Can't lose weight

Hey Veeky Forums fatty here. I can't seem to lose weight. I'm 253 lbs at 5'9" right now. I'm on an upper/lower split program right now so I workout 4x a week. Every tdee calculator I've used says I need 3300 kcal to stay the same weight, but I've been eating 2200 kcal a day. I can't lose weight and I stay at 253 lbs. Has anyone had a similar problem? pls help I just wanna get lean and aesthetic

Other urls found in this thread:

getdrunknotfat.com/
aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You are not measuring your calories right or are mistaken about your TDEE caloric intake.

EAT FUCKING LESS HOLY SHIT

If you aren't losing weight at 2200 calories a day (which i doubt is true since you're so fucking fat) then eat 1800 calories a day. It's SO FUCKING EASY TO LOSE WEIGHT.

Kill yourself for posting this thread.

What do you do for workout?

This is the problem. There is no doubt in my mind that I'm counting the calories correctly - I have a food scale and weigh everything I eat. At 2200 kcal a day I feel like I'm seriously starving so I'm scared of eating less. If I can't find a reason why I'm not losing weight then I'll have no choice, but to cut more calories. I was hoping someone had a similar issue before that could give me some insight.

Upper/lower with one day being focused on strength and the other on volume. Honestly one of the best ways to approach lifting as a natural.

Sorry, but you're not some marvel of physics. You're just FUCKING lazy and stupid. Eat less and stop lying to yourself.

Cardio, specifically HIIT

You have diabetes

Harsh way of putting it, but this user is correct. I'm an adult male, same height 5'9, 160lbs 10%BF and I lose weight if I eat below 2,500 calories (while doing zero cardio).

Post the exact meals you're eating, including measurements.

How long has this been going on?
Have you been tracking your weight daily?
Are you sure it's not a water retention problem?

Cardio helped me lose 20ish lbs.
165 now from 194. Seriously run and lift alot. I eat like 1800kcal a day from my 2100kcal tdee. Results will come slow but u can do it fatbro

In my experience the people that shout PHYSICS are generally dumb and have no real understanding of energy balances.
S-stop it user. Diabetes runs in my family. Is this really a symptom?4 quesadillas
56g of cheese (180 kcal)
8 small torillas (400 kcal)
2 scoops of whey protein (400 kcal)
112g of spaghetti (400 kcal)
Half a cup of pasta sauce (90 kcal)
4 large eggs cooked using cooking spray (280 kcal)
220-260g of sweet potato (~250 kcal)
Some sort of sweet as of right now I've been eating these oatmeal cookie things (160 kcal)

Total: 2130 kcal

It's been about 2 weeks since I've lost any weight. I weight myself everyday. It might be water retention, but I'm not sure how to tell.

Thanks breh. At 253 lbs I'm straying away from any running so I'll incorporate more walking and cycling after lifting.

>shouting the truth makes you dumb

Sorry, but if you're supposedly eating below your TDEE and aren't losing weight, you're fucking up somewhere.

How the fuck is that your maintainance I'm 228lb and mine is 2400, plus I'm eating 1680 a day

Lol you dumb nigger your Maint weight is fucking 2500kcals. You're never gonna lose any reasonable amount of weight at 2200.

He put in Moderate Exercise instead of using the Sedentary option like a dumbass

>that diet

Didn't know this was a troll thread, have a smug buddole.

Even at that he would have had to put in how many hours he did on most calculators

>trying to lose weight
>eating sweets at all

You deserve to stay fat.

You would have an easier time cutting back on your eating if you ate less calorie dense foods. You are basically just eating cheese and dough.

Yep. He has no idea what he's doing and wants to bitch about that fact to us.

P H Y S I C S
H
Y
S
I
C
S

>tfw you want to help people with advice but people are too far up their own ass to realize they're WRONG.

Sad.

kek

I lost more than 100 pounds and I currently weigh 180. I started out by eating one hamburger helper a day every day. Worked for me user you could try doing that for a month and see if you lose weight.

>I started out by eating one hamburger helper a day every day.
What did he mean by this?

That he's a liar or he weighed 300+lbs

Hamburger helper is a meal in a box, you fry a pound of ground beef and add the pasta and sauce and water. Some of them give me diarrhea within 20 minutes of eating it though idk why

I did weigh 320 when I started. I had to switch to normal food at around 220 though

Are you really calling other people dumb, and trying to say your lifting program is "the best" all while being a 5'9" tub of lard who claims to not be able to lose weight? Am I getting that right? This has to be bait

This is not a productive diet for someone trying to add muscle and drop BF. Insufficient protein, mediocre carbs from tortillas and spaghetti (neither foods of which should be eaten regularly until you have the hang of your REAL tdee), and sweet snacks.

