Post-workout food

So what does Veeky Forums ingest within a half hour of their workout?

I've been told that a peanut butter sandwich is a really good post-workout snack. What sort of peanut butter and bread does Veeky Forums like?

pwo shake with whey

I like whole wheat bread (190 cals & 11g of protein for 2 slices) and natural PB. I've been told chocolate milk is a good post-workout option, so I stick to breakfast when it comes to peanut butter toast.

Cum.

Greek yogurt for me

beans and rice.
tofu and rice.
beans and sweet potatoes.
tofu and sweet potatoes.
broccoli aswell

drinking pre workout AFTER a workout

nigga

peanut butter is 85% fat, albeit "healthy fat". just doesnt seem worth the macros to me

2 scoop f whey immediately, then 1 kg of food. 500g of chicken breast and 500g of a side dish like beans, quinoa, bit of mashed potatoes

>cum

I said post, not pre.

whether you eat 30 minutes or 4 hours after working out makes no difference whatsoever as far as recovery before your next workout and as fr as gains

Same here
>Chobani fag here
You recommend any better Greek yogurts?

>Eating fat after a workout

Fat slows protein absorption. Post workout you want immediate protein absorption. I have a protein shake plus a packet of starburst. One part of the day where it's optimal to eat sugar.

Banana, 2 scoops of whey, creatine, peanut butter, oats in the blender

I eat PB&J as a preworkout. I feel it's much better for that. Perfect balance of slow release carbs from whole bread and jam and good fats from natural peanut butter. I eat that as a snack an hour after breakfast.

Fage has more protein

I do this but without creatine and more whey, also not putting it into the blender

Maybe slows, but not inhibits. No need to be so anal about your diet.

Just eat your calories and macros, and try to spread the macros out over you meals a bit.

If you're consuming creatine post-work out then you're doing it wrong.

Whatever food my Uni is serving, typically have good choices. There's always tacos available.

If you're not ingesting power oat with some smooth peter pan then kys.

ribeye steak and 2 sweet potato

Oh yeah, 18g as opposed to 12g, thanks man

What does it matter. Maintenance for creatine is 1 little scoop a day. Why does it matter when you take it. Have any resources for this?

Well I found this other peanut butter at the Shaw's next to my gym earlier. 8g of protein, 7g carbs, 16 fat. I've been cutting back on fat in other meals, so hopefully this peanut butter tastes decent, too.

if anything, directly post workout right before a meal is the best possible timing for creatine

>Slow release carbs
>jam

>implying I use America tier jelly

Yogurt, Oats and Protein blend on top

This

>European sugar is different

Jam is literally sugar and fruit. That's the fucking recipe.

I use natural jam. It's not processed with added sugar, only the slow release carbs from the fruit.

What brand? I want to buy some of this jam.

It's local farmer made. For you, just look in your local supermarkets that specialize in natural foods. Don't get all of your shit in those places, though, because the stock they sell is usually intentionally overpriced. Feels good not having all your local farmers owned by Monsanto.

>bread

Yeah, I'd like to make it, thanks.

misread

Carbs are an essential macronutrient, user.

Protein shake, 1 banana & 1/2 cup raisins for fast muscle recovery

not this shit again

I slam a litre of milk and a steak and cheese pie

fatty detected. peanut butter is goat.

are you under the impression that creatine provides acute benefits?

keto disagrees

Rice, potatoes, yam, taro. Good sources of carbs.

meme diet

I'm a chobani fag too. I heard fage is good but hella expensive

I'm cooking 5 pounds of chicken breast.

serious question, what makes rice or potatoes a better source of carbs than "bread", which is what you (i assume) pointed out as a suboptimal source

CMON

this they are all high GI

Somebody post the WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BREAD image.

Arigatou, user-kun.

Update on this particular peanut butter:

Bretty gud! You have to mix it up first, as the top layer is practically liquid, but it tastes good. Sticky as fuck in your mouth, though.

Ayran (yogurt+salt+water)
Protein shake

1 scoop of protein
1/2 banana
1/2 cup of black berries
1/4 cup of flax seed
Almond milk or water

bread and some eggs, and some gourds of yerba mate

tried before with:

-a large portion of fish
-a cup of oats with milk

but I keep preferring the eggs post workout, they feel good

>within a half hour of their workout

how is this relevant? meal timing is a fucking meme

The studies that looked into this found an increased rate of muscle regrowth if the subject ate something with sufficient carbs and proteins within a half hour of a workout.

And besides, you're probably fucking hungry after a good workout anyway.

Idgaf about it being a specific half hour but I tend to make a weed pina colada smoothie
>tbsp coconut weed butter
>cup of frozen pineapples
>scoop pineapple whey isolate
>cup of coconut water

I've had hemp cereal, but I can safely say I've never had a weed smoothie. How does that taste with the pineapple and coconut water? Like an island?

I started keto 3 days ago, we will see how this goes

>not waiting to suck HIS dick til after the workout to get that delicious man stench

what are you, gay?

> flax
enjoy your estrogen