Who here /keto/

Who here /keto/

Other urls found in this thread:

chriskresser.com/5-reasons-why-concerns-about-mercury-in-fish-are-misguided/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/
reddit.com/r/ketoscience/comments/47jeyp/lowcarbohydrate_diets_and_allcause_and/d0djv26/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20234038
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27664051
westonaprice.org/health-topics/soy-alert/how-much-soy-do-okinawans-eat/
nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/06/problem-with-the-grain-brain-doctor.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>eating fish in 2017
enjoy your heavy metals

240 lb 6'0 have horrible eating habits but lift 3x a week

what kind of stuff can i snack/fill up on in keto? idk i really like pasta so i need something to substitute it

>ketotards

I'd sooner be vegan than join your legion of obese shits.

>m-muh bacon! I c-c-an finally eat bacon all day and just say "I'm on keto"!!!

>keto cures autism
>tendies stock skyrockets

>enjoy my essential iron, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium and molybdenum
I will

Can confirm I am ketarded, it cured my autism

isnt keto bad for you long term? dont you need carbs for muscles to look full?

Keto isn't zero carbs, you get the minimum your body needs for basic function, and with regards to muscles looking full that is glycogen and your liver can still synthesis that from protein

Keto for years m8

I do enjoy heavy metal very much

Believe user meant mercury but continue living in ignorance

chriskresser.com/5-reasons-why-concerns-about-mercury-in-fish-are-misguided/

Rendered harmless by selenoneine. Continue living as a gullible retard.

>Mercury
>he eats wild caught

Do you hand pick your veggies from the woods too?

Keto is the fat man's equivalent of women thinking two week water fasts will solve their problems.

Not prioritizing a YUUUUGE amount of veggies and a good chunk of fruits is for mentally weak, greasy retards who love heart-attacks-on-plates.

Here's part of my dinner now. Around 18-20 different veggies in there. Learn, dummies.

>autism

Thank God.

Did keto for a month and lost over 10 pounds (desk job with minimal working out after work) but stopped because I was lazy and like hot cheetos. My mom was freaking about kidney stones though. What do Veeky Forums?? Anyone get them and see if potassium citrate helps??

>cherrypicks article
>calls me the retard
Kek. Have a good day user

>18-20 veggies in there
Does the flavor just get totally muddled at that point? I've only ever used 3, maybe 4 different vegs in my broths.

guess how i know that you understand jack shit about keto

Did keto for a week until the first night of actually being in ketosis his

the worst night of my life, the insomnia and high heart rate from the blasts of energy was unbearable.

you don't need this shit to lose weight.

Keto is retarded. Just eat normally you cunts

Why is salmon so fucking expensive? Even when it's "on sale" it's 6 bucks a pound. Meanwhile pork is $1.50 a pound and even beef is usually 3-4 bucks consistently. DESU I'd be happy to replace 90% of my red meat with salmon if I could afford the shit more.

Salmon

>pejorative buzzword you don't understand
>denial
It all checks out. This is what defeat looks like.

Careful not to let the door hit you on your return to reddit :^)

Keto can fix my autism?!

Nuts, caocao, shredded coconut, cheese, ring bologna, olives

I generally fry up 2-3 cups of kale for each mea alsol, in coconut oil, and throw some parmesan cheese on it

>Why is salmon so fucking expensive
it's not. matter of fact is that the meat industry is heavily subsidized.

I lost 60 lbs and then gained 30 with keto.

Make an actual quantifiable point.

salmon gives you intestinal parasites look into it. Not worth it bro i ate it for years turned out i had loads of worms. Sweet gains though.

I don't subscribe to the "keto is a meme" school of thought, but I don't know how people stick with it for so long. I did it for two weeks, was tired all the time, couldn't shit and got tired of not having any carbs at all.

I've had much more success with my weight loss just counting calories, but if Keto works for you all the power to you.

If you're producing glycogen than your eating too much protein IN ORDER TO REMAIN IN KETO. It's not bad to eat a lot of protein, but if you're making glycogen then there's glucose in your blood and you are not in keto.

String Cheese, Almonds, any kind of nuts just not too much or it will knock you out of ketosis.

also if you like pasta, try getting a vegetable spiralizer and using zucchini to make noodles instead of pasta. I tried it and it's actually pretty good.

You have to go a lot longer, your body adjusts. That's why it's so effective for people how aren't used to dieting. Once you're in, You don't want to leave because it's so hard to get back.

I've been on Keto since before Thanksgiving for weigh ins on Jan 30 and Feb 17. I've dropped 25 pounds, but I wouldn't be lying if I said my performance has dropped significantly. I'll eventually convert back to counting calories. I usually eat at 2k.

keep telling yourself that carbage addict

I will, while I stay DEXA'd at right under 8% fat all year long with better health than practically everyone in this shithole.

Enjoy your heart attack.

>one heavy metal containing compound sequesters another heavy metal

ayy lmfao

yeah pretty much. what a stupid analogy lmao

>self-delusions of a dyel
carboholics trying to think is cringeworthy enough, them trying to defend it is just comedy

Those are some very bold claims, I am going to need some scientific data to back those up.
I did the honor of looking up some scientific studies for you
"Conclusion

A low-carbohydrate diet based on animal sources was associated with higher all-cause mortality in both men and women, whereas a vegetable-based low-carbohydrate diet was associated with lower all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality rates."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/
very interesting that despite treating all those disease people who eat a keto diet have an increase risk of dying from all causes!

