QTDDTOT Eternal New Years edition

>how do i-
READ THE STICKY

Other urls found in this thread:

nhs.uk/news/2016/07July/Pages/The-new-guidelines-on-vitamin-D-what-you-need-to-know.aspx
1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you guys get more confident after cutting?
Dirty bulkan for 8 months and i feel like shit.

You should feel like shit. "Dirty bulking" is just an excuse to eat like a fatty.

>Did you guys get more confident after cutting?
I'm in the progress of losing weight and each week I feel better in every way. Formerly 275lbs now down to 235. I'm going to stop at 190-200 and see what else needs to be done. Fuck being "big" my back, knees and mood have been improving the lighter I get.

i'm cutting now faggot. my dirty bulk has given me awesome muscles and strenght, so i will look like a GOD in 3-4 months

Slowly watching a flat stomache get more definition, slowly turn into a 4 pack and then finally become a 6 pack is rewarding as fuck.

You also probably feel like shit because you're fat.

Rate my regime pls, OYC=Of your choice

A:

3x5+ Bench/Press
3x8+ Pullup
3x5+ Squat
3x10 Abdominals OYC

B:

3x5+ Bench/Press
3x8+ Rows
3x12 Curls (incline hammer/ez)
3x5+ Deadlift

C:

3x5+ Bench/Press
3x8+ Chinups
3x10+ Forearms
3x10 Abdominals OYC

Supplement with calf raises, train until failure, weighted chin-/pullups

Pls rate my diet or give me pointers if I'm missing something

Breakfast- 2 eggs, big garden salad with half avocado, homemade protein bar.

Lunch- Chicken breast, homemade white bean soup with olive oil drizzled on top.

Dinner- Grilled Trout, small piece of rye bread, hot mustard, pickled red onions and pickles

Snack- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds and another protein bar

Calories are 2000 and 155g protein.

I'm a university student who doesn't have the time to lift and due to the shitty British weather this time of year, rarely even leaves his room (there's a good chance that I'm deficient in vitamin D).

I'm trying to fight depression, what are some Veeky Forums approved exercises I can do without a set of weights?

For fighting depression, start either going out jogging, or taking walks. If you have some studying shit you have to do I guess I recommend reading it onto some sort of device that you can play back into mp3, and have that to listen to while you run/walk.
Also, get yourself a chin-up thingy that you put in the doorway. That, combined with pushups and planks should give you a great start.

Start taking vitamin D if you can, bub.

Bodyweight squats, sing leg squats, lunges, glute bridges, planks and side planks, pushups, incline or decline pushups, burpees, shadow boxing.

Also depending on your posture you can do tons of stretches and yoga exercises to wake up dormant or lagging muscles. Cobra stretches, pec stretches and hip stretches are your friend if you're in a chair all day.

This is the IDEAL diet right here

Breakfast - dozen eggs and gallon of human milk
Lunch - dozen eggs and gallon of human milk
Dinner - dozen eggs and dozen filet of fish

Does any of you have a Frugal God Mode infographic or tips on how to have a good diet when you're low on shekels ?

Taking 300,000 IU of D3 a day is good for me right? I've been doing it for a week.

>You don't have to tell me, but you do have to eat these

>300,000 IU of D3 a day

It's very very very difficult to bulk on a budget. For a moderate diet, I would worry more about your money situation. Cutting can be done.

Calculate all your meals: Find out how much each one costs per serving, a good meal costs less than $3 per serving, a great one costs less than $2.

only if you have a deficiency, IE you get close to no sunlight per day. Also
>300,000 IU
I think you fucked up a number.

My D3 pills have 5,000 IU each pill. I swallow about 20 of them 3 times a day with water. This is good right? I just want to get mad gainz.

>I just want to get mad gainz.

Fuark m8 u need at least 600,000. Dont be a bitch just do it brah

Ok thanks bro. I'll extrapolate the numbers a bit since I'm a eurofag living in a fucking expensive city in order to study (I don't pay a rent since I'm living at a friend's flat).

Is it fine to buy discount product ? Or should I only take from the brands ? I'm mostly thinking about meat here. Maybe cheap meat is bad as fuck, I can't tell

Is intermittent fasting Veeky Forums approved?
What are some good introductory material?
How often should I eat when fasting, and how much?
Can it be started by anyone, or should an appropriate muscle/fat ratio be reached beforehand?

