Why the fuck am I not losing weight?

Why the fuck am I not losing weight?

I currently weigh 245 lbs. I used to be fit years ago but I had an accident and had surgery and lost all of my gains and shit after that and got fat. I'm working it off now though, at least I thought.
At the start of January I weighed 248 lbs. Since then, I've been going to the gym everyday to do an hour of cardio and an hour of weight lifting. I eat fruits and vegetables throughout the day in small amounts, and every other day I fast. I don't normally count calories, but after weighing myself today I decided to go through my daily rations and figure out how many calories are in them. Between the fruits, vegetables, nuts, and rice, I eat about 1000 calories every other day. And I burn off probably 600 of that at the gym since I'm fat as fuck.

So what the fuck is going on? I haven't lost a single pound in the past week. Has my metabolism slowed to a crawl or something?

And no, I haven't been eating anything more than what I've just listed here. I don't even really get hungry anymore. Something else has to be at play here because if you average it out throughout the week and compare it to my basal metabolic rate, I'm at an energy deficit that should be losing 3-4 pounds a week, not 3-4 pounds a month.

You're counting fucking calories wrong. Your body cannot defy thermodynamics.

Count again, if it's going in your mouth you have to count it. Count oils you cook with, etc... actually measure. If you're using an app to keep track, try a different one. Make sure your serving sizes are 100% accurate.

You are eating more than you think, and stop eating fruit and shit in small quantities spread throughout the day unless you want to be insulin resistant. The fasting is good, but since you are so fat you probably should be doing multi-day fasting.

Also how are you weighing yourself? The only right answer is to weigh yourself every morning at the same time naked and then take the average of the week to find your actual weight.

I'm not counting the calories wrong. And my serving sizes are 100% accurate, I portion out all of my meals a week in advance and weigh them rather than measure their volume since that is more accurate. I steam the vegetables so there's no oil with them, and I haven't eaten meat in almost a month, I get my protein from nuts and the occasional whey powder shake. This doesn't make any sense to me. And the pears I eat have a ton of fiber so I shouldn't be carrying around a ton of shit in my stomach.

But I've also lost an inch off my waistline, and yet I still weigh the same. I don't understand what the fuck is going on here.

Your weight will fluctuate
I'd weigh yourself once a month to see if you're asking good orogress

I'm not eating more than I think. When I say rations for the day, I literally mean a ration. I have little tupperware containers that contain a pear, broccoli, cauliflower, some nuts, and sometimes a yogurt or something and that's all I eat for the day. And sometimes rice. But like I said, when I weigh it all and check the nutrition stats, I am only eating 1000-1200 calories a day.

And like I said I'm also doing a fuck ton of cardio. I do an hour of cycling and then half an hour of weights, and then every other day I run one mile and walk one mile.

Well like I said, on January 1st I weighed 248 pounds. As of this morning, I weigh 245.

>I'm not counting the calories wrong.
>I'm not eating more than I think.

Holy shit, call the US Government, you have literally the only body in the world that can defy the laws of physics and create mass from literally nothing. You'll be a superhero. We can use your powers to end the energy crisis.

Or count your fucking calories right.

Def. You are 100% doing it all correct which is why you are here asking for help because what you are doing isn't working.

Well, pack it in boys. OP solved this case. He's fat and not losing weight because WE are all wrong.

>I'm not counting the calories wrong
Then your body is a fucking magic perpetual motion device. You create energy from nothing and no longer require calories to survive. The world's energy crisis has been solved within one man's metabolism, and wouldn't you know it? He's here preaching the fucking gospel truth on an anonymous Japanese bodybuilding imageboard.

I don't know what the hell you want me to tell you, I'm not counting anything wrong. It is all weighed with a scale in grams, and then I consult either the nutrition label on the thing or in the case of fruits and vegetables I consult the USDA's website. Unless my body is holding onto an extreme amount of water weight or something I don't know what's going on here. Would you like me to make a spreadsheet of what I eat in a day?

>I am only eating 1000-1200 calories a day.
>Every other day I fast
>I'm doing shit loads of cardio
>Lost 3 pounds in a month
You are definitely eating more than you think you are. I weigh 240 lbs, so I'm comparable to you. I eat 1900 calories a day, and intermittent fast for 16 hours a day. I am eating much more than you say you are, and I am losing 2-3 lbs every -WEEK-.

