How can a man rebuild himself after severe trauma?

How can a man rebuild himself after severe trauma?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D3nER_Ym-BU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Willpower. Realize that your thoughts will become things. In Bodybuilding and in everything else. So think positive. There is more love, health and wealth than you imagine. Take it, it's yours.

that and patience.

it's gonna take time. a lot of it, but don't let it work against you.

In the image of the man capable of overcoming the trauma

Any examples?

GOMAD

Depends on the trauma, obviously.

But lets say you were raped in prison:
>Cry about it for a while
>Watch Thief (1981)
>Attain the James Caan mindset
>Gaze lovingly at images of whoever your fitness inspo is
>Combine the two
>Become the guy too tough to rape

You can't change the past, but you can change yourself. Forgetting is impossible (and so is "moving on", a pointless, meaningless term), but knowing you've grown from it, and that it won't happen again, will bring a sense of peace and comfort about it, even if not entirely.

Unless you're talking about a traumatic brain injury, in which case, listen to your neurologist.

>be me, 16
> guy runs over me, breaks my pelvis
> have to go through 6 months of physical therapy and learn how to walk again
>PT hurts like a bitch, but I want to run cross country again, was also going to a NASA facility for a week in the summer
> inb4 nerd
> needed to be able to walk again for it
The point being find something to focus on, to motivate or simply piss you off, and use that energy to drive your recovery

>how do i do x
You just fucking do x.

Fuck your trauma. You are not special. Nobody is.

I fucking hate crybabies because i was one. Stop looking for excuses. You want something? Work for it. Otherwise shut the fuck up and stop asking stupid questions on my board.

Basically what this guy said. It can be hard, but theres never any easy solution. I tried all kinds of therapy and drugs over the years and in the end the only thing that worked was just manning the fuck up and doing the things that fucked with my head. Now I'm a somewhat decently functioning member of society, if perhaps a touch autistic.

Did you learn to walk in time?

>Physical trauma
The human body is pretty amazing in the things it can overcome. 3 years ago I had a total rupture in a herniated lower back disc. Now I've gotten back to the point of 5x10 back squatting 225.

>Mental trauma
I think at the end of the day to most important thing to remember is that no matter how terrible you feel or what terrible thing was done to you the sun's gonna come up tomorrow... Life still goes on and there's really no reason to dwell on bad things that have befallen you. I really think this is the main thing that separates the way our generation views their troubles versus how our grandparents and great grandparents did .

Yeah. It was like one of those sports movies where the team scores with one second left

I will most likely have physical impairment for the rest of my life and I'm in pain every day. I want to get to a point where it is manageable but it's been two years since the trauma and it hasn't happened. On the mental side it's not something that I can talk to people about and I've already tried to hero over it. I have no idea where to go from here.

Belief can change the nature of a man.

Psychfag reporting in.
It depends on the trauma and several other things. If you want to be more specific maybe I can tell you more. Therapy is always a (good) option if you can afford it.

How serious of a physical impairment user? What is this this thing you just can't talk about that is making you feel awful?

Also, all these poster going on with "just suck it up and find your strength inside yourself" and the narrative of hope "it will all be fine just keep going" may not be helpful at all. Because they address the symptoms, not the cause. It's similar to those "just be yourself" tips, they leave you clueless and without real understanding. Their advice is good and their intention is admirable, but if you're really alone and resourceless in dealing with it, it won't be enough. Sometimes playing the motivation card is right, but if you're entangled in your thoughts you need to talk with someone (a real person, not anons online) to give you good perspective on things and help you out of the depression/anxiety you're dealing with. So, again, if you can: go to therapy.

I have a therapist. It's not doing much.

Organ damage from a rape.

You're a man and you've been raped?

yes

it's not uncommon. the lie that it's rare helps keep victims quiet and ashamed.

You've been anally abused by another man?

itt: optimists happy to be going nowhere

there is no recovery from trauma, OP; there is only management of its effects on a person. In managing those effects, you can become great. The traumatized individual will always be a person apart from the world of the free-easy living. You have to make something of suffering or else you're fucked.

No, by your mother's penis

>How o'how did human beings ever survive and find happiness in their lives when faced with the hardships before the advent of modern psychoanalysis...

The flip side of your argument equally bad because it reinforces the idea that people are helpless and slaves to their own emotions.

That's awful user. It truly is. I'm not going to pretend to know what that's like or what you go through coping with it, but I will say that others have gone though what you have and others have found happiness with who they are and in their lives. If they can do it you can to.

