/plg/

powerliftinggeneral.com/

>Highbar is GOAT confirmed

Why even waste time with >low bar squats?

People who recommend low bar:
rippetoad (copied meme program from reg park)

People who recommend high bar:
Coach Dietmar (the GOAT)
Coach Trappy (made me switch to high bar and now I'm even stronger and shoulders are healthier)
Coach Sheiko (even Kirill squats high bar!)
Coach CWS (who trains many top tier football players)

Highbar: Trains more muscles, keeps your shoulders healthy, improves mobility
Lowbar: Tries to cheat weight and fucks your body over it
Powerliftinggeneral.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsvPp6cGn4U
youtube.com/watch?v=qu6-KiPL89c
youtube.com/watch?v=Ol0r8lUqB-Q&t=4m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femur
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I will not stand for this anti-lowbar bigotry

You forgot Alan Thrall

>Divebombing
>Bouncing
rip lower back

Have you ever heard of the term "put your back in to it"

That's literally what lowbar does. It uses more muscle mass if you stay in the hips

kek, he doesnt bounce there

You should convince trappy to coach me too

only if you have bad mobility and bad stability

\youtube.com/watch?v=QsvPp6cGn4U

>pushing the highbar meme
'no'

*cringe*

you may be my idol but i wish youd stop falling for the low bar meme

Isley and Esmerlda just posted a video of them dogging in the Discord

Yo I hope your making mixed race babies with that nubian queen over there.

hybrid squat ala candito is the way to go

its just high bar with a wide stance so you only go to parallel, which naturally involves more hips

you still break at the knees, stay upright and all that good jazz

feels real comfy SENPAI

already did that for a while pretty shit DESU

Isley out squats you. It clearly works, as clearly does high bar.

Relax, it's not a war and hopefully you're better than the console vs pc fags cause that's what ya sound like

Candito switched to low bar though once he realized his meme was bad

how much heavier and how much older is he in comparison to me LOL
cant really compare the difference considering the gap is huge

it's basically what you're doing now though, no?

only difference i see is knees pointed out, while candito recommended forward and flat shoes

lel she's like 110kg

>low bar
>meme

no in the webm i clearly am doing full high bar

compare your squat to the video you posted how is yours full high bar, i.e. olympic style (because thats what everyone means when tehy say high bar)

yours is more like hybrid i'd say because of: wider stance, tees pointed out more, not as deep, not as upright

but ur the talent chad so who cares

high bar does not determine stance it determines bar position lmao i didn't say Olympic high bar i said high bar

and the hybrid squat is high bar

and you say ur not hybrid

but ur also high bar

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

really makes u think

there is no such as a "hybrid squat" its just a wide stance highbar lmao it depends on your hip structure look at aleksey torokhtiy

so ur just disagreeing with semantics

thanks for reminding me about your age

when you said
>already did that for a while pretty shit DESU

what did you mean

torokhtiy is a scrub desu

youtube.com/watch?v=qu6-KiPL89c

Has isley got a good squat? Cool, it works. Cut the salt.

anyone ever tell you you look like the lead singer of tame impala?
well they have now

bad valgus and leaned forward a lot so no not really

(he may be my idol but i can still salt it up)

Join my discord

high bar confirmed for fixing weird frog eye syndrome paired with tomato face

I am unhappy with my choices

Frog, are you going to compete in a high school meet?

SS --> TM --> Memeko

ur welcome

His stance, toes, depth, etc doesn't fucking matter. What makes it high bar is the bar position on his back. That's the only thing that matters.

I wish there was one available
but no

Cant squat high bar with a belt and without lower back rounding.

how fix

work on ham string and hip mobility ankles too

don't and become pete rubish

do you need to work on ankle mobility if you have oly shoes

Do you feel like the ankles restrict you? If yes then yes if no then do whatever.

Nah man, stance, etc. don't determine high-bar. Position on the back does. Also, not everyone can do a squat like clarence does. Take me - I will probably never be able to do it like him, because of structural differences. My squat will always look like Ops and still, I'll always do it high-bar.

i mean i did both but you should try hips and hamstrings first and if that doesnt work do ankles

i could do it like Clarence but ow my knee and its not a strong position for me

>webm related

Good for you man, but I just feel like my squat will always look like your variation in Op. I'm most definitely lacking the mobility (especially in my hip flexors and lower back) to do so, but I just feel like I will never be able to get in the Oly position even if I had better mobility.

how do you think that do you have extremely long femurs?

Hey, if you guys can can you check out my form on deads again? I know I've been asking a lot but i just want to make sure my form is ok.
i tried pulling with my hips a little higher this time on advice I got here, but I feel like there are still some issues. I think there's a little rounding in my back, especially near the last few reps for one.
Also, sorry that I dont have the initial setup in here, I asked the guy filming to get it but I guess he didnt understand

youtube.com/watch?v=Ol0r8lUqB-Q&t=4m30s

do this for hamstring mobility

no risk for lower back rounding either

id say just a bit lower hips, chest up and tighten lats pull the bar back not up

>extremely long femurs
Extremely long meaning? I definitely have relatively long legs. Extremely long? Idk. What ratio are we talking about?
Also I've always been rather tight in the hips and the back, even as a child. Had really good body tension tho.

As I said, it's more of a feeling. When trying to get into the oly position it just feels like something is blocking my upperbody from 'sinking' between the legs. There's no stretch feeling or anything, it just blocks and stays back and I lose balance. Kinda like trying to hyperextend the ellbow.