Does keto make anyone elseen tired?
I lost my first 30 lbs on keto, then another 20 without it because it was making me exhausted, but now I'm stuck at 180 with another 10-20 lbs to lose and I'm considering doing keto for a month or so. Thoughts?

>armchair misunderstandings
And now we know your science education never went higher than watching a few Breaking Bad episodes.

>people who eat a keto diet
is this guy serious

reddit.com/r/ketoscience/comments/47jeyp/lowcarbohydrate_diets_and_allcause_and/d0djv26/

Keto is fucking great, you can eat bacon, fatty steak, chicken thighs, etc oh and avocados are also fucking delicious

You should have waited a little longer, you were so close to ketosis, the feeling you get being fueled by ketones is euphoric

You can eat that on any diet, provided it's balanced.

You realize this makes the keto diet even more unhealthy right? If you think that replacing the carbs they did have with more meat and fat is healthier then you are delusional.
The oldest living population the Okinawans ate a vast majory of their calories from carbs
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20234038
They even put diabetic nordics on their diet and every single health marker got better and they even got to reduce or remove their diabetic treatment
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27664051
Keep trying to convince yourself that eating tons of meat and fat is healthy for you, but the only person that is going to get hurt is you, and the tax payers for your medical bills

does this mean the vegans are right

Thanks mr skeltal

I felt quite different actually.

After following Keto for about 1 month - 1 month 1/2 I felt generally more full of energy.

Thing is, the biggest issue with this diet is that I fell into a slight depression.

I doubt it's related to the diet alone, but the moment I broke the diet I felt much better, in matters of hours.

But once again, bodywise, I felt really great while on Keto, and the slight depression was only noticeable in retrospective, I could not really put a finger on it during the diet.

Sidenote, I spoke with a friend doctor about the Keto diet, and her reaction was that as long as I had enough to drink, and was sure that my kidneys were healthy, there should be no huge issues with it.

Then again, this opinion is not from a dietician so feel free to take it as you wish

>You realize this makes the keto diet even more unhealthy right? If you think that replacing the carbs they did have with more meat and fat is healthier then you are delusional.
That a proper keto diet would score lower and so be associated with lower mortality in your own taken-for-granted study refutes this assertion.

>The oldest living population the Okinawans ate a vast majory of their calories from carbs
According to some unverified claims made by the Willcox brothers who also happen to make their income selling books, documentaries, diet plans, and supplements based on them. Their research integrity is suspect.

westonaprice.org/health-topics/soy-alert/how-much-soy-do-okinawans-eat/

>They even put diabetic nordics on their diet and every single health marker got better and they even got to reduce or remove their diabetic treatment
So it looks good compared to the standard smorgasbord diabetics get diabetic on... acellular carbs, industrial seed oils, junk food, etc.. Says absolutely nothing about a proper keto diet.

>Keep trying to convince yourself that eating tons of meat and fat is healthy for you, but the only person that is going to get hurt is you, and the tax payers for your medical bills
I understand you need something to latch onto so you feel virtuous about your sugar addiction, but that's no excuse for posting unsubstantiated and sentimental garbage.

>kidney stones
nothing to do with keto

Tell her she should be fearmongering about liver stuff

>David Perlmutter

Money-chasing charlatan.

nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/06/problem-with-the-grain-brain-doctor.html

>Their research integrity is suspect.
>Then links to the Weston A. Price Foundation

Jesus christ.

Jesus was in ketosis many times and even cured an epileptic boy with it.

>That a proper keto diet would score lower and so be associated with lower mortality in your own taken-for-granted study refutes this assertion.

I am going to need a citation of multiple study following a lot of people over a long period of time before I buy this horseshit

>fatties who do keto think it's a miracle diet because you use energy from fat stores directly instead of burning through glycogen and other sources first
>they think this is actually good and means they'll burn more fat overall
You're severely impacting your athletic performance if you don't eat carbs, you body need glycogen and uses it much faster than it can use fat, keto doesn't do anything for weight loss, it's the deficit that matters for the vast majority of fat loss.

Targeted keto here. I don't eat much red meat though, maybe twice a week. My fat is mostly from nuts, olive or sesame oil. My protein choice is usually fish. Been single digit BF for almost 6 months now, and it seems sustainable. I eat maybe 50g carbs on performance days, and actually gained weight while dropping BF (started at 12% BF visually, been hovering around 6-8%).

looks like the toilet bowl after i get food poisoning

Nah it's in pubmed which means FACT dude. Bacon and butter are healthy while SUGAR causes all disease. You cannot deny this. Your irrational babble is hurting my eyes.

>you use energy from fat stores directly

You use the dietary fat you eat as energy. You eat fat instead of carbs, and your body uses that fat that you eat as a fuel source. Why the fuck does everyone seem to think that in keto, you eat fatty foods and then your body just ignores all those calories you ate and uses your body's stored fat exclusively instead? Keto doesn't make the calories you eat disappear.

>too much of a pussy to get past his sugar spike withdrawals
>projects lack of keto-adaptation onto others

Typical carbaholic shitter bullshit. Don't you have some crying to do? Your CICO meme has been utterly BTFO by the nephrologist Dr. Jason Fung. Look it up

Wild salmon is usually $8-12 per pound for me but I can buy two-pound bags frozen for $8. Maybe look into that.