How do I program HIIT and Hypertrophy Into my SS program?

And are there any good resources for learning how to program/learning basic workpit science.

im fat as shit dyel lifting for 4 months but someone please tell me i have potential for nice looking back

please

>im fat as shit dyel
>please tell me i have potential for nice looking back

I also want to know this.
I've read some articles that say you should fast for two days a week, and others that say you should do IF, or fasting every other day,

My plan right now is to eat 500 calories every other day because I read you get the same benefits of fasting from that.

I really feel like I'm being memed.

I do an upper body/lower body split. I'm thinking about increasing my workout time from an hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half, but cutting the number of days I go to the gym from 5 to 4, cause of my schedule. Would this work?

Yeah it will happen. Carry on

>Cutting for 3-4 months
This is why you don't dirty bulk.

Looks like the routine of someone too lazy to stick to a routine. If it's 6 days a week it's feasible with a few additions, otherwise it's severely lacking.
No triceps, no shoulders, no chest other than bench, almost no back.

Better than most diets I see on Veeky Forums but the key to diet is still variety and fresh produce.

To cure depression:
>Regular exercise
>Regular sunshine
>Regular social interaction with peers
>Good sleep
>Good diet

To start getting fit:
>Read the sticky
>Pick a bodyweight routine or
>Get a part time job and get a gym membership

/r/EatCheapAndHealthy/
Plenty of in season veg, beans, rice, sardines, nuts etc

>Taking 300,000 IU of D3 a day is good for me right?
You'd damage yourself fairly quickly. Most you can get in supplements is 10,000 UI and the toxicity level in studies started at 40,000 UI
You're an idiot.

>Is intermittent fasting Veeky Forums approved?
Even common sense isn't Veeky Forums approved.
>How often should I eat when fasting, and how much?
Typical IF has you eating within a 5 hour window, which, if you're lifting reasonably, gives a strong propensity to just load shit into your mouth non stop for 5 hours. Aim for set meals and do whatever it takes to be consistent.

>and how much?
As many calories as you need to lose, maintain or gain weight within your desired amount of time.
>Can it be started by anyone, or should an appropriate muscle/fat ratio be reached beforehand?
No, IF is safe and sensible for anyone, the human body can go weeks without food without any damage, 16 hours isn't going to do shit to you, don't worry.

>and Hypertrophy Into my SS program?
You don't, it's a 6 month strength routine

You have decent frame and lats if that's what you're fishing for.

Will one ever recover from a herniated disc?

chuen pls

i think i have imbalances in my spine
look at my frame swaying to the side

also bad case of shoulders rounded forward due to gyno since being a kid and sitting on my ass for ages

no idea how to fix the imballance tho

I am on Canditos 6 week programme. On week 1 he has Monday lower, Tues upper, Wed off, Thurs Upper, Fri lower and Sat Upper.

Week 2 is the same, apart from Thurs is upper, Fri is lower and Sat is off with Sun upper.

My question is, can I keep week 2 the same days as week 1 and not fuck with progress? I need that Sunday off.

nope

Wait no, I confused myself.

Week 2 is Thurs lower, Fri upper and Sunday upper. I should also mention Tues night I have plyo within sports training. Legs are usually fucked.

>To cure depression:
>>Regular exercise
Working on it, hence the question.

>>Regular sunshine
I'm British and it's winter. Getting some sunshine would be nearly impossible even if I was going outside more.

>>Regular social interaction with peers
I talk to people before lecturers, hopefully that's enough.

>>Good sleep
I go to bed 8 hours before I plan to wake up (which isn't the same as 8 hours' sleep), is that enough in terms of amount? As for quality, I've got no idea how the quality of my sleep compares to the average, or how I would even find that out.

>>Good diet
My diet is fully Veeky Forums approved, if I had the time to get Veeky Forums then the only change I would make to my diet would be more carbs and protein.

How do I build a meal plan.

I want to resume working out after a year long break due to injury, but I've been eating below maintenance for some time now.

I need about 2700 calories, 400g carbs, 130g protons.

At the moment I'm basically a NEET, so I can prepare my stuff no problem.

