Guys i'm 30 yo and i want to lift, is it too late? am i too old and weak to make improvements and retain them?

guys i'm 30 yo and i want to lift, is it too late? am i too old and weak to make improvements and retain them?

Too late to be Mr Olympia.

Not too late to stop being a fat sack of shit.

Now get your readers on and hit the sticky, newbitch.

I started at 24 and I'm turning 30 this year and I've only really just made it.....

If you stay natty and have average genetics and other life-stresses involved; expect it to take 5+ years to build something decent.

You'll probably want to jump on gear if you can't wait and just want to look good in 1-2 years.

Unfortunately, yes. It's a scientific fact that if you don't make the neural and muscular connections when you're a young person, making those connections when you're older and your neuroplasticity has diminished is essentially impossible.

You will struggle and deprive yourself and you will work tirelessly for months and nothing will happen. You will constantly be around people who made better choices than you did earlier in life in the gym and you will be reminded of your failures constantly.

Just learn to accept yourself the way you are. Love yourself; that's what's really important in life. All those meatheads... they hate themselves. That's why they lift. Just being happy automatically makes you superior to them.

Don't bother man. Health and fitness isn't all it's cracked up to be. Women don't even like muscles; they love dad bods in 2017 - they say it themselves.

So don't worry about "improving" yourself; you're already perfect just the way you are.

Yes, it's literally too late to do anything of value now, it's all over. Just turn on the tv and order some takeout and comfort yourself with the fact that there was nothing that could be done.

Total test peaks when you're in your mid 30s iirc so go for it my dude, go get that there dad strength

yep, if you're 30 it's too late, just wait out the clock until you die

nah i started at 29 and made amazing progress

lmao what a pile of shit.

if you want to improve yourself and retain it, then shut up and start. being 30 doesn't mean you're too old or weak, and if you think that it's physically impossible for you to improve yourself in any way then just kill yourself.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, OP. Veeky Forums is full of self-hating, insecure, man children who never grew up so they treat other people rudely and disrespect their feelings.

You don't want to be like them, OP. Don't start lifting; start reading instead and improve your mind. That's what women really want. It's all about your personality and your career. Being a meathead is just hard work with no real payoff, and like I said, you're already way past your prime and getting started now will just be painful and futile. Find other ways to grow man, I believe in you. Don't fall for the Veeky Forums meme.

>tfw too well read to lift

No, I believe that cultivating the body is just as important as cultivating the mind... but I began exercising when I was a very young man, so those connections are already there. What I'm saying is that if OP wants more self-esteem and success in life he's better off just accepting that his window of opportunity for improving himself physically has basically past and he would be making a much more efficient use of time by advancing his career and making more money.

Which do you think a woman would prefer: A confident man making enough money to support her and her family, or an angry gym rat making

Why do you put so much emphasis on women?

Besides, user doesn't have to necessarily lift weights in order to physically improve. Even doing cardio will improve his physical health, and there's no harm in doing so.
You're just a gains goblin.

i started lifting close to 30 when i already had a house, a wife and 3 kids. i did it for myself

This is tremendously well-written false information.

30 isn't even old from a strength/ size perspective, so yes, no problem.

It's only peak explosive strength that will have already started declining a little, but you were never going to reach that anyway.

Everyone knows that the only reason to lift is for women.

Or for yourself, if you're not an insecure little bitch.

What you really mean when you say "for yourself" is for the women. You want to be and feel and look attractive to yourself and by extension the opposite sex. This idea that you're working out for some abstract reason OTHER than sex and dominance is just self delusion.

How can someone obsess so much over women ? My only interest in women is the primal urge to mate with them..

What if I work out to be in better health?
Or if I'm married?

Either way, my social skills and personality are good enough for women. I'm not interested in fucking a sloot every weekend, and I could get with one even if I didn't lift.

yeah, i fell for the b8.

Of course its not too late, either natty or gear (of course gear will be faster).

Oh, ok, that's a great point - I completely forgot about steroids. The only REALISTIC way for you to gain muscle and size at this point is to take steroids. I've experimented with steroids in the past and can confirm they work like absolute magic, but you need to take them in very large quantities. Small amounts will just make your recovery a bit faster.

I would say HGH, Tren and Test are your absolute essentials, especially HGH. Do your research before you take that route. Alot of the negative consequences and side effects are completely overblown - the only thing I noticed was I was a bit moodier... that's it.

Hopefully all of this has helped you, op. I know what it's like to feel like an underdog so I wish you all the best.

I'm 37 and just started lifting last year. You do not need gear. You need motivation and consistency. Do not miss workouts and work hard.

Shoo Shoo!

>confirmed lazy fat fuck
>probably americunt

Not strictly true.

If i lived alone without any human contact or hope of human contact ever again I would still work out for the health and cognitive/ mood benefits, plus the usefulness of being fit in my day to day life.

You're right though that most of the even abstract 'im lifting for myself' confidence is in being more attractive to women, or just stronger than other men which makes you more attractive to women.

Everything in life is about sex, except for sex, which is about power.

at what point in the future will you be younger? just go for it.

according to the baltimore longitudinal study of aging, the average physical peak of a human specimen lies in the ages between 28-32. You're fine as long as you train hard, in fact more than fine.
Also you need to be more worried about your brain than what you see in the mirror.

If you don't begin now, you'll hate yourself when you turn 40.

My father started lifting when he was 38 and now at 42 he is ripped as fuck. Deadlifts almost 3x bw. It is never too late faggot.