Boring saturday

Focus more on thrusting with your hips when the bar is at your knees. Instead of thinking about lifting the bar up, think about shoving your butt forward.
This will also fix the weight shifting around your centre of gravity, and your soft lockout.

Pull with your lats, the bar is out of position often.
youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE

Your back seems fine, that small amount of rounding is usually just the muscles flexed. Your spine is inside the "vale" the two erectors create.

27-28 % is average femur length to body i have 22.7%

and the tightness is more than likely just bad mobility when i was a kid i was tight all over

>lower hips
well last time y'all said higher, so I'm just going back to how it was before, it feels better anyway
>tighten lats
I've heard this a few times now, I'll be honest im confused on how to. Is it like trying to "bend" the bar? and would that be by pulling "backwards" or pushing "forwards"? How do i into lat engagement?
>hip thrusting
yeah, i noticed that now. I usually do have better hip drive, but I wasnt really focused on that I guess, I'll keep it in mind as a major point next session. Nice to know that my back is probably ok though
Overall this was an ok day, I tweaked my lower back a bit earlier in the week and I think it may have impacted my lifts a bit.

25% is average and you measured wrong / are lying as nobody has 22%

Hey guys, my gym tends to have the power cages fulled up pretty quickly and I have no clue what exercise/lifts to do if they are taken. What are some lifts that can help with the Big Three without a cage?

>How do i into lat engagement?

Watch how Mike T pulls his "arm pits" back right before pulling in that vid.

Pulling with the lats means pulling the bar towards the centre of your body. This isn't a passive movement by gravity, you have to actively pull in order to keep the weight from shifting around or the bar from twisting.

>"bend" the bar

yes, do this now: extend your arms in front of you, and imaging bending a stick into a / \ shape, focus on the feeling in your lats and shoulders. now emulate the same feeling but instead of bending the stick you're just pulling it down, like a standing lat pullover

now do the same with your arms in a extended vertical position, like the deadlift

it's essentially just pushing the bar into your shins, sort of

Measurement isn't 100% accurate, but for me it's about 28-30%.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femur
sorry was off by .3
also no i have 15.5in femurs at 68in height
which 15.5/68=22.7

you could also see it as shrinking the pyramid in pic related. you increase the pyramid by rolling the bar away from you, and decrease it by pulling it towards you

why teh fuck did i write pyramid, i meant triangle

round up you faggot,

You're measuring wrong lol you fucking idiot
Take a picture so I can laugh

>pushed into hip
>measure
faggot

>How do i into lat engagement?
>Watch how Mike T pulls his "arm pits" back right before pulling in that vid.
There was a webm circulating of a Brazilian boy who looked vaguely like a hobbit with a sub 350 wilks...

You have lots of webms, do you have that one? The one with the grey oval/box edited in, covering something important?

What was that hobbits name, heiny? Hank? Heinz? Hellifiknow? Lmao.

He did a cheap imitation of Mike t's pressure breaths and lat engagement. Then he proceeds to dribble his diddlies like a basketball in some poverty fovella.

Is any of this ringing a bell to anyone?

That's your inseam though?

who is this

Thanks, that's the one!

What an adorable little homosexual hobbit. Look at him pretend to powerlift.

Trappy.

>inseam
like i said i pushed it into my hip thats hitting the bone

trappy's friend

it is the man behind the trappy trip, using pics of a facebook friend of his

and he will remain so until trappy proves with a timestamp that shes (hes?) the girl (guy?) in the pictures

there's NO link between powerlifting, weightlifting or strength training and the girl that's supposed to be trappy

there's however some "evidence" (not that convincing though) for haino being trappy

Then why are they still friends on facebook?
2+2 mate. every big name trip here knows trappy is livia, she probably just doesn't want anons to know.

still no proof of her lifting, or being in medical school, or anything else she claims

it's pretty weird that someone so passionate about lifting and coaching and everything else related, doesn't have a single picture near a weight

This kid looks like a total faggot, but his form is not the problem

there's a picture of her in the gym

>gym
That's a restroom or locker room.

He's clearly fishing for juicy dongs.

i've been in the other ded thread for like an hour reeee

Squats tomorrow, I've gotta work on staying more upright. Doing box squats for too long got me too used to sticking my butt way back and now I've got some seriously ugly forward lean that's just rekking my spinal erectors. MAD crepitus when I try to massage them, it's pretty disgusting.

>tfw torn calluses
>tfw DL today

tape up your hands, be a big boy, and learn how to fuggin prevent your calluses from becoming so massive that they rip off.

Wait, trappy claims to be in medical school? Idk what med school is like huehue land, but here in the states you can't spend all day posting pictures of anime girls with cocks on /plg/ and telling people to do sheiko.

I just re-gripped the bar wrong on the last set ;_.

It's summer break in Brazil.

Going to transfer from weightlifting to powerlifting this Monday due to an ankle injury (basically ankle dorsiflexion required for the bottom position in a clean or front squat feels like someone in twisting a knife in my ligament).

What sort of routine should I do? a 5x5?

Also I oly style squat 190kg, what can I expect to squat low bar after a few months?

S H E I K O

honestly the practice in the lifts you're slightly new at probz isnt a bad idea

So a 5x5 progressive overload?

a who now?

was just drinking milk just now that was only out of the fridge for an hour and it had fucking CURDS in it!

He was talking about Sheiko.

Why does regular Veeky Forums keep talking about MK677? Is it a new meme, steroid, or supplement?

SARMS aka basically steroids

Can IPF detect it? Who's to say it doesn't become the next creatine. I only say this because it's being sold on ebay.

>tfw too intellegent for powerlifting

j u s t

here lad