/owg/ Olympic Weightlifting General

A thread dedicated to the discussion of everything olympic weightlifitng related

Clarence Kennedy tribute edition

Clarence's newly released video:
youtube.com/watch?v=hHrysja5lYw&t=225s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aq8Tp5r-DZo
youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020
youtube.com/watch?v=vfg4nfGBVNs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumpo
come on guys don't let owg die

I'll do whatever the fuck I want, bruh.

Also /owg/ is already a dead thread. Nobody in Veeky Forums ever does it anymore

hes a fucking vegan rofl what a fucking faggot
DROPED

I want to start doing these lifts. Do I need to find a coach in my area? Where should I start?

You should look for a coach. If one isn't available, Torokhity's videos on youtube are really good resources. Start with mobility work.

> tfw vegan
> tfw the strongest weightlifters are vegan

Seriously, look it up

fuck off vegan fag I'll continue eating meat all I want

Anyone have Tommy Kono's book on .pdf?

Asking for a friend.

I just saw it on google

Coaches are nice, but expensive and absolutely unnecessary for an amateur. Watch youtube videos, start light and take lots of videos of yourself.

I'm around 145lbs now, I want to start oly lifting and start competing (hope to eventually go to the Olympics)

Should I cut down to 63kg or bulk up to 69kg weight class? 5'6 female, personally would like to be bigger and able to pull more substantial weight-- but you guys seem to know best in most cases.

Don't talk back at me, boii.

Ideally you will be going up in weight classes as you progress with your lifts. Cutting is dumm weak twinks. Get buck and smash.

Never cut if you're trying to up your numbers, that's just not possible. Likewise, you don't need to go on a dreamer bulk to make gains.

bumping thread. If weigtlifters didn't have to worry about tests but still had to meet weight, what kind of cycle do you think they would run? 250 test, 500 test, equipose, dbol etc.

oh shit why did I save this as the snatch.

I wish owg had an active community like plg

what, you don't like being a hipster?

I just saw pas lift in English hehehe

Looks like he got 97 which puts him at 4th i think

Yeah just got 110 opener c&j

He's gonna have to get 130 CJ to secure bronze?

My coach costs me actually nothing. I'd say that coach is very important for the first months, after that its basically just about learning. Coach will give you one or two things to focus on, and then you will try to figure the shit out. Its stuff like "keep the bar closer", "drive the bar upwards with your elbows on the second pull", "finish extension" etc.

It really helps to have a coach, but i have to admit that i have had almost as much help or even more by reading and watching stuff on the internet while trying to figure out the stuff

Tbh there were some V good lifters I don't know if he was ever really in with a shout

But having seen him in the flesh I can assure he is much more handsome in person :^)

I participated in a meet yesterday and all my technique went out the window. Set new PRs on both lifts but still feel disappointed.

You don't need a coach.

Watch these videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=Aq8Tp5r-DZo
youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020
youtube.com/watch?v=vfg4nfGBVNs

Do SS to start with if you haven't. Once LP is done, get on some weekly Oly program. you can use videos to get some technique help online to make sure you're doing a decent job with form.

Reminder to squat lowbar for maximum strength gains, which is the entire purpose of back squatting.

Technique is not going to be perfect on max attempts, dingaling. That it didn't get you red lights means it's good enough.

Just keep trying to do it right in training, and it'll keep itself in shape.

Does anyone know if corticosteroids like Prednisone is banned in your country? It is in mine. I often feel shoulder and knee pain due to inflammation and taking anti inflmamatory drugs would help a lot, but I can't in that strong doses.

Prednisolone has known catabolic sideeffects. You'd be dumb to take in the first place.

I was once prescribed Prednisone to reduce swelling in my throat from some infection.

My brother took it and had a psychotic breakdown as a result of taking it. Would not recommend.

It just crossed my mind because I've been experiencing increasing shoulder and knee pain since I started lifting heavier and heavier. I'm a nurse and the doctors at work frequently perscribe prednisolone for inflammation. Regular NSAIDs aren't doing that good of a job desu and I don't want to grind my joints to the bone before I'm 30.