while, i dont think i would feel a whole lot. clinically dosed with beta alanine, very small amount of creatine, 3g of citrulline is not bad. It has arginine, but not norvaline to combat the arginase, so thats kinda pointless.

id say 6.5/10, if its cheap and you have a low tolerance to stims, id say go for it.

What are good "tells" of a good pre-workout, when looking at the ingredient list?

Y'all should stop spending giant amounts of money on Placebo shit supps.
Omega 3 if you don't eat enough fish.
Vitamin D if you don't get enough Sun.
BCAAs if you train fasted. And Whey if you have problems with getting enough Protein.
That's basically it. Everything else just makes your piss expensive.
labdoor.com/rankings/protein

thats kinda a long answer and at the end of the day really depends on what you look for in a pre.
There are real easy things to look for though, like how big the scoop is in relation to the amount of servings youre actually getting. for example, its my personal opinion that if youre only getting a 10-12g scoop, then its hard to mix alot of ingredients in their actual CLINICAL dosing. So for example, a clinical studied dosing of creatine is 5g, carnosyn is 3g, citrulline is 4-8g(more if its citrulline malate), betaine is 2g. If i wanted all of those in a pre id already be at a 18g scoop, and most companies dont want to spend all that money to give it to you, theyd rather list of those ingredients but underdose them.

My point is, depending on the type of pre workout you like, whether its something thats just gonna light you up, or if its something thats going to give you a great pump, theyll probably have different ingredients, but the ingredients that they do have should be dosed in a way that they ACTUALLY work.

thats why im a big fan of pre workouts like dvst8, loco, and outlift

Do you deliver?

I deliver to local gyms, not to peoples houses

Casein > Whey

depends

What if l have a home gym?

Can you let me have some free stuff

we dont deliver to autismos

if you pay for shipping ill send you samples

DVST8 Looks okay, I like that it doesn't have creatine in it. Little expensive.

My favorite pre was hemavol. It tasted good and the pump was killer. I tried a lot of pre and none of them really got my brain or body ready to go. I have a GSP pre or w.e it is and I get sick from taking it.

dvst8 is cheaper at retailers. They mark it up on their website so they dont compete with their stores. Hemavol is solid from a pump standpoint for sure, i stopped carrying the product because every fucking bottle clumped up into a rock.

Why spend so much money on pwo when you can just stir a spoon of instant coffee with cola?

why reply if you dont read the thread

There's a supp shop by me i'll be sure to check it out.

Why don't you carry SIPS

Because Bang energy is superior in every single way you pleb

How can I convince you or other salespeople to get a discount?

How'd you get your initial capital? Beg investors, save up, inheritance lottery?

Where are you located, rural, suburban, city whatever and what kind of inventory turnover do you get?

What do you think of Legion Pulse?

I decided to spend the extra money and I really like it. Decided to look it up on labdoor after a month and it's rated #1.

What do you think of labdoor as well?

alot of supplement shops price match. If i customer is being extra jewy and hes looking at body building.com, ill usually take off 15%
it compensates for the shipping costs and the customer gets his product right away.

Me and my brothers just had money saved. I didnt want to get credit and be stuck in debt in a business. Weve worked within our means inventory wise and are now fully self sufficient. Weve been able to cover all overhead since the first month, and are now seeing a return in the 5th month.

Legion pulse is a great pre workout! The dosing is amazing, and the only thing its missing is creatine. But i understand why they ommited it as some people dont like it. I loved it tbqh.

I think labdoor is okay, i feel like they used to be amazing and 100 honest, but their rating system is a bit weird like their "true to label rating" that should be weighed accordingly. I can put out a shitty low dosed product, but i can make it 100% true to label. That just means that im honest about my shitty product. Not only that, but there are so many supplements out there that they cant possibly have accurate ratings for everything. I also see alot of very new supplement brands on their charts. I have a feeling theyre now taking money to advertise companies as the top brands. I get it, i just dont use them much anymore. Do your research

How's business?

Biggest volume seller?
Biggest profit margin?

