Accutane

anybody ever take this shit? i see it talked about on Veeky Forums a lot so I assume you guys have some experience with it.

my doctor offered to perscribe it to me. antibiotics DO work for my face but every time I come off them it flares up again.

he said I would have to do about 4-5 months of the accutane and then I could take a maintenance dose of 2 pills per week and never have to deal with acne again

im just worried about those sides, they sound horrible

who here took this drug?

I'd say try it user. I've got mild Acne but I want to go on a course for 1 month just to clear it up before uni. Can't do it for longer because, I won't be able to drink then. Which means it would make it harder to bang club whores.

I was on it for like 6 months. Low dose. It does dry your skin out a bit, but I haven't suffered from cystic acne since I took it 4 years ago. I still get the occasional pimple though. No biggie

define low dose

Would recommend.

Dried my nose/cheekbone areas out like a mother fucker. It was so bad it would flake and peel like a terrible sunburn. If I happened to scratch it I could see tons of skin just fall off my face. Went from feeling self conscious about my acne to feeling self conscious about my dry as fuck face.

I was only on it for two months but afterward my acne problems mostly went away, went from 3-5 major pimples a week to maybe 1 moderate pimple a week.

Get on it asap.

It works, but you can't drink on it, it will dry your skin, and you may have issues with dry skin once you're off it depending on how long/how much you take. I never get acne on my face or back anymore, but I sometimes have issues with my armpits feeling dry and a little irritated. Depending on your age and how bad your acne is I would consider improving diet instead. I took Accutane when I was 17 or so, but now looking back I could have just waited a few years and eaten better for acne to improve naturally.

I'm about to do my second course. Accutane is pretty much the closest thing to a miracle drug medical science has invented. My first course cleared my severe cystic acne by like 80%, my derm thinks this next course will do away with it. I still got the scars but that's better than acne.

it worked great for me, just take some salva to counter the dryness of lips/cheeks, was abit of a pain in the ass but totally worth it,

you can drink on it, but i just drank beer so i wouldnt fuck my liver up

Currently on it right now - it's basically one of medicine's few definitive cures.

Lots of scare stories, I've got no side effects as far as I'm aware - I could convince myself I'm a little tired but nothing major.

Use sunscreen - preferably a good moisturiser with an SPF.

As well as getting rid of acne it also makes your skin look glowing and magnificent once the course is done and it's all out of your system.

If I regret anything in this life, it's that I didn't save my highschool years by taking accutane earlier. I was dumb enough to let all the pussy ass faggots on the internet scare me with their side-effect horror stories. OP stay on a low dose (20-30 mg per day) if you're scared of the side effects, but get on it ASAP; at the moment I'm taking 2 pills a day (20 mg), I can't remember my last pimple, and the only side-effect is dry lips. All I do for skincare is moisturizing at night and putting on sunscreen in the morning and my face is perfectly comfy, not dry even though I used to run through cycles of BOTH oily and dry skin, with acne throughout. Accutane is a miracle and no matter what bitch ass niggas say on the internet, no matter what side-effects you may have (I admit that everyone react differenly to drugs) it's worth at least to try it.

Do it if you have cystic acne that's scarring your face. Otherwise, eh...

I took it at 15/16 and did two rounds. Fixdd my acne (though I do have drier skin now). However, it's given me mild IBS. Didn't kick in until I was 22. When I shit, it's always loose/liquidy and I have to wipe FOREVER. Like 10+ minutes. I eat lots of fiber, no change.

So there's that.

I got off it because it worsened my depression

I went on it when I started uni, still drank alcohol. Difference is, you get absolutely fucked around 2/3 drinks in, its insane.

I got on it for like 6 months when I was 17, skin was perfect for a bit then alil acne came back but not too bad. Sister did it at about the same time as me and we both had thinned out hair. My hair is thick enough but my hair lines as far back as my 28 and 35 year old brothers. Idk if its receding anymore because im on minoxidle and some other shit

it works. dried me out like a mofo. buy moisturizer and lip chap, carry them on you frequently, and use when needed

Been on it for a month (40mg), it works but it makes your lips and lower face dry. It also makes you more tired.

Don't do it op. Antibiotics mess with your digestion aka you won't get the most out of your meals. Tretinoin is what you should ask him about. I used to have terrible skin and this helps a bunch

It worked for my brother who had horrendous acne at one point. He'd wake up with blood all over his face/pillows from his acne literally erupting out of his face. It's a powerful drug so make sure you've exhausted your other options before you dive into this one.

I took it freshmen year in highschool. You lips and face become as dry as a desert but it works. I was on it for 6 months and it cleared my severe acne. DO it! That was 5 years ago and havent had one zit since.

I used it for about a year and I would definitely do it again if I had to.

Made me think more suicidal thoughts, but not too bad.

6 month course of 80mg a day got rid of years worth of horrendous cystic acne.
It also made accelerated the shit out of my MPB and made all my hair fall out.

That actually sounds good considering I'm going to be poor af, but I heard that if you drink while on it you fuck up your liver badly. Because accurate already puts so much pressure on it which is why you get blood tests apparently.

I never took it but I had moderate acne in my teens. Tried everything that wasn't prescription drugs and nothing worked, except for green tea capsules. They work as a natural anti androgen, 1000mg a day should be good enough for bad acne.

