Red Pill me on Creatine

Red Pill me on Creatine

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12571649?dopt=AbstractPlus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The color of the pill won't have any effect unless you're allergic to artificial colorings.

I did a creatine once and went bald

Not necessary for gains.
May promote hair loss.
May cause high blood pressure.

I was on it for 3 years and my hairline receded on it for the entire duration. I just thought I was going to go bald, because my grandfather and uncle on mothers side are bald.

The hairline stopped receding shortly after I stopped taking it.

Coincidence? My father still has his hair, with a mature hairline, at 65, but I've heard that balding comes from the mothers side?

Creatine is naturally found in red meat and when your muscles are saturated in it they retain much more water. That's all there is too it. It is effective because muscle mass is mostly water, so when they are at retention capacity they perform more optimal.

It also increases DHT which can activate or accelerate hairless in men that are prone to hairloss from having increased levels of DHT in the body

Take 2000mg of fish oil a day. Problem solved.

lol what, explain??????

did your hairline come back when you stopped? or just stop receding

if you are natty, you have to take creatine. I hopped on 2 weeks ago after 2 years of lifting and my shoulders and arms already a lot bigger.

Nope, hasn't come back, but yeah the receding stopped.

Hence why I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not.

Kind of weird that it receded from 25 to 28 (taking creatine during that ime), then stopped suddenly when I stopped the creatine?

It's a DHT blocker. Supposedly 1000mg is all it takes, but generally speaking there are numerous health benefits associated with taking as much as 2000mg. My father has shitty triglycerides and cholesterol (genetic predisposed) so his doctor has him taking 3000mg a day. Also the DHA and EPA is good for your brain.

If the hair follicles die they don't come back short of some stem cell magic and I'm not sure that's entirely worked out.

Been doing it since I was 15 in 2013 lol.

oh dude I have a friend who lost a fuck ton of hair from 25-28 and he's never lifted in his life. granted he's a turbo jew. that's probably the most common age to lose hairline.

I would advise you to look into those recommendations.

that's because of the hydration shell creatine takes

nothing is wrong with creatine, though there is some bad advice on taking it. you only need to take 5g per day. generally, people get problems when they take upwards of 20g per day. I bought a jar of sixstar creatine and it said to take 20g per day for 3 days to load (fine), 5g before workout and 5g after workout (excessive/unnecessary) and 5g on rest days (fine). because of the way creatine works, you don't need to take it close to your workouts. only take 5g per day and be ready to gain some water weight. should probably hydrate a bit more too because of the aforementioned hydration shell

Post the full study.
I'm inclined to believe that healthy individuals without a heart condition are I no way at risk. Sure maybe someone like boogie should worry, if someone is routinely exercising and has a manageable weigh and diet I'm calling bullshit.

3 years ago I used creating for the first time. used the instructed amount every single day. one month later I got diagnosed with testicular cancer.

that's not how creatine works but it does take a hydration shell
I knew a guy in college who was balding and he was no more than 22. some people bald early
going to need more than that little blurb to draw a proper conclusion from this

correlation does not equal causation

>memeing about his own cancer

I highly doubt creatine gave you cancer in 30 days.

>men with angina
This kills the argument

> creatine, not even once

Just raising a red flag. I don't want to preach too hard.

>Compliance was better with the fish advice than with the fruit advice. All-cause mortality was not reduced by either form of advice, and no other effects were attributable to fruit advice. Risk of cardiac death was higher among subjects advised to take oily fish than among those not so advised; the adjusted hazard ratio was 1.26 (95% confidence interval 1.00, 1.58; P=0.047), and even greater for sudden cardiac death (1.54; 95% CI 1.06, 2.23; P=0.025). The excess risk was largely located among the subgroup given fish oil capsules. There was no evidence that it was due to interactions with medication.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12571649?dopt=AbstractPlus

>oily fish = fish oil

k

Does creatine increase metabolism due to making you store extra water weight?

I've heard people saying they gain upwards of 5-10 pounds of water on it, wouldn't that create a slight boost in metabolism? like 50 calories or so.

what does chest pain have to do with premature balding?

I frankly don't see why more water = more metabolism outside of getting rid of excess. however, your body won't get rid of creatine's hydration shell because it is necessary for the creatine to stay in solution. you certainly will gain water weight from creatine though

>CONCLUSIONS:
>Advice to eat more fruit was poorly complied with and had no detectable effect on mortality. Men advised to eat oily fish, and particularly those supplied with fish oil capsules, had a higher risk of cardiac death. This result is unexplained; it may arise from risk compensation or some other effect on patients' or doctors' behaviour.

>Men advised to eat oily fish, and particularly those supplied with fish oil capsules, had a higher risk of cardiac death.

Dude I don't care about your father but I'm just saying.

Because your body requires more energy to move the more you weigh, regardless of whether it's fat or muscle or water or bone.

>posts study finding angina ridden men drop dead from fish oil caps
>fish oil supposedly prevents hair loss as it is a DHT blocker
>creatine increases DHT

see
this is why I was dubious of the study. it is impossible to do properly controlled studies like this because people are going to live their lives. to anyone considering taking creatine don't take more than 5g a day and if you start balding early you were probably going to anyways. if you have chest pain then exercise your damn heart by just doing some hiking. gets the heart pumping without the discomfort of running or more intense activity. also eat a balanced diet
I didn't consider this, but I think it is something to be disregarded for the majority of people. maybe if you are an endurance athlete you'd want to hop off creatine so doing the tour de france or an 8k run would be easier