I want to know for when I open a gym and make/shill my own supps

I saw you post earlier about not having an online store, as someone who does a lot of business online and also orders supplements online I'd suggest starting one. It's cheap, and if you sell DMAA pre workouts and hi tech pharma products you won't really have many competitors and won't be competing with bb.com

IMO all you need to do to successfully sell your products online is build a good reputation and go above and beyond in the customer service department, 99% of these online supplement shops are either really shady or just tell customers to get bent if they have an issue with their order, so I don't think it would be hard for you to be competitive

Yo where in Cali

Biggest volume seller is dymatize and ON but that will always be the case. The brands that I make the biggest margins on are my independent Brands. I still have a pretty high standard for the products that I carry in my store, and because of that I'm honestly making a little bit less profit than other supplement shops. I don't try to push the cheapest shittiest product for profit, all of my products are legit. When I find independent brands that put out quality products I try to gain exclusivity with them so that only I can carry them in my area, that's what I would strongly suggest you try to look for. For large established companies, I would recommend working with nutrex and Get. They're pretty reasonable if you're ordering large amounts

I 100% agree with you and will eventually get it done, the only reason I have yet to start an e-commerce page is because I am pretty new and there's a lot of competition around me so I'm not so comfortable advertising my price on my website yet for others to undercut. I feel like once I'm established, I can move higher volume, give even better pricing and it won't affect me. For now I just have an informational page.

Going great! On pace for my first 20k month after only 5 months in business. I'm growing consistently month to month, and can see myself hitting 220-250k in my first calendar year if everything keeps progressing.

It's a secret m8

Hey suppbro, I'm a college student training for a collegiate national competition for Judo (its just wrestling with clothes)

I'm currently lifting four times a week, and practicing 8-9 times a week. My peaking program is tailored very well, but I am having a hard time with recovering inbetween workouts throughout the day without sleep. I will either train 7-9 am then lift later, and on my busy days I will lift 7-9, practice 2-3:30, then 7:30-9:30

I am drinking a lot of water and trying to salt and sugar myself up, but I only feel 'good' during the first practice of the day.

What is the easiest way for me to get back to the best energy level after each go? Should I be ingesting carbs and whatnot during my workout? It's not just general calories, I'm shoving 4k+ in and still gaining a little bit of weight a week (sub .5 lbs)

People have recommended the coconut water meme, and some chewies?

Have anything in mind to keep my energy level up? Most of my calories come right before bed, after my final night practice or when I get home, and if I eat in between I'll get kinda sleepy. I'm kinda mentally stuck here.

Thanks bb

How much was the initial investment?

I don't want to make it seem like supplements are going to be your savior. Point blank, you have a pretty damning schedule and above everything, you probably need more rest. I would obviously cut out the lifting on your 2adays, but if you're set on keeping your schedule, I would get a high quality BCAA for inter workout training. Glutamine and creatine at morning/night. There's also a great product called glycofuse by gaspari. It's a really fast acting carb, way better than maltodextrin, doesn't spike insulin. You can take that a little before you train and even during your training and it will keep your glycogen levels high. It will give your body much needed energy and fuel. Look it up and see if that's something you think youd like. Other than that, get enough broteins through your regular diet and you're good man

Around 40k-46k

Yo where in Cali? LA?

Anything without substantial scientific research indicating safety and efficacy.

Thanks. I'll try and pick up some glycofuse asap.

My work capacity is retardely high right now, and I'll be transitioning this to max strength gains soon.

Open to anyone here, but it's almost as if my mental sharpness isn't there in my later practices. I don't feel necessarily fatigued or weaker than normal, I'm still slammin dudes, and my large pickups feel good. But i get this indescribable mental fog, and I have no idea how to counter it.

Also are bcaas actually that helpful at large levels of caloric intake, keep in mind I am retarded and haven't done any research on them at all? I'm eating about 2lbs of ground beef a day, five or six cans of sardines, and probably 2 or 3 cups of cashews, and whatever carbs I can get.