Wake up 5-6 hours after sleeping

>Wake up 5-6 hours after sleeping.
>Feel rested.
>But think that you haven't gotten enough sleep, and go back to sleep.
>Wake up 4 hours later, having slept for a total of 9 or 10 hours.
>Feel tired as fuck, leave the bed half an hour after waking up.

Huh?

Does this happen to anyone else? What do I do? Can I make gains with sleeping for only 6 hours a day?

Do you drink coffee?

If you sleep past the time you usually drink your coffee, you will feel like absolute shit until you drink it

yep, I feel like fucking shit if I sleep longer than 8 hours.

>9 or 10 hours.
Over-sleeping

Wake up in REM or Stage 1 -> feel tired.

That's why a 1 hour or 2.5 hour powernap is far superiour to a 1.5 hour power and 3 hour powernap.

Sometimes, not regularly. This happens nearly all the time.

But I can't sleep for 8 hours. It is either 5 or 10. Can I still make gains if I sleep for 5 hours a day or so?

I feel like shit after napping no matter what.

Get your blood taken. Probably anemia

>Can I still make gains if I sleep for 5 hours a day or so?
No.

The fuck? How would that even be caused by anemia?

I got it checked recently, I am fine.

Depressed? Anxious? Stressed? Lonely?

theres such a thing as oversleeping. if you wake up and feel rested, but don't "feel like you slept enough" and try to fore yourself back to sleep you can feel like shit after

Amenia a.k.a I want to die but I don't even have the energy to kill myself.

>sleep study done because always feel groggy and low energy
>5.5 hour sleep cycle
>they recommend 11 hours of sleep a day, 2 full cycles basically

>wake up after 4 hours
>feel like a million bucks
>decide to start my day at 3am and pop a caffeine pill
>feel like fucking shit as balls by 8am
>have to go to work
>spend my day in zombie mode

Every fucking day.

Y-yeah...

B-b-but I can't make gains if I sleep for 5 hours user...

>No matter how much I sleep, always begin to feel sleepy when I'm at an uni lecture at ~9 a.m.
>Can't concentrate, eyelids begin to drop
>Nap 5-15 minutes (sitting, one hand on forehead to make it less obvious that I'm sleeping)
>Completely fine afterwards
Anyone have similar experiences?

Not anemia.

So, my dad owns and operates a sleep lab. I work with him on some projects, sell sleep related products, etc.

Sleep debt works in two ways. If you don't sleep enough, your body racks up those hours, and you will oversleep when you get the chance.
However, most people don't realize that consistently oversleeping has a similar effect, and will make you drowsier as your body slips into a different sleep cycle.

Now one of the common problems in winter and fall is SAD, or seasonal affective disorder. You can combat this by staring at blue lights as soon as you wake up. They have special LED lights for this purpose, but you can also set a timer on your ordinary lights so the whole room lights up when you wake up. And don't close your blinds at night if you dont have to.
Make sure you're taking enough vitamin D, and schedule your alarm for a half hour before you want to get out of bed. Dont hit snooze, just flip through your phone or turn on a TV. Then eat and drink caffeine.

I need help with sleep gains anons
>How much is optimal sleep?
>how do I avoid being too tired when I wake up?
>are there any supplements to either help with sleep or help with being attentive throughout the morning or day?

...see

Bullshit. Genetics are 90% of making it everyone knows that. Perfect diet and sleep are only for peak performance athletes and ppl with genes so poor that have to be at their personal peak performance just to pass as a regular human. Plus we all different if op feels good at 5 it's probably all he needs. Our bodies give the best advice

Bullshit to you my friend.

There's plenty of science to support the need for 6-8 hours of sleep after lifting, and anyone who is CONSISTENTLY sleeping 5 hours a night is more prone to:
-injury
-sickness
-mental and physical fatigue
-decreased lebido

And sleep helps restore test. So nein mein frau nein

>This is what betas actually believe
Whilst the astronauts, fighter pilots, and elite specimens of all stripes regularly train and perform incredibly with less than ideal diet and sleep. But sure keep telling yourself that you can sleep your way to chadness

>look i called him a beta

Strong argument my angry lil bud.
Im sure we all strive for those leet astronaut bodies.