Sorry bro but you need to reassess your diet.

You're lying. You couldn't work out at the rate you're claiming on so few calories.

You're full of shit.

How often do you weigh yourself? Is it possible your last weigh in was an anomaly?

eat some protein you retard

protein and vegetables come first
then complex carbs
then healthy fats

drink plenty of water

Stop eating fruit. Replace it with fats and protein instead.

Going by what I learned already, I think you entered starvation mode too soon too fast. Eat something like 2450-3000 worth of calories.

Your body isn't losing any weight because you're not giving it enough nutrients and food to lose weight. Your body is instead retaining its fat deposits because it assumes you're starving yourself and needs that fat to burn the renaming energy you use to burn those 600 calories a day. What you're doing is really excessive. You're eating a little and working out a lot, daily, which also isn't giving your muscles enough time to recover. How long do you sleep a night? How much water do you drink? Other factors do come into play, but since you stunned your body with this new routine all at once, it's going to fight back before it complies because it's not use to what you're doing and it's assuming what you're doing is limiting your food intake for survival and not weight lose.

You also have to remember weight lose is a gradual and typically slow process if you're doing it a healthy way. It may take you months to lose your desired weight. Sometimes you'll plateau and that's normal; you just have to switch it up a bit, but what you're doing now is considered nutrient restriction. Coupling that with over working your body and you're not going to get where you want to be anytime soon.

Nuts have more fat than protein.

COUNT
YOUR
CALORIES

You eat too much. Eat 600 calories less

/thread

Try /nofap/

>/thread-ing yourself

First day here?

Try eating nothing but egg whites, some veggies and a multivitamin
If you don't lose weight when doing that I don't know what to tell you

There is nothing else to talk about. Op simply eats too much

Op said he eats nuts as his main protein source, probably doesn't realize how calorie dense they are.

To get 75g of protein from peanuts he would need to eat 300g of peanuts totaling 1700 kcal.

And that's still less than the recommended protein intake on a cut.

Eat more cum.

Dear lord imagine all the fat content in that many fucking nuts.

I eat a handful of mixed nuts a day just to get my fat macros up, but THIS is insanity.

I always chicken out after I orgasm.

If you really ate as little as you claim you do, you would've easily lost like 6 pounds just the first 3-5 days, just from water loss.

When I cut on 1500kcal/day, that is typically how it goes for me. Obviously weight loss slows down after that, but you should still see a significant weight loss right away.

Other than that your scale may be inaccurate (also considering that you should weigh yourself in the exact same every day; e.g. every morning without clothes on, right after peeing, before drinking or eating anything -- otherwise weight can easily fluctuate by 5-10kg!) you should consider the possibility that you're eating more than you think you are.

If you've lifted before, you might also be gaining quite a bit of weight quite fast from growing back some muscles, but there is no way that can account for your lack of weight loss.

Anyway, keep going, if your waistline is becoming slimmer, you're making progress.

Also cut out that "fasting every other day" crap, that can't be good for you. And get a proper source of protein.

I'd be happy with a 3lb loss.

Use Myfitnesspal you fucking retard.
If you have to calculate everything yourself every mealcyou're gonna fuck up.

>Also cut out that "fasting every other day" crap, that can't be good for you.
Not OP but intermittent fasting is actually VERY good for you, user. Look into it.

>I'm not counting the calories wrong
bullshit faggot. kill yourself

We need a camera crew to fucking go Truman Show on this nigga. He's defying the laws of nature. I want to see exactly what hes eating, exactly what hes drinking and his "tons" of cardio.

I know about IF. You don't fast for an entire day, you just skip breakfast or whatever. Or maybe you skip eating two days a week tops. Skipping every other day while also being on such a heavy caloric deficit the other days (or not, I guess) is way too hard.

Shut the fuck up and don't give advice here. What you "learned" was wrong.

Fyi OP. I lose 1 to 2 lbs a week and I'm only 214 lbs. And I'm eating 2200 to 2300 kcal a day. You're doing your measurements wrong. Stop arguing that point and fix it.

You sound like a troll telling literally everyone in here that they are wrong and you arent.

Count your calories homeboy you definitely aren't doing it right I started on the 1st at 216 eating 1900 calories a day and I'm at 206.8 now. Your body isn't special

Check out the dnp thread. You can burn half a pound to two and a half pounds of fat a day.