Have any of you gotten out of a depression with exercise and diet alone?

Have any of you gotten out of a depression with exercise and diet alone?

Like, not due to a change in social status, money or anything else that would understandably make a person more chipper, but the purely chemical aspect of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

secondopinionphysician.com/five-biotypes-of-depression/
forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/b-12-the-hidden-story.142/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dreary bump.

Idk if the exercise is what's doing it for me. Definitely my diet. I just started bulking Tuesday and I'm already skinnyfat so I just feel myself getting fatter and my gyno getting worse. I think that's what's doing it for me, the fact that I'm getting fatter and the fact that I got gyno. Fuck I hate being skinnyfat.

>Definitely my diet
Continue.

Or I'll hurt you.

It's helping. I only started trying to get Veeky Forums (not there yet) because of the depression. Tried pills, therapy, quit smoking cigs and drinking, but still felt like shit. I was obese and sedentary.

In the last five months I started lifting, doing daily cardio and eating 1800 cals of nutritious food. I've lost 36 pounds so far and while my lifts are still baby weights compared to Veeky Forums, I've made decent progress considering I'm on a huge calorie deficit.

I certainly feel the best now that I have in a long time. I credit the exercise and weight loss. I'm by no means "cured", I still have shitty days, but I feel more in control of myself and my future instead of just feeling like random, mostly shitty things are happening to me.

So..

I don't own any weights, and I'm sort of also poor. Where's a good place to buy them and how heavy should they be?

Then cut till you're just skinny...

On another note, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU?!? FUCKING DUH, BULKING MAKES YOU FAT MORON.

Dude I read your post wrong. Thought you were saying if it made it worse. I think for me it's actually a 50/50 thing because I just started so after I get out of the gym I feel great. And I'm counting my calories and not just dirty bulking so that part of it feels good. It's the fact that there's no changes yet that is getting to me since I just started working out for the first time ever not counting push ups and shit before. Really man it's just that I've wasted so much time not doing shit and now that I'm doing it in just like fuck man I shoudla started sooner. But I mean overall it's a good thing, I feel like I'm doing something with my life.

No I mean describe the diet.

No shit. I'm just saying the actual act of getting fatter sucks. And no I'm not gonna cut, that's dumb as shit. I tried it before and I just looked aushwitz mode because I had no muscle, I'm bulking so that when I decide to cut i will actually have some fuckin muscle to cut down to.

Yeah. Absolutely. I was frail skele nerd who couldn't even jog for a minute without having a heart attack. Hated myself, social anxiety, no energy, hated doing anything, just kinda wandered into work/school and then to bed.

Things boiled over when I basically collapsed helping move some stuff and felt so pathetic I started lifting on Monday.

I think it's both a combination of the chemicals as well as having goals and a routine that keeps you away from bad habits (drugs, alchy, proper sleep, etc)

Also having the energy to do more social things & looking better both help.

One of the problems though is feeling too high after a workout and riding that into doing dumb shit.

>bad habits
>drugs, alchy,
>PROPER SLEEP

Well I usually eat 8-12 boiled eggs throughout the day, potatoes, oats, beans, rice, milk, I drink protein shakes, some fruit some veggies. Standard shit.

Fuck my nips look like that too, I deluded myself into thinking it was chest fat

First I would get your nutrition in order. That's the most important part of anything, and it doesn't cost money and might even save you money.

Then decide if you want to lose fat, stay around the same or gain muscle. Unless you're trying to gain muscle hardcore, you don't need to start with weights right away. You can just start working in some cardio or bodyweight exercises, which are free. You don't have to start everything overnight, just start different habits.

If you decide it's time to gain muscle, then a gym membership is probably the best bet to start. An effective home gym will run around $500 but last you a long time. (Power rack + weights + barbell + bench to lay on) is the best investment and you can get it cheaper than this picture shows if you shop around.

I've never actually been checked out just going by Veeky Forumss standards, but im pretty sure I got it.

I'm not really trying to get ripped or anything. I'm just constantly distracted and drained all day every day. Getting to work on my art is a fight in itself. And the antidepressants I've tried don't work.

Getting fit is literally the last idea left. If it's an issue of demoralization alone then I'm already finished.

As for the home gym thing, there's not a room in the house I could put any of it, unfortunately. Not even the bench itself. So I gotta be spartan about it.

I heard coffee is actually really bad for you in this respect.

True/false..?

They always recommend tea instead.

I'm depressed because of a personality disorder and fitness helps a lot
What also helped making me happy was escaping into video games. I wish I just could lift and play vidyas all day long

What do you lift and where?

You definitely should probably not be bulking user. You should be cutting and lifting as heavy as you can and get that protein.

As a Manlet that's like 190 and currently doing this I'm steadily getting skinnier and still making gains.

Weightlifting is what got me through one of the darkest points in my life. Even though I couldn't succeed in life, I could at least succeed in working out.

See:

As someone that's insanely unstable emotionally, I can say without lifting I get anxious as fuck. if I miss a day I feel like the ugliest fuckkng person in the world, don't want to do anything but hide, and become a borderline NEET. Then the moment I'm done with a gym session I feel like a king, go out, do productive things and actually try in life. It's a complete 180 in my entire state of mind.

I feel like I need therapy of some kind because I doubt that's normal, but i don't want to cry about my life to some therapist or psych that doesn't give a fuck beyond just putting me on some pills.

I figure lifting is a better habit than being a miserable drug addict or alcoholic or some shit, and as long as I don't miss a day I'm good, so no harm, no foul.

Ty for reading my blog Veeky Forums

That shit sounds like you have a legitimate chemical imbalance in your brain that's alleviated by the chemical cascade induced through exercise.

If you haven't had a physical in a while, and you have health insurance, get full bloodwork done.

