How realistic is it for a natty noob to hit a 315 bp in 1 year's time?

How realistic is it for a natty noob to hit a 315 bp in 1 year's time?

I'd say not at all
Maybe 1 in 1000 people can do that

most manlets on steroids it takes 7-10 years. see matt ogus

%5? WHATEVER IT TAKES

WTF. people on steroids take 7-10 years to get to 3 plates? I don't believe you bro.

Agreed. I know natties can do 315, with gear that seems like that should be easy mode.

OP don't fret man. 315 is totally doable in a year's time if you train hard enough. genetics doesn't hurt either. A tiny Asian dude is gonna have a harder time than the usual.
>protien

I have pretty good genetics, so I'm hoping for the best.

If you have elite lifting tier genetics or have a huge fucking frame then it's doable. But for you I doubt it

>1%

My girlfriends brother who is still in high school (junior) was benching 185 maybe when I started to date her, within 4 months hit 225 and then exactly a year later hit 315 at 200lb body weight. Hes like 5'8 and eats more food in one sitting then I so in some days, I don't even know how many calories per day. He has overhead pressed 210 and 185 for 5.

Definitely natural because desu he's awkward and I doubt he could even find someone to give it to him. Hes been lifting for less than 2 years

How noob are we talking? Either way, probably not realistic at all. Especially natty

Just started benching. I can do 185 for 2 reps.

An athetic fatass can hit 1.5 bw in a year's time, yes

you're not gonna hit 3pl8 in a year as a natty, sorry. It gets insanely hard to progress past like 110-120kg

My friend has been lifting for 7 months and had no previous training and his 1rm is 300 right now. he started at I think 155 1rm 7 months ago. I know for a fact he isn't roiding. how is this possible? He is 5'10 200 pounds right now kind of chubby still id say around 20% body fat

he trains only bench and has a good body for benching, short arms

You guys are fuckin pussyfarts. OP don't listen to the majority saying that it can't be done.

I hit a 5plate deadlift and still haven't hit a 3plate bench.

more realistically, what about a 2 plate bench in a year? Would SS really work for that?

easily

I hit 2pl8 bench in around 7 months of lifting, though I had sports background. In a year I was at 2.5 pl8s. I'd imagine even a complete novice could get it to 2pl8 in a year

About how much should one be benching after, say, six months of lifting?

Been at it about a month, starting off as a weak baby. Did 3x10 with 75 today, felt like I was at just the right weight to manage all three sets without failing.

>3x10 @ 75

Don't make fun

I started lifting at 14 and I'm now 18 and can bench 275 natty. So not very likely unless you have the most incredible genetics.

>tfw 545 deadlift but 245 bench
Kill me now breh

Well yeah if you train one lift that shits gonna shoot up. His proportions are probably retarded though

>tfw 405 dl but 210 bench

why is it so hard?

Are you tall? I'm 6'2 and bench is my worst lift my far

im fucking 5'7

my bench has gone up like 10lbs in the last 4months while my back has healed up and i hit 405 within 2 months of being back deadlifting

i dont get it. hopefully ill have 2pl8 for 1-2 reps at the end of this program

>tfw 400/215/400

at least i have a nice ass

hwhat

How is your squat the same as your deadlift? My deadlift is 545 and my squat is 365 lmao

if you lower the reps you'll be able to increase the weight significantly

besides aren't such high reps usually reserved for isolation exercises?

I guess. The guy who's helping me train likes to do 3x10 for basically everything.

Try out 5/3/1 BBB it lays the reps out very well. Plus it'll get you big and strong at the same time

took me 2 years natty so go for it

5/3/1 bbb is absolute fucking trash you won't get big or strong

5/3/1 for bench is not good, do literally anything else

keep it simple imo, 3x3 one week 3x5 another week and an extra bench session of 3x10

source: 155kg bench in comp

i've never had particularly high upper body strength but today was my second workout using a slightly modified SL and i benched 135 5x5

i only go above 5 reps for a few isolation exercises i chose because i feel like i can handle a little more than the standard SL setup

Is it possible for a turbowristlet to reach a 3pl8 bench at all?

Do 5/3/1
Source: Brother did 5/3/1 his first 5 years of lifting and is now doing cube with a 265 kg bench :^)

idk, i think my quads are just monsters. after a heavy squat day my hamstrings are sore while my quads feel fine. i can also go a2g for nearly the same weight as my powerliftng squat. my grip also kinda sucks. maybe it's cuz i played basketball in high school (jumping+sprinting)

Why is 5/3/1/ BBB trash? From what I've seen, others seem to vouch for it being a decent program.

Yes use wraps

Don't listen to him he's wrong.

just absolutely nowhere near enough volume, slow progression

so many people fall for these meme routines that leave out upperbody, to get strong on the bench you NEED consistency and volume and that includes accessories, a lot of them

I don't really believe him (I think this is the first time I've heard something so negative about that program), but I'm wondering what would make him think that.

Are you retarded? You still do accessories you just pick them yourself

yeah i know fuck all mate only did 5/3/1 for 10 months and compete nationally

Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't for others. I've done it for a few years and have a 150 kg bench

what is your best competition bench

thought so, so shut your fucking mouth

>bbb acessories
>5x10 on 1 extra accessory

yeah fucking good one m8

>running 5/3/1 for a few years

yeah good 1 m8 that makes sense

and it isn't anecdotal, how many people on this board can't bench 3 plates but can deadlift 5? it's because they neglect upper body big time

Why wouldn't I? I'm still making gains from it I just hit a 250 kg deadlift.

Also which program would you recommend? I'm looking to switch pretty soon because I'm getting real bored

It depends where you are when you begin. When me and my friends started lifting at 17 we were all at very different strength levels.

I could only bench like 145 or 155, one of my friends could do 185, the other 205. Those starting markers indicate a lot about natural inclination and potential.

Did your friend have lifting experience? Starting at 205 is pretty crazy

No, this was when we all first started. Just sports and phys ed up to that point, more or less.

>more realistically, what about a 2 plate bench in a year? Would SS really work for that?
yes, I hit 3x5x108kg on SS and I'm not particularly talented. my impression is that most people don't, though, but that's probably because most people don't do the program correctly. typically it's a combination of adding exercises, skipping workouts, not microloading and not eating enough to grow. if they do SS correctly I think most people can hit a 2pl8 bench on it.

I took 3 years natty to reach 140kg.
On gear I went up to 200kg in a year and a half and then tore my pec (grade 2), stayed on gear for 6 months and GH, BPC etc and came off for good and bench 150kg now. Lol, if you train right though you can get it easily, gear isn't magical except during the first cycle.

you have long femurs and long limbs in general, you are a killer deadlifter and a shitty squatter
this, the low frequency and volume of 5/3/1 is ruinous for bench in particular

do one of the intermediate templates from Greg Nuckol's 28 free programs instead, also has a monthly progression but with 3x a week frequency and a lot more volume
108kg 3x5 on SS means you are reasonably talented, most people don't get anywhere near that with the low volume of SS

If he's over 200lbs and has an athletic background before lifting

not very likely

If you are 200lb+ and athletic/active you can probably do it.

If you are not active or athletic at all you probably can't do it.
If you weight 140 you probably can't do it.

>gives an example of gear being magical
>lol gear isn't magical

Fucking roidlets I swear.