I doubt you will forever be in pain physically. Tissues heal. As for how you feel mentally, feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to fix anything.

Invest yourself in worthwhile and worthy experiences and challenges.

Have you read every book on this list?: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Books_of_the_Western_World
Do you want to die before completing them?
Have you ever built a house?
Run a marathon?
Climbed a mountain?
Can you play the piano? Violin? Cello? Guitar?
Since this is Veeky Forums have you ever walked around at 190lbs and ~10% BF? Have you experienced the confidence that comes with that?
You fucked either one of the chicks in pic related yet?
Have you gone scuba diving in Antigua or the great barrier reef?
Have you traveled to every continent yet?
Don't you want to get over how you feel so one day you can give back to others who have gone through the same things you have?
Have you ever gone hunting, killed, cleaned, and cooked an animal and achieved a deeper respect for nature and life?

Life has alot to offer and these are all just examples...sitting in a dark room fucking around on the Internet feeling sorry for yourself or sitting in a chair talking to a therapist feeling sorry for yourself may not be the best thing to get you better bro.

>The flip side of your argument equally bad because it reinforces the idea that people are helpless and slaves to their own emotions.

There are many wrong things in this sentence.

First: I never said that one ought be a slave to his emotions. Read my post again, I said that sometimes mere motivational bullshit isn't helpful. Humans since the dawn of age cope with problems through social support. Not everyone is in the same boat, and generalized advice just isn't enough and denying it's only worse.

Second: Psychologists are just a form of accelerated and savvy social support, that will help you rise up when no one else is available for you. Modern western society is characterized by a culture of competitiveness, greed and egoism which exacerbates our selfish behavior and pose obstacles to empathy. This is why people feel alone and isolated. This is why user seeks help on Veeky Forums.

Third: you assume that psychology = psychoanalysis. No one in my university takes Freud seriously when it comes to clinical practice.

Im trying too right now m8

My fiance broke up with me after 2 years, and kicked me out

Truly the love of my life, I fell in love with her, her dogs, her personality, we had plans to begin a business, buy land, and build a home

I havent not cried one day this year, ive lost 20 lbs

But its getting easier, still gonna try to work things out and show her I can be more grown up and organized, she gives me a big hug when I need it, and is gonna help me move and get set up, and let me come over and hang out when I want to, and she's even gonna watch my dogs while I get settled

You just take it a day at a time, but its just getting through the day itself that makes it that harder, and beating back that gnawing thought that things wont work out

youtube.com/watch?v=D3nER_Ym-BU

Why would you want her back if you know she doesn't want you?

You're just setting yourself up for more heartbreak if you expect to get her back senpai. Be reasonable.

>But its getting easier, still gonna try to work things out and show her I can be more grown up and organized, she gives me a big hug when I need it, and is gonna help me move and get set up, and let me come over and hang out when I want to, and she's even gonna watch my dogs while I get settled

Take it from someone who has been down a similar path - the worst thing you can do right now is to be around her. Do NOT show her your weakness. No, this isn't a RP post, but she's the one who didn't want you. You sobbing to her and asking for huggy wuggys is disdainful in her eyes. She may not show it, but that is probably how she sees it.

Cry and talk to friends.

She does, but im not ready yet to live eith her yet and get married we both agreed id live on my own until its time to reevaluate, still be in touch, still hang out, still work out together

But I just need to prove that I can mature as a partner, ive basicLly been living like a bro with her, and its time to stop

So she wants to suck some Chad dick for a while, but keep you as a safety net. Same shit happened to me. Same thing happened to me. It's shitty, but you have to be honest with your assessment of the situation.

You're right in the sense that people aren't helpless and slaves to their own emotions but has a valid point. Lots of people can't be objective with their problems or emotions, and are incapable of seeing root causes and unhealthy habits. Why do things the hard or even impossible way? People should make use of the tools available to them, and therapy has helped countless people with their mental health issues.

Youre selfish. She doesnt have a need to support your kid behavior. Man the fuck up.

The large intestine counts as an organ.

8.5/10 would give them both organ damage.

Oh child, I'm so sorry for you.

You're not together with her anymore. She broke up with you. You're talking like it's inevitable that you're going to get back together "after you mature." But she's not going to wait for you. It's her decision, not yours (even if you cast it as mutual, she was the one that led the decision I'll bet). It was probably her suggestion that you separate "for a while" right?

Did you two make any agreement not to see other people while you're separated?

this

Just be yourself