How do I reach the calories without cheating with fast food?

>I need about 2700 calories
>How do I reach the calories without cheating with fast food?

Eat foods that aren't fast food.

Meal prep.

Cook up a shit load of chicken, cook your carb source and decide of a fat source.

Stick to these altering between. Say for example, Rice, chicken and houmous.

Do you live near a chipotle? They have great nutritional value and besides high sodium you're not eating shit (chicken, beans, rice).

I got an easy 800 calories from a double chicken bowl a few times a week

Besides that its easy. Peanuts are easy to get calories, so is peanut butter and milk.

I was skelly and I always found bulking or eating at a decentlevel pretty easy.

oats + proton powder in the morning ( i eat that every day)

clean meal 1 and 2 (chicken or filet of good fish with rice, some veggies, spaghetti with natural sauce and chicken / turkey meat) etc, add olive oil to rice or use coconut oil, you need dem healthy fats

last meal is cottage cheese or something else without much carbs, and decent casein proteins

easy

add fish oil capsule for good measure

Nah bro, I'm in Norway. I ain't got shit but a gas station in a 10km radius around me

stock up on frozen chicken / fish filets
beans rice etc

buy that shit in bulk
you wont have to drive back and forth and it stores nicely

Abs are made in kitchen, everyone knows this.
The question is: What's the maximum amount of fat I can eat in a day AND lose enough bodyfat to get good abs?
I weigh 70kg and I have about 15-17% bodyfat

i know fantastic exercise to help you out

read sticky x f

its not fats making you fat, its caloric surplus (most often due excess simple carbs intake)

I really need help guys.
>22
>have long term gf
>she wants to move to bigger city next year to study
>place quite far away
>we have to move there together

pros of moving for me are
>keep her
>earn more money
cons
>all my friends are here
>my family lives around here (this is one of the biggest factors for me. my parents aren't that young either.)
>i just got used to my new home
>i don't even like big cities very much
>my family owns two houses around here that I'll have to take care of in the later future

My only choices are going with her or leaving her. I can't live with the thought of making to stay here and knowing she wants to live her dreams so badly. But I still love her. And she loves me so badly. She puts all her hope in me. I am so fucking rekt at the moment bros. I want her to be happy... But I don't see our future at the moment. I've been talking to her yes.. those two options were really the only, and I always said I'd come with her. But it's coming closer and closer and I feel that I can't. What the fuck do I do.

Chicken thighs instead of chicken breast.

Stay away from broccoli, its great for you, but it fills you up and doesn't provide many calories.

But yeah like I said, peanut butter, milk, peanuts, and whey if you need it.

>The question is: What's the maximum amount of fat I can eat in a day AND lose enough bodyfat

Calories>macros

You lose weight by cutting back calories not just carbs, fat or protein.

I don't want to lose weight ,just lose bodyfat and gain muscle.

How long should I be working out for? I've been doing the ripptoe 5x5 workout in the sticky but it only takes me about 25 minutes

Family and friends will most likely always be there for you. Don't burn down bridges and neglect people who helped raise you just to make one person happy. If she doesn't want to be with you unless you move to the city then she isn't worth holding on to. You would be sacrificing so much more just to make her happy.

One is not possible without the other.

You gain weight (muscle and if dont right only a little fat) or lose weight (lose fat and if done right only a little muscle).

Unless you are new or obese its one or the other.

Manager's specials are your friend. Whenever a certain type of meat isn't doing well they'll put it on sale for dirt cheap before they have to throw it out. This is the time to stock up on it and slap it in the freezer.

As for brands, that's on you. You literally can't buy food that will kill you as it's all tested before distribution, just get what you like or whatever's cheapest. Sometimes you'll find that spending the extra 30 cents or dollar is worth it over saving it. I do that with beans, can't fucking stand to cheapo brand.

read the fucking sticky

rippletoe never had a 5x5 program, but beginner workouts usually don't take longer than 30-40 minutes.

How can I tell if my ROM is good enough when doing shrugs. It's really hard to tell if my shoulders are fully up

Am I better served doing the stretching and mobility routines from the sticky, or hopping into a beginner's yoga routine?

