I wanted to start with the Greyskull LP, doing the bench/squat and press/deadlift sets...

I wanted to start with the Greyskull LP, doing the bench/squat and press/deadlift sets. The program said to put in a plug-in for whatever else you wanted to focus on, but I wanted to know if it's ok to do two plug-in exercises each workout day, as I wanted as much back development as possible because I think backs are hot, but I don't want it lagging in either vertical or horizontal movement development. Pic related, back goals.

Week 1
Monday
>2x5, 1x5+ Bench Press
>2x5, 1x5+ Row
>2x5, 1x5+ Chin-Ups
>2x5, 1x5+ Squat
Wednesday
>2x5, 1x5+ Overhead Press
>2x5, 1x5+ Row
>2x5, 1x5+ Chin-Ups
>1x5+ Deadlift
Friday
>2x5, 1x5+ Bench Press
>2x5, 1x5+ Row
>2x5, 1x5+ Chin-Ups
>2x5, 1x5+ Squat

Week 2
Monday
>2x5, 1x5+ Row
>2x5, 1x5+ Chin-Ups
>1x5+ Deadlift
Wednesday
>2x5, 1x5+ Bench Press
>2x5, 1x5+ Row
>2x5, 1x5+ Chin-Ups
>2x5, 1x5+ Squat
Friday
>2x5, 1x5+ Row
>2x5, 1x5+ Chin-Ups
>1x5+ Deadlift

The only thing I see lacking is chest. I'd throw in dips or DB bench. And if you're really into back, you'd love power cleans. Consider doing DB bench and rows on bench/squat day, then chins and cleans on ohp/deadlift day.

when i did GSLP i did

A:
>bench/press 3x5
>squat 3x5
>weighted pull ups 2x8

B:
>bench/press 3x5
>deadlift 1x5 with powerclean singles to warm up
>row 2x8

weighted pull ups are the shit my man

Plug in whatever tickles your fancy really. My only suggestion is don't do anything that's going to fuck with the next compounds in the regimen. For example, don't go HAM on lateral db raises on Monday if you're hitting THE PRESS™ Wednesday. That being said, if you're not lifting heavy, add whatever you want whenever you want.

Honest question, how do power cleans work back?

Traps and spinal erectors mostly. They add glute, hamstring and quad work too. If I was just going to do one lower body lift it would be cleans, they're fantastic

baby amount of volume.

What do you mean?

You can do more reps. A lot more than you think you can. Do whatever you were gonna do originally. After that, lower the weight and do a lot of reps per set. At least 10 reps and 6 sets.

Well that's the point of doubling the weight increase in the Greyskull program if your final rep count is higher than 10 right?

Oops, that was meant for

Ugh fuck it's 2am

Would it be a good or bad idea to add farmers walks at the very end of the routine, perhaps on deadlift days?

I've had good results with Phrak's GSLP.

Personally I think dowing Rows and chins everyday is OTT, but at the same time I think its hard to do too many BW chin ups...

As for accessories/ plug ins, my rough rule of thumb is to spend 20 mins on 2 exercises on about 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps.

I was doing:
Monday: db hammer curl, skull crushers
Wednesday: back extensions, lat raises
Friday: db curl, dips

I'm 6'1 with lanklet proportions so my arms are noodles (pic related) - you might not need to do as much arm work.

And yeah stuff like farmers walks are fine, i'd do them on deadlift day

Nice. How long you been running it?

It's too much shit dude. You do 3x15+ (45+) reps each week in order to recover enough, but you thing it's a good idea to do TWICE that in raw pulling movements (rows + chins), not accounting for the upper back strain coming from squats, OHP and most importantly fucking deadlifts.

Just do something closer to the original program with back assistance:

Mon:
Bench/Press 2x5, 1x5+
Squat 2x5, 1x5+
Row 2x6-8 (double progression, still 12-16 reps)

Wed:
Press/Bench 2x5, 1x5+
Deadlift 1x5+
Chin Ups 2x6-8 (double progression, still 12-16 reps)

Fri:
Bench/Press 2x5, 1x5+
Squat 2x5, 1x5+
Row 2x6-8 (yadayada)
arms (2x8-12)
Facepulls 2-3 sets

or do
if you want to progress faster on diddlies but slower on squats.

either way your shit is way too much

>It's too much shit dude. You do 3x15+ (45+) reps each week in order to recover enough
supposed to be reps of pushing (press/bench)

Hi.

Tbh I was doing it before i knew of phrak's GSLP. I made pretty good gains in 2011-12 before i moved to L O N D O N and stopped lifting after a back injury (srs one of my biggest mistakes, don't be retarded like me).

Anyway i got back to the gym and basically maintained a 80kg bench press and a 55kg ohp...

Pic related is me in June. I decided to cut and basically have a fresh start. I went to a physio and he gave me the all clear to (front) squat and deadlift.

Ffs... pic of me in June

And here is a pic for you lads literally just now.

On nye i did bench 115kgx1, ohp 70kg x4 and i front squat 125kg x3 and deadlift 155kgx6

Tommorow i start phrak's gslp template but with texas method programming for ohp and bench.

hello

im super drunk but i want to hellp mey Veeky Forums friends becauswe they help

greyskull lp is better than stronglifts because it helps you beat plateaus harder than stronglifts becasuser of the AMARP proramming BUT this will usually leave you too exhuasted to do back work

I would do sensible AMRAP-1 aka "AMQRAP" reps then hit something like a cable row machine or barbell rows to hit that back. just take it easy then add back accessoriees like good normies.

also i agree with you the back ahs many muscles that juxtaposittion with each other, it's like the Syrian state atm, loads of diffrent factions vying to be big cunts

bump