Quitting lifting Thread

Anyone gonna quit lifting?
My gym membership expires in June (end of term). Will have been lifting two years by then. I've improved my diet from lifting, made some gains but I want to put the energy purely into studying next year and getting back into my other hobbies.

No

It's the only thing I know, the only thing I have, and the only thing I'm good at.

Why write a blog you're quitting?

You know you could choose a 3 day full body workout that doesn't consume as much time but will make progress and allow more freedom in your diet.

anyone?

>only thing
don't you have any intellectual pursuits?
I'm already doing that. It still takes a lot of energy to maintain and I want to put that effort into studying more and hobbies.

I wouldn't call beer league hockey, vidya, and relentless shitposting intellectual

meal prep isn't as important for trying to stay active and working out to stay lean just make sure you get a good meal post workout and don't smash carbs all day

So realistically you're saying you can't find 3 hours in a week

How many games of LoL do you play a day?

if feel you bro. i just dont see the point of life anymore. go to college for what? a job that stresses me the fuck out?
>go to school for something you like

...i like nothing. i have no dreams. im happy lifting weights and being healthy.

I wish I could quit lifting to devote more time to things that are actually important long term but lifting improves my appearance and well being too dramatically so I think it actually pays off and indirectly improves my life long term

Translation:
>hi, im op. despite saying that ive lifted for 2 years, ive made no gains, and have the time management skills of a 12 year old. so i have come to the conclusion that doing healthy things isnt worth it to me anymore, and will be just another person that half-asses everything in his life.

kys

nope. i'm not a weak willed, vain little bitch who can't handle weight lifting while doing other things.

enjoy settling for being a sub par dough boy, coward. LMAO.

>going to school for something that allows you to pursue a career in health and fitness

Wew lad that was a tough one

If lifting and being healthy is the only thing you know maybe go study Kin. in school

I think most people would agree that regular exercise improves your health and helps you sleep soundly. These benefits in turn help your studies. You don't have to follow a diet if you're not trying to build muscle or lose fat, unless you eat very calorie dense foods or drink a lot of soda you will generally feel full around the time you hit your maintenance level calorie needs.

like what? i would love to find a retard prof job in the medical field but there arent. im not going to become dependent on drugs either to "force" myself to get an education.

>hockey
I'm British
>vidya
I play vidya but I study a lot too
>relentless shitposting
well your doing it too user, cmon.
>3 hours
Optimistic senpai. It's the fact that I have less energy from lifting, energy I could put into better things like studying more.
You sound like a loser
I've made gains. I used to lift at home for a long time before I got a gym membership.
I'm still going to have a healthy diet faggot. I have more worthwhile things to do then lift.
>dough boy
What is diet you retard? you sound like a fat powerlifter.
going for a walk is much healthier than lifting.
Bio-Med if your smart? one of my housemates does it.
He hasn't left the house in days though, literally working all day and part of the night.

>I used to lift at home for a long time before I got a gym membership.
Doing curls with 15 lb walmart dumbbells for 6 months doesn't count. Post a pic of your body if you're so confident in your gains.
>I'm still going to have a healthy diet faggot. I have more worthwhile things to do then lift.
Diet is only one part of the equation, faggot. Exercise improves multiple bodily systems, promotes energy and well being, and improves the mind, faggot.

Lifting isn't the only thing in life, but you're just making bitch excuses because you can't fit in working out with your netflix time

enjoy school and videogames then and it's positive you benefited from lifting with learning about building a healthy diet.

It's big part of why I started (I also wanted a way to better utilize my healthy eating to benefit me more) but it's true that knowledge will stay with you

I'd suggest doing maintenance work though to keep any muscle built

Good goyim

nobody cares fuckin faggot, don't like it gtfo then, no need to write a blog

>demands I post a pic.
Kek, you sound insecure. Why don't you show off your amazing gains faggit?
>nobody cares
sure that's why you replied
Jews don't lift fag
>maintenance work
nah, I don't get much out of lifting anymore. I have better pursuits of my time.

What are your lifts

I'm not claiming I have amazing gains. In fact, I have a very long way to go, and plan on lifting for as long as I am physically able. You, however, made the claim to gains, and are using that claim as yet another excuse. Surely you could post a picture if you're so confident, and especially if it only serves as justification for your decision.

>you sound insecure
Says the attention-seeker on a Taiwanese cave painting forum on a Friday night

bench - 205
deads - 310
ohp - 155
>friday night
normalfags please go

Just go once or twice a week, hit your muscle groups to maintain at the very leasy

you should get your test levels checked matey those lifts after two years of lifting are really low
Unless those are in kg, but I really doubt that's the case

They are in kg you fag. Who uses plds.

Exercise physiology or athletic training

>there are people who have been """lifting""" for 4 years and only deadlifts 310

Yeah I'm sure you OHP 155 kg

Well, we don't know OP's size.

You can do full body twice a week and still maintain / make slow gains.

Losing your gains is one of the worst feelings in life. Don't do it to yourself.