What fats are bad? I love fatty foods like avocados, meat, cheese and other stuff

also it turns out I became intolerant to milk and cheese outside cottage cheese,.makes me have loose stools and deadly gas also bloated, happenend since I had a gastroenteritis in the 1st week of this month
What can I trade cow milk for? i checked coconut milk label and it has xatam gum or some shit like that and other weird names so it doesnt convince me

Weight>ROM

heavy ass rack pulls and "cheat" shrugs with heavy weight will make you grow better, brah

>What fats are bad?
Trans fats are terrible. Saturated fat is ok in moderation. Most vegetable and nut oils are great.

>What can I trade cow milk for?
Unless you want a drink like milk in your diet then trade it with anything that has a fair split of protein and carbs. Soy milk is kinda weird but you get used to it. Almond milk is delicious but fairly low in protein. People freak out over the phytoestrogens in soy but unless you're eating or drinking around 20 servings a day then you have nothing at all to worry about. I'd be more worried about all of the hormones that they inject cows with, and how much pus and blood from infected udders winds up in your gallon of milk.

OK I feel it way more at like 60lb dumbells but can bring 40s higher I think lmao can't really feel if they are all the way up. Thanks I just keep shrugging them up

Your traps won't respond to that pussy ass weight. Get a barbell and start loading it up. You should be able to power shrug at least the same weight as your deadlift.

>I'm British and it's winter. Getting some sunshine would be nearly impossible even if I was going outside more.
I'm Scottish, I'm still able to get more than a couple hours of sunshine each day, stop making excuses.

>I talk to people before lecturers, hopefully that's enough.
That's not social and those aren't peers, it's neither.

>I go to bed 8 hours before I plan to wake up (which isn't the same as 8 hours' sleep), is that enough in terms of amount?
Amount isn't as important as quality. I get 6 hours most nights and feel fine, 7 hours is optimal and anything more than 8 is bad for me.
>I've got no idea how the quality of my sleep compares to the average, or how I would even find that out.
It's difficult, best to go by how you feel by fixing other factors first. NHS offers CPAP machines if you're suffering from sleep apnea which are excellent and fairly easy to lie about if you're not.

>The question is: What's the maximum amount of fat I can eat in a day AND lose enough bodyfat to get good abs?
Depends entirely on what your name is. For most it starts at around 11% or less

Sounds like you're just staying because it's more comfortable.Either way not giving yourself the option of being together while only she moves there is retarded and I'd suggest you encourage her to go but go see her every X weeks.

As long as it takes. 5x5 doesn't take 25 minutes though unless you're lifting less than half of your 1RM

Shrugs are one of the ones where ROM is far less important. Rack pulls and above knee deadlifts are probably a better choice if you're worried about it though.

Depends on your goals. Never tried either so can't compare, but ask a yoga or bodyweight subreddit for better answers than Veeky Forums which is primarily meatheads.

>What fats are bad?
Trans fats. Saturated fat is considered bad above 30g/day.

>What can I trade cow milk for?
Kefir or lactose free milk. I recommend kefir since you're on Veeky Forums and it's great for lifting but also packed full of probiotics and prebiotics.
Nut milks are also fantastic and cheap.

>xatam gum or some shit like that and other weird names so it doesnt convince me
If you're scared of xantham gum you're a retard who needs to stop reading blogs.

At home brah. All I have is dumbells for now. I can up the weight on them though I was just worried I wasn't lifting it high enough.

There's no point in doing shrugs then desu, unless you have 200+lb dumbbells.

>Depends on your goals
I mean, I'm not looking to turn into a human pretzel, mainly trying to build better flexibility/mobility for things like lifting (my shoulder flexibility is shit, and I'd like to get more depth out of my squats). I did find a similar question on reddit with a lot of the answers saying to do yoga even for things like lifting, but that shit tends to take up a longer time commitment than the stickied routines

didnt read blogs, it simply sounds unhealthy so I asked.
Same with a lot of E45 and other variations, gums and stuff

Current NHS advise is everyone should consider taking Vitamin D supplements during Winter anyway.

Source:
nhs.uk/news/2016/07July/Pages/The-new-guidelines-on-vitamin-D-what-you-need-to-know.aspx

Should I start bulking? What are some tips to get Veeky Forums?