And your autistic rage is surely enough to disprove science and professional trainers.

>getting this mad over people discussing sleep

Your examples are all men who have such high test that they can afford to sleep less and still outperform their peers. Veeky Forums autists need every little scrap of it that they can get their hands on.

Most doctors recommend 7-8 hours which is optimal but more specifically you should aim to sleep 7 and a half hours. The reason for this is that a REM cycle lasts an hour and a half and 7 and a half hours is equal to exactly 5 REM cycles. It's important to sleep in exact increments of REM cycles because if you wake up in the middle of a cycle you're going to get that extreme tired feeling. As for supplements I always try to stay away chemical sleep aids and stick with Melatonin which is the hormone your body naturally produces to make you sleepy. I find taking it 15 minutes before I want to sleep yields optimal results.

Post more fat ass cheerleaders

Stay mad beta boy
This is what I'm trying to point out. Not the test part anyways I think a lot of these guys fit within the normal range of test, but what sets them apart is their constantly challenging their body in many ways. Same way destroyed muscle grows back stronger so do other aspects of our physicality.

thanks my dude. will try

BRAPPPPPP

>Wake up 5-6 hours after sleeping.

>5 hours of sleep
You obviously don't work hard enough in or out of the gym
>our bodies give the best advice
Backed scientific findings give better advice.

what does getting enough sleep feel like? I sleep anywhere between 2-10 hours a night. it sucks i always feel like shit. how do i get a good sleep schedule?

This, I get 3-4 hours a night, I can feel it started to affect my gains, but I never feel tired past initially waking up

being dehydrated will also make you tired as fuck,

drink some water, user

force yourslef into a consistant sleep schedule
get tactical about it
be in bed by 10 pm no matter what
wear sunglasses an hour or so before going into bed
get your room as dark and silent as possible
meditate in bed
maybe take a melatonin supplement before going to bed
do physical activities every day, soccer, basketball, cycle, jog, swim or whatever so that you're tired by the time you go to bed

also protip cut caffeine completely, it's hard af but when you're off it for long enough you will reap amazing benefits
vegetable juicing also helps, extra vitamins do good shit to your body

Same happens to me. I end up feeling shitty and always have a headache. Shit sucks bout to stay on my normal work schedule on the weekends

If you wake up and go back to sleep you'll just be more tired than if you stayed awake. Your body knows when to wake up so start fucking trusting it.

>cut caffeine completely
This. One year without coffee and tea and I've never looked back. Best decision I ever made after deciding to become Veeky Forums.

You've got it backwards bro, waking up at the end of REM is optimal. REM is when the brain records and heals, it's also when you dream. If you're in the deep stages of sleep when you wake up you're missing out on the most beneficial part and will feel more tired.

I don't know about you, but I personally always feel most rested when I wake up from a dream

desu though for me it was harder to quit than tobacco, and i quit tobacco whilst in the military. i guess living on 4-6 coffees a day for 4 years straight fucked me up good.

but it does feel amazing after the withdrawl symptomes wear off

Is staring at the blue light enough to counteract the SAD for the entire day, or do you need to have one around during the daylight hours?

ya ima just spend half the fucking day asleep. those fucking retards.

>everyone needs same amount of sleep
i get 5 or 6 and im fuckin G. i get 7 or 8 and i feel like shit. i get 4 i can do better than if i had done 8. also fall asleep better the next night if i don't oversleep.

>feel great
no you should do it this way cuz someone got paid to shill some pillow or mattress.
>feel like shit
oh wow you're right good thing for science or i would never know if i was getting enough sleep. i mean how could anyone tell if they were getting the right amount of sleep just by how they feel after waking up? fucking crazy!

>sleep from 11pm to 7am
>feel perfectly rested, no desire to stay in bed any longer but to wake up and start the day
>sleep from 4am to 2pm
>JUST

Actually fighter pilots have mandatory eight hours of sleep every day

Elastigirl was a cheerleader!

Sleep 5-6 hours at night, and if possible, take a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon.

Spain has the right idea.

lmao

Are you actually retarded?