How do you guys setup heavy dumbbells for a dumbells chest press or similar exercises?

How do you guys setup heavy dumbbells for a dumbells chest press or similar exercises?

Everytime i get on a bench and get them ready for the exercise i feel like joints/bones will break in half

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=622ku8i0M14
youtube.com/watch?v=HpdlF_Vh7zg&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

warm up and strengthen your rotator cuffs

>strengthen your rotator cuffs
How

youtube.com/watch?v=622ku8i0M14

?

>deadlift them off the ground
>lean each dumbbell on each leg
>slowly sit down
>slowly fall back while holding the dumbbells against my chest

Not that guy but what if i am doing it on the floor?

My bench fucking broke somehow and i am stuck with my floor when using dumbbells

How you gonna bench without a bench?

Make an L with your arm and go up and down and then go in and out with light weight. might have worded that poorly

progressive underload. that doesn't sound right...

here i drew out

sit on the ground, grab db with both hands and put it on on quads then kick them up the same way.

and you can't really bench without bench because your elbows need to go lower than your back.

Kek, i'd probably break my arm if i did this with the same dumbbells i workout with.

>with the same dumbbells i workout with.
>and then go in and out with light weight.
>with light weight.
>light

Kill yourself you retarded piece of shit

Whats this retarded exercise supposed to do for your body exactly?

Warm up the rotator cuffs. You're supposed to do it with VERY light dumbbells.

Hold them both at the end of your quads, then, while falling back, shove them upward with your legs.

Is 4kg to light?

That's fine. I literally use 2kg dumbbells. No point going heavy on an exercise like this.

+1 for this, stops things 'clicking' if u have hypermobility and similar issues too

This is what i do...waddle over to bench with dumbells pressed on quads. Sit down. As you start to fall back kick up leg to get the dumbell in place.

I got my back on the bench and in position before kicking up the dumbells, both for incline and flat. I'm currently pressing 120's for 8 reps so it works alright

>strengthen your rotator cuffs
>How
Scoobs to the rescue

youtube.com/watch?v=HpdlF_Vh7zg&

:D

>kek i am too stronk for that

Its your rotator cuff you dumbass. It's one of the lowest weight exercises you can do.

Oh you're supposed to use your ARM? I tried doing this with my hands instead, and going up all the way to my face, but I ended up looking kind of dumb with my finger and my thumb in the shape of an L on my forehead.

WELL

all pressing with double overhand grip fucks my shoulder no matter what. i use neutral grip instead. you can accomplish this with a swiss or football bar, trap bar, log bar, etc or any other neutral grip specialty bar. something else you can try is fish push ups with your fists in neutral position and for resistance use a heavy band or have someone sit on your back.

>fish
*fist

incline is harder

I bolted a couple of short pieces of square tubing over the ends of some 1" (1.315 OD) pipe, and ran bolts though so that I could fix those to the posts of my rack.

The back one is set slightly higher, so just set everything at the right height, set up as if it was a barbell bench, and unrack the same way.

The bonus is that even if I flat back my DB bench, I'm far stronger this way than if I started from my knees. It's also far easier on my back; DB is at the end of my sessions, and if I'm using 20-30% more weight all the better

Floor press is a thing