It's okay to include some of that shit once you know how to nail your calories and macros every day, but your diet isn't even fulfilling the basics of IIFYM. And I'm assuming you have other stuff that you eat other days that are equally off the target.

Download myfitnesspal. It's free, use it to track literally everything you put into your mouth.

No one here gives a shit if you're lying about what you REALLY eat, but coming from someone who does personal nutrition/fitness training as a side gig, I've never once seen someone with a *correctly* calibrated tdee cutting deficit (followd consistently for longer than 2 weeks) not lose weight, especially at the 30+ BF% you're currently at. The pounds should be melting off quickly in the early stages so long as you're hitting -500 or higher calories per day deficit.

OP. I was in your situation.

For some time I was 320lbs and began lifting 4x a week (upper lower split as well). I added in 30 minutes of cardio each weekday. This was over the course of last year.

I still could not lose the weight because I was not counting calories.

When I started counting, I began to lose again. Its fast at first, very fast for the first 5~15lbs, but after that it is slow. This may be what you are experiencing.

I'm down to 297 now since counting calories a little over a month ago. I keep below 2300 calories each day, often times coming in at around 1800~2000. I do not count my exercise against that figure.

My wife is on a (mostly) liquid diet of under 1000 calories in preparation of getting a Gastric Sleeve surgery. She is 328lbs and has lost 8lbs in the two weeks that she has been on this diet.

You can do this, if you are strong enough. We are proof. Keep with your program. If it is not working out, make small adjustments and give it time. The most important thing is that you stick with your routine while fitting in small adjustments so you stick with it.

If you're going to call someone a dumb ass at least do it directly you pussy and know what you're talking about. I used three different calculators using the sedentary option. See pic.

Yes it's pretty shit as far as micro nutrients go, but I'm a poor full time engineering student and this works the best for me right now (as far as prep time is concerned).

This by no means is an excuse for the poor diet, but this brings up another point: For the people yappin about physics then isn't the only thing that matters is calories? Calories in vs calories out right guys? It looks like Veeky Forums can't even come to a consensus on this even in the same thread!

It is a small (about the size of of my palm) pastry. Why did you not complain about the sweet potato? You sound like a douche desu.

Again, I don't think I'm overeating. The question is whether I should cut back my calories in the first place. Also, why do you mention cheese like it's a bad thing? It is literally two servings in one day.

>sweet potato
>comparable AT ALL to a littl Debbie

Hahahaha

This is your actual TDEE you fat lard. Try cutting by more than 400 and stop eating sugar and garbage carbs.

>Wifed a lardass
Top cuck

>this works the best for me right now (as far as prep time is concerned).

Enjoy staying fat. Your diet is total shit. Spend the time making the right food (once you know how, it takes just as long as making shit food) or shut the fuck up.

Personally I've found that protein is not as important as people tend to imply. I used to eat about 200g a day, but over the time lowered it to about 70-100g. I did not notice a difference in muscle retention or strength. You make a good point about the tortilla and spaghetti considering they may have some effect on my body I'm not aware of, but keep in mind this is not what I eat every day (that would be boring).

I would not lie about my shitty diet believe me. I have nothing to hide. Do you think I should go even lower than 2200 cal then? Thanks for the input, you and a few others have actually been helpful.

Thanks I will keep going for sure I just need to get over this roadblock.

>Is a lardass
>Wifed a lardass
???

>2 weeks
that's very little patience. In such a short period you have more fluctuation than real long time result

Eat quark. Filling, ridiculous protein and very low calories. Best food for cutting hands down.

Anyone else god tier food suggestions? Gonna start cutting soon.

Banana for breakfast, apple/blueberry/quark/almonds for snacks, chicken wraps, ???

>200g protein

No one suggests this. For your height, 100-120g will suffice. However, macros are not as important at this stage.

Oatmeal prepared usin water with some fruit or brown sugar mixed in.

>once you know how, it takes just as long as making shit food
I disagree completely. But I'm willing to include recipes you have to offer. I'm guessing you won't have any though since you don't seem to want to help.

What's a garbage carb. I never heard of this term.

There are "good carbs" and "bad carbs". The good ones are complex carbs. These take longer to break down, keeping you fuller for longer. Simple carbs are the bad ones. They break down very quickly and don't keep you very full. Any form of processed grain or starch is going to be a simple carb. This includes almost all breads, noodles, and junk food. Whole wheat or whole grain items are going to be better for you because they are lightly processed and retain more of the grain than processed versions.

Examples of complex carbs are rice and oats.

Lettuce prep time=0 minutes 0 seconds

your fat because you eat like a fatass

/thread

Here's my staple lunch I take to work, cold chicken/spinach salad:

-Pre-cooked chicken breast, sliced
-Spinach, I dunno how much, enough to fill half a tupperware container
-Handful sliced almonds (unsalted, unactivated)
-2-3 tpsb crunchy won-ton strips

No dressing, because I'm not a bitch. It takes 5 minutes to make in the morning, and 25-30 to cook a weeks worth of chicken on Sunday.

All of my other meals take 5-10 mins prep each.

You are lazy asshole who only feigns the desire to change. Go read a book on nutrition, you're only going to find memes and harsh truths here.

white rice is a simple carb, and even brown I wouldn't call complex. Oats are pretty good though

Actual complex carbs: fruit, sweet potato, peas, carrots, other grains like oats(barley, quinoa, etc.)

Lookup The Protein Chef on youtube, countless high protein, large portion size (but still low calorie) recipes and how-to's. I've used his recipes countless times over the last 3 years.

Garbage carbs are "simple" (as opposed to complex) carbs, usually from high sugar foods like spaghetti sauce and prepackaged snacks. They don't keep you full the same way slower digesting complex carbs do (IE oatmeal, rice) and a prone to cause insulin spikes, which make you feel like you aren't full and need to eat more.

You can cut calories further to around 1,800-2,000, but in order to do that and not be constantly hungry you are going to need to rehaul the food you eat dramatically. Lot's more fiborous veggies, better carbs as mentioned, purer protein sources like chicken breasts, tuna, lean ground turkey, nonfat greek yogurt.

I'd say that brown and wild rice are complex enough for the discussion.

And actually, fruit is a simple carb. They're processed pretty quick. They do have a fairly decent supply of fiber depending on the fruit though.

eat every 4hours. eat clean and natural. water only

fuck up u closet faggot

>You are lazy asshole who only feigns the desire to change.

You got all this from one thread? I have never made excuses or resisted any advice so you're jumping to conclusions too quickly. But you're right, Veeky Forums is shit for anything other than memes or big asses. Time to leave this mess.

Butt hurt landwhale spotted

just tired of these faggots, his advice was shit and hes prolly a manlet irl

>Yes it's pretty shit as far as micro nutrients go, but I'm a poor full time engineering student and this works the best for me right now (as far as prep time is concerned).

>You are lazy asshole who only feigns the desire to change.
>You got all this from one thread?
Yes, yes I did.

You're mad as hell fat boy

your advice was shit, been working out a couple months bro? hugggggeee cunttt

What's the point of that quote? I offered a reason as to why I ate those foods. I asked for healthier, quick to make recipes and I received some suggestions. I will incorporate some of them from now on.

You know nothing of my work ethic, but I'll leave it at that.

Most anons ITT
>hurr durr eat less

If you're just starting lifting and going fairly hard, you have probably put on some decent muscle, which weighs more than fat. Have you noticed a difference in the mirror? And are your lifts going up?

>this retard

Hahaha, you're op aren't you?

Most estimates of TDEE are way too high (200-300+ calories high.) They grossly overestimate general physical activity.

People who don't diligently record their food intake also eat more shit than they realize without knowing it or forget to include oils/sauces in their calorie totals.

A third reason is people eating calorie bombs at restaurants and erasing a weekly 2k calorie deficit instantly. If you're not paying attention and you're used to being a fatty it's easy to slam 4K calories in one meal.

how long have you been doing this?

>inb4 1 month

Hi Veeky Forumsbros. I'm currently trying to lose weight. I'm ~5'11" tall and weigh like 209 lb (1,78 m and 94 kg). My weekly routine is 3 days of muay thai training (tuesday, thursday and saturday) and 3 days of stationary bike (1 hour in almost the heaviest change).

I cut carbs this week. Currently eating oat in the mornings and a small bread in evenings. The rest is fruit, water, protein and that small amount of carb. My diet makes up to 2000-2200 cal. Does drinking (I only drink wine and beer, cus' liver complications) really fucks it up?

Do you think I can lose 5 kg by the end of this semester and 10 kg by the next year? All comments are welcome, thanks for reading

Seriously?

If your maintenance is 3300 calories, then there is absolutely no way that you're not losing weight at 2200 calories. That would be going against physics itself.

You're obviously not counting calories correctly, or are snacking/drinking your calories without realizing it.
Or not burning as many calories as you think you are with your workouts.

Quit being a fat piece of shit and don't yell WRONG when people tell you where you're fucking up.

awww someone's mad that they don't have enough discipline to not be a fatass

About the same but I am 190 and 6'0, I drink only on the weekends but I do higher proof rum and diet soda for calorie purposes. Wine is okay but stick to red wine.

I am trying to get to 175-180 or around there for summer. I do around the same diet as you but some advice. You may want to look into a crockpot for some meal making on the cheap with high protein payoff.

Also, you don't have to do cardio but doing some longer walks is a good way to offset anything from drinking

holy shit you're actually retarded

Why not cardio? I have received conflicted opinions about how to lose weight. Some people defend cardio, others like you prefer walking 20 to 30 km. Can you please explain why walking is better?

Thanks por the advice about the protein. But sadly my budget is not that good, so I can only eat turkey, pig pulp or tuna :(

Lastly, is beer too difficult to burn?

That's more cardio than I thought you did misread, my bad. I've just found doing more frequent cardio in shorter distances daily 4~5mi works better

>But sadly my budget is not that good

Crockpots are like 20 bucks for a 7 litre one, and you can basically get 7-10 meals out of it for close to 20 bucks, for a lot of protein. Obviously it will depend on what you buy but usually making chili's, curries, and the like is easy.

>Lastly, is beer too difficult to burn?
Not really, it just has a stupidly high amount of carbs per AVB
getdrunknotfat.com/
Good site to use that breaks it down. Gin has 96 cals per 1.5oz @ 80proof meaning you get about a beer and a half out of 96 calories.

Read this. It cites a ton of studies. Good stuff. Basically, only thing that matters is calories in less than calories out.

aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

You are making excuses so you can eat more.

You think you're gonna die by cutting more calories?

You could probably last a decade without eating you have so much fucking fat on you

omfg I fucking lawld so hard "Unsalted, Unactivated"

and a picture of fucking sean murray's stupid face

Fatfag here, are Kcals the same as Cals?

but eating is the next best thing i like to do
i literally am so bored to stand up walk aronund the house and open the fridge

Try playing time consuming video games

A few weeks ago when I discovered RimWorld I literally only moved from my computer chair to go to the gym and ate fairly sparely
I lost about 2kgs in a week

Keep at it. I was 260 like over a month ago and stayed at that weight for a long ass time even though I started to eat less and ate better. Now I am 250 so I have definitively lost 10 pounds. You just have to let your body get used to it. Also I noticed that since I started lifting and eating better my confidence has gone through the roof and I am a lot more interested in academics.

>At 2200 kcal a day I feel like I'm seriously starving so I'm scared of eating less. If I can't find a reason why I'm not losing weight then I'll have no choice, but to cut more calories.

you're not losing weight because you're eating too much you fat fuck

are you getting your calorie information from the containers? most of these are wrong...
2 scoops whey protein is whey less than 400cals and 8 small tortillas is more like 750 cals.

either way you're a dumbass and everyone in this thread is right. If anyone who weighs 250lbs eats 2130cals a day they will lose weight. pretty rapidly too.

I hope you realize that liquids also have calories. If you havent replaced all your dink with water fucking fix that

Guys I can't gain weight no matter what I try. I'm 6'5 112 lbs and I'm eating 6,000 calories a day. Why can't I gain weight?

>drop one addiction for another one

just use cals

Cut to about 1500 a day and it'll drop off. Make sure that your meals consist of shit like boiled sweet potatoes or rice, chicken or fish, lots of steamed/boiled brocolli and veg and have soup for lunch and oats for breakfast - it's what I've been doing and I've dropped 59 lbs so far. Oh and I go for intensive 2 hour walks every other day.

No drinks op? Any sodas? Drinking any calories?

Fruit is simple as fuck carb you mongoloid

"Just eat less bro"
Felt like crap today. Been chugging water to not feel like shit. Helped but I felt tired. I should have loaded that 'salad' up with more cheese and cream.

>if I eat almost zero calories I'll lose weight even faster!

Nigga wtf are you doing?

No memes, no bullshit read the fucking sticky, Yes all of it, read through all those links recalculate your calories, there's literally a link right on the sticky. Actually MEASURE shit with a SCALE, a little digital one you can buy for llike 15 bucks at any general store. Show us your new diet and we'll see if it'll actually garner you results.

>8 small torillas (400 kcal)

Nigga I just googled, 1 small tortilla is 94 calories. You are eating 720kcal worth of tortillas, there goes your whole "deficit."

It was only yesterday. I took out a whole chicken today and I'm going to brine it and bake it. I usually eat a bit under goal weight. NEET so I don't meal prep.

>starving
>staying the same weight

>NEET so I don't meal prep.
Doesn't being NEET mean you can easily prepare your meals?

I'm pretty poor right now.

Please kys if you think this is actually legit.

When people say calories they mean kcals. Everyone says calories because its simpler.

An actual calorie is way too small to use compared to kcal so when people say calorie they ALWAYS mean kcal.

It's not 2500kcal per meal....
It's per day

How long have you been on the diet? If you're not losing weight then you're obviously not eating below your TDEE. Try calculating the calories in the things people often tend to ignore like oil & garlic used while cooking, ketchup etc. You'll probably be amazed how much you're actually consuming. If it goes inside your mouth, it's gotta be accounted pfor. If you really wanna make it, you even gotta account for the spit you swallow while you kiss your girlfriend. Good luck user