On claravis(same thing) You will break out at end of first month as if the acne is trying one last effort to harm you, after that it slowly kills the acne in your body, like a slow death

i had mild acne, bought accutane online and ran it 20mg/day for 6 months. my face was clear around the 5 month, it takes time for the levels to build in your blood, 1 month will not be long enough

best decision i ever made tho, that was 4 years ago and my skin is still perfect even if i eat shitty junk food for days in a row

btw you can drink just limit it to 3 times a month max and don't go too hard, chapped lips were the only side effect i experienced but they were bad, you'll be applying vaseline multiple times a day

btw also ran 5mg accutane/day while doing a test cycle, skin looks better than pre roids, love this drug

I knew a guy that went on it. Dried the absolute shit out of his skin and he got Crohn's disease, but I don't know his dosage or if they ever determined the medicine was the cause of it or not.

I've never had acne bad enough to consider taking it, so I can't really put myself in your place but I'd stay away, for what it's worth.

It worked for my husband. 6 months and he's never had to deal with the insane acne he used to get. There are occasional flare ups but only if he doesn't drink enough water or eats shit food - stuff that causes acne for most people.

As for the side effects, they were bad. He got really moody and depressed. Initially he thought he was going crazy but then we figured out it was the pills and that made it a bit easier to deal with. It was tough, but the results have been great for almost 10 years now.

And based on how much his acne really bothered him, it was worth it.

I was on it for a while.

Makes you feel a bit low, fucked my joints, dried my skin out and made me feel weak.

Would not recommend unless you have tried switching to cold showers for 2 weeks with no soap or face scrub products.

If you are washing your face in fresh cold water using only your hands your skin will fix itself I guarantee it. When you feel an oily patch on your face like around your nose just wipe at it till it is gone.

Hot water and clensing products are drying your skin out so much your body produces excess oil. Your skin may get worse within one week, but will be perfect within two.

The showers don't even need to be freezing, just cold enough that your body registers it as cold.

Start with your feet and legs, then hands and arms, chest and junk, head under, then finally your back. Won't even feel bad. Imagine you are in a fresh stream.

Perfect skin in 2 weeks. You won't go back.

>acne is bad but not cystic
>doctor wants me to take 40mg a day and work up to 80mg a day

that sounds fucking horrible. I heard in Europe they don't give you more than 40mg a day and it still works just as well

im thinking about just filling the prescription and saying fuck you and taking 40mg a day and never building up to 80

do it desu 80mg is really high, 20mg worked wonders for me

I would even take 20mg per day but I honestly don't even think you can get 20's in America.

I took it for 6 months in highschool. 22 now and I only have maybe one pimple per month that goes away in like 4 days tops.

Are you over 80kg (180lbs)? It's 1mg per 1kg of bodyweight.

I'm on it. I have a prescription for 20mg. Take it once per day. I'm on my thirteenth day today so the acne should start to subside from now on. (first week it can get a little worse) I got really dry skin, cracked lips and headaches from intracranial tension.
The headaches are the worst, but as long as I stay hydrated it's manageable.
I can't speak for the results yet because I still have a month and a half to go.

I take 20mg a day. If I took 40 my head would probably explode. Definitely don't take 1mg per kg bodyweight. That's a sure way to get fucked up.

im 155lbs

Where did you buy it online?

I took 60mg a day when I was bulking from about 60 to 70kg. I was fine.

I'd do 40mg for two months and then bump it up to 60 if you're doing fine. That's what I did.

I'm curious too, been using benzoyl peroxide for a while. It works for mild acne but it doesn't prevent the occasional nodule that really kills my confidence.

No headaches whatsoever?

Took it in high school. Eventually ceared up my acne, but made my skin very dry. Like, my hands were scaley type dry.

Also made me suicidally depressed. So watch out for that.

Oh also, it dried out my nose lining a lot. I would wake up with massive nosebleeds.

Definitely don't take more than 20mg

Nope. Dry and red face, lips, eyes and sometimes nose, and I got slightly more irritable, but that's about it. Also extreme sensitivity to sun. I stayed inside as much as possible and took it during winter, but on the first day of crazy sunshine in weeks I wasn't prepared, couldn't leave where I was and I turned into a lobster. It didn't hurt, but it looked ridiculous.

genericdoctor although recently aipctshop has been good for me

I don't think you can get 20's in the US

Am I fucked? Lowest I can get is 40 and my dermatologist is a bit of an ass so I don't think he'd like it if I asked him for 20s

If you had severe acne and cystic fucking pimples do it brah... i went on it for 6 months and it cleared my shit up.... the main side effects were dry nostrils which can be treated with vasaline and dry lips which need lip balm every 20 min (i recommend aquafor it lasts longer than sticks)... my face wouldnt get dried like everyone since i only moisurized once a day... oh yeah during month 5 and 6 i started getting severly depressed .. hellish times those 2 months were but its worth it... im starting to become happy again even tho >tfw when no gf..

buy from here
or alternatively, take 40mg once every two days

Not true for everyone... i drank vodka, whiskey, rum (not mixed) almost once a week and my tolerance was the same if not greater.. and my blood tests every month came out fine

>40mg once every two days
interesting

I took It for two months when i was 17/18, two pills a day, It did wonders, my acne was that kind of acne that doesnt make your face develop holes but leaves dark spots where the zit was, and the zits were huge so my face was filled with dark spots. I was already deppresed during that time and It made me suicidal and It dried the shit out of my lips and i developed eczema thanks to the dermatologist fucking up the dosage but It was only in my hands so It was ok i guess.
I still have eczema, i cant wash the dishes Without gloves, and i still develop acne but only when im stressed so Its ok, my backne never went away though but It isnt severe so i dont care