Alright how can I lift at home without actual weights?

Yeah man i gotta agree with You sound like the type of person that actually has something wrong with them chemically. I would definitely follow the bloodwork advice and maybe consider changing your stance on therapy and psychiatrist. Yes there are alot of idiots that claim theyre depressed or ocd or adhd etc etc. But you sound like something is way off, you shouldnt be jumping from both ends of the mental spectrum just from working out or missing a workout.

If you are interested in chemical aspect of depression, google what William Walsh has to say about the depression. A methylation protocol fixed my lifelong depression in a couple of weeks.

Link?

secondopinionphysician.com/five-biotypes-of-depression/

There are few methylation protocols out there but freddd's protocol seems to be the most popular

Here's link to the protocol

forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/b-12-the-hidden-story.142/

It's the only thing that managed to fix my depression and I tried tons of stuff and supplements before. Meditation, lifting, good diet, random supplements etc. Nothing worked. I was still depressed until I cut out whey (glutathione precursor) and started supplementing large amounts of methylcobalamin (b12) and methylfolate.

Yup. Was clinically depressed for 12+ years and didn't even know it. Did a test on the NHS and pretty obviously depressed.

Treated it through exercise alone. I've since fixed my diet, sunshine, most of my sleep etc, but exercise alone was enough.

I've come to learn that depression is mostly:
>High Estrogen from not working out
>Low Test from not working out
>Low Vitamin D and poorly regulated melatonin from lack of sunshine

Men in the west are not suffering some government conspiracy to put estrogen in the water or eating too many hormone pumped animals- they're simply staying in doors and sitting on their arses too much.

>I heard coffee is actually really bad for you in this respect.
For depression? No. It's a temporary stimulant to the adrenal system which has no direct affect on depression and indirectly a marginal effect on blood pressure and cortisol.

>They always recommend tea instead.
This is because green tea in particular contains theanine, which combats the anxiety effects of too much caffeine or high blood pressure. L-Theanine is what they're probably recommending.

Get a job or do some odd jobs til you can get $50 and buy some weights. Take it seriously for fucks sake or you're going nowhere.

Also Bodyweight exercise can help, it just requires more discipline

>I was still depressed until I cut out whey (glutathione precursor) and started supplementing large amounts of methylcobalamin (b12) and methylfolate.
This is certainly a lot of wordy words here.

I guess my main question is if this is an expensive option or not.

>Get a job or do some odd jobs
Do you want my life story about the shit that's been going on, sir.

That pic m8

Look, I seriously don't understand why everybody who posts on this website claim to be depressed, anxious or socially autistic and then post some fuckin chinese cartoon from their desktop (or worse, their phone) and can't seem to establish the link between their obsession over socially-separating hobbies such as weeb-neet and their autismo levels.

Like; that's like self awareness 101. Honestly if you're this much of a fuckin sped that you can't get rid of a shitty habbit to better your own life then you deserve to be depressed you fuckin sped

It costs me 30$ a month. The reason why it's so expensive is because for me is because I had been taking whey for a long time and now I need large amounts of methylfolate (this alone costs me 18,75$ a month). For most people it's cheaper than this.

I'm from slavland so this is a lot of money for me but I'd rather be broke and happy than have extra 30$ and be depressed

no it also took a ton of drugs

Whew. What a philistine.

Nobody cares. Get a job or do odd jobs and take it seriously.

>Hey everyone who's doing what I'm doing and is also depressed, I'm not depressed therefore you're not as good as me
Grow up kid, nobody cares about your opinion because it doesn't bring anything to the table.

Sir, do you want the life story? You're asking for a life story when you trespass on such topics.

just tell your story faggot

Nobody cares, stop asking. Get a job or do odd jobs and sort yourself out.

Sir, pls. I need a yes or no answer.

>Men in the west are not suffering some government conspiracy to put estrogen in the water
It's not a conspiracy (at least not directly), it's just a side effect of women being on the pill and pissing out large quantities of estrogen, that stays in the water supply. But it certainly is happening, don't kid yourself.

Our sedentary lifestyles are a much bigger factor though, I won't argue that.

>Please give me advice
>I don't like your advice, let me shitpost a lot instead

Never gonna make it

Forced meme.

I've read the same blogs you have about fish turning female. I looked pretty hard into it and couldn't find a single study or piece of credible evidence.

On the other hand I did find some evidence of leeched hormones from bovine and fowl animal feed.

Either way, thinking that pumping even millions of gallons of hormones into and having even a part of a part per million affecting fish stocks is just batshit insane.

The ocean is a lot bigger than the blogs that make this shit up will admit.

Except we need freshwater, and lakes are significantly smaller than the ocean. Even with evaporation/rain, there's not really that much circulation.

Alright let's simplify it.

IT'S A CRACKPOT THEORY AND NOT WORTH THE OXYGEN WE BREATHE.

Actually, I might just be retarded. Ignore that post.

What anime is this from?

Yes

Have you never played a fighting game in your life?

I've ordered a pair of 8kg kettlebells. They seem to get expensive in a hurry, so I hope that's enough for my purposes for now.

[spoiler]And aaargh I forgot about shipping costs for weighty things[/spoiler]

Okay what the fuck is with these alternative boards and disabling spoiler tags. So obnoxious

What can you do with 8kg? That's below beginner level weight in almost every exercise.

Yoga was better for my depression than 150mg of venlafaxine per day. Find kino yoga on YouTube and do her shit

What do you want me to say to you, user.

I'm new to all this. And as I just said, they're expensive. Guy in the thread says "Hey spend 50 bucks, do it properly" well that was the 50 dollar option.

Damned if you do or don't with you people.

>do her shit
Do..do I have to?