>mainly trying to build better flexibility/mobility for things like lifting
Fit sticky stretches are fine then. Joe DeFranco's "Limber 11" flexibility routine is also a gold standard for lifting.

It's xantham gum, what the hell is unhealthy about it? It's better than cornstarch for you either way.

>Same with a lot of E45 and other variations, gums and stuff
Those aren't gums, they're colourings, they're also perfectly healthy for you by law.

Please stop being retarded on purpose.

Read the sticky.

I'm doing baby weight OHP, and my stabilisers are garbage. I'll have to drop the weight, but what can I do to bring them up to scratch? Just doing vanilla Stronglifts 5x5 at the minute.

What's an achievable weight loss goal per week for the missus? She 78kg @5'8 bit athletic

1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

Any chance for an answer to this?

Eat more, rest enough. OHP is hard to develop for most people.

Also, make sure your form is correct

Focus on lats. Rows of all kinds, Deadlifts, pull downs.

OK most weight I can fit on them now is 75lb per dumbell. I gotta get some 25s. Idk starting to hit a crossroad of either gym membership or buying a power rack for the house

When I lift and get a pump I love the way I look, is it possible to achieve that look permanently while being natty?
Im aware your pump grows as you grow but thats not the question

Just don't work the same body groups in consecutive days, user.

No. Get lean and start injecting Masteron.

Yeah, that's fair enough I guess.
That also sounds sensible.

Cheers guys.

Can I do a low-calorie diet (

Would doing a heavy full-body session once a week be good enough to maintain strength and size? I'm planning to focus more on basketball and running in the near future, but I don't want to lose a lot of strength/mass.
Should I do 1 day a week or try to aim for twice a week?

I'd aim for two.

Is permbulk just a lie to make people feel better about eating shit food?

I told myself I was permabulking a few years ago and now I'm 40% bf. I can do 2/3/4/5 tho.

So wait, juice is bad for you?

No steroids are good for you bro, just take anti-estrogens and do a good cycle.

> TL;DR:
What are some loss-friendly ways to get more protein in my diet?
Is runner's muscle soreness just lack of protein or should I get some vitamin supplements too?

I am trying to lose weight by running but am starting to see a lot of muscle soreness and fatigue even on "rest" days. I suspect it's lack of protein or maybe low potassium and low protein but I'm still new at this so I'm not sure.

I have been drinking milk/soy and eating chicken or eggs at meals with oats as a snack/breakfast and I'm still having a lot of trouble hitting the over 160 grams mark most sites say I should be hitting. I tend to average 80-100 grams despite all my efforts. I take a regular multivitamin but no other supplements. The multivitamins out here don't have potassium in them.

> Current routine
Jog two miles, run one mile (three times weekly)
Stretches and walking one mile (twice a week, muscles permitting).
Rest (at least twice a week)

Thanks for reading!

I was talking about fruit juice.

>soy
bro

read the sticky

Remember when they said fat was bad for you? Remember when they said carbs were bad for you? Remember when they said protein was bad for you? Nutritional "sceintists" are frauds and hacks, just eat meat, organs meat, eggs, veggies, starches.

They're high on sugar, so yes. Best to drink just water.

But water doesn't go well with steak.

Fruit juice is mostly processed and has added sugar, and less fibre and so is obviously worse than fruit.
It's also far less satiating.

Apple and orange juices in particular are pretty close to coca cola, or worse, in terms of sugar.

what are good preworkout supps are arent total memes
>inb4 amino acids

also I always get nauseous when I take my muscle pharm preworkout

You're supposed to drink red wine with steak retard.
Cocaine bruh. No joke, prepare to get RIPPED BRUH GAINZ EVERYWHERE!

Jesus Christ, those two are my favorite juices.
God damn it, I'm quitting them right now.

Caffeine and creatine

That's why they're your favourite. Never drink calories

Don't overcomplicate IF, just skip breakfast, eat a nice big dinner as soon as you get home and don't snack afterwards, that'll easily let you have a 6-8 hour eating window daily with it being effortless once you get used to it. Isn't fasting just limiting unneeded calories by having lesser hunger, and most of it's other "benefits" aren't really proven?

You can have a glass of juice a day. Doesn't need to completely cut out from your life. Just don't drink 1 liter